Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2020, 19:51   #7996
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Anyone know if there are any discounts on the Endeavour (Sport)?
Old 15th October 2020, 06:50   #7997
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

A friend recently picked up a 530i for a net discount of 8.5L. Brand new recent 2020 manufactured vehicle. Not a left over. Seems like a pretty good discount.
navpreet318 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 07:31   #7998
Distinguished - BHPian

An uncle of mine is looking forward to purchase a petrol Ecosport Titanium Plus in Patna. What are the discounts floating around in different cities? The Patna dealer is not telling anything. He says, book first then he'll tell other details.
Old 15th October 2020, 07:48   #7999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
An uncle of mine is looking forward to purchase a petrol Ecosport Titanium Plus in Patna. What are the discounts floating around in different cities? The Patna dealer is not telling anything. He says, book first then he'll tell other details.
Ah, a classic example of tier2 town car dealership drama. Google says there are two Ford dealers in Patna. Why don't you have your uncle approach the other one. Or use online car sales channel like Carwale. I've been doing some research for a car for my sister. I saw few offers on Carwale website. Called a dealer in Bhopal to confirm the offers. He did that and told me we can work out few more offers.
creative420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 08:14   #8000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Interesting. Here in Bangalore, when I had casually enquired for the Ecosport, at least 2 dealers called me promising substantial discounts in the range of 40-50 thousand INR, even without spending a minute of negotiating time. A bit of negotiations and I am sure a few thousands more can easily be eked out. Ford traditionally are not great at giving massive discounts, especially on the Ecosport since that is a steady seller. However, now with so many competent SUVs flooding the market, they might change their tune slightly.

However, no question of first being required to book and then being told about discounts or offers as your dealer has told you!
arindambasu13 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 00:59   #8001
BHPian

What offers are going on for honda wrv and jazz in Bangalore? Any info on extracting more discount will be much appreciated.
Old 17th October 2020, 05:01   #8002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
What offers are going on for honda wrv and jazz in Bangalore? Any info on extracting more discount will be much appreciated.
https://www.hondacarindia.com/offers

This is the minimum discount you can expect. The rest depends on your negotiating skills.
Old 17th October 2020, 10:32   #8003
Senior - BHPian

My BIL booked a Tata Harrier XZA+ Dark Edition, he got 40k as exchange bonus and 47k as discount. I checked with one of my contacts in Tata, he told me there is scope of around 10k more, didn't coax the dealership further as they are offering good value for the Alto & Cruze we are exchanging.
Old 18th October 2020, 08:59   #8004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Anyone know if there are any discounts on the Endeavour (Sport)?
A friend is picking up an Endeavour Sport in a few days and received a discount of about 80k in Gurgaon.
Old 18th October 2020, 09:05   #8005
Distinguished - BHPian

Any discounts on the X3 and GLC in Mumbai? Or should I wait till year end for the best deal?
Old 18th October 2020, 20:04   #8006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman-bh View Post
A friend is picking up an Endeavour Sport in a few days and received a discount of about 80k in Gurgaon.
Bhavna Ford in Mumbai says that all the Endy Sport models are backordered for 3-6 months now, no discounts...
Old 19th October 2020, 12:00   #8007
BHPian

Have a budget of INR 12 lacs on-road from my office for a new car.I am considering automatics only and want a fun to drive car with decent mileage. I think the Venue 1.0 DCT and Rapid Rider are mainly in contention for me.We already have a Seltos so not considering the Sonet.Any other suggestions guys.The Yaris J CVT is falling in my budget too.
Old 19th October 2020, 12:57   #8008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmt_b View Post
Have a budget of INR 12 lacs on-road from my office for a new car.I am considering automatics only and want a fun to drive car with decent mileage. I think the Venue 1.0 DCT and Rapid Rider are mainly in contention for me.We already have a Seltos so not considering the Sonet.Any other suggestions guys.The Yaris J CVT is falling in my budget too.
Yaris J-CVT Optional is a fantastic value and should cost you around 11 lakhs after discounts. The CVT is super smooth and will get you very good mileage. The space is more than enough and gives a premium feel. In my opinion this is much better value than Venue and Rapid.

However some missing features are steering mounted control, no fog lamps option, no HU, no auto door lock, keys and remote are separate units which might put you off. If you are in a strict budget then this is a real steal. But if you can stretch the budget by 2 more lakhs then you will get G CVT optional which gives you everything other than HU.
sou_3749 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 09:01   #8009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarwal_Aayush View Post
I guess the companies consider the date of delivery and not the date of booking.
When I booked my Baleno, I booked it in the month of Feb and delivered in June, there was a price increase of ~2-3k which I had to pay as the company considers the date of delivery for the price and not the booking date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
Any revision in price will apply to all the booked vehicles. Price of the car is always the price during delivery.
Would someone chip in with their experiences in reverse scenario. What happens when you booked, maybe even paid full amount and then there's a price reduction? Any first hand experience?
Also, in such a scenario, if a dealer refuses a lowered price and says that he'd charge the prices at the time of booking which were higher, how much would the booking reciept help which afaik has the clause of prices applicable at the time of delivery printed under terms and conditions.
Old 20th October 2020, 10:28   #8010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entsurgeon View Post
What happens when you booked, maybe even paid full amount and then there's a price reduction?
When you make the full payment, the dealer generally bills you the car to your liking or a car which they choose for you(if you don't tell them to go for a PDI).
If they bill you, then if the price increases or decreases they won't take that into consideration.

We went through this in 2014. We were in the market looking for a humble city car for my dad and zeroed in on Alto K10. At that time IIRC, there was a good discount running and we booked it at the same time paying the complete amount. We however, delayed the delivery of our vehicle due to some urgent work for which we had to go to our native place. The month changed and maruti increased the discount by ~5k, but they did not pass that discount to us saying that the car was billed previous month and at that time the price was X amount and the additional discounts are valid only for cars billed in the current month.

Hope this helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks