Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2021, 13:38   #8416
BHPian

Re: Nissan Kicks: Benefits worth up to Rs. 75,000 on offer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Have always wondered why the huge waiting list for Creata/Seltos have not translated to sales for Kicks.

The car is good and reasonably priced for the variants. Are there any key issues with the car ( other than perception of the general public ) that it is not able to improve on sales.
Two things come to my mind
1. Perception - Nissan is not exactly a common name amongst aam junta. Definitely not Maruti/Hyundai/Honda level. Hence loses out
2. Lack of showrooms and service centers in most cities and definitely no presence in Rural/Tier2 cities.
Archisman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 13:38   #8417
BHPian

Quote:
Have always wondered why the huge waiting list for Creata/Seltos have not translated to sales for Kicks.

The car is good and reasonably priced for the variants. Are there any key issues with the car ( other than perception of the general public ) that it is not able to improve on sales.
I agree, its the same platform as the Duster, but better looks. Which should mean a good ride quality, attractive aesthetics and translate to higher sales. It's possible that a large portion of opportunity is lost due to absence of a Diesel and maybe even the Sunroof.

The Seltos and Creta have so many engines + transmission options that there is something for everyone stepping in the showroom. Despite the crash rating and horrible looks of the Creta, I guess rest of the things (engine, transmission, fancy features) satisfy the customer.
aayusht is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 13:55   #8418
BHPian

Quote:

Simply because of horrendous aftersales perception. The service center try to fleece you if you are not careful, and parts are not cheap nor easy to source outside ASC.

Kicks tried to solve the outdate interior issue with Terrano.

I wonder how many terrano owners (including me) would not recommend Kicks just because of service experience.

Kicks as a vehicle is without a doubt very competent.
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 14:34   #8419
AZT
BHPian

I think people walking in to see the magnite will also benefit the Kicks. You don't see many kicks on the road so many buyers don't even shortlist it even if they have the budget.
Old 19th May 2021, 15:17   #8420
BHPian

I think this offer should attract people who have entered the Nissan showroom to book the Magnite XV(9lac ex showroom) vs the Kicks 1.5XV(9.99 ex showroom plus the discounts mentioned above).
But that said Kicks is named as a flop car and there are a very few people who are ready to accept and buy a car associated with the flop tag.
If I was eyeing on the Magnite XV I would have bought the Kicks XV instead as the price difference would be less than 30k ex showroom and one can enjoy a Creta segment car at a Magnite level price tag as the Creta E with the current feature deletions is completely barebones.

Last edited by Sahilrai166 : 19th May 2021 at 15:21.
Old 19th May 2021, 15:25   #8421
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I dont thinkt is just engine transmission options. They do have the NA and Turbo petrols to compete with Hyundai petrol offerings. Question is for similar petrol models, customers are willing to pay more and wait 6 months for a worse looking Creta?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
I wonder how many terrano owners (including me) would not recommend Kicks just because of service experience.

Kicks as a vehicle is without a doubt very competent.
I didnt know Nissan too had service issues. I was aware of service issue and components quality in Duster.
I felt Nissan overpriced the Terrano forcing people to the competitors and Duster. When looking for a CSUV in 2017, they quoted rediculous prices (along with a take it or leave it attitude ) and I booked the Creta. No amount of discounts later bring in the customers.

For Kicks, I felt it would take the fight to Creta/Seltos, but it is not to be.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 16:56   #8422
BHPian

I booked the top end XV Premium (O) turbo MT earlier this month. Personally felt the ride quality and driving dynamics superior to everything on offer on the segment and far ahead of the Koreans.
Very odd that the CVT version doesn't come in the top trim but in top - 1.

I don't think they have a full production schedule of the Kicks though - they were trying to get me to take colours which were already available instead of the one I wanted but I refused. Let's see when they deliver.
maxratul is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 17:25   #8423
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post
Completely agree!
We as buyers have only one option left now which is to simply postpone our purchase and wait until the heavy discounts are back or the manufacturers fall to their knees and are compelled to reduce the Ex-showroom prices due to extremely low sales.

If they (manufacturers) can form hidden cartels, we buyers can too! It's just a matter of time to bring them back to their REAL PLACE, especially the Luxury Carmakers.
After all, we would be paying for their products and without sales, these companies cannot survive.
Unfortunately, this is unlikely to happen for the luxury car makers. Majority of the sales are from corporates for whom these purchases help them with claiming depreciation and saving tax. The value conscious buyer mostly focuses on pre-worshipped goods.

These cars are almost price inelastic. A 3-series (20d) has gone up from 25L to over 50L now and still sells like hot cakes.
sid_deb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 22:09   #8424
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

The Duster 1.3 sibling has these offers going since its launch. They favour existing Duster owners a bit and of course are on a car which has much less on offer than the kicks in terms of premium-ness.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-419c70f2dfaa4e9c8b6c306b7061dd86.png
Old 20th May 2021, 00:09   #8425
BHPian

Any one who is interested in the Kicks please do this - Walk in to the showroom, go near the Kicks (if they have one in display that is) and ask the sales person to give you all details of the car. High possibility that the sales person himself will start bad mouthing the product and will push you towards the Magnite. This has been me personal experience at not 1 but 2 showrooms. The SA was very open in saying that the Magnite is a much better product and comes at a lower cost. He was open in saying that this was an outdated car and we should avoid. My brother-in-law in fact asked him if he was actually interested in selling the car or not. When asked for a TD, they had no reply.

Now in such conditions how do you expect the car to sell?? And yes, I missed mentioning that no one got back to us post the visit. Sad, but true.
Maverick1977 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2021, 14:28   #8426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Nissan has announced offers on the Kicks crossover, with an aim to revive its sales.
======
Link to Team-BHP News
It's already a massive flop. No matter how and what offers do Nissan India provides I don't think it's gonna sell well. Mass market will easily get lured by Hyundai/Kia twins at that price point.
Old 26th May 2021, 19:58   #8427
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

The only manufacturer which is acting opposite in the market, when the others are only busy increasing the prices...
-----Volvo XC40 attracts a discount of up to Rs 3.26 lakh in May 2021

https://www.carwale.com/news/volvo-x...h-in-may-2021/

This might be the GLA effect though...a big difference of 4.11L!
Old 1st June 2021, 15:51   #8428
BHPian

Hi,

I am in the market for used Toyota Fortuner 4x4 Automatic, but came across an unregistered Compass Trailhawk 4x4 in White Colour. It is of course brand new but is 2020 model. The dealer has offered me a discount of 2 Lakhs ex showroom. What could be the ideal discount I could push him for ? also does it make sense to go in for a Trailhawk ? BTW I do not require 7 seats.

Thanks.
Old 1st June 2021, 18:28   #8429
Senior - BHPian

Discounts, Offers? What is that? That is the current situation for many Maruti cars. In fact many of their cars has huge waiting periods. With factory shutdown and Corona disturbance, few cars waiting period is gone up to 6 months to 1 year now. I have booked Ertiga Zxi+ and dealer has emailed me that it will take 9 months at least. I was hopeful that I will get delivery in Diwali, but now I am thinking to get it in January only so that I will get 2022 model
Old 1st June 2021, 19:17   #8430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I have booked Ertiga Zxi+ and dealer has emailed me that it will take 9 months at least.
People can wait that long for a car! 9 months for the delivery! No wonder you'll treat it as your baby

I think you will receive it much before that. The usual quoted waiting period is inflated 2-4 times (genuinely in very few cases) since without stock, it's just a dead booking and the sales people really hate the refund process as much as the buyer does.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks