Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2021, 03:56   #8461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techspark View Post
Thank you for all your inputs

Yes I totally agree with that. GLA is just better in every aspect - especially the interiors but it's also more expensive. Audi Q2 - the best price I could get was around 37 Lakhs OTR last week but that too for the premium plus variant and to be honest I don't find it worth it. Also, another hassle was the car had to be registered outside Mumbai (to get at this price) and I did not like the idea of that (I am sure there are risks involved in that?).

This is my first luxury car and to be honest I want to get the best possible price. My initial budget was 30 Lakhs OTR but I soon realised it is not possible to get a new car with the Merc, Audi or BMW badge at this price (the badge is very important to me and hence I need a car from either of these 3 brands). Do you think by year end I can get Audi Q2 at around 30Lakhs OTR Mumbai? Or a GLA for around 35 Lakhs?

I really have my heart on GLA but right now even the petrol variant is very expensive and way out of my budget.

I strictly want to stick to the three brands above and so I would not consider Volvo. I test drove the x1 - but just a personal opinion I did not enjoy it that much and I don't like the shape of the car - also it's slightly bigger than other two and most of my driving is in the city and parking in tight places, hence I want the car to be as compact as possible.

Going by the latest trend of manufacturers pricing new luxury cars I am sure Q3 will be way out of my budget

Also, since this is my first luxury car I am not sure about maintenance cost - is an Audi cheaper to maintain then a Merc? Or are they all the same? Also since Q2 is a CBU, will I have issues obtaining spare parts when needed?
Firstly the GLA, X1 are a segment higher than the Q2 (which is anyways ridiculously priced to begin with).
Out of these brands, Audi & BMW would have the best discounts: low sales figures for the former (though I'm sure they'll bring it in at ₹37L OTR Bombay if you negotiate hard and are able to get your own insurance & avoid accessories but Extended Warranty is a must!), and in the case of BMW : the new X1 debuts next year so there could be attractive discounts once stocks pile up.
I don't expect a great discount on the GLA because its a new model, and henceforth Mercedes will be fixing discounts as opposed to dealers giving their own discounts.

Coming to maintenance, it has been my experience that BMW are amongst the more reliable with good service & warranty packages as well which are reasonably priced. I would place Audi in line with Mercedes as far as maintenance goes purely due to the fact that its DSG & CBU that's been with them for a year.

Lastly about which car: in my opinion the badge isn't everything in this segment. If you're paying the premium for a luxury car your heart needs to play a role in deciding along with the head because it's all about how it makes you feel more than anything else.
There are better commuter vehicles in the market. Looking at your budget, I would recommend looking out for within warranty, low run pre-owned examples & also sedans (unless you really need the added clearance : our C Class handles 98% of the roads with no issues) such as the 2 series gran coupe / A Class.
Go through the What Car section for similar threads for some pointers depending on your requirements.
lamborghini is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 04:48   #8462
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Quote:
Yes I totally agree with that. GLA is just better in every aspect - especially the interiors but it's also more expensive.
Agreed! GLA is a great car but overpriced by almost 10L, without any justification! Typical Merc policy!

Quote:
Audi Q2 - the best price I could get was around 37 Lakhs OTR last week but that too for the premium plus variant and to be honest I don't find it worth it. Also, another hassle was the car had to be registered outside Mumbai (to get at this price) and I did not like the idea of that (I am sure there are risks involved in that?). OTR Mumbai was at least 2-3 lakhs more.
37L OTR is wayyy too much for a car like Audi Q2! That's practically Audi Q3 OTR price after discounts . Please don't pay so much under any circumstances. Honestly, anything above 30L OTR for the top-end Q2 is simply money wasted.
And I'm not sure about the risks involved in registering the car outside Mumbai, other BHPians can help you with this but yes, this is done to reduce your RTO charges and personally, I'm not fond of such deals.

Quote:
all Q2's right now are 2020 manufactured and it seems like they are not ordering more cars and just trying to clear out the lot they already have.
I asked them if they could get the standard variant and they said they are all sold out and they have no idea when the new lot will come. So the first variant that you can get starts from the Premium plus variant.
I don't think the new lot will ever arrive. You see, Audi Q2 is a temporary makeshift model from Audi. They need/had to offer something in the entry-level luxury segment and as soon as the new Audi A3 and Q3 are launched by early next year, very high chances that the Audi Q2 might be simply discontinued in India. This is also the reason why Audi IN didn't make it a CKD offering in India, till now. The CBU units were brought to India under the Free Trade Import Quota and they're still selling it now. Audi Q2 is a car that simply doesn't make sense in anyway. It's there because it had to be there, that's all.

Quote:
This is my first luxury car and to be honest I want to get the best possible price. Do you think by year end I can get Audi Q2 at around 30Lakhs OTR Mumbai? Or a GLA for around 35 Lakhs?
If you want the best possible price, all I would say is that negotiate as hard as possible.
Audi Q2 at 30L OTR in Nov/Dec is very much possible, frankly. With the Audi A3 and Q3 launch around the corner at that time, the dealers would be too eager to move the old (2020 MY) CBU stocks of the Q2 and you might get even higher discounts then. Better to wait now! Also because it is a MY2020 car, please be careful because you will be buying a 1-1.5yrs (manufacturing date wise) old car, and it would have been lying in the dealer stockyard for a very long time.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...ring-date.html (ARTICLE: Buying a New car with an Older manufacturing date)
Please go through this thread to understand what I'm trying to say here.
If the car turns out to be fine then, you may go ahead with the purchase but do make sure to negotiate well and bring down the OTR to 30L or lower because, in Nov/Dec, you'll have the upper hand!

Petrol GLA at 35L OTR is being too optimistic and I don't think it'll happen ever. I know the car doesn't deserve more than that but we can't do anything because Mercedes thinks that we are buying their cars which are made up of gold.
Do read this, and you'll understand what MBIL is trying to do this year even after overpricing their cars!
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...otiations.html (Mercedes India to revamp Sales & Distribution | Net prices to be fixed (no negotiations))

You may expect the Petrol GLA at around 40-45L OTR Mumbai after good (not at all good, honestly!) discounts. Really don't think that the GLA would come any cheaper than this, especially after MBIL's courageous ROTF Sales Model move in India, starting Q4 of 2021. All I can say is that the price you'll be paying right now for a GLA, in Nov/Dec you'll be paying less for sure! But how much less, that is to be seen!
Earlier cars like the Merc GLA used to sell at an avg discount of 10L OTR in Nov/Dec. That might not be the case anymore with MBIL's new sales model move now, but let's see, MBIL might just surprise us!

Quote:
Yes, it seems like the best thing to do
Yes! The only good advice I can give you right now is to wait for those 2 months. You'll surely see better deals and nothing to lose either.

Quote:
Going by the latest trend of manufacturers pricing new luxury cars I am sure Q3 will be way out of my budget and I would like to close this by year-end
The Audi Q3 will be in the same range as that of the X1, GLA, and XC40, if not less. After this, you have the forever good/huge discounts from Audi and the car will definitely come down to a <40L OTR price. That is the true price for an Audi Q3. Although, yes, you might just have to wait longer for this to happen.

Quote:
Also, since this is my first luxury car I am not sure about maintenance cost - is an Audi cheaper to maintain then a Merc? Or are they all the same? Also since Q2 is a CBU, will I have issues obtaining spare parts when needed?
AFAIK, Audi is definitely cheaper to maintain than a Merc, but not by much! Also, Audi has a notch lower after-sales experience than the other two Germans in the game but again, that depends on your Dealer as well! You may ask different BHPians for more clarity on this.
Obtaining spares for the Q2 might not be that difficult because all these Audi/VAG cars have high levels of the same part/component sharing among their different models. But yes, if the Q2 is discontinued (highest probability) in India, you might see another set of problems opening up, plus the Q2 will always have a very small buyer base across India.
sampadroy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 07:11   #8463
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Techspark and I are in the same boat. The prices of all the entry level luxury cars have risen to criminal proportions.

I have a soft corner for the Q2 but if their stock is nearly a year old and they're not importing new ones then the writing is on the wall - this is going to end up like the Karoq.

Personally, I have started looking at the Citroen C5 Aircross instead. That is also overpriced but I anticipate that it'd be easier to fit that in the 30L budget.

Otherwise there's always the tried and tested Jeep Compass which has sufficient street cred.

The heart will lust for the GLA 35 AMG. But a man can dream!

Last edited by Pyrotek : 1st July 2021 at 07:12. Reason: Typo
Pyrotek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 20:00   #8464
BHPian

Thank you for your response

Quote:
Out of these brands, Audi & BMW would have the best discounts: low sales figures for the former (though I'm sure they'll bring it in at ₹37L OTR Bombay if you negotiate hard and are able to get your own insurance & avoid accessories but Extended Warranty is a must!)
Yes, I had removed all accessories and told them I will get my own insurance but even after that the price was close to around 40L OTR Mumbai and I told them is clearly not justified for Q2. I asked the sales guy to be in touch with me and if he can get the price around 30L OTR I would be more than willing to go ahead with it.

Quote:
I don't expect a great discount on the GLA because its a new model, and henceforth Mercedes will be fixing discounts as opposed to dealers giving their own discounts.
I found GLA better in every aspect compared to the Q2. The only thing going in Q2's favour is that it looks a little better to me on the outside than the GLA and and it is 10-12 Lacs cheaper.

Quote:
Lastly about which car: in my opinion the badge isn't everything in this segment. If you're paying the premium for a luxury car your heart needs to play a role in deciding along with the head because it's all about how it makes you feel more than anything else.
That is true - I am someone who keeps my car for at least 7-10 years and it's okay for me to spend a little more early on but I want to have the best possible experience. Had the difference between GLA and Q2 been just 2-4 lacs, I would have picked the GLA without a second thought.

Quote:
There are better commuter vehicles in the market. Looking at your budget, I would recommend looking out for within warranty, low run pre-owned examples & also sedans (unless you really need the added clearance : our C Class handles 98% of the roads with no issues) such as the 2 series gran coupe / A Class.
That's good to know. As long as I don't have to drive sideways on the speed breakers I don't mind a sedan. I have not driven the C class yet and I think will take a test drive of it sometime this weekend. What's the best price / discount I can get for a C class? Also, 2 series gran coupe had a very low seating position so I did not like it that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post
Agreed! GLA is a great car but overpriced by almost 10L, without any justification! Typical Merc policy!

37L OTR is wayyy too much for a car like Audi Q2! That's practically Audi Q3 OTR price after discounts . Please don't pay so much under any circumstances. Honestly, anything above 30L OTR for the top-end Q2 is simply money wasted.
Thank you for your response. And yes, anything above 30L OTR for a Q2 is not justified. Right now, I tried my best but 35L OTR is what I was getting and that too with a Daman Registration.

Quote:
And I'm not sure about the risks involved in registering the car outside Mumbai, other BHPians can help you with this but yes, this is done to reduce your RTO charges and personally, I'm not fond of such deals.
Yes, there is a difference of at least 4-5 lakhs. I was offered Daman registration but I don't know if it is safe? If fellow BHPians can guide me that will be great as the difference is almost 4-5 lakhs for a CBU. Do cops create a problem if they see a Daman car on Bombay roads?

Quote:
I don't think the new lot will ever arrive. You see, Audi Q2 is a temporary makeshift model from Audi. They need/had to offer something in the entry-level luxury segment and as soon as the new Audi A3 and Q3 are launched by early next year, very high chances that the Audi Q2 might be simply discontinued in India. This is also the reason why Audi IN didn't make it a CKD offering in India, till now. The CBU units were brought to India under the Free Trade Import Quota and they're still selling it now. Audi Q2 is a car that simply doesn't make sense in anyway. It's there because it had to be there, that's all.
Yes, I checked with both the Audi showrooms in Mumbai and they both told me that they have no idea if the new lot will ever arrive. I am sure, they just want to clear out the current lot and there is a high chance that Q2 might be discontinued.

Quote:
If you want the best possible price, all I would say is that negotiate as hard as possible.
Audi Q2 at 30L OTR in Nov/Dec is very much possible, frankly. With the Audi A3 and Q3 launch around the corner at that time, the dealers would be too eager to move the old (2020 MY) CBU stocks of the Q2 and you might get even higher discounts then. Better to wait now! Also because it is a MY2020 car, please be careful because you will be buying a 1-1.5yrs (manufacturing date wise) old car, and it would have been lying in the dealer stockyard for a very long time.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...ring-date.html (ARTICLE: Buying a New car with an Older manufacturing date)
I am hesitant too to buy a 2020 MY car and only reason I am considering it was due to the discounts . I have been following that thread and I am aware about these things. When I decide to go ahead with the purchase I would be doing a thorough inspection.

Quote:
and bring down the OTR to 30L or lower because, in Nov/Dec, you'll have the upper hand!
Yes, this year Diwali is in November and I think the year end and Diwali discounts should overlap and I should probably be able to get a better price.

Quote:
Petrol GLA at 35L OTR is being too optimistic and I don't think it'll happen ever. I know the car doesn't deserve more than that but we can't do anything because Mercedes thinks that we are buying their cars which are made up of gold.
Haha, true that. I know it's being too optimistic but I will wait till year end and hopefully Mercedes surprises me.

Quote:
Do read this, and you'll understand what MBIL is trying to do this year even after overpricing their cars!
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...otiations.html (Mercedes India to revamp Sales & Distribution | Net prices to be fixed (no negotiations))
Yes, I read that and they also increased the price by 1.5 lakhs further. They have gone crazy, I don't think this policy will last long because from whatever I know negotiations always plays a big role in luxury cars and we are all used to it so I don't think people are gonna respond well to this policy and Mercedes will soon realise that.

Quote:
You may expect the Petrol GLA at around 40-45L OTR Mumbai after good (not at all good, honestly!) discounts. Really don't think that the GLA would come any cheaper than this, especially after MBIL's courageous ROTF Sales Model move in India, starting Q4 of 2021.
Anything above 35L OTR will be out of my budget and unfortunately then I will have to settle for the Q2 or look at other options because I really cannot stretch anything beyond that.

Quote:
Yes! The only good advice I can give you right now is to wait for those 2 months. You'll surely see better deals and nothing to lose either.
It's almost 4 months now for Nov but I don't mind waiting as I want to extract the best possible discount possible.

Quote:
The Audi Q3 will be in the same range as that of the X1, GLA, and XC40, if not less. After this, you have the forever good/huge discounts from Audi and the car will definitely come down to a <40L OTR price. That is the true price for an Audi Q3. Although, yes, you might just have to wait longer for this to happen.
Covid has delayed all new car launches and I don't know when the Q3 will be launched and even let's say if it's launched in Jan 2022 - it will still take a good 2-3 months to see decent discounts. Maybe march end will have some discounts but that would be a big stretch for me and I don't want to wait that long

Quote:
Obtaining spares for the Q2 might not be that difficult because all these Audi/VAG cars have high levels of the same part/component sharing among their different models. But yes, if the Q2 is discontinued (highest probability) in India, you might see another set of problems opening up, plus the Q2 will always have a very small buyer base across India.
That's good to know. I would want to keep the car for at least 7-10 years so resale value is not a major issue for me.
techspark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 19:26   #8465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
BMW india is to increase prices on some models from 1st July 21, by 3 percent, unsure if these would include entry level models or only the top end of the band.
Unfortunately (for prospect buyers), I can confirm that BMW has indeed raised prices of certain models such as 3 GL - by a whopping 1 lakh minimum. Good news that the regular wheelbase 3 hasn’t seen any such increase (yet). Of course 5 was just launched so no changes there. Didn’t check for the SUV range but prices must have gone up. Wait for a day or two for these details to be published in digital media.

We were taking delivery of our carbon black 3 GL petrol
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 20:54   #8466
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I had removed all accessories and told them I will get my own insurance but even after that the price was close to around 40L OTR Mumbai and I told them is clearly not justified for Q2. I asked the sales guy to be in touch with me and if he can get the price around 30L OTR I would be more than willing to go ahead with it.
Try with Audi Gurugram. You should get it at that price. And try getting the Premium variant which will reduce the price considerably.
SolidSnake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 21:54   #8467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake View Post
Try with Audi Gurugram. You should get it at that price. And try getting the Premium variant which will reduce the price considerably.
Audi South Delhi is offering Q2@35 odd lakhs without negotiation. Easily knock off few lakhs.

I know a few people incase somebody is interested.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 16:58   #8468
Senior - BHPian

Honda car prices to go up from August 2021

Honda is set to hike the prices of all its models from August 2021. The carmaker hasn't revealed the quantum of the price hike yet, but it's expected to vary depending on the model.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-juneofferbanner.jpg

Like most carmakers, Honda has had to raise the prices of its products due to rising input costs. Rajesh Goel, Senior VP and Director, Marketing and Sales, Honda Cars India has stated that the prices of raw materials like steel, aluminium and precious metals have increased sharply and many of them are at an all-time high, impacting the company's input costs significantly.

This year, Honda had hiked the prices of its cars on two previous occasions - first in January and then again in April, which makes this the third price hike in just 7 months.

Maruti Suzuki has also announced that it would increase the prices of its products in Q2 of FY2022. More carmakers could follow.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 5th July 2021 at 17:03.
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 09:42   #8469
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to book Ford Endeavour. Are there any deals /offers on Endeavour in Bangalore and who is offering minimum lead-time for delivery? I have a 50% NCB certificate which is expiring on 10th Aug 2021 (I got it on 11-Aug-2018 is 3 years validity rule still valid).

Any experience BHPians would like to share on their booking experience and what to look out for while negotiating with Ford.
Old 6th July 2021, 09:51   #8470
BHPian

Need some advice here.

I have been quoted 51L OTR for late 2020 (as per VIN) and with 3K on Odo, BMW 320D Luxury edition. List price OTR is 59L. Is it a fair price?

I have also been quoted 46L OTR for X1 sdrive including 3 year BSI with an extended warranty, for an unregistered zero-use vehicle.

Sharing it for others' benefit and appreciate the inputs if any.
Gsynch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 12:24   #8471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsynch View Post
Need some advice here.

I have been quoted 51L OTR for late 2020 (as per VIN) and with 3K on Odo, BMW 320D Luxury edition. List price OTR is 59L. Is it a fair price?

I have also been quoted 46L OTR for X1 sdrive including 3 year BSI with an extended warranty, for an unregistered zero-use vehicle.

Is the 320D a demo car? I wouldn't touch it with a pole if it was one. Even though it has just 3K Kms, I don't know how the car has been driven and what is the level of abuse on the car. If it isn't the TD Car, confirm why it has 3K on the odo and ensure that the car has been serviced once, before accepting the deal at ₹51L OTR.

The X1 is a good option too, provided you're open to it. Take 3 years BSI now and then get the longer (IIRC 7-year BSI Pack) and get extended warranty. 46L is okay if it is a 2021 diesel. If it is a 2020 diesel or 2021 petrol, bargain a tad-bit more, closer to ₹45L is what you'd want to spend on one of these.
akash_v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 13:02   #8472
BHPian

Quote:

51L OTR for a 3K done late 2020 manufactured 320d Luxury Edition (will be a year old in just a few months!) is quite a lot! If the car is a Demo piece (which I strongly suspect due to the 3K ODO figure), 51L is not really the price you should be paying at all, IMHO. Pretty sure the dealer is asking for 51L OTR due to the insignificant discounts available on a brand new 3 series, currently.
At this price or cheaper maybe, you'll be able to get a brand new 330i Sport in the coming months and given the year-end months, the 330i Sport will cost you even cheaper.
Would suggest you to negotiate harder and also ask the dealer to throw in the Extended Warranty package in the deal. Frankly, I'll think twice even before shelling out 47L OTR for such a deal. It might seem to be tempting but in reality, it's not.

The X1 seems to be a better deal, honestly (only if it's a MY2021 car!). Although 46L is on the higher side, pretty sure you'll be able to negotiate it down by quite some amount. Please do find out the other details too, whether it's a Display Piece or whether it was lying in the stockyard, and also try finding out the exact month of manufacturing as we're already 7 months down into 2021.
The good thing about the car is the 0 run on the ODO which gives you peace of mind and you'll be getting the 3 years BSI Pack and the Extended warranty too.
I'll try to close such a deal at around 43-44L OTR, if not less and it's a way better deal than the 320d Luxury Edition.

Also, do keep in mind that the new-gen X1 would be launching very soon globally and this current-gen is the oldest in its competition, right now. When the stock levels are back to normal after a few months and also when the pent-up demand in the market is over, the X1 (brand new, MY2021) should be easily available at such discounts, and given the year-end months, it'll make the case of negotiation even stronger (more discounts as the whole market will be operating on discounts in Nov-Dec).

Take a wise call and do negotiate hard! Remember the dealer is trying to move this old car hence, you've got the upper-hand in negotiations here!
sampadroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 14:17   #8473
BHPian

Quote:
Need some advice here.

If these are the ones with Navnit, the X1 would be Orange, as they have one 2020 unit still in stocks, wouldn't pay more than 42/43 with BSI.

The 3 series you can bid 45/46 if its a demo car, they had a couple of them up for grabs last week, one sold for 46 or thereabout.( informed by a close friend)
TRANSAM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 14:21   #8474
BHPian

Quote:
Need some advice here.

In my opinion, any thing more than 49 Lacs for 320D will be stretching it. Used vehicles (however sparingly) have to retail 15-20% lower to make commercial sense.
Gotham_City is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 17:07   #8475
BHPian

Quote:
I am in the market for a new compact SUV. Can someone tell me what max discounts I can get right now on Audi Q2 or Mercedes GLA in Mumbai. Or is it best to wait till Diwali or year end to get these.
Just in case you are comfortable with used Q2, there is one listed today at BBT premium plus 20/21 model, 1500 kms color: Blue
a4_attitude is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks