Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2020, 13:11   #7906
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

https://www.olx.in/item/skoda-karoq-...iid-1582245161

I don't know if the dealer mistakenly wrote the price as 23.99 lacs or they are offering 1 Lac discount on the Karoq apart from exchange and corporate bonus.

If anybody is looking for Karoq in Delhi-NCR this is a great deal if its true.
sv97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 13:40   #7907
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
https://www.olx.in/item/skoda-karoq-...iid-1582245161

I don't know if the dealer mistakenly wrote the price as 23.99 lacs or they are offering 1 Lac discount on the Karoq apart from exchange and corporate bonus.

If anybody is looking for Karoq in Delhi-NCR this is a great deal if its true.
May be it is BS4 stock which means registered in dealers' name.

Last edited by Sheel : 8th August 2020 at 10:29. Reason: Please capitalize and punctuate wherever necessary. Thank You.
Old 23rd July 2020, 14:33   #7908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishy View Post
May be it is BS4 stock which means registered in dealers' name.
Karoq has been BS 6 since launch cannot be BS 4 stock

Last edited by Sheel : 8th August 2020 at 10:29. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 26th July 2020, 00:51   #7909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen2001 View Post
Yes. I countered Hyundai insurance with an external quote with all their add-ons at just over half their price.
Sales tried their manipulative threats of not being able to manage cashless claims of non "tie-up" insurance and that I will have to do all the work in such cases.
Wrote to HMIL and told the dealer sales head that I simply won't buy his 20L car of he's more interested in overselling insurance. Period.
One week later, same in house Hyundai insurance at 30k discount. Thanks to team bhp
I'm getting a 16K cash discount on the Creta, conditional to me opting in for Insurance through the dealership. Is it worth sourcing the insurance externally? I don't think the discount would be more than 15-20K.

Did you manage to get any discounts on the Creta?
Old 2nd August 2020, 18:16   #7910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrealistic View Post
I'm getting a 16K cash discount on the Creta, conditional to me opting in for Insurance through the dealership. Is it worth sourcing the insurance externally? I don't think the discount would be more than 15-20K.

Did you manage to get any discounts on the Creta?
Hard negotiations with the sales manager (along with their in house insurance sales) led them to offer their own Tata AIG insurance (with same benefits/add-ons) at 62k (as compared to 92k as per their Creta price list). In addition the TCS component was reduced from 1% to 0.75%, which is another 4300. So I guess the total "discount" they "offered" was approx 35k.
I told them I'd think about it, and also reminded them that this was what I had earned myself by being well informed about insurance, and they were not doing me any favour by labelling it as a discount. I walked out stating my final offer of exact 20L all inclusive. (NCB and trade in value of old car to be refunded later). Next day, there was the announcement of a strict 10 day lockdown, and this unpredictable cycle has led to me postpone the purchase in July. The sales guy keeps calling though everyday, so called 55000 Creta bookings notwithstanding.
I'm letting then sweat it out for now. I'll post the hand-edited price chart soon.
Zen2001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 19:59   #7911
BHPian

Quote:
In addition the TCS component was reduced from 1% to 0.75%, which is another 4300. So I guess the total "discount" they "offered" was approx 35k.
Just an fyi, TCS is the Tax collected at source and this percentage is mandated by the govt of India. This is probably to tag the high value purchase with your pan number
Since may 2020, it has been revised to 0.75% of the ex-showroom instead of 1%.
So, this is not a discount. This is the exact amount that you are supposed to pay
7000plusrpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 22:57   #7912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7000plusrpm View Post
Just an fyi, TCS is the Tax collected at source and this percentage is mandated by the govt of India. This is probably to tag the high value purchase with your pan number
Since may 2020, it has been revised to 0.75% of the ex-showroom instead of 1%.
So, this is not a discount. This is the exact amount that you are supposed to pay
Yes, I am aware. Anyway the same (1% or 0.75%) gets credited towards my tax paid amount, so that's not the issue. The issue is the craftiness/audacity to imply that 0.75% instead of 1% translates to a 0.25% discount!
Zen2001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 23:33   #7913
BHPian

Quote:
The issue is the craftiness/audacity to imply that 0.75% instead of 1% translates to a 0.25% discount!
Exactly! That's what I had faced too.
I had confronted the SA and he was cheeky enough to tell me, we offer this as a discount to many customers!
Old 5th August 2020, 19:44   #7914
Senior - BHPian

Honda monsoon offer is now updated;

Civic Petrol gets a 1 lac cash discount and Diesel gets 2.5 lac cash discount
City ZX CVT now has an updated offer of Rs 110,000 off as cash discount
Amaze now comes with 4th and 5th year extended warranty worth Rs. 12,000

Source
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 23:50   #7915

Any chances for price negotiation on Kia Seltos?Anyone successful recently,a friend is looking to negotiate a deal,the dealer is not nudging even a bit.He has booked a 1.5 D HTK+.Without Insurance,without extended warranty,without basic kit,quoted price is @ INR 14,71,868/- in Chennai.

The registration charges,fees etc are all near exactly charged as per the regulatory and statutory slabs.Might there be a difference of 300-500 rupees ,nothing more than that or no difference.
Old 8th August 2020, 10:07   #7916
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlesspoetry View Post
Any chances for price negotiation on Kia Seltos?Anyone successful recently,a friend is looking to negotiate a deal,the dealer is not nudging even a bit.
Discount is offered for an item that it not moving. Simple economics. Do not expect any from Kia on the Seltos or for that matter any car maker selling a vehicle in demand. You can possibly save on Insurance amount by taking a quote from outside.
Old 8th August 2020, 10:38   #7917
BHPian

Any discounts available on Ecosport? Dealer is quoting 7,000/- exchange bonus and 5,000/- corporate discount. Additionally agreed for 15,000/- discount on insurance when I rejected their insurance and opted for external insurance.
Old 8th August 2020, 10:51   #7918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Any discounts available on Ecosport? Dealer is quoting 7,000/- exchange bonus and 5,000/- corporate discount. Additionally agreed for 15,000/- discount on insurance when I rejected their insurance and opted for external insurance.
I had got a quote with 30k discount on the ex-showroom price on the Ecosport Sport TDCi. The SA gave about 20k discount without any negotiation. The location is Kolkata.
A friend in Bangalore took delivery of the Ecosport Sports Dragon manual this Wednesday. He got 20k off on the ex-showroom.
In both the cases, no exchange was involved.
Hope this helps!
7000plusrpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 14:23   #7919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlesspoetry View Post
Any chances for price negotiation on Kia Seltos?
I have found that in India, the prices are very strictly controlled by the manufacturer. I have not been able to get any dealer to move much on price unless there is an offer from the manufacturer. I am guessing that the margins are slim on cars under 12-14 lakhs.
Old 10th August 2020, 02:39   #7920

I think, it is mostly due to the mindset of the Indian Consumers. We bargain a lot but we don't negotiate. And also, the sales reps who don't understand the pain of the interest rates and other costs of a dealer. Most cases, the dealer themselves doesn't try to understand their interest and other cost. Instead of paying the interest to the banks, they could pass on the benefits to us upfront when we are up and ready with cash.

A little bit of time to understand how a business works would help in negotiating. As I see, in this case of Seltos, it is widely believed that it is a hot cake and there is a huge demand. But it doesn't look so at least for the last two months. My friend booked a vehicle and it was available for delivery immediately. The dealer's sales team puts it as an great lucky opportunity to us, but every day the vehicle sales gets delayed, the dealer is bleeding on interest which should be easily around 10k-15k per month for a vehicle priced @15 lakhs. There are a lot of vehicles parked there, at least 30-40 unsold due to customers financial delays, still these people aren't nudging. The sales guy to the branch heads speaks like a puppet and not equipped to think, it’s sheer stupidity. The dealer isn't benefiting and the consumer isn't benefiting too, it all goes to the banks. I had asked my friend not to take the vehicle if they don't reduce If it really sells like a hot cake, let them sell it to people who are in queue and let's wait for the designated waiting time, we have got nothing to lose, the loss is for them, even if it will be in few hundreds.

We are not just buying the vehicle, we are giving them the required capital to run their business too. Most models are available for delivery in a day or two against the prevailing popular demand logic and still they aren't nudging! Let's see!

Last edited by vb-saan : 10th August 2020 at 07:39. Reason: Spacing and punctuation
endlesspoetry is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks