Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2020, 16:19   #7651
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Anyone got a Jeep Compass Limited Plus 4x4 Dec 2019 quote recently. This the BS4 manual version.

Dealer is offering 1. 3 L cash discount. On road in Bangalore is working out to 27.44 L.

Is this worth considering.
Negotiate with the dealer to get discount increased to about 2 lacs. Then it will be a great buy. The one reason to go Compass is that it has got a soul and feel plus a certain character which Tucson lacks. Drive both as Tucson is also available with good discounts . Then go ahead with what your heart says. Mind you Tucson doesn't sell even one third of Compass. Compass makes sense only if you don't compare it with a segment lower vehicles.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 15th February 2020 at 16:45. Reason: Typo (Tucson, not Tuscon).
Old 15th February 2020, 19:34   #7652
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafalkon View Post
Any idea if we can expect more last minute discounts on the unsold bs4 cars.

What would be the fate of the unsold bs4 cars at the dealerships ? Can someone their some light. TIA.
The dealers will get the unsold cars registered in their name and sell it with even higher discounts. Only thing being if you buy those cars , you will be the second owner.
Old 15th February 2020, 20:12   #7653
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone got a Jeep Compass Limited Plus 4x4 Dec 2019 quote recently. This the BS4 manual version.

Dealer is offering 1. 3 L cash discount. On road in Bangalore is working out to 27.44 L.

Is this worth considering.
In Mumbai, I got an offer from a Jeep dealer for. 1.76 lac discount on the Limited Plus petrol auto BS4.
Old 15th February 2020, 22:34   #7654
BHPian

They will probably offer a bit more discount on the Compass by mid March I reckon,I recently saw an Advert in the TOI, for the alturas at 4 lac discount, if stocks spillover to mid March, dealers might off load their inventory at much better discounts.
Old 16th February 2020, 08:25   #7655

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake View Post
The dealers will get the unsold cars registered in their name and sell it with even higher discounts. Only thing being if you buy those cars , you will be the second owner.
That would be really great for buyers, provided they have some unsold stock.

Any idea or rough estimate of percentage of discounts which we can expect, from past experiences.
Old 16th February 2020, 09:26   #7656
Senior - BHPian

Dealers are not stocking cars at all. They order it from the factory when they get a confirmed order. Especially for the slow moving and expensive cars.
Old 16th February 2020, 11:49   #7657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafalkon View Post
That would be really great for buyers, provided they have some unsold stock.

Any idea or rough estimate of percentage of discounts which we can expect, from past experiences.
You can expect discounts around 20 to 25 percent.
But also remember that you will be the second owner if you buy those cars and resale value will take a hit if you sell those later on.

All these discounts are subject to availability. If the particular dealer sells out all the cars before deadline, then you are out of luck.
Old 16th February 2020, 12:47   #7658
Senior - BHPian

Seeing a lot of offers for leasing cars from various lease service providers. It appears to avoid the negative brand image that is created by deep discounts, manufacturers are striking deals with leasing providers to offload vehicles in bulk to them at a deep discount.

This way they get rid of BS4 stocks ahead of time and the end-customer doesn't see big discounts at dealerships.

This is the strategy formulated after learnings from the last time an emissions regulation change kicked in.

I am seeing offers on luxury cars, budget cars as well as newer EVs as well like Nexon EV. Cars are available in commercial registration as well as private registration (private white plate is a higher lease amount).

For example - TorqueX is offering leasing plans for several vehicles. I looked at it but decided to wait and see if any discounts hit the showrooms towards mid-march. Dealers cannot afford to flirt around till the end of March because RTOs have been instructed to NOT register BS4 vehicles with a strict deadline. The dealers will try to offload well in advance to avoid this scenario.

Question is, will dealers even have cars to offload if leasing providers grab whatever stocks are pending?

Interesting times for the thieves among us but it is still better to wait and watch until March 15.
gsferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2020, 17:52   #7659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dealers are not stocking cars at all. They order it from the factory when they get a confirmed order. Especially for the slow moving and expensive cars.
Agree..I doubt there would be a fire sale kind of scenario this time except for a very few manufacturers / models. For most manufacturers, the challenge this time is having BS6 products from 1st April and not so much selling out the BS4 stock.
My Marazzo was a BS4 but order was placed when I booked it in Jan'20.
Nilesh5417 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2020, 18:52   #7660

Getting a Jeep Compass diesel manual 4*2 Limited Plus BS4 at 50k discount on ex showroom. The dealer won’t budge any further.

Need to make a call in the next few hours. Last car probably. Have given booking amount. Please advise.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 16th February 2020 at 22:24. Reason: Typo.
Old 16th February 2020, 21:48   #7661
BHPian

50K discount for BS4 does not makes sense in Feb-March. Please buy only BS6 now. Why to get outdated one only for very little discount? Remember that resale value will dip significantly more for any BS4 car.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 16th February 2020 at 22:25. Reason: Fixed typos. Please do not use SMS language ('plz' etc.) in posts.
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2020, 22:36   #7662

Few points:

BS6 is 1.25 lakh expensive than BS4 and add 0.5 to it so that becomes 1.75 lakh;

Jeep Compass Limited plus never had any discount in it’s life cycle (except for insurance discounts maybe);

Not too concerned about resale as I am picking this over Innova and plan to keep it for 8-10 years;

Colour of choice is available, based on discussions this is probably the last car in stock so dealer has no incentive to sell it at a discount.

Would you still recommend to wait for BS6 ?more so as Limited variant is being discontinued so I might have to settle for Longitude at same price or spend way more.
Old 17th February 2020, 20:49   #7663
BHPian

I spoke to a couple of BMW Dealers today, both of them confirmed that they have BS4 520d's available in multiple color options. It would be worth trying to get a good deal by Early/Mid March considering the stocks last! One SA was willing to offer me a great value for my F10 + exchange benefits + Rs XXXX worth of accessories
Old 17th February 2020, 22:05   #7664

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaydh View Post
I spoke to a couple of BMW Dealers today, both of them confirmed that they have BS4 520d's available in multiple color options. It would be worth trying to get a good deal by Early/Mid March considering the stocks last! One SA was willing to offer me a great value for my F10 + exchange benefits + Rs XXXX worth of accessories
I am in touch with Gurgaon dealer as well. Hoping to see some good discounts by mid March. Looking for 520d or 330i. He said strictly no discounts on 330i as of now

What did they offer you for your f10? Which year is it? Please share the details as I've a friend who is looking for pre loved f10
vj1303 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 22:58   #7665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaydh View Post
I spoke to a couple of BMW Dealers today.. my F10 + exchange benefits + Rs XXXX worth of accessories
no offence. but please try to share the exact details of the offer you get on this Team Bhp forum as it helps others also in their negotiations and getting a fair idea of the current deals so they can negotiate better. Thanks.
M00M is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks