Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2021, 14:22   #8491
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Price hike for Thar might translate to more cancellations and reduced waiting periods. Upto 7% is a pretty steep hike and some buyers might want to pull out.

I am hoping Mahindra works in some upgrades along with the price action.
Cavityavenger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 14:24   #8492
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra price hike announced for entire product portfolio wef July 6, 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Mahindra price hike announced for entire product portfolio wef July 6, 2021

Outraging price hike for Mahindra Thar . Wasn't it already costly for what it offers ? Mahindra is really milking the popularity of Thar.
Quote:
Mahindra price hike announced for entire product portfolio wef July 6, 2021

Outraging price hike for Mahindra Thar . Wasn't it already costly for what it offers ? Mahindra is really milking the popularity of Thar.
Just have a look at the models targeted with the higher hikes:-

(1) Alturas - minimal as it is not a buyers favourite.

(2)Bolero - 22 K plus, its a bread and butter UV for the self employed and many orders are from the government and private sector. They will buy it out of compulsion.

(3) KUV 100 -2.6 K, they sell hardly 100-150 units per month and this hike could make M&M richer by a few lakhs only.

(4)Marazzo- 26 to 30 K, there are fewer buyers and maybe some look at alternatives.

(5) Scorpio - 27 to 37 K, also a good seller with its sibling Bolero and hence there will hardly be any perceptible effect. But a rider here, the new model cometh !

(6) Thar -32 K to 92 K, yes there are tens of thousands of bookings waiting to be delivered. The prospective owners will hopefully bear up with the hikes.

(7) XUV 300 3.6 K to 24 K, this one sells well and the lower variant price hike of 3.6 K could be a misprint. Was it 13.6 K to 24 K ? Maybe we get a clarification.

(8) XUV 500 - 3 K, hardly matters as the newer version will soon take over and discounts would be awaited soon one this OLD MUSCULAR LADY as was in the case of the Thar I, when it grew old.
Old 8th July 2021, 19:06   #8493
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Here is a discount advertisement by Honda in today’s Deccan Herald.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-e8b4b245092f45c7a7e4291baaebcd19.jpeg
Sahilrai166 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 23:05   #8494
BHPian

Actually the maximum hike (Rs 92000) is for the AT variants in both Petrol and Diesel.

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...lakh-27414.htm
Peaky_blinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 09:10   #8495
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting - the biggest increases have been on the Automatic Transmission variants - These now cost Rs. 1.5 lakhs more than the equivalent Manual variants. The top end LX Auto Diesel Hard Top will probably sell for close to the 19 lakh on-road price point in many states!

The pricing for the Auto variants was one of the interesting aspects at the time of launch, while competitors had priced their AT variants at 1.4 -2 lakhs above the MT variants, Mahindra charged only an 80K premium for an imported full-fledged high-torque-rated Aisin Torque Converter automatic. The logic was hard to follow at the time, expect possibly the explanation that M&M wanted to avoid sticker shock by limiting the highest price to below Rs. 14 lakhs. In comparison, Skoda is charging Rs. 1.4 lakh premium for the auto version of the 1.0 TSI equipped Kushaq over the manual. A much smaller engine and much lower peak torque in the Kushaq (175 NM versus 300 NM on the Thar, with the latter being able to take even higher torque in the range of 400 NM as it is also to be used in the Scorpio). M&M have justifiably increased this premium to 1.5 lakhs for the Petrol and 1.4 lakhs for the Diesel.

Another interesting aspect is the pricing of AX(O) variants. These have taken a steeper hike than the LX manual variants, which is inexplicable. Why would anyone buy an AX(O) petrol at 12.78 lakhs when they can get an LX for 13.38 lakhs? The strategy is clearly to strongly discourage AX(O), I wonder why they still offer this variant as I see no logical buyer opting for it, given the rich set of additional features you get in the LX for a small premium?

I do expect that at some point they will re-position the mStallion Petrol as a premium engine and price those variants above the Diesel - probably at the time of XUV launch? This will create room for the 1.5 mStallion equipped Thar, once the initial demand for the Thar Petrol has been skimmed at higher prices and a Thar Standard is re-introduced with the 1.5 petrol and possibly a 2WD transmission, below the Rs. 10 lakh mark.
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-capture.jpg  

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 9th July 2021 at 09:20.
84.monsoon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 11:08   #8496
BHPian

Could anyone confirm if there is a change in TCS from 1% to 5% effective 1st July 2021? SA is saying I can claim 4% back later.
Old 9th July 2021, 12:01   #8497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownkaiser View Post
Could anyone confirm if there is a change in TCS from 1% to 5% effective 1st July 2021? SA is saying I can claim 4% back later.
Attaching the price list for July with 5% TCS. Terms are mentioned below but then have not seen any other dealer mentioning 5% TCS.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PRICE LIST FOR THE MONTH OF JULY.pdf (1.01 MB, 314 views)
Old 9th July 2021, 12:01   #8498

Quote:
Considering average monthly sales of 500 for XUV5OO and 20 for Alturas, that's additional Rupees 16 lakh in Mahindra's pocket.
Considering 28% GST and 22% cess on both of these cars, 8 lakh out of 16 would go into the government's pocket
Old 9th July 2021, 12:08   #8499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
5% TCS ????

I don't think that's there. Or did I miss anything ? Tried quick google search, but didn't find any reference to the increase.

During initial phase of pandemic, TCS was reduced to 0.75% and sometime back it was restored to 1%. That's all I could remember.

Please re-check with your SA. By the way, which vehicle are you buying ?

Found this article dated 29-Jun-2021 :

Source : Economic Times

Quote:
New TDS/TCS regime from July 1 - are you ready?

Where the payee is found to have not satisfied the due diligence tests, the payer is required to deduct tax at higher punitive rates as specified in the law, which could be higher of twice the normal rate or 5%.
This seems more like penal clause, and not the regular transaction clause. I am not into law or tax matters, but my friend is also purchasing a vehicle and his SA has not said anything related to 5% TCS.

Last edited by AutoNoob : 9th July 2021 at 12:16. Reason: news article info added
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 12:12   #8500
BHPian

Quote:
5% TCS ????

I don't think that's there. Or did I miss anything ? Tried quick google search, but didn't find any reference to the increase.

During initial phase of pandemic, TCS was reduced to 0.75% and sometime back it was restored to 1%. That's all I could remember.

Please re-check with your SA. By the way, which vehicle are you buying ?
Thanks @AutoNoob. Even I couldn't find anything anywhere hence asking the gurus.

Regarding purchase, was just checking out XUV500. The W11 AT model is coming to 22.4 lakh after discounts and W9 AT at 20.9 lakhs. The Creta SX automatic petrol is coming to 19 lakhs and Kushaq top end at 19 lakhs, both with just 2 airbags so suddenly XUV 500 looked good.
brownkaiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 12:59   #8501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attaching the price list for July with 5% TCS. Terms are mentioned below but then have not seen any other dealer mentioning 5% TCS.
At the bottom of the price list, following is mentioned :

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-tcs-condition.jpg

So, it's clear that 5% is penal clause in absence of certain declaration. Please check with SA what Letter or Declaration is required. If you can submit such document, then there is no reason to charge 5% TCS.
AutoNoob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 14:30   #8502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Just have a look at the models targeted with the higher hikes:-

(1) Alturas - minimal as it is not a buyers favourite.

(2)Bolero - 22 K plus, its a bread and butter UV for the self employed and many orders are from the government and private sector. They will buy it out of compulsion.

(3) KUV 100 -2.6 K, they sell hardly 100-150 units per month and this hike could make M&M richer by a few lakhs only.

(4)Marazzo- 26 to 30 K, there are fewer buyers and maybe some look at alternatives.

(5) Scorpio - 27 to 37 K, also a good seller with its sibling Bolero and hence there will hardly be any perceptible effect. But a rider here, the new model cometh !

(6) Thar -32 K to 92 K, yes there are tens of thousands of bookings waiting to be delivered. The prospective owners will hopefully bear up with the hikes.

(7) XUV 300 3.6 K to 24 K, this one sells well and the lower variant price hike of 3.6 K could be a misprint. Was it 13.6 K to 24 K ? Maybe we get a clarification.

(8) XUV 500 - 3 K, hardly matters as the newer version will soon take over and discounts would be awaited soon one this OLD MUSCULAR LADY as was in the case of the Thar I, when it grew old.
How else were they planning to pay the new design team honchos?
Old 9th July 2021, 14:40   #8503
BHPian

Mahindra had told that they have 20k bookings in hand by November 2020. It was updated as 50k by April 2021.

They have barely dispatched close to 20k till June 2021. Whats happening with Mahindra? Now Bolero NEO & XUV7OO will come to product line. How Mahindra is going to manage all these?. Is Mahindra that incompetent in meeting supply-demand equation or they alone got stuck with chip crisis?
Btw, this is the third price hike for Thar in 2021. Thar being niche, Mahindra is playing with aspiration level of potential buyers, IMHO.
Old 9th July 2021, 16:14   #8504
Senior - BHPian

I had booked Thar in Jan 7th 2021 with a promise from Anant Cars Bangalore that they would try their best to deliver the Thar by April 2021 and worst case they said they would deliver by Jun2021. without any earlier intimation on 25th June I received a call that my delivery is getting delayed to earliest by Dec 2021. I cancelled the booking and now buying Ford Endeavour.
DieselFan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 18:18   #8505
Senior - BHPian

Immediate delivery and good offers on Ford cars in Bangalore (PPS Ford)

All,

The consultant who handled the sale of my Ford Endeavour just informed me that PPS Ford has good offers on Endeavour, Freestyle, and Aspire, along with immediate delivery for certain variants. Apparently, they have seen quite a few cancellations in wake of the second wave of Covid-19 and have inventory pile up. Good chance to wrangle a deal! PM me if you are interested, and I will pass the details on.

Cheers...
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks