Old 13th July 2011, 17:45   #781

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

I am happy I didn't go into the dealership as soon as the cuts were announced. I would have definitely gone and impulse bought a Jazz for sure.

Now that everything's settled in my mind and stomach , I don't think I am gonna buy one.

Its a good city car but not an automatic that I really want for wifey.

Plus, I was just reading thru an article and I really don't know whether buying petrol makes any sense now. The petrol diesel differential is too high and even a smallish 700km + monthly usage sufficiently justifies a diesel.

So finally the Jazz would not really suit my daily office travel nor for my wifey.

Old 13th July 2011, 19:47   #782

Thanks team for your inputs, no wait.
Extremely valuable inputs!
for now i have put the buying decision off.
Wife was not too happy about it anyways.
But i must say a silver jazz in the parking lot today surely tempted me. And ofcourse that red jazz my parents neighbours just brought home, looks delicious with those upgraded honda alloys.
Will mdsaab fall prey to temptation? Only time will tell. But with you guys by my side, the mind will probably take over. Thanks again team.

Edit : 6.52 lakhs OTR! (biting my knuckles)

Last edited by mdsaab : 13th July 2011 at 19:48.
Old 13th July 2011, 20:52   #783

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Thanks team for your inputs, no wait.
Extremely valuable inputs!
for now i have put the buying decision off.
Wife was not too happy about it anyways.
But i must say a silver jazz in the parking lot today surely tempted me. And ofcourse that red jazz my parents neighbours just brought home, looks delicious with those upgraded honda alloys.
Will mdsaab fall prey to temptation? Only time will tell. But with you guys by my side, the mind will probably take over. Thanks again team.

Edit : 6.52 lakhs OTR! (biting my knuckles)
I know it's a very tempting offer, mdsaab!

Even I stayed awake for almost half of the night two nights ago when I heard about the Cash Discount. It was very, very, very difficult to hold on to the temptation to rush to the Honda dealer...don't I know it!

As they say, good things come to those that wait. Let's hope good things are in store for us. Fingers crossed!
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 22:29   #784

Along with this stock clearance price cut on Jazz , the Honda City is also being offered at big discount. After the recent price cut of 66000 Rs (45000 in case of SMT), further discount has been offered to me that is 50K here in Delhi.

Is anyone aware of a better deal being offered in NCR ?
I am sure that by the end of this year the present Honda City could be selling at discounts of close to 1 lac.

Also, just met one of the dealer guys who confirmed that new face-lifted JAZZ will be launched in August at close to the same present discounted price. This will be followed by launch of BRIO in the month of September and by year end the face-lifted Honda City.
wingsoffires is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 07:03   #785

Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I know it's a very tempting offer, mdsaab!

Even I stayed awake for almost half of the night two nights ago when I heard about the Cash Discount. It was very, very, very difficult to hold on to the temptation to rush to the Honda dealer...don't I know it!

As they say, good things come to those that wait. Let's hope good things are in store for us. Fingers crossed!
You too!?! it was only last night that i got some sleep.
I certainly hope good things are in store for us. and since this purchase can surely wait as it's not an urgent one. Let's hope for the best.

Originally Posted by wingsoffires View Post
Along with this stock clearance price cut on Jazz , the Honda City is also being offered at big discount. After the recent price cut of 66000 Rs (45000 in case of SMT), further discount has been offered to me that is 50K here in Delhi.

I am sure that by the end of this year the present Honda City could be selling at discounts of close to 1 lac.

Also, just met one of the dealer guys who confirmed that new face-lifted JAZZ will be launched in August at close to the same present discounted price. This will be followed by launch of BRIO in the month of September and by year end the face-lifted Honda City.
That's a fantastic offer on the City. a further 50K would be a dream come true for many. RavenAvi here's our clarification of good things, the Jazz FL as early as next month. Brio in Sept, would love to check that out too.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 11:33   #786

Just thought of posting the thread of all discount.

Honda, Maruti, Hyundai offer discounts & freebies to spur car sales - The Economic Times
Sowmya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 14:23   #787

Originally Posted by wingsoffires View Post

Not in the NCR, but I did see an ad in Bombay today for around further 60k off.

So I guess you may get a bit more on haggling.

Old 14th July 2011, 15:40   #788

Since last couple of months, my family is contemplating to buy a new car. We visited Magnum Honda on Sunday before price cuts and got a quote for Jazz at 8.3 lacs. Monday got a shock when SA told me its available for 7.5 lacs. Thought for a night and was ready with advance cheque on Tuesday, guess what.. NO STOCK. I dont think any dealer in Bangalore is taking booking for Jazz, surely not Magnum and Dakshin.

Had a chat with SA today and he asked me whether Iam interested in silver. Iam sure he is bluffing as he is damn sure that I wont settle for this color. I had made it clear on Sunday to him that if not black, its red and no further compromise.

His update is by July 25th a facelifted/ uplifted model will be available and will be priced in the range of 7.8 OTR Bangalore. Let's see what is in store by Honda.
Old 15th July 2011, 07:44   #789

I am sure you must have read our posts below.
but here is a summary.
Jazz price cut was pushed further down to 6.52L OTR for Select variant.
Only 3 colours available
1. White
2. Silver
3. Red

But now as the team has pointed out, i think it's wise to wait for the facelift model as it is slated for launch hardly a few weeks away.
Old 15th July 2011, 08:04   #790

But now as the team has pointed out, i think it's wise to wait for the facelift model as it is slated for launch hardly a few weeks away.
There has been constant discussion about the "facelift"; any idea what it entails? As in, purely cosmetic or some other design changes too? I'm wondering because nobody has spotted any model of Jazz being road tested.
Old 15th July 2011, 08:13   #791

Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
There has been constant discussion about the "facelift"; any idea what it entails? As in, purely cosmetic or some other design changes too? I'm wondering because nobody has spotted any model of Jazz being road tested.
From what i remember reading on Team-BHP itself.
Blue instrumentation lighting.
there was ACC
Revised Bumpers.
New headlights as well as tail lights.
Some of these may not make it to the Indian version
But most changes were purely cosmetic.
IMHO the tail lights on the newer jazz look much better than the current ones.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 08:19   #792

there was ACC
Ah, no wonder.
The whole facelift has been a sudden development; surprising how there were no leaks about the info at all!

And ACC for Jazz?! There are going to be a LOT of pissed City customers!
Old 15th July 2011, 08:34   #793

Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
And ACC for Jazz?! There are going to be a LOT of pissed City customers!
Well, I think the customers will be even more happy if the price remain same (with or without ACC).
Maybe even the City will get it along with the rumored facelift (was it around Diwali?)
Old 15th July 2011, 08:37   #794

Well, I think the customers will be even more happy if the price remain same (with or without ACC).
Maybe even the City will get it along with the rumored facelift (was it around Diwali?)
To borrow from the Jazz facelift thread, someone has mentioned that it will be around 8lakhs OTR; though there is no official/confirmed news.

About the City facelift, I'm bored of discussing that now! It is all speculation as of now!
Old 15th July 2011, 08:49   #795

Bought a Wagon R Lxi CNG Recently. Got the following discounts
Maruti Discount - 12100
Dealer Discount - 5400(including corp discount)
Scratch card - Gold voucher worth 5000K(purely on luck )

I believe you will get additional 1K - 2K discounts on the petrol version. This is in NCR.