Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2019, 15:22   #7426
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
GLS was being offered at Rs 70 lacs and GLE at Rs 60 lacs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
70 OTR for the GLS is not possible if its 2019. Must be ex-showroom
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
Possible or not, that was the offer being made.
Quote:
#FAKENEWS I just spoke to BMW Ahmedabad dealer, infact there is ZERO discount on the X5 from their end.

Let's keep this thread realistic and not post figures up in the air as it misleads many serious buyers.
Quote:
Closed on two SUVs this last week.

GLS350d - 68 lakhs ex-showroom.Which is approx 21L off + free insurance comprehensive insurance for 2 years+3 year third party. 1.5% lower interest rate than banks
Congratulations on your acquisitions. Good vehicles.

These were not fake news as you had so hastily and erroneously concluded. These were figures quoted by a car dealer who meets me daily at the club i go to. The authorised dealers have no reason to quote lower figures. A'Bad is a very price sensitive market.

Closure of the deal is important. That you paid a few lacs extra doesn't really matter. My post was in good faith to help the serious buyer.

Good luck, again.

Last edited by GTO : 6th December 2019 at 09:32. Reason: Keep it cool, guys. No need to get hot under the collar.
earthian is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 16:00   #7427
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

I posted this in the Tucson thread, I think it's worth posting here as well.

I heard that Hyundai has been pushing discounts of 3L - 4L on the Tucson, so if you are on the fence, may be it is a good time to pick it up.
sweetvar26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 16:22   #7428
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrk997 View Post
So I started following this page on Instagram that sells cars and got into a conversation with them. I've never heard of such an arrangement before, and I'm skeptical. Kindly go through the conversation and advise.
These are just agents who negotiate on your behalf and hunt around with dealers to crack the best deal. Autobox is another one similar to this and they have an android app. The cars come offically through an authorised dealer itself, not to worry on that front. The showroom gives these guys a cut from their margin. However, in my experience direct negociating works best.

All the rates you have got here are pretty much what Autohangar AMG was giving last month, its perhaps better this month.

The GLS price is high. I paid 68L ex-showroom but it's going to be hard to get that rate now as car is sold out most places
Old 4th December 2019, 16:27   #7429
BHPian

Hi folks

Need suggestions. I am in the market for a new d segment sedan for my parents. They will be chauffeured around basically by a driver.
I am seriously considering the Altis petrol. Not decided on the variant yet, But some questions popped into my head:

- how recommend is it to go for an Altis right now considering there is news that Toyota will discontinue this car in Apr 2020. What about after sales service, spare etc? I know Toyota has a good track record (e.g. the old innova) in this area but still.

- dealers in NCR have a strange variant called J+ in petrol. this is cheaper by almost 2L. (Ex showroom is 14.35 or thereabout). Anyone has any idea or feedback about this one? I have searched and searched and even talked to the helpline. But there is absolutely no info about this variant. And Dealers are not ready to say what this exact model is...'its just one of the variants' they say. I really want to compare the features considering the price differential!

Cheers

Last edited by piyush1.a : 4th December 2019 at 16:40.
Old 4th December 2019, 21:25   #7430
BANNED

Quote:
Closed on two SUVs this last week.

Getting both cars from Delhi, bombay and surrounding dealers were significantly more expensive.
Interesting that you say this. Was trying to get idea of deals on BMW in NCR, but the dealers refused to sell me the X1 with a billing address of ludhiana, citing that i get it from the dealer there since it is their territory. Do other premium makers have such "territories"?

Nevertheless, i did get a similar deal in both the places.
Old 4th December 2019, 23:22   #7431
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Interesting that you say this. Was trying to get idea of deals on BMW in NCR, but the dealers refused to sell me the X1 with a billing address of ludhiana, citing that i get it from the dealer there since it is their territory. Do other premium makers have such "territories"?

Nevertheless, i did get a similar deal in both the places.
Yes territory issue is there with most brands. Apparently there are strict penalties. But there are ways around it internally, all depends on how your dealer handles it. It’s their headache frankly, I made my stance clear that I’m trucking the car to Mumbai from the start.

Especially if you are doing self registration, there really isn’t a way the local dealer would’ve know a car is sold in out of territory region.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 09:16   #7432
BHPian

Quote:
Especially if you are doing self registration, there really isn’t a way the local dealer would’ve know a car is sold in out of territory region.
Refraining from giving unnecessary information to the strangers (here dealers) helps always

Some dealers refuse to do the registration ourself as they also gain considerable amount in the exorbitant handling charges in addition to the RTO officials.
Old 5th December 2019, 10:40   #7433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
I posted this in the Tucson thread, I think it's worth posting here as well.

I heard that Hyundai has been pushing discounts of 3L - 4L on the Tucson, so if you are on the fence, may be it is a good time to pick it up.
Problem with Tucson is that none of the dealers have Tucson in stock and it has to be made to order. Also, most of the dealership are not very interested in selling tucson.

In November, hardly 59 Tucson were dispatched by the factory.
Old 5th December 2019, 11:10   #7434
BHPian

@ Sahil : is it easy to self register new vehicle in Mumbai? How does one go about it?

Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 11:24   #7435
BANNED

Quote:
Yes territory issue is there with most brands. Apparently there are strict penalties. But there are ways around it internally, all depends on how your dealer handles it. It’s their headache frankly, I made my stance clear that I’m trucking the car to Mumbai from the start.

What address have you used in the invoice? Issue in my case was just limited to the fact that they wanted an NCR billing address.
Old 5th December 2019, 11:58   #7436
BHPian

In delhi diesel XE pre-facelift is available at a considerable discount. The facelift just launched, its a good time to pickup 2019 pre-facelift models.
Old 5th December 2019, 14:20   #7437
BHPian

Is there any advantage going for BS6 cars now instead of BS4 ones? I know that BS4 cars are unlikely to get re-registered after 15 years. But same would probably be true for BS6 cars as well. Because after 15 years, we might be at BS10.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 14:37   #7438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
What address have you used in the invoice? Issue in my case was just limited to the fact that they wanted an NCR billing address.
Bombay address.

Just tell them to figure the address internally or use a fake address if they want because that paper aint going anywhere.

Frankly, tell them your local dealer is giving nearly the same deal so if you want to sell then do or i'll take my business elsewhere.

Usually 2-3 days before month end is when they are most desperate to close their numbers. After Xmas will be the best time to close deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
@ Sahil : is it easy to self register new vehicle in Mumbai? How does one go about it?

Thanks
Yes shouldn't be an issue, there are many local agents. I am still figuring on who and how much but have sometime as I am going to register first week jan to get 2020 regn year.
Old 5th December 2019, 16:17   #7439
BHPian

My Skoda dealer called me as they received a black Kodiaq Style and he is willing to give it to me for 32L after exchanging my Santa Fe. EW (5th+6th year) + RSA will be additional 92k. I am not sure if he is giving any additional discount or its the normal pricing of Style right now because 32 will be including loyalty and exchange bonuses. Should i go for it?
Old 5th December 2019, 19:21   #7440
BHPian

How is discount calculated on a new vehicle? Is it on the ex-showroom price or on the on road price? Could someone give me a quick answer as I need to book the vehicle immediately.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks