Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2019, 22:49   #7396
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Both VW and Skoda are offering discounts on their diesel offerings now. Considering that both these makers are going to stop their diesel engines completely post BS6, what is the risk involved in getting these diesel cars now? If there are engine issues in future, will the spares be available?
Old 29th November 2019, 22:50   #7397
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrk997 View Post
So I started following this page on Instagram that sells cars and got into a conversation with them. I've never heard of such an arrangement before, and I'm skeptical. Kindly go through the conversation and advise.
Sounds like a typical fraud, pretending to get cars directly from factory. I would say forget it.
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 01:54   #7398
BHPian

Any idea about discounts on Toyota Fortuner?
Local dealer was offering 1.5 lakhs off during festival season which has trickled down to 60 k now.
Old 30th November 2019, 06:22   #7399
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrk997 View Post
So I started following this page on Instagram that sells cars and got into a conversation with them. I've never heard of such an arrangement before, and I'm skeptical. Kindly go through the conversation and advise.
I don't have any personal experience with such establishments but have heard of people buying from such agents/establishments. And they cater to all segments right from Maruti to High end luxury cars. Someone I know picked up a Baleno from one such agent when the waiting periods were long. The agent got them the car much earlier and matched the price of the dealership.

But yes it is a huge gamble specially given the number of fraudsters out there.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 15:27   #7400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
Both VW and Skoda are offering discounts on their diesel offerings now. Considering that both these makers are going to stop their diesel engines completely post BS6, what is the risk involved in getting these diesel cars now? If there are engine issues in future, will the spares be available?
Heard this for Audi. Is it true for Skoda/VW too?

I do not think they will stop diesel altogether. if at all, I would think that it would be for smaller cars. Models like Kodiaq doesn't have petrol. So it would mean no more Kodiaq in India!?
Old 30th November 2019, 16:29   #7401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Heard this for Audi. Is it true for Skoda/VW too?

I do not think they will stop diesel altogether. if at all, I would think that it would be for smaller cars. Models like Kodiaq doesn't have petrol. So it would mean no more Kodiaq in India!?
My reference is this: https://www.cartoq.com/car-companies...y-diesel-dump/
Quoting the relevant section:
Quote:
Volkswagen Group, which was involved in a global scandal for diesel engines will also drop the diesel engine options from their line-up in India according to ACI. The facelifted Polo, which will be launched in the coming days will only get a petrol engine. In the future, Volkswagen will continue to launch products with the BS6 compliant petrol engines while the diesel engines will be discontinued. Skoda will lead India 2.0 strategy for the Volkswagen Group and according to various reports, including this one from CarDekho, Skoda will discontinue the diesel variants of the Rapid in the coming months while all the other models from the brand that carries a diesel engine will be discontinued in the future.
skarthiksr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 19:04   #7402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth View Post
Hi Guys,

Looking to buy Mahindra XUV 500 W7 AT. Any idea about the best discounts we can get.
I am getting 40k discount + 40k exchange bonus.
City: Delhi / Gurgaon.

Thanks.
Guys - Any idea about the December offers or if some others offers are available.
Old 2nd December 2019, 17:33   #7403
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai year end discounts
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-img20191202wa0008.jpg  

ACM is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 10:36   #7404
BHPian

Any idea what the offers on these cars are:

1) BMW 3 series
2) BMW 5 Series
3) Mercedes C Class
4) Mercedes E Class

Would prefer petrol models

Thanks!
Old 3rd December 2019, 10:40   #7405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Interesting.

Did they withdrew corporate discount on Tucson? Till last month, they were offering 50k as corporate discount. The total discount offered last month was around ~2.6 Lac.
gutsy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 12:00   #7406
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Outgoing model GLE: Mumbai
Landmark has 1 new in silver.
Shaman motors has none.
Auto hanger has 1 demo unit) which has done about 4500kms. (In my book equivalent to 45000 kms)
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 12:11   #7407
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki to increase prices of most cars from January 2020.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 12:21   #7408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki to increase prices of most cars from January 2020.

Link
Year end ritual of car makers to push buyers by threatening them with price increase to clear their inventories. It happens every year.

Nothing new. Be innovative and think something else car makers.
mukeshgoel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 15:56   #7409
Senior - BHPian

Guys, what are the latest offers anybody has extracted from Honda dealers for the City? I am looking to buy one, but want to get idea over the current discounts..
Old 3rd December 2019, 18:08   #7410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
This is almost same as all year discount. In reality, dealers are offering better deals. A dealer in Pune today casually offered me 1 lakh discount on Creta diesel AT.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks