Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2020, 09:22   #7966
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

How well do the Dussehra/Diwali discounts work out? I am considering buying a car and wanted to know what’s deals or discounts I can expect during the festivals?

I realise this year is a lil different that before (the unees-bees ka farak).

I’m trying to find out what is generally offered by dealers on new buys. Is it a Straight up discount (Best case scenario) , or a deal (the gold coin sort of offer), extended warranty?

What has been your experience in buying a new car during the Diwali/Dussehra festival season?
Old 23rd September 2020, 09:24   #7967
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
That wouldn't help if I don't know what is the regular on road in Bangalore.
What is the discount offered?

My friend has already been offered 53.5 On road dehradun but that's a discount of 7.5L here.
I checked again with sales rep and they can do 63.5L so a discount of 3.5 L
shubhamAT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 15:24   #7968
BHPian

Bangalore dealers have 220d Progressive "C" class 2019 manufactured BS6 version available. Dealer confirmed it is not test drive car but probably display car. I am yet to see the car in-person but before I go wanted to get inputs from other members here on what should be the right price for this.

My thought was not to do anything more than 50L on road which will translate to a discount of ~10 lacs. Am I greedy
Old 26th September 2020, 18:15   #7969
BHPian

I'm being offered a single tone Tiago XZA+ OTR Mumbai at 7.44.
Any opinions about this offer?

I asked the SA about any upcoming diwali offers he says the offer given has around 40k discount and that for the next two months atleast this will be the best price.

@Mods, cross posted in the Tiago thread as well. Pls delete as appropriate.
Old 26th September 2020, 22:00   #7970
Senior - BHPian

Got this SMS from BMW Pune dealer
Quote:
This year Own the X1 at an EMI Starting at 42,111*per month.
#JUSTCANTWAIT
- EMI of INR 42,111*
- Additional corporate benefits up to INR 1,00,000*
- Additional trade in benefits of INR 75,000*
- Service and repair for 5 years @ INR 15,000/- per year*
Annual Bullet scheme* T&C Apply* Call BMW Bavaria Motors at 9922971129 or to know more. https://wa.me/+919922971129
-BJ
Old 26th September 2020, 23:04   #7971

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavsureka View Post
Guys you might save 50,000 on the Hector but don't forget the Lakhs that you're paying to a Chinese state owned company.

Anything MG says should be taken with a pinch of salt.
I disagree with you. We need to dehypenate things. MG Motors has already invested ₹3000 crores (buying the GM plant) and are further investing ₹1000 crores. They provide employment to thousands of Indians and are building a competitive ecosystem for cars. We should be happy that they are trying to provide the best value for money products. On a different note, even some of the biggest startups in India like Paytm, BYJUs have a significant Chinese investment(Tencent/Alibaba) , so do we boycott them as well?

Last edited by Sheel : 27th September 2020 at 12:29. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
mopy95 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 03:13   #7972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopy95 View Post
I disagree with you. We need to dehypenate things. MG Motors has already invested ₹3000 crores (buying the GM plant) and are further investing ₹1000 crores. They provide employment to thousands of Indians and are building a competitive ecosystem for cars. We should be happy that they are trying to provide the best value for money products. On a different note, even some of the biggest startups in India like Paytm, BYJUs have a significant Chinese investment(Tencent/Alibaba) , so do we boycott them as well?
I know the level of localisation they have done. It still remains a Chinese state owned company and I have made dozens of people switch to other cars like the seltos or the harrier when they ask me for advice.

Big chunk of the profit goes to our enemy and I will no matter what agree to it unless proven otherwise. Please enlighten me

It's a typical Chinese "gadget"
Fyi I use BHIM upi and not Chinese funded Paytm

Last edited by Aditya : 27th September 2020 at 16:43. Reason: Quote tag fixed
abhinavsureka is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 06:51   #7973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavsureka View Post
I know the level of localisation they have done. It still remains a Chinese state owned company and I have made dozens of people switch to other cars like the seltos or the harrier when they ask me for advice.

Big chunk of the profit goes to our enemy and I will no matter what agree to it unless proven otherwise. Please enlighten me

It's a typical Chinese "gadget"
Fyi I use BHIM upi and not Chinese funded Paytm
Tata benefits from selling JLR vehicles in China. They do this via a JV with Chery Automobiles. They sold over 33000 vehicles last year. And just over 4000 vehicles in the month of August 2020.

Mahindra bought 80% stake in Jianling Tractors back in 2004 and according to Wikipedia, they have a factory in China as well. Should these guys let go of whatever profit they make out of China?

Well, there is another thread to discuss this particular issue: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...inese-car.html (Is it unpatriotic to buy a Chinese car?)

Please voice your opinion there and let this thread be about what it is.

Last edited by Aditya : 27th September 2020 at 16:44. Reason: Quote tag fixed
creative420 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 11:02   #7974
BHPian

Guys, all of you, take a chill pill. This thread is about prices of new cars, and get benefit from each other's information.

Lets not get into whether to buy Chinese stuff or not, leave that to individual's discretion.

Everyone, please focus on new cars' prices. Its okay to remain silent if you don't have information about new car prices. Silence is better than adding fuel to unnecessary fire.

@mods -- Pretty please, block anyone who try to derail the discussion and remove irrelevant posts, including this.

Last edited by ramki.grandhi : 27th September 2020 at 11:10.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 11:42   #7975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Guys, all of you, take a chill pill.

@mods -- Pretty please, block anyone who try to derail the discussion and remove irrelevant posts, including this.
Everyone needs to relax and calm down. While i completely agree with the sentiment that we should stop purchasing chinese origin products which include MG cars as its no more a British company its a chinese company with everything done in china. So the argument thats its providing lacs of investment is a redundant one. Anyways, i think ramki you also need to calm down and not go about demanding that the mods block people who try to voice their patriotic opinions on this forum as they have a right to speak their mind the same way you do.

Anyways, Anybody who is interested there is a 11 lac discount going on the BMW X4. Theyre trying to push the stocks of the X4 - 30d so you could get upto 11 lacs off. Sounds like a good deal for anyone who is interested in it.
M00M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 12:03   #7976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Anyways, i think ramki you also need to calm down and not go about demanding that the mods block people who try to voice their patriotic opinions on this forum as they have a right to speak their mind the same way you do.
Moom, Looks like you failed to understand that my post was a "request", not a demand. That's why I added "pretty please", "delete irrelevant posts including this". Its unfortunate that it appears like a demand to you and i need to calm down. Not just in this context, in general, I'm calm like serene lake.

Infact I'm so calm that i don't even like diesel clatter or turbo petrol whistle, i'm purely petrol NA type of petrolhead.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 16:47   #7977
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Please stick to the topic of the thread. Any more off-topic posts will be deleted.
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 20:04   #7978
BHPian

Tata Harrier - Tata offering 25K discount on some variants. In addition Dealers are offering 75K discount. So approx 1 lakh off Harrier OTR. This is in Mumbai.

Any better deals available on Harrier? Targeting the top end variants XZA+ or XZ+
Old 29th September 2020, 08:20   #7979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1972 View Post
Bangalore dealers have 220d Progressive "C" class 2019 manufactured BS6 version available. Dealer confirmed it is not test drive car but probably display car. I am yet to see the car in-person but before I go wanted to get inputs from other members here on what should be the right price for this.

My thought was not to do anything more than 50L on road which will translate to a discount of ~10 lacs. Am I greedy
10 lacs would be asking for too much unless if they are giving away additional discounts in covid to move the stocks.

I picked up c220d last year and I could squeeze in around 8 lacs. Mine was not a display car, so there may be a chance.

All the best its a good choice and they have added quite a few additions in this model and bumped up the price as well a bit.

Best of luck

Last edited by manson : 29th September 2020 at 17:01. Reason: Typo.
Puneet0051 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 13:00   #7980
BHPian

Any idea of how rate increases are applied to customers who've booked their cars prior to the rate increase? I've booked a Creta on 20 Sep and Hyundai is increasing their rates on 1st Oct.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks