Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2021, 16:58   #8341
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

There is one thing that we tend to forget while discussing rising prices - the dollar rupee equation. At 50% of value of a car manufactured is import.

Way back in 1990 the Rupee was around 20/$ and M800 AC around Rs.1,20,000.
Today Rupee is 72/$ and the Alto 800 is Rs.3L, so Alto has actually become cheaper over the years in dollar terms.

The same is the case with German Cars. When Rupee was around 40/$ C class wast around 17L. today at Rs72/$ it is touching 40L.

So in general blame our economy especially Rupee-Dollar rates for rising car prices.
Aroy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 16:54   #8342
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Toyota New Prices

Innova Crysta hiked by 26000
Fortuner by 36000
Legender by 72000
Camry by 1,18,000

No hike on other models

https://www.carwale.com/news/toyota-...innova-crysta/
Technic90 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 18:32   #8343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic90 View Post
Toyota New Prices

Fortuner by 36000
Legender by 72000
Camry by 1,18,000

No hike on other models

This will make Camry Rs.50+ lacs in Bangalore
pk1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 12:13   #8344
BHPian

I am in market now for a new luxury sedan. Looking at 330i, A4, C-Petrol and even XE. How much discount can I expect in next 2-3 months on these in Bangalore? Any dealer you would suggest me to approach?

On road price is a big factor for me. My preference is XE>330i>C>A4. A4 for example has to be less expensive by at least 4-5 lakhs as compared to 330i to even get my attention.

we are family of 4 with two kids 12, 10 years old. We drive a lot (before Covid!) and usually do a 2000 - 4000 KM long road trip every year.

Any suggestion?
Old 5th April 2021, 13:12   #8345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTraveller View Post
I am in market now for a new luxury sedan. Looking at 330i, A4, C-Petrol and even XE. How much discount can I expect in next 2-3 months on these in Bangalore? Any dealer you would suggest me to approach?

we are family of 4 with two kids 12, 10 years old. We drive a lot (before Covid!) and usually do a 2000 - 4000 KM long road trip every year.

Any suggestion?
If you are a family of 4 with 2 growing kids, the XE in my opinion should not be an option. There's very little space inside. It is however quite good to drive.

A4 is a good option.

My choice would be the 330i without a second thought. It is hands down the best to drive, space is decent and is not known to give unnecessary problems. Check the boot space by putting in your own bags to be extra sure in whichever car you shortlist.

The 330Li is more expensive but worth a look.
abhinavsureka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 13:29   #8346
BHPian

Thanks. I called JLR, Audi, BMW and Merc dealers. Except Audi all of them are running out of stocks and hence no/minimal discount. Should I postpone my plan to end of the year for better offers?
Old 5th April 2021, 13:34   #8347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I called JLR, Audi, BMW and Merc dealers. Except Audi all of them are running out of stocks and hence no/minimal discount. Should I postpone my plan to end of the year for better offers?
April is one of the worst times to buy in terms of discount. I would suggest keep a check every month on the monthly schemes. In most likelyhood festive season onwards to year end you will find better discounts
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 16:39   #8348
BHPian

Quote:
October/November is when the stocks start piling up. Add to that festive offers and the rush to not carry over inventory to the next year. That said, must keep in touch with NCR/WB dealers for the best deals.
Karan_n8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 19:22   #8349

Quote:

On road price is a big factor for me. My preference is XE>330i>C>A4. A4 for example has to be less expensive by at least 4-5 lakhs as compared to 330i to even get my attention.

Any suggestion?
Hello,
I was in the market as well for a new luxury sedan. As someone already pointed out, there's a semi conductor shortage that's limited supply for BMW, MERCEDES, JAGUAR AND VOLVO. Audi, seems to be the only company having the A4(with good discounts) & good supply. The discounts depend on demand and supply. As someone pointed out it's better to delay the purchase to Oct/Nov. When you do get a good deal, here are my thoughts as I test drove all of the above mentioned cars -

1. The bmw has the best drivability but has limited bootspace and poor rear legroom. Li is too expensive for what it offers. Do you prefer driving dynamics to new age interiors or superior ride quality?
2. The C class is just overpriced for what it offers. A new generation is on the way. Go for it if you want the Mercedes badge.
3. Audi A4 - decent driving dynamics(doesn't push you back in your seat like the 3 series does) but has a great interior and a 'magic carpet ride'. But, the Octavia will/should offer everything that the A4 offers at a much lower price point.
4. I would stay away from the Jaguar XE as I have heard horror stories about the ASS.
5. Do test drive the new Superb. If you don't care about the badge value, it's the "best in the next class" and is truly value for money.

All the best for your purchase. Hope you enjoy your dream machine.

Last edited by Varun B : 6th April 2021 at 19:34. Reason: Spell check
Varun B is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 20:53   #8350
BHPian

Quote:
My preference is XE>330i>C>A4. We drive a lot (before Covid!) and usually do a 2000 - 4000 KM long road trip every year. Any suggestion?
I am a little confused with your shortlist given your requirement. A 4000km roadtrip in any of the vehicles above with a family of 4 is just asking for misery. They are all low slung, have cramped rears and have poor road visibility for long highway runs. They might be fun for the first 800-1000kms but then the toll on the body and mind will hit. The rear seats on a C feel like you're sitting in a hole and I would go mad if I had to sit in them for 4000kms. Get a Fortuner/Endeavor/Carnival. You'll save money and have a safer/more enjoyable road trip.
yd_gli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 21:24   #8351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic90 View Post
Toyota New Prices

Fortuner by 36000
Legender by 72000
Camry by 1,18,000

No hike on other models

The only people happy due to the price hike are sellers and used car dealers. For me, Tata Safari is the new Fortuner and I dont think the later is twice the price for what it offers. Tata should capitalize this and launch a 4x4 Safari
rahulskumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 21:38   #8352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
usually do a 2000 - 4000 KM long road trip every year.

Any suggestion?
I wouldn't touch any jaguar if I was doing those kinds of long trips. You're pretty much guaranteed to get issues halfway through and be at the mercy of their not so great service. You don't want to be stranded somewhere with two kids like that.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 21:50   #8353
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
The only people happy due to the price hike are sellers and used car dealers. For me, Tata Safari is the new Fortuner and I dont think the later is twice the price for what it offers. Tata should capitalize this and launch a 4x4 Safari
Well the masses who buy Fortuner aren't bothered about money. I was TDing Yaris. The sales executive who accompanied me had a heated argument with a customer over phone on early delivery of legender to the extent of letter from the office of CM . Finally he gave up and said customer to do as per his wish. The executive said me that there is no value for 45L in India. Most fortuners are sold to those in white dresses about whom less spoken is better and they contribute to sale numbers. Tata cannot capitalize legender space for sure. It is definitely not about money. But more than that.

Last edited by KPR : 6th April 2021 at 22:01.
KPR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 22:21   #8354
BHPian

Now this hike on an already overpriced car is absurd. IMO it makes little sense for enthusiasts to get a new fortuner especially in places like NCR where the mighty LC200 from year 2011-13 are changing hands between 35-45 Lacs (thanks to NGT diesel car ban) and a few of them are less run too.
I have been toying around with the idea of getting a similar example among the ones mentioned above but then my head says - "Are you absolutely nuts?!"
Old 6th April 2021, 22:22   #8355
BHPian

Quote:

Any suggestion?
All the cars you mentioned are going to be not so great in the back seat comfort especially long trips you have mentioned. Your kids will soon find them cramped - strech your budget and go for the 330i Limo.

Most Viewed