Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2019, 18:49   #7411
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Year end ritual of car makers to push buyers by threatening them with price increase to clear their inventories. It happens every year.
They never announce price cuts this advance though

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Outgoing model GLE: Mumbai
Landmark has 1 new in silver.
Any Idea how much is this going for. It must be one of the last GLE350d in stock across India.
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 19:39   #7412
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Any idea what the offers on these cars are:

1) BMW 3 series
2) BMW 5 Series
3) Mercedes C Class
4) Mercedes E Class

Would prefer petrol models

Thanks!
Bombay E220d Exclusive - 67, Expression - 63. -1.5 or so for petrol. 530d 67, no idea about petrol. All prices on-road.
Old 3rd December 2019, 19:43   #7413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki to increase prices of most cars from January 2020.

Link
Incorrigible! With the economy in doldrums, dying demand everywhere, inflation well under control, wonder how their input costs have gone up?

Maruti
Old 3rd December 2019, 20:21   #7414

Hi, This is my first post here.
I live in Uttarakhand with frequent trips to hills and a little off roading once in a while. Want to buy Duster AWD. Is it a good buy considering it will be discontinued once BS6 norms set in? What is the best time to get the maximum discount?

I got this quote from Dehradun Renault

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-631703511484443eb67c682a4ba5bccf.jpeg

Last edited by BlackPearl : 3rd December 2019 at 22:30. Reason: Merged the two posts as requested and fixed the formatting
Old 4th December 2019, 00:37   #7415
BANNED

Saurabh -

Leaving the AWD aspect apart, why would you want to spend 1.5 million odd on a horse that is on it's last legs and better be unsaddled. You'd want to add the ride as a USP here.

For about 1.6 million or thereabouts, Himachal Pradesh or Uttarakhand registered Compass can be in your garage. The Jeep compass is light years and beyond the rudimentary Duster.

Think not once or twice but a gazillion times before you let the (Dust)er settle in your Life.

Last edited by GTO : 5th December 2019 at 09:32. Reason: Please don’t use acronyms that are hard to understand!
Torquedo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 01:29   #7416
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Any Idea how much is this going for. It must be one of the last GLE350d in stock across India.
Was 250d. Just got sold, none now.

Last few GLC prime variants with them about 10+L off. New GLC facelift is in stock though.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 01:33   #7417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Saurabh -

Leaving the AWD aspect apart, why would you want to spend 1.5 million odd on a horse that is on it's last legs and better be unsaddled. You'd want to add the ride as a USP here.

For about 1.6 million or thereabouts, HP or UK Compass can be in your garage. The Jeep compass is light years and beyond the rudimentary Duster.

Think not once or twice but a gazillion times before you let the (Dust)er settle in your Life.
Really? For about 15 lakh, Duster provide the best combo of space (both passenger and cargo), comfort, and usage cost (FE and maintenance).
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 07:29   #7418
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Year end ritual of car makers to push buyers by threatening them with price increase to clear their inventories. It happens every year.

Nothing new. Be innovative and think something else car makers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
Incorrigible! With the economy in doldrums, dying demand everywhere, inflation well under control, wonder how their input costs have gone up?

--
Most manufacturers are hiking prices effective January 2020.

Maruti Suzuki, Mahindra & Mahindra, Ford, Toyota, Mercedes Benz and Audi plan to raise the prices from January 2020.Toyota India and Hero MotoCorp are also expected to revise the prices, more to follow soon.

Toyota Kirloskar Motor:

Quote:
The company is reviewing two price hikes, first from January 2020 after evaluating costs through the last six months and the second one on account of transitioning from BS-IV to BS-VI
Honda India:

Quote:
Does not plan to raise the prices from January and will, instead, introduce BS-VI vehicles sequentially
Link
Old 4th December 2019, 07:54   #7419

For about 1.6 million or thereabouts, HP or UK Compass can be in your garage. The Jeep compass is light years and beyond

Shortlisted following in my search for a new SUV
1. Renault Duster AWD : fulfils my requirement, is cost effective and great reviews by team BHP. Only concern is whether I will get proper after sales support once it is discontinued?

2. Tata Harrier: I have requested a test drive. Looks very stylish and feature loaded. But reviews are putting me off. Still giving it a serious consideration

3. Kia Seltos: Definitely a stunner but the variants which appeal to me are around 2.0 million. It is difficult to ascertain reliability in very short span.

Jeep Compass is 20-25 lakhs. Too costly for me.

Note: Reliability and capable hill drive are important for me. I can compromise on off roading.
drrashmisaurabh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 08:05   #7420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrashmisaurabh View Post
Reliability and capable hill drive are important for me. I can compromise on off roading.
Any preference in terms of MT or AT?

Also, have you considered Tucson GL O. With current discounts, it may be a worthwhile car to consider.

Regarding Harrier, have a look at following ownership review and speak to some of the owners

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...arrier-xz.html (My dual-tone Tata Harrier XZ)
gutsy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 08:20   #7421

Thanks for the prompt reply. Haven’t considered Tucson (price) yet.
The ownership thread on Harrier was excellent and very helpful.
drrashmisaurabh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 09:53   #7422
Distinguished - BHPian

Closed on two SUVs this last week.

GLS350d - 68 lakhs ex-showroom.Which is approx 21L off + free insurance comprehensive insurance for 2 years+3 year third party. 1.5% lower interest rate than banks

Jag F-Pace - 55L ex-showroom. Which is approx 9L off ex-showroom. Plus free jag accessories.

Both 2019 mfd

Self registration and insurance(on jag) is going to save me a lakh or more on OTR as RTO will be paid on actual and agent fees would be minimal compared to dealers “service fee”

Getting both cars from Delhi, bombay and surrounding dealers were significantly more expensive.

I was hoping to wait till December to close on the deals but I’m glad I didn’t as they were literally the last cars available.
The trick is to not just crack a good deal by approach various dealers but also knowing when to stop negotiating and close! I too felt December discounts would be better than November but at the risk of losing the deal entirely and coming back to square of hunting for the right car.
Also when one dealer tells you the other dealer is making a loss if you are getting it for the said price, it’s a no brainer
Just sharing my experience as often we find ourselves in a trap of what if I wait I’ll get more

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 4th December 2019 at 13:24. Reason: Removed unsupported emoticons. Please use the ones provided in the forum text editor to maintain user experience on all platforms.
Sahil is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 12:40   #7423
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Really? For about 15 lakh, Duster provide the best combo of space (both passenger and cargo), comfort, and usage cost (FE and maintenance).
Oh Yeah !! Drive them and let us know, of all that you have stated, only the maintenance is cheaper on the Duster, that will be well compensated on the resale.

If you need further clarity, please PM me.

There is simply no comparo on the Jeep Compass and Duster if the price gap be a lakh or some more change.

Saurabh - If you need to save, you need to sweat is out with the dealers, Jeep Compass shall give you the unmatched driving pleasure in the segment, not even thinking of the Duster at that price point.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th December 2019 at 17:41. Reason: Corrected JC to Jeep Compass. Please use full names of vehicles to avoid ambiguity.
Old 4th December 2019, 13:02   #7424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Oh Yeah !! Drive them and let us know, of all that you have stated, only the maintenance is cheaper on the Duster, that will be well compensated on the resale.

If you need further clarity, please PM me.

There is simply no comparo on the Jeep Compass and Duster if the price gap be a lakh or some more change.
I am not saying that Duster drives better than or even as well as compass. My point was that for 15 lakh on road, I don't see any car beating duster in the areas I mentioned. Compass base diesel is 15.5 ex showroom. Which should be 17+ on road. And without AWD I believe. Yes, power, handling and safety are much better.

Last edited by vb-saan : 4th December 2019 at 17:22. Reason: Edited to reflect the minor updates on the quoted post. Thank you!
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 14:09   #7425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrashmisaurabh View Post
For about 1.6 million or thereabouts, HP or UK Compass can be in your garage. The Jeep compass is light years and beyond

Shortlisted following in my search for a new SUV
1. Renault Duster AWD : fulfils my requirement, is cost effective and great reviews by team BHP. Only concern is whether I will get proper after sales support once it is discontinued?

Note: Reliability and capable hill drive are important for me. I can compromise on off roading.
Duster AWD is prone to injector failures. On this forum itself we have people who have been left stranded middle of the road. I sincerely suggest re-think your decision on Duster.
We too were considering Duster AWD, Creta and SUB4M UV. Finally settled with Nexon. You might want to consider Seltos or XUV as well if that works for you. XUV will be just about 20L and will serve your purpose better.

Also space in Duster is almost as much as the Nexon (only boot is bigger)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks