Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2020, 17:46   #8056
Senior - BHPian

Discounts of up to Rs. 2.5 lakh on BS6 Honda cars

Honda has announced year-end offers on its cars with discounts up to Rs. 2.5 lakh.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-city.jpg

Honda is offering cash discount, exchange benefits and extended warranty on all its BS6 models including the Jazz, Amaze, WR-V, City and Civic. The special benefits are also available on the Amaze Special Edition, Amaze Exclusive Edition and WR-V Exclusive Edition.

Honda is offering total benefits of up to Rs. 37,000 with cash discount of up to Rs. 15,000 as well as exchange benefit of up to Rs. 10,000 on the BS6 Amaze. Additionally, customers get extended warranty for 4th and 5th year worth Rs. 12,000.

Amaze Special Edition buyers can avail of benefits of up to Rs. 15,000 inclusive of Rs. 7,000 as cash benefit and exchange bonus of Rs. 15,000.

Total benefits of Rs. 27,000 are being offered on the Amaze Exclusive Edition. This includes cash discount of Rs. 12,000 and exchange bonus of Rs. 15,000.

Honda is offering benefits of up to Rs. 40,000 on the 2020 Jazz. These include a cash discount of Rs. 25,000 and exchange bonus of Rs. 15,000.

The WR-V is offered with benefits of up to Rs. 40,000 including cash discount of Rs. 25,000 and exchange bonus of Rs. 15,000. The cash discount and exchange bonus on the Exclusive Edition is Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 15,000 respectively.

Total benefits of Rs. 30,000 are being offered on the City. The maximum cash discount on the Civic petrol and diesel is Rs. 1 lakh and Rs. 2.5 lakh respectively.
TusharK is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 17:59   #8057
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Tata announced it's December offers.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-rangeoffersmobnovbanner.jpg
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 18:01   #8058
Distinguished - BHPian

Was offered close to ₹9L off on the 530i Sport by Mumbai dealer in November.
Hope they are able to do something better by December end / Jan.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 18:34   #8059
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Was offered close to ₹9L off on the 530i Sport by Mumbai dealer in November.
Hope they are able to do something better by December end / Jan.
Any idea when the 5 LCI is being launched here? If it is Q1 then there should be a double upside of either CY + LCI or maybe later FY + LCI ,

Good time to buy a 5. As Turbanator has pointed out elsewhere, it's not a huge 'LCI' apart from the headlights.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 19:34   #8060
BHPian

Re: Discounts of up to Rs. 2.5 lakh on BS6 Honda cars

Desperate time, desperate measures
peus017 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 19:45   #8061
Senior - BHPian

Surprising that there is no mention of the CRV. A vehicle which doesn't sell at all. It would sell of they gave atleast a 5L discount on the limited edition version.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 19:47   #8062
Senior - BHPian

Just a few years ago, it would be taboo to mention Honda and discounts in the same breath. How the times have changed!! Also a decade ago Honda India head (forget his name) was very proud of the "quality" of Honda Cars business in India: meaning they were making a 'hefty' profit on their products visavis the competition and so they rested, rested and rested on their laurels till the competition caught up with them and overtook them by a handsome margin!
Durango Dude is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 20:01   #8063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
they rested, rested and rested on their laurels [/i][/b]till the competition caught up with them and overtook them by a handsome margin!
Couldn't have put it better myself !

My favourite carmaker has lost the plot and its a terrible shame that a company known for engineering excellence quality and reliability is today a middle of the road car manufacturer !

Would rather buy a Toyota over a Honda today, at least they stayed true to their values.

Holding onto my 2000 Honda City 1.5 EXi for a whiff of the glory days.
Redline6800 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 20:28   #8064
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Total benefits of Rs. 30,000 are being offered on the City.
As per the sales figures - the new City has gone directly to the top of the segment. A 21 month high of 4185 units in Oct 2020. Unlikely then to get discounts right?

On the contrary, 5th generation City had discounts of 16k publicized in dailies here from September itself! I had mentioned earlier from sources that the numbers were driven by the cut-price 4th generation City which is still on sale.

I guess the discounts paint a similar picture as well! Honda's diesel also seem to have lost market favour completely - with Autocarpro reporting 0 diesel dispatches for the City from April to August 2020.

Hope they get the 1.0 Turbo soon, and also replace the 4th generation with the City hatchback instead. Bring some desirability back in the brand please!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 21:16   #8065
BHPian

Quote:
Just a few years ago, it would be taboo to mention Honda and discounts in the same breath.
Very true. When I was shopping for a car in 2014, I contacted one of the local dealers here in Pune and they bluntly refused to bring the car to my place for TD. So, I went to their showroom and asked for a TD of Amaze Petrol. The sales guy was like we don't have one and you would have to decide based on the car in the showroom. I refused. He had the same answer for City. So just for the heck of it, I asked if there are any ongoing discounts. SA was like "Sir, Honda never ever offers any discounts. If you are hoping for one, then you would be wasting your time". I would never forget that arrogance.
sam264_2000 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 21:24   #8066
BHPian

I'm not so sure with the sales figure, but this is the quantity of recent cars I saw on roads in Udaipur since launch.
  • Mahindra Thar: Launch date, to-date:3-4. Personally know two people who brought it.
  • Kia Sonet: Launch date, to-date: 10-15
  • VW T-Roc: Launch date, to-date: 3-4
  • Skoda Karoq: Launch date, to-date: 2-3. Personally know 1 owner.
  • Hyundai 2020 Creta: Launch date, to-date: at least 50! I personally know 5-7 people who brought it.
  • MG Gloster: Launch date, to-date: 2-3
  • Hyundai i20: Launch date, to-date: 8-10
  • Hyundai Verna 2020: Launch date, to-date: 2-3
  • Honda City: Launch date, to-date: 2 (both tourist cars from GJ and MH, none owned by locals)
Why to me this fact matters? Because Udaipur is small tier-3 town. So if a newly launched car is here in decent numbers, means the carmaker has put ample efforts to sell nationwide. Look at MG and Kia, I never expected them to have showrooms here till first six months from launch; but they were here from day zero! No wonder why they are so successful in their segments. I'm surprised that I'm seeing so so many i20 on roads and zero Honda city. Heck, I've seen more T-Rocs, Glosters, and even latest gen Civics and CRVs on road than the City..
This definitely points towards its poorer overall performance perhaps?
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 22:14   #8067
BHPian

Last month, I visited the Bangalore one, asked for the Civic. (Maybe I wasn't dressed for the occassion, was coming back from office). There were no display cars, and the Lady was not even interested in selling. There were blunt replies on the discounts. The discounts were only on the diesel ones, and Petrol had a lakh of discount only. That still didn't seem to bring down the overpriced models one bit.
I guess, these discounts had always been there, or the prices had been lower earlier.
Old 2nd December 2020, 22:24   #8068
BHPian

Quote:
Just a few years ago, it would be taboo to mention Honda and discounts in the same breath. How the times have changed!!
This is not true. According to my knowledge, Honda always had a sale every year from the Diwali time to the year-end. I bought my third generation Honda City in December 2012 with nearly a lac discount (about Rs. 90000 if I remember correctly). It was not a stock clearance. I got a November 2012 made car.

Quote:
Also a decade ago Honda India head (forget his name) was very proud of the "quality" of Honda Cars business in India: meaning they were making a 'hefty' profit on their products visavis the competition and so they rested, rested and rested on their laurels till the competition caught up with them and overtook them by a handsome margin!
This part, however, I agree. I also think Honda did lose its plot in India. They degraded the quality of the build, and are too slow to bring in new cars. Their downslide started with the introduction of Mobilo. I remember I checked the Mobilo out once I was at my Honda dealership for scheduled maintenance, and with a naked eye I could see the difference in quality of the doors. Honda never could understand the pulse of the changing car market in India.
Old 2nd December 2020, 22:24   #8069
BHPian

Dear BHPian, There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers. Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Please also use CAPITALS & the right punctuation.

Thank you for the support & understanding

Last edited by GTO : 4th December 2020 at 07:08.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd December 2020, 00:03   #8070
Senior - BHPian

Please be aware that this is regular Honda offers and has been more or less the same for the past 3 - 4 months.
sarathlal is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks