Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2011, 07:04   #721
Team-BHP Support

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
This reduced-feature Benz could be the equivalent of BMW's "corporate edition" 3-series.
I don’t think so. This should be for the standard edition. And refer to V-16’s post earlier. He mentioned that his cousin bought a C250 CDI under 30 lakhs OTR. That’s pretty heavy discount
Old 8th July 2011, 07:54   #722
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMind View Post
@Mdsaab my sales rep is getting antsy, calling me every day. I've managed to put him off for now. I plan to go there this week end and do my shtuff before I hand in my booking check !
Thanks again for your input, eagerly waiting for some information on your end.
This is a very good sign. Keep them running after you. This helps in drawing the line, stating that the discounts need to improve for him to get the cheque. Explain to him that the dealer with the better offer wins and so he better hurry up and come up with a better deal.
Sorry i know i had promised to call yesterday, but a couple of things have come up and been real busy. will squeeze in that call, i promise.
-----

Honda Jazz ~ Discounts of 85K being offered - plus a couple of free accessories. I did not haggle harder but i feel another 10K cash could be possible.

-----

30-35% off on the C ~ Yipee!
I remember reading not too long ago, that First Choice Mumbai had quite a few of them for sale in the 30 lakh region. So 30 or under it for a brand new one is a great deal. Wonder what will happen to the resale values though?

Last edited by mdsaab : 8th July 2011 at 08:08.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 08:10   #723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecclipse78 View Post
Is it possible to get a Proforma or Copy of the invoice for this ?

The Merc dealer in Chennai is stating that its only 3 lacs off from MBIL. They are'nt willing to offer anything further.
Maybe its city or even dealer specific in that case an invoice wont help. Mind you this was the OTR price and not just ex showroom. It includes all discounts and waivers including taxes and registration, insurance, VIP number etc. I think its largely depending on what stocks a particular dealer has. In Bombay, any dealer would give you 4L straight up and then its upto you with sheer bargaining power.

Ill ask my cousin if he can give me the invoice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
This reduced-feature Benz could be the equivalent of BMW's "corporate edition" 3-series.

Nice move!

Regards,
spadix
This is the Avant Garde version, the highest spec.

Also the 2008 models are now up for grabs in the pre-owned dealerships for as low as 18-19, depending on the series, that too low mileage. I was offered one pre-owned C200k and one C220 cdi in that price bracket.

Last edited by V-16 : 8th July 2011 at 08:26.
Old 8th July 2011, 12:37   #724
BHPian

Lots of discount on Skoda cars thanks to the skoda celebration of 10years in India

- 40k discount on Fabia 1.2 classic , so now it costs around 5.04 on road in hyd
- 1.8l discount on the Yeti ambiente , now costing around 16.xx
-huge discounts on Laura Tsi classic for 13.25 and ambiente for 14.78 on road

Last edited by moose56 : 8th July 2011 at 13:00. Reason: adding laura rates
Old 8th July 2011, 13:47   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose56 View Post
Lots of discount on Skoda cars thanks to the skoda celebration of 10years in India
Anything on the Yeti Elegance?
Old 8th July 2011, 14:42   #726
Senior - BHPian

NoMind as promised made that phone call today.
This is what i managed to get over the phone.
1. Free insurance
2. Exchange bonus of 20K
3. free floor mats & mud guards.
I tried to push harder. But over the phone its a different ball game.
But from the guys way of speaking i think there is definately a bit more available.
Good luck!
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 17:16   #727
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
-----

Honda Jazz ~ Discounts of 85K being offered - plus a couple of free accessories. I did not haggle harder but i feel another 10K cash could be possible.

-----
That is mouth-watering!

Unfortunately, Shubh Honda at the capital is not budging an inch from their 55K discount + Rs 1/- insurance (standard Honda offer), standard freebie accessories, plus spoiler thrown in, for the Select model. I asked for the fogs and was curtly denied. Very stubborn for their final 7.89L on-road price. Told them if they gave me a better offer I will be reeled in, otherwise I ll get it from another state.

Gosh, how I tried!
Old 8th July 2011, 17:41   #728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
That is mouth-watering!

Unfortunately, Shubh Honda at the capital is not budging an inch from their 55K discount + Rs 1/- insurance (standard Honda offer), standard freebie accessories, plus spoiler thrown in, for the Select model. I asked for the fogs and was curtly denied. Very stubborn for their final 7.89L on-road price. Told them if they gave me a better offer I will be reeled in, otherwise I ll get it from another state.

Gosh, how I tried!
Buddyl, where are you located? The price seems high, most probably due to the road tax.
During my negotiation process, they were not willing to give the fog lamps but seemed happy to give other stuff.
I got the fogs fitted from outside , costed around 5K (Osram ones).
May be you can ask them to give you sunfilms, which is mandatory for Jazz anyways - that's what I did too as they were not ready to offer the fogs free. (Insist on warranty if you get the sumfilms done from them)
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 17:43   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post

-----
@mdsaab could you detail out the discounts being offered to you on the Jazz. The Honda dealer who contacted me just mentioned the 55k + 1Re insurance offer.

Extending 85k to 100k IMHO would be a neat offer for the Jazz

Cheers
Old 8th July 2011, 18:32   #730
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
@mdsaab could you detail out the discounts being offered to you on the Jazz. The Honda dealer who contacted me just mentioned the 55k + 1Re insurance offer.

Extending 85k to 100k IMHO would be a neat offer for the Jazz

Cheers
That's what I am getting from my Honda dealer too, plus 10K corporate discount (I forgot to mention that in my above post), and the rear spoiler.

If they give me at least 15-20K more, I will throw my hat in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Buddyl, where are you located? The price seems high, most probably due to the road tax.
During my negotiation process, they were not willing to give the fog lamps but seemed happy to give other stuff.
I got the fogs fitted from outside , costed around 5K (Osram ones).
May be you can ask them to give you sunfilms, which is mandatory for Jazz anyways - that's what I did too as they were not ready to offer the fogs free. (Insist on warranty if you get the sumfilms done from them)
I am in Chhattisgarh, Adi. The Road Tax here should be cheaper than Hyderabad. (purely my speculation and going by the petrol/diesel comparative rates)

The dealer mentioned 52K for Road Tax and 30K for insurance (both grossly inflated, I am thinking). According to him, adding up the 10K corporate discount and the rear spoiler to the 55K Honda discount + Rs.1/- insurance added up to 1L savings already, and I shouldn't be complaining!

Me - Can't you get the standard Jazz fogs and get it fitted when I bring it in for the first service?

Him - No, sir. You have to pay for that kit.

Me - I just want the fogs. Nothing else. You can keep the rest.

Him - I understand, sir. (long silence)

Let's see what happens in the coming days.
Old 8th July 2011, 19:14   #731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose56 View Post
That is a substantial discount on the Yeti! Is the 10 year celebration expected to run through the year or is it a limited period offer?
Old 8th July 2011, 19:33   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
That is a substantial discount on the Yeti! Is the 10 year celebration expected to run through the year or is it a limited period offer?
Till Monday I was told......at least the one on the Yeti
Old 8th July 2011, 20:49   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeSan27 View Post
Anything on the Yeti Elegance?
no discounts on this model

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
My friend works there and as per his knowledge its for the next 15 days
moose56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 22:06   #734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
That's what I am getting from my Honda dealer too, plus 10K corporate discount (I forgot to mention that in my above post), and the rear spoiler.

If they give me at least 15-20K more, I will throw my hat in.

I am in Chhattisgarh, Adi. The Road Tax here should be cheaper than Hyderabad. (purely my speculation and going by the petrol/diesel comparative rates)

The dealer mentioned 52K for Road Tax and 30K for insurance (both grossly inflated, I am thinking). According to him, adding up the 10K corporate discount and the rear spoiler to the 55K Honda discount + Rs.1/- insurance added up to 1L savings already, and I shouldn't be complaining!

Me - Can't you get the standard Jazz fogs and get it fitted when I bring it in for the first service?

Him - No, sir. You have to pay for that kit.

Me - I just want the fogs. Nothing else. You can keep the rest.

Him - I understand, sir. (long silence)

Let's see what happens in the coming days.
@Raven, there is some issue here. Road tax in Hyderabad is 12% which comes to around 85000 for Jazz. But, the OTR price is around 8.73L for Jazz Select.

Going by that logic, your OTR price is 8.4L. So, if you take 55K+25K(insurance)+ 10K(corp discount), it comes to 7.5L.
How does it come to 7.9L? Please explain.
What is the OTR price before any discount with the breakup?

I paid 8L for Jazz in Hyderabad a year back with sun films, rear spoiler, illuminated side steps etc etc.

Am I missing something?
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 23:31   #735
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
@Raven, there is some issue here. Road tax in Hyderabad is 12% which comes to around 85000 for Jazz. But, the OTR price is around 8.73L for Jazz Select.

Going by that logic, your OTR price is 8.4L. So, if you take 55K+25K(insurance)+ 10K(corp discount), it comes to 7.5L.
How does it come to 7.9L? Please explain.
What is the OTR price before any discount with the breakup?

I paid 8L for Jazz in Hyderabad a year back with sun films, rear spoiler, illuminated side steps etc etc.

Am I missing something?
The Jazz Select is priced at 7,56,500, ex-showroom over here.

Adding 92K (approx., quoted) for RTO,
30K (approx., quoted) for insurance, and
5.5K for something else I forgot (maybe Extended Warranty + Roadside Assistance, or something else),
and the dealer's OTR comes to 8.84L (approx.).

Discounts of 55K (Cash)
+ 30K (Insurance)
+ 10K (Corporate),
and the final OTR price offered to me is 7.89L (approx.).

Sorry about the confusion. RT is 92K, not 52K. Guess I was thinking of the cash discount every time I was typing it.

They said sunfilm fitting will be done by them, and they will also throw in the rear spoiler. No offer for side step scuff plates or any other accessory/freebies though - they said I need to buy the kits for that separately.

Most Viewed