Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2019, 23:28   #7471
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo74 View Post
Ertiga petrol automatic has a company specified minimum waiting of 24 weeks. 4 months minimum. In mumbai. Diesel ertig a msy be delivered in 2 months.
Such a good thing to know that even in December, Ertiga making the probable owners wait for long.

With so many articles on economic slowdown in automobile industry, the BS6 norms, end of the year sale and temporary shutting of manufacturing plants, here we see cars by MS having waiting periods. The discounts are also as good as which were available throughout the year.
Old 10th December 2019, 23:43   #7472
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Per the sales guy, Maruti stopped making Ertiga this month and will start only in Jan, to push 2020 models. Thats why the abnormal waiting. He advised me to do a tentative booking with 11k ₹ and he will try to find any cancelled booking of ertiga for delivering it to me.
indigo74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 00:18   #7473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo74 View Post
Ertiga petrol automatic has a company specified minimum waiting of 24 weeks. 4 months minimum,in mumbai. Diesel ertiga may be delivered in 2 months.
They don't even have a test drive car for Ertiga AT and Wagon R amt in whole Pune. The salesman tells me to drive celerio and book wagon R, as the feel will be same!
Old 11th December 2019, 05:38   #7474
BHPian

Any word on the total discounts for Civic?
Old 11th December 2019, 09:07   #7475
BANNED

Up to Rs 1.7 lakh off on Tata Harrier.

Tata passenger-car dealers are now offering heavy discounts on its Harrier SUV in a bid to clear stocks before the year ends.
Quote:
While the Harrier has been offered with discounts for the past few months – due to the market slowdown and festive season – the discount on the SUV this month seems to be the highest ever offered by the brand.

Sources tell us that the Harrier can now be purchased at a discount of as high as Rs 1.75 lakh on most variants. This means, the top-spec Harrier could be had for under Rs 19 lakh on road instead of its current Rs 20.47 lakh price tag. Since its launch, the SUV has gathered a decent fan following, especially post the launch of the Dark Edition, which features a unique, all-black theme. It faces strong competition from the MG Hector and Kia Seltos, and loses out on customer appeal due to the lack of an automatic gearbox option.
Source
Old 11th December 2019, 10:10   #7476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Up to Rs 1.7 lakh off on Tata Harrier.

Tata passenger-car dealers are now offering heavy discounts on its Harrier SUV in a bid to clear stocks before the year ends.
Source
That makes it comparable to the Seltos now. But will the market tend towards Harrier? Probably no and now they will have to rework a new strategy to fight it out with Kia and MG.

If the official discount is 1.7 Lakhs then pretty sure on table the negotiation can go upto 2 Lakhs which makes it really a value for money SUV.
VWAllstar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 16:22   #7477
BHPian

I was helping some of my friends to close on their car requirements now. The first question I had to answer was , is it the right time to buy a car. My answer is yes and below are some data, that I collated during my investigation. Thought of sharing with you all as it may help you all. (Attaching the offers I could see, and an effective benefit on the deal as well)

Some assumptions I have taken
  • Every year January all manufacturers increase the price by minimum 4% (For calculation I took only 4%)
  • BS6 price increase for petrol is 10-20K and for Diesel it is going to be in the range of 80K->1L based on the engine size. (Assume the same engine size would come up in BS6 as well)
  • Another factor I haven’t considered was that, BS6 engines mileage will be slightly lower (With the available data what I could correlate). (So this is another data point that BS4 cars will give better mileage )
  • All these prices are for Hyderabad

With the below data, I can confidently say that, “Make hay while the sun shines”
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-yearendpricing.jpg  

anumod is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 23:11   #7478
BHPian

Volkswagen is running ads on a discount campaign of "The Big Rush offer". However, when I called up VW Bangalore, was told that there is no discount on Polo GT TSI AT model. I am not sure about other dealers, but looks like the discounts are not applicable across all models.
Old 13th December 2019, 03:42   #7479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
Volkswagen is running ads on a discount campaign of "The Big Rush offer". However, when I called up VW Bangalore, was told that there is no discount on Polo GT TSI AT model. I am not sure about other dealers, but looks like the discounts are not applicable across all models.
That is one car which hardly gets any sort of discount ever.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 13:34   #7480
BHPian

Just met a Volvo dealer.

XC40 D4 Momentum 5L discount on 51L on road = 46L
XC40 D4 R Design 5L discount on 56L on road = 51L
XC60 D5 has 7L discount on 75L on road = 68L
V90 Cross has 11L discount on 76L on road = 64L

These are direct discounts that were told without any bargaining, may be they could be pushed a little more if bargained hard and ready to close.

EDIT: Also to keep in mind, these on road prices have maintenance package included which is optional. That would reduce the price down a little further.

Last edited by sweetvar26 : 14th December 2019 at 13:40.
sweetvar26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 13:42   #7481
BHPian

My friend bought XC60 for 60/62 during Diwali but i was offered the same 68 last month and the rep said the offer was only for Diwali. V90 was quoted 68 too that time and seems they have increased the discount. I compared the specs and it seems XC60 has all the features of V90CC but air suspension on all wheels except the rear for V90. So unless the shape is what you want i don't see why anyone will go for V90 over XC60.
Old 14th December 2019, 14:29   #7482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
My friend bought XC60 for 60/62 during Diwali but i was offered the same 68 last month and the rep said the offer was only for Diwali. V90 was quoted 68 too that time and seems they have increased the discount. I compared the specs and it seems XC60 has all the features of V90CC but air suspension on all wheels except the rear for V90. So unless the shape is what you want i don't see why anyone will go for V90 over XC60.
The other big difference, substantially for me is the 19 speaker Bowers and Wilkins compared to the 15 speakers in the XC60. The XC60 has excellent audio system but the one in V90 takes it a notch above.

There are also some minor differences which the V90 gets like like heads up display, blind spot information system etc.
sweetvar26 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 14:40   #7483
BHPian

Ah i missed those then. Seems then the V90 is a better deal with those additional features.
Old 14th December 2019, 15:04   #7484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
GT TSI would never get discounts. When I was discussing with the SA for a Ameo DSG, I was offered discounts of almost 1 lakh about 2 months ago, he tried to push for a GT TSI and I enquired about the discounts on that he told me that people who come for the GT TSI don't actually even negotiate, they take a TD and then book the car apparently. People who come for a GT TSI will take a GT TSI and nothing else This was during the time when the facelift with the new bumpers were announced and they were in no hurry to clear the existing stocks
TDCi'd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 15:34   #7485
BHPian

Guys, I'm looking to buy a nexon top end petrol AMT and wasan has quoted me 11.7OTR. if anyone here knows of a better deal or has any suggestions pls let me know.

My requirements are:
- Decent 5 seater
- Automatic
- Safety features
- Budget 11lacs.

Most Viewed