Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2021, 18:25   #8506
BHPian

Re: Mahindra price hike announced for entire product portfolio wef July 6, 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post

Outraging price hike for Mahindra Thar . Wasn't it already costly for what it offers ? Mahindra is really milking the popularity of Thar.

I think all automobiles are about to receive a considerable price hike taking into account the ever increasing prices of metals (close to 50% increase in last 1 year), chip shortages, increasing energy costs & plastics. Like every raw material cost have increased considerably in the past year. I am surprised how come automobile manufacturers have not increased the prices much.
parth.jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 22:47   #8507
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
BMW india is to increase prices on some models from 1st July 21, by 3 percent, unsure if these would include entry level models or only the top end of the band.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Unfortunately (for prospect buyers), I can confirm that BMW has indeed raised prices of certain models such as 3 GL - by a whopping 1 lakh minimum. Good news that the regular wheelbase 3 hasn’t seen any such increase (yet). Of course 5 was just launched so no changes there. Didn’t check for the SUV range but prices must have gone up. Wait for a day or two for these details to be published in digital media.
Following the footsteps of MBIL, as expected BMW IN too has raised the prices of certain models. (This just doesn't stop! )

Prices of the X1, 2 series, and 3 GL have been increased this new quarter.

New Price List:

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-screenshot_20210709222630__01.jpg

Old Price List:

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-screenshot_20210709222636__01.jpg
sampadroy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 02:16   #8508
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

This is called milking the cow or when the iron is hot hit it hard. Thar is the flavour of season and has no competition so why not increase prices for no reason.

I hope price rise was associated with quality bump but alas that will not be so. Why cant Mahindra/Tata make high quality vehicle. What is so difficult about it, children in Germany can make better quality products.
Old 11th July 2021, 20:50   #8509

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
This is called milking the cow or when the iron is hot hit it hard. Thar is the flavour of season and has no competition so why not increase prices for no reason.

I hope price rise was associated with quality bump but alas that will not be so. Why cant Mahindra/Tata make high quality vehicle. What is so difficult about it, children in Germany can make better quality products.
The price of spot steel is up 300% YOY and looking at the demand forecasting of the thar I'm sure Mahindra have struggled with steel procurement so the 5% price increase isn't for no reason.

Further, not to justify poor QA but having interned at BMW in India, there's a world of a difference between the manufacturing in India vs Germany even within BMW. Western plants are significantly more automated and therefore QC is far more streamlined. The Indian internal market just doesn't justify that kind of Capex expenditure particularly when there are not too many indigenous automation firms at the cutting edge of the field.
Kc93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 16:20   #8510
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki hikes prices of the Swift & CNG models

Maruti Suzuki has increased the prices of its entire CNG range by up to Rs. 15,000. The carmaker has also hiked the prices of the Swift hatchback. The new prices will be applicable from July 12, 2021.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-swiftcolourpearlmetallicmidnightblue.jpg

The carmaker announced the latest price hike in a regulatory filing. The company has also confirmed that other models in its line-up will also get a price hike in the near future. The quantum of the hike will be announced at a later date.

According to the company, prices have been increased due to a rise in input costs. Last month, Maruti Suzuki had stated that it had become imperative for the company to pass on some impact of the additional cost to customers. This is the third time Maruti Suzuki has hiked prices this year. Previously, prices were increased in the month of January and April.
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 17:53   #8511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post
Following the footsteps of MBIL, as expected BMW IN too has raised the prices of certain models. (This just doesn't stop! )
Prices of the X1, 2 series, and 3 GL have been increased this new quarter.
Just looking at the fine print, prices of X1 have increased only by <1%, approx. 40,000 against the listed price of 42 lakhs for the X1 diesel variant, as example.
Not exactly a huge dent or a show-stopper in terms of the actual increase per se, I would say.

Its a different point that dishing out 42 big ones itself is ridiculous for this, and the extra state taxes anyway will tear more wallet space.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 20:55   #8512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Just looking at the fine print, prices of X1 have increased only by <1%, approx. 40,000 against the listed price of 42 lakhs for the X1 diesel variant, as example.
Not exactly a huge dent or a show-stopper in terms of the actual increase per se, I would say.
Sir, the price list comparison was between the June'21 (Q2) vs July'21 (Q3) prices. Taking the case of the X1 Diesel Variant, the April-June ex-showroom price was 42.6L and now the July-September ex-showroom price has become 43L, pretty sure we'll see another price hike here in the Q4 of this year.

The Q1 (Jan-March) ex-showroom price was 41.5L. Then it became 42.6L and now it's 43L.
You observed the only Rs 40,000 jump this new quarter but the reality of the story is that the Diesel X1 itself received a total price hike of 1.5L this year and it'll increase in Q4 too. Every quarter the prices are blatantly increased without any real justification, at all!

Now talking about last year, in December 2020 itself, the ex-showroom price of the Diesel X1 was 40.6L and when the X1 LCI was launched in India last year, the ex-showroom price of the very same Diesel X1 variant was 39.9L! So practically we have seen a total price hike of 3.1L in just a span of a year or so, for the same exact car, no changes at all, only sweet increase in price without any real justification. This is the real picture.

Also, the BMW X1 LCI range started at just 35.9L last year when it was launched and today the same range starts from 38.9L.

Sadly, the case is the same with the other BMW models too, more or less.
X1 LC1 Diesel Variant is just one out of them...

Quote:
Its a different point that dishing out 42 big ones itself is ridiculous for this, and the extra state taxes anyway will tear more wallet space.
Correct!
sampadroy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 18:22   #8513
Senior - BHPian

Rs. 40k discount on Tata Harrier Dark & Camo editions

Tata has announced exciting offers on the Harrier this month, which include benefits of up to Rs. 65,000.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-harrier-dark.jpg

Tata is offering an exchange bonus of Rs. 40,000 on the Harrier Dark and Camo editions along with the XZ+ and XZA+ trims. All other variants get an additional cash discount of Rs. 25,000. The diesel variants of the Nexon are available with an exchange bonus of Rs. 15,000.

Earlier this month, Tata Motors introduced the Dark editions of the Harrier and Nexon. The Harrier Dark is available in three variants - XT+, XZ+ and XZA+, while the Nexon Dark comes in XZ+, XZA+, XZ+(O) and XZA+(O) variants, with both, petrol and diesel engine options.

Similarly, a cash discount of Rs. 15,000 and an exchange bonus of Rs. 10,000 is being offered on the Tiago. Tigor customers can avail of benefits of up to Rs. 30,000.
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 19:40   #8514
BHPian

TATA seriously need to bring in the rear disc and electric hand brakes. The rear arch along with alloys looks empty with the current set up. 4x4 option would have been fantastic for our rural roads. During heavy rains, water logging is quite common in most of our cities. Are the rear drums really effective for these torque monsters if they are driven through 1-2 feet water ?
rahulskumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 14:04   #8515

hai all
iam getting an offer on used car-bmw 220d with 6500km, sportline at 41 lakhs. its a 2020 registered car, 2019 model. should i go for it. is it a good price..
Old 16th July 2021, 16:59   #8516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpkd View Post
hai all
iam getting an offer on used car-BMW 220d with 6500km, sportline at 41 lakhs. its a 2020 registered car, 2019 model. should I go for it. is it a good price..
It is 2 years old based on its manufacture date. A new one is about 41 L ex-showroom. Even though it has fewer miles, the depreciation should be in the range of 15-25%.

Again, depends on who you are buying from. If it's a dealer, negotiate harder, if it's a direct seller, figure out a reasonable price. Good luck.
Old 16th July 2021, 18:04   #8517
BHPian

Quote:
hai all
iam getting an offer on used car-bmw 220d with 6500km, sportline at 41 lakhs. its a 2020 registered car, 2019 model. should i go for it. is it a good price..
ABSOLUTELY NOT.

The registration year doesn't matter much, but the year of manufacture matters more.
The car is practically 2 years old and has already clocked 6500Kms on the ODO.
The 220d Sportline is currently priced at 41.2L ex-showroom (which is anyway overpriced). Given the year-end months and good stock availability, you'll be able to negotiate hard and buy a brand new 220d Sportline at around 41L OTR or so, in Nov-Dec.

A 2yrs old 220d car at 41L asking price is an absolute joke!
Please don't even think of buying the car at such a crazy price. Personally, I would look for a pre-owned, low run, 320d at this price! I wouldn't even think of paying more than 35/36L on a 2yrs old 220d (based on your location). The initial depreciation (first 3/4yrs or so) is very high on these luxury machines, something to be kept in mind too.
sampadroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 19:31   #8518
BHPian

Quote:
hai all
Is it 220d or 320d ? 2 series was launched only in October 2020. If its the 320d (current gen) , then it might be worth it at 40 lacs. A pretty decent deal it would be. If its the old gen 320d , then its heavily overpriced.
Old 18th July 2021, 07:27   #8519

I am extremely sorry. it was a typographical error and i got busy for 2 days. it was a 320 and not a 220. but i had to drop the deal. the car was due for service in march 2021. when i enquired in bmw here at kochi, they informed that the car would not get a warranty if something happens as the car wasn't serviced at time. I tried to get an excuse quoting covid issues, but they were not budging. Hence had to drop it. Again sorry for the typographical error
Old 20th July 2021, 16:06   #8520
MSJ
BHPian

Does anyone know what deals/Discounts are currently there on BMW 3 Series/ 3 Series GL?

A Known one received a quote of 56L For 3 Series Luxury Edition From Pune Dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks