Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2020, 18:31   #8116
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra cars and CVs to get expensive from Jan 1, 2021

Mahindra has announced that it will increase the prices of its range of passenger cars and commercial vehicles from January 1, 2021.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-2020mahindrathar03.jpg

The carmaker has stated that the prices are being hiked due to the increase in commodity prices and various other input costs. The updated prices will be announced in due course of time.

Mahindra recently hiked the prices of the new Thar. The popular offroader was launched on October 2 at an introductory price of Rs. 9.80 lakh. The car has received an overwhelming response and as a result the waiting period for some variants is over 6 months.

The Mahindra Thar has also been named Team-BHP's Car of 2020.
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 18:55   #8117
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Sounds like a good deal. Does this 61.6 OTR include insurance?
Yes, all inclusive on road price.
Old 15th December 2020, 21:41   #8118
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Discounts being offered by Chandigarh dealers right now:

Chandigarh Road Tax is 8% for those looking at OTR pricing.

X5 OTR: 76.7 Lakh
X3 OTR: 60 Lakh

GLC Petrol: 49 Lac Ex-showroom
GLC Diesel: 53 Lac Ex-showroom
E200: 55.5 Lac Ex-showroom
GLE: 70.5 lac ex-showroom

Audi A6: 45 Lac Ex-showroom.

Really impressed with the A6, almost 14 lac discount and tons of features over the E-class which is almost 15 lac more expensive OTR. Plus it's a car that fun to drive and also be in the back seat at times. Not one dimensional like the E-class or 5-series.

Also available, a pre-owned 2018 X5 with M Kit with 52000 Kms for around 48 Lac.

Leaning heavily on the A6 because of the heavy discount. Anyone care to comment about discounts in NCR or neighbourhood dealers?
Cavityavenger is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 08:53   #8119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavityavenger View Post
Discounts being offered by Chandigarh dealers right now:

Chandigarh Road Tax is 8% for those looking at OTR pricing.

X5 OTR: 76.7 Lakh
X3 OTR: 60 Lakh

GLC Petrol: 49 Lac Ex-showroom
GLC Diesel: 53 Lac Ex-showroom

Thanks a lot for the data on GLC and X3. I will use it to bargain with local bangalore dealers who are still acting all pricey
Old 16th December 2020, 09:39   #8120
BHPian

Hello Folks,
I booked a TATA Harrier XZA DT ( Automatic Dual Tone) Option at 22.15 L all Inclusive. Got a discount of 90,000 plus some accessories (Mud flaps, mats and Underbody 3M coating) for free.

Expecting delivery in 3-4 weeks. Booked at Keshva Motors, Mulund, Mumbai

Last edited by vikramv1 : 16th December 2020 at 09:46.
vikramv1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 02:17   #8121

Hi, I know that this might seem irrelevant for now, but I'm in the initial stages(1-1.5 years) of planning to buy an entry level BMW or Merc (2gc/A-Limo), my dad thought the speculated price of the 2 gc being 32 was a decent price but a huge disappointment to see it start at 40L.

I have no idea how much Kun BMW Hyderabad offers discounts, if the Merc starts at a decent price would go with that as we dealt with mahavir for our two Skodas.

Any idea what kind of discounts Hyderabad dealers offer and any other compact luxury sedans or alternatives that can be recommended? It takes time for me to convince my non enthusiast dad. Thanks in Advance!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th December 2020 at 07:25. Reason: Proper punctuations, spacing. Please proof read your posts before submitting. Thanks.
Warwick07 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th December 2020, 08:15   #8122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramv1 View Post
Hello Folks,
I booked a TATA Harrier XZA DT ( Automatic Dual Tone) Option at 22.15 L all Inclusive. Got a discount of 90,000 plus some accessories (Mud flaps, mats and Underbody 3M coating) for free.

Expecting delivery in 3-4 weeks. Booked at Keshva Motors, Mulund, Mumbai
Can you please share the break up on the 90k discount, a close friend of mine was negotiating with a local dealer.
Old 18th December 2020, 13:29   #8123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Can you please share the break up on the 90k discount, a close friend of mine was negotiating with a local dealer.
90 k = 25k consumer discount, 5k corp discount and 60k dealer discount. Hope this helps
vikramv1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 18:28   #8124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwick07 View Post
Hi, I know that this might seem irrelevant for now, but I'm in the initial stages(1-1.5 years) of planning to buy an entry level BMW or Merc (2gc/A-Limo), my dad thought the speculated price of the 2 gc being 32 was a decent price but a huge disappointment to see it start at 40L.

Any idea what kind of discounts Hyderabad dealers offer and any other compact luxury sedans or alternatives that can be recommended? It takes time for me to convince my non enthusiast dad. Thanks in Advance!
Its only a matter of time before BMW starts heavy discounting on the 2GC.
From a negotiation perspective, proper timing and planning (which you have) could enable you to get a better deal /maybe go a segment higher if possible.

Some things to keep in mind:
1) See options coming in that could help your negotiating power. A class for instance looks the part compared to the 2GC, and Mercedes is presently stingy with discounts compared to BMW, Audi. However - this could translate to better priced 2GC variants due to discounts - maybe the typical BMW trick of launching a base sport trim.
In 1-1.5 years, expect the new C Class to debut + 3 series LCI on the anvil : could get a stellar discount on a proper RWD BMW making it worth the stretch. Similar for slow mover A4 & A3.
Similarly the SUV segment will see heavy discounts on the X1 (with new Q3, GLA launch + new X1 will probably come in 2022/2023). Plus given the recently launched Q2 is already being offered with discounts : it could be better.

2) keep a flexible 3-4 month period between enquiry to purchase : try and plan it around heavy discount period (Diwali to Jan, March Ending, etc.). Keep an eye on dealer stock levels as well as it would help with your bargaining power.

3) check with nearby cities - mumbai, delhi for pricing and factor cost of transport too by flatbed.
lamborghini is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 22:20   #8125
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Getting a flat 1L off on the OTR price Rs 47L of Toyota Camry. Add to it, I will do insurance on my own, which is effectively another 35k savings. So looking at around 45.6L odd. Is there any further room for negotiation? Dealer is saying that I need to book before 20th (complete payment) basis which they'll place order with factory. Currently they have no stock, this is corroborated by Millenium, Lakozy & Madhuban Toyota in Mumbai.

Is this a good deal to be finalised? There seems to be no leverage sighting upcoming facelift or year end. Supposedly, car price will be hiked from January, however quantum of hike is unknown.
Old 19th December 2020, 21:52   #8126
BHPian

Folks, what discount can I expect for a Suzuki Ignis Delta manual? There is Rs. 25,000 offer going on now. How much more can I bargain?

Last edited by Sheel : 20th December 2020 at 08:44. Reason: Please proof read prior to submission and use spell-checkers. Thanks.
Old 19th December 2020, 23:13   #8127
BHPian

Quote:
90 k = 25k consumer discount, 5k corp discount and 60k dealer discount. Hope this helps
Does this also include any exchange bonus? I don't mind going ahead with a Harrier if I could get a similar deal.

Do you mind sending me the details of the SA from your dealer please. Since I am new to Team BHP, I can't send you DM. Otherwise we could exchange our co-ordinates and connect offline too.
Old 20th December 2020, 10:15   #8128
BHPian

I have been offered 2.5 lac off on the ex showroom for c300d amg in Kerala, Do anyone have any idea on discounts in other states?
Old 20th December 2020, 17:04   #8129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindrider2626 View Post
I have been offered 2.5 lac off on the ex showroom for c300d amg in Kerala, Do anyone have any idea on discounts in other states?
That seems very low. Do check with Delhi and Mumbai dealerships, they are a lot more aggressive and competitive as both cities have 3 MB dealers.
Old 21st December 2020, 00:39   #8130
BHPian

Quote:
Hello vikramv1,
I interested in Harrier XZ+. However the dealers i contacted, told me that there are no discounts available. Can you please share the contact number of SA? I can't send personal message to you, since I am new to the forum and cant send personal message.
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks