Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2020, 15:09   #7591
BHPian

Re: Tata car prices hiked by up to Rs. 55,000 in January 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriks View Post
In a way I feel happy I got my Nexon before the price hike, even though I seem to have tonnes of minor niggles with the car.
Do the niggles relate to rattle..I have few in my car as well. No one is able to fix it as of now
Old 10th January 2020, 15:26   #7592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
Do the niggles relate to rattle..I have few in my car as well. No one is able to fix it as of now
Some of the issues that I am chasing them for are as follows

1. Both the front car seats after usage for a week started to squeek (like an old spring sound). Took it once, they claimed they took the seat out and regreased it but started again. Back seats not sure since its rarely used.
2. The rubber around the front windows bend while i opened and closed the window. They said they will change it under warranty just didnt get time to go for the change (already been three like three to four times for other issues)
3. A clicking sound that seems to come from below the steering during a drive. They said its compressor turning on/off but i didnt have it before the 1st service.
4. Rattling sound that seems to come from the left side somewhere.
sriks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 20:16   #7593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Very true. The Harrier base variant XE is close to 17L on road in Karnataka. Forget about drive modes, it has no music system and not even remote central locking. You need to walk to vehicle and open the car with key (despite paying 17L) Same with Hexa, over the years features are deleted and the price is increasing.
Yes. I was very close to finalising on the XZ variant in December which post discounts came out to be nearly 19.5 OTR instead of the 20.75. But then I decided to wait for BS6 since its a diesel and the 10 year ban may be enforced nationwide soon. I did wonder on buying an XE/XM and going aftermarket on missing features but those 2 variants seem woefully barebones compared to the XZ which has far too many options for negligible price difference. Hopefully the bs6 is a sorted product.

My fear is the bs6 variant XZ will hit 22 lakhs OTR at which point the rivals might be offering better deals to lure me away. I am not big on Mahindra products having had to use the Bolero and the Scorpio and ocassionally the XUV500 for office use.
Not big on Hyundais next gen Creta or the Kia which already hits 22 lakhs here.

Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 08:09   #7594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriks View Post
Some of the issues that I am chasing them for are as follows

1. Both the front car seats after usage for a week started to squeek (like an old spring sound). Took it once, they claimed they took the seat out and regreased it but started again. Back seats not sure since its rarely used.
2. The rubber around the front windows bend while i opened and closed the window. They said they will change it under warranty just didnt get time to go for the change (already been three like three to four times for other issues)
3. A clicking sound that seems to come from below the steering during a drive. They said its compressor turning on/off but i didnt have it before the 1st service.
4. Rattling sound that seems to come from the left side somewhere.
Ahh feels so much like may car.
Point 1 I too have and given up on that.
Point 2 is not there
Point 3 is there when I turn lock to lock. Just ignore it as it is not regular
Point 4 I have rattling from driver side door (occasionally) Left side B pillar and occasionally from spoiler.

Concorde has not clue how to fix it.

Will have to try other dealers
aniyo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 10:23   #7595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
Ahh feels so much like may car.

Will have to try other dealers
Sad that such a wonderful car has minor niggles like this. Hopefully we can find someone to fix these up.
Old 13th January 2020, 07:29   #7596
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

The current Maruti discounts on offer for this month. Surprised to see S-Presso here.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-img_20200113_072215__01.jpg
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 08:24   #7597
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
The current Maruti discounts on offer for this month. Surprised to see S-Presso here.

Surprised to see no Brezza in here. Looks like they have cleared all the stocks of Brezza.
Old 13th January 2020, 08:30   #7598
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Surprised to see no Brezza in here. Looks like they have cleared all the stocks of Brezza.
The ad is only for BS6 vehicles. And as of now, Maruti has only Petrol BS6.
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 09:58   #7599
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post

My fear is the bs6 variant XZ will hit 22 lakhs OTR at which point the rivals might be offering better deals to lure me away. I am not big on Mahindra products having had to use the Bolero and the Scorpio and ocassionally the XUV500 for office use.
Not big on Hyundais next gen Creta or the Kia which already hits 22 lakhs here.

I think you are right. My guess is that the top end BS6 manual models will see various upgrades such as Pano Sunroof, Upgraded entertainment system etc. besides a higher powered tune of the engine (170 hp). The engine is not inexpensive to upgrade to BS6 due to the addition of an SCR system with a Urea tank and not just a NOX trap such as what the Seltos and smaller cars do. I think you are spot on with the prediction of a 2 lakh price increase on the top spec variant. Add the Auto box and the XZ Auto should retail at 23 lakhs.

However, I do not see good alternatives for Diesel Autos at that price. The Fortuner, Endeavour, Tiguan and Tucson are all in the 30 lakhs + price range. Why, even the Jeep Compass Limited Plus Auto is going to be around 30 lakhs on-road for a much smaller vehicle! So if TATA can bring in a top end Auto at 23 lakhs on-road and a slightly pared down XT Auto at 20 lakhs on-road, I think they will have a huge winner in their hands. Would have given them enough time to iron out all the niggles in the launch edition too.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 13th January 2020 at 10:13.
Old 13th January 2020, 11:03   #7600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

Has anyone seen such advt from Nexa. No word on Ciaz BS6 yet and definitely no price revision till today!
Old 14th January 2020, 18:26   #7601
BHPian

What are the discounts offered on a new Superb - Diesel or Petrol?
Old 14th January 2020, 19:04   #7602
BHPian

I am on a lookout for a viable automatic replacement for my Dad's existing 2015 registered Amaze Diesel VX (MT). Narrowed down on the options

a) Santro - Sportz (AMT) . Getting a 45K discount on 2020 manufactured (BS6) and 65K discount on 2019 manufactured (BS4)

b) Amaze V( CVT) BS4 2020 manufactured: Getting 2.75 lacs for my amaze as a trade in price which is higher than what other dealers offer. Along with 65K discount along with this and total effective net pay price is 6lacs onroad

Anyone in Delhi has heard or negotiated on a better deal than this ?
Old 15th January 2020, 11:28   #7603
BHPian

Reduced price of Duster AWD
krinpit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 12:55   #7604
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinpit View Post
Reduced price of Duster AWD
They should have gone ahead and cut the price to Rs.9.99 lakhs for the AWD, that would have meant an road price difference of 70k only on account of reduced road tax and TCS. The Duster AWD at 11.5 lakhs on road would have been a sweet deal and many (including me) would seriously consider it.
84.monsoon is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 20:07   #7605
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone looked at getting a decent price for Marrazo this month? Am in talks with a dealer for M8 8str and there are apparently no stocks from 2019. So a new one will be booked. The discounts are what Mahindra is offering on their site for January - 1.39lacs cash, 25k exchange bonus, 20k corporate i.e. 1.84lacs.
The dealer was talking about 2yrs / 1lac km std warranty with additional 3yrs/75k kms charged extra. Mahindra call center surprised me by saying for a limited period, they are offering 5yrs/1lac km warranty as standard!
Am now bargaining for more discount, 50k more on the old car valuation and accessories that picked worth about 12k. Sounds reasonable to me....anyone else has been in discussions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks