Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2020, 20:32   #7606
Distinguished - BHPian

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & D...

Any deals on the XUV300? I was expecting them to drop Ex-showroom prices to clear BSIV Diesel stock, as did Renault and VW. Many manufacturers are making variants previously priced over 10 lakhs marked down to just under 10 lakhs so that the vehicle falls into a lower road tax slab as well as escapes the TCS deposit.

XUV 300 variants were stupidly priced at launch, just over 10 lakhs instead of just under. Great opportunity for M&M to correct this by bringing the W8 currently priced at 10.9 lakhs and even the W8AMT priced around 11.5 lakhs just under 10 lakhs and boost speed of clearing stocks.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 19th January 2020 at 20:33.
Old 20th January 2020, 12:06   #7607
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

I was helping my buddy scout for BS4 stocks D segment Sedan or Softroader with Diesel AT last weekend, here are the updates:

Hyundai: No Tucson just one last piece red Elantra Diesel top end AT avl at their factory in Chennai, 22.5L OTR

VW: No Tiguan nor Passat avl, we dont have any products to offer, period!

Skoda: Got few stocks of Octy and Superb, limited color choices, minimal offers on Style or Onxy editions, but the L&K is being offered at the price of the base variants (good news Road tax on the reduced price)
AirWind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 14:43   #7608
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
I was helping my buddy scout for BS4 stocks D segment Sedan or Softroader with Diesel AT last weekend, here are the updates:

Hyundai: No Tucson just one last piece red Elantra Diesel top end AT avl at their factory in Chennai, 22.5L OTR

Skoda: Got few stocks of Octy and Superb, limited color choices, minimal offers on Style or Onxy editions, but the L&K is being offered at the price of the base variants (good news Road tax on the reduced price)
Would you mind sharing little more details on L&K variant discounts. I have already booked mine with a total discount of 1.4L (Skoda 90k, Loyalty 50k) but have a feeling it might be more. I am one of those guys who are absolutely rubbish in negotiation skills

I know Diesel TDI L&K models have more discounts, but wanted to know if petrol discounts are any better than what I quoted above.
Old 20th January 2020, 15:26   #7609

Quote:

Hi, I'm on the lookout in the same segment in Mumbai. My notes below :

Skoda : Been in touch with Mumbai dealer, was told earlier that stock was available for Onyx petrol but in a week's time it's no longer available, and giving a much higher price for diesel. Just wondering if it's just BS or they actually don't have anything.

Hyundai : 3L off on red diesel elantra SX(O) BS4 and 2L on diesel elantra SX BS6. Tucson available but not sure about discount.

VW : Passat out for a while, 2-3L discount on Tiguan

Audi : A3 diesel available at a few L discount, don't recall exact figure but in 2-4L range.
Old 20th January 2020, 16:53   #7610
BHPian

I believe the discounts are at the dealers' discretion on the stocks they have and perhaps limited stocks at the factory. So worth asking multiple dealers in your city.

The L&K's were being offered at the same ex-showroom as the basic models i.e., Octy Onyx and Superb Style - not sure which one you were interested? The local dealer didn't have any petrol models on offer, we weren't interested in them either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray View Post
Would you mind sharing little more details on L&K variant discounts. I have already booked mine with a total discount of 1.4L (Skoda 90k, Loyalty 50k) but have a feeling it might be more. I am one of those guys who are absolutely rubbish in negotiation skills

I know Diesel TDI L&K models have more discounts, but wanted to know if petrol discounts are any better than what I quoted above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidm View Post
Hi, I'm on the lookout in the same segment in Mumbai. My notes below :

Skoda : Been in touch with Mumbai dealer, was told earlier that stock was available for Onyx petrol but in a week's time it's no longer available, and giving a much higher price for diesel. Just wondering if it's just BS or they actually don't have anything.

Hyundai : 3L off on red diesel elantra SX(O) BS4 and 2L on diesel elantra SX BS6. Tucson available but not sure about discount.

VW : Passat out for a while, 2-3L discount on Tiguan

Audi : A3 diesel available at a few L discount, don't recall exact figure but in 2-4L range.
There wasn't a BS6 Elantra diesel, the facelifted Elantra BS6 is only available in Petrol.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 20th January 2020 at 18:19. Reason: Typos.
AirWind is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 17:02   #7611
BHPian

Quote:
The L&K's were being offered at the same ex-showroom as the basic models i.e., Octy Onyx and Superb Style - not sure which one you were interested? The local dealer didn't have any petrol models on offer, we weren't interested in them either!
Thanks for the quick reply. I was looking for Octavia L&K petrol models. Based on what you said, it seems these high discounts are only available for Diesel models (understandably due to BS6), as the petrol model seems to be almost out of stock now.

That makes me more comfortable knowing that the discount I am getting is for petrol Octavia L&K is not too bad.
Old 20th January 2020, 17:14   #7612

Quote:
I believe the discounts are at the dealers' discretion on the stocks they have and perhaps limited stocks at the factory. So worth asking multiple dealers in your city.

There wasn't a BS6 Elantra diesel, the facelifted Elantra BS6 is only available in Petrol.
My bad, it was Elantra BS6 petrol not diesel.Surprised they're giving a new model at 2L discount.

Skoda folks reached out to me again, now saying they can make petrol available if I arrange for the booking amount asap, confirming my doubts about it being BS.

Just want to confirm, they offered you Octy L&K diesel at the same price as Onyx? That's like a 4L discount!

I am meeting Hyundai and Skoda tomorrow, might make a final call. The gap between the Octy Onyx and the next level (Superb/A3/Tiguan. Not interested in a bulky SUV.) is a bit too high in my opinion and may not get breached sufficiently enough to become viable for me.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 20th January 2020 at 18:19. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 20th January 2020, 19:48   #7613
BHPian

I am also in the market for a Tiguan or Superb Petrol. Disappointed with X1 for our needs.

Hardly any Tiguan left and the fact that its Diesel and will be discontinued, has made Superb Petrol our primary choice.

Negotiation is ongoing.
Old 21st January 2020, 08:28   #7614
BHPian

Yes we got an offer of Octy and Superb, both Diesel in their L&K trims at the cost of their base trims Onxy and Style as in the pricelist. Note, there are offers on the base trims too... but not as attractive as the L&K's. So we were debating btwn Octy L&K and Superb Style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidm View Post
My bad, it was Elantra BS6 petrol not diesel.Surprised they're giving a new model at 2L discount.

Skoda folks reached out to me again, now saying they can make petrol available if I arrange for the booking amount asap, confirming my doubts about it being BS.

Just want to confirm, they offered you Octy L&K diesel at the same price as Onyx? That's like a 4L discount!

I am meeting Hyundai and Skoda tomorrow, might make a final call. The gap between the Octy Onyx and the next level (Superb/A3/Tiguan. Not interested in a bulky SUV.) is a bit too high in my opinion and may not get breached sufficiently enough to become viable for me.

Last edited by AirWind : 21st January 2020 at 08:35. Reason: Added further notes
AirWind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 10:45   #7615
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes we got an offer of Octy and Superb, both Diesel in their L&K trims at the cost of their base trims Onxy and Style as in the pricelist. Note, there are offers on the base trims too... but not as attractive as the L&K's. So we were debating btwn Octy L&K and Superb Style.
Superb Style any day! Octy is at the end of its life cycle and though it still looks good due to its simplicity, it is starting to show its age. Superb has a more powerful 178 PS engine (compared to 140 PS on the Octy) and is a sharp and still fresh design that turns heads even now.
Old 21st January 2020, 12:16   #7616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Superb Style any day! Octy is at the end of its life cycle and though it still looks good due to its simplicity, it is starting to show its age. Superb has a more powerful 178 PS engine (compared to 140 PS on the Octy) and is a sharp and still fresh design that turns heads even now.
Octavia 1.8 TSI (which is only available in the Onyx and L&K mode) is also 178 PS and actually quicker than Superb due to slightly smaller size.

Agree on the design front though the Style version of Superb misses out on some of the Octavia L&K features such as Virtual cockpit, Ambient lighting, Canton sound system, Hands-free parking etc.
Kray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 18:09   #7617
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray View Post
Octavia 1.8 TSI (which is only available in the Onyx and L&K mode) is also 178 PS and actually quicker than Superb due to slightly smaller size.

Agree on the design front though the Style version of Superb misses out on some of the Octavia L&K features such as Virtual cockpit, Ambient lighting, Canton sound system, Hands-free parking etc.
but the superb gets umbrellas. That straightaway takes the "wow, you've got this in your car?" factor to the stratosphere
venkyhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 18:39   #7618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
But the superb gets umbrellas. That straightaway takes the "wow, you've got this in your car?" factor to the stratosphere
Cant beat "Umbrellas" in a car, that's why Skoda is adding that feature in next gen Octavia too .

BTW, I realized the above discussion was for diesel models only - so for that Superb engine is definitely miles ahead of Octavia.
Old 26th January 2020, 22:56   #7619
BHPian

I hope this is the relevant thread for this, if not, Mods please move to the right section.

I have a feeling Kia is playing the age old card Apple used to play about creating artificial demand. We booked a Seltos (1.5 IVT) on the 7th of January with Sparsh Motors, Shivaji Marg, New Delhi. The car was my wife's first self bought car so it was a pretty special occasion. We wanted delivery on the 21st of March, one would think 10 weeks is a long enough time but the SA was extremely uptight about not committing anything less than 3 months, despite me stressing we are not trying to low ball but 2.5 months is adequate time. He kept on insisting don't even mention any concessions since the car is the best car India has seen in long time and is on extensive waiting and what not. Anyhow, we get a call 3 days later saying vehicle has been allotted and will be here in the next 3 days! We took delivery on the 24th of January, could have taken it about 5 days earlier but our loan and insurance both were done externally thus the extra 5 days co-ordinating between different parties. The SA anyhow was very disappointed in us not taking the Accessory package, Insurance or the loan from them, which I found slightly offensive. For someone shelling out 16 big ones, last thing you want is to be looked down upon.
I checked the VIN as well, the vehicle was made on 27th December. We chose the Gravity Grey which isn't the most popular of colors either. I also met a couple who was taking the delivery in under 20 days of booking the car. So for any of you rushing your decision to book a Seltos, please double check with the dealership the realistic waiting time.
Karan_n8 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th January 2020, 23:19   #7620
BHPian

It seems the sales of Kia Seltos (including exports) have dropped significantly this month. That may be the reason for quick delivery.

Last edited by Vians : 26th January 2020 at 23:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks