Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2011, 16:02   #841
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hi All,

A Honda Dealer has offered me yesterday on the Honda Vity VMT (not exclusive version) a Cash Discount - Rs.65,000/-

Is it good enough or should we bargain for a better deal?

Cheers
Old 22nd July 2011, 16:32   #842
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsrahul View Post
Hi All,

A Honda Dealer has offered me yesterday on the Honda Vity VMT (not exclusive version) a Cash Discount - Rs.65,000/-

Cheers
More, more, more... This is the best time to squeeze Honda guys and get the best offer ever. I guess VMT doesn't have leather seat covers, so bargain for those and if you can manage, get the reverse parking sensors too. All the best!

BTW, what is the on-road price quoted to you?
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 17:00   #843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Cheers
Cash discount is OK. Other than cash discount do ask for some freebies like seat covers, body covers, and reverse sensor etcetera depending on your needs.

Please share the on-road price.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 17:45   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Cash discount is OK. Other than cash discount do ask for some freebies like seat covers, body covers, and reverse sensor etcetera depending on your needs.

Please share the on-road price.
Ex-showroom vashi - 8.65 lacs
Registration - 66550
Depot charges - 5500
Insurance - 24358
OTR = 961408/-
Less Cash discounts - 65000/-
Effective OTR for Honda City VMT (Manual) - Rs.8,96,408/- vashi registration
Old 22nd July 2011, 17:55   #845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Registration - 66550
Depot charges - 5500
Insurance - 24358
OTR = 961408/-
Thats a good price you are getting. But, IMO, you can still get some free accessories worth 8-10k easily. Get the reverse parking sensors and art leather seats, which should fit the bill aptly.
Old 22nd July 2011, 18:05   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Brilliant! No harm in trying. It may actually work
Ya I surely hope so, else seems like City is the only option left for me if it doesn't work.

Cheers
Old 22nd July 2011, 23:57   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
If I were you I'd take the offer from dealer 2. The side protectors are more imp than front films. My two cents
Yep, I agree. We actually finalized our deal today. Here is what we finalized on - got the deal from Dealer 2:

Dealer 2:

Original OTR Price: 9.39L [includes 2 year extended warranty/RSA]
Standard Discount: 50K
Additional Discount: 20K

Final OTR Price: 8.69L

Free Accessories:
Sun Film [Side and Back]. Dealer did not budge on Front films. We could have actually bought it but decided against it.
Side Protectors
Backup Sensor
Artificial Leather Seat covers
Side Step Garnish

We agreed to split the price on the bumper protectors, so we are paying him about 6K for this.

Final OTR price including accessories: 8.75L

Quote:
Registration - 66550
Depot charges - 5500
Insurance - 24358
OTR = 961408/-
Try to get some accessories. I think you can get about 20K worth of accessories from them. See my post for the accessories we got. Not sure if you will get the same kind of deal, but you should be able to get at least some of them.

The price/discount looks good though. That is what we were offered too before Dad worked his magic and got an additional 5K discount. Ours was for the SMT model though - not VMT.

Last edited by bblost : 25th July 2011 at 15:13. Reason: back to back posts.
Old 23rd July 2011, 02:56   #848
Senior - BHPian

Just read that the petrol version Vento is going with free insurance and free accessories worth 25k
City effect then?
Old 23rd July 2011, 03:24   #849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Just read that the petrol version Vento is going with free insurance and free accessories worth 25k
City effect then?
Seems the price between petrol and diesel fueled vehicles will keep increasing, based on demand and government taxes. The government would be very hard pressed to remove subsidy on diesel (or rather tax it more) so expect them to add levies to discourage use of diesel for private use and make some moolah.

We have had talks about registration charges for diesels increasing in Delhi. It may happen anytime.

So, if you are considering a Diesel, the time to go for it is NOW!

Last edited by Poitive : 23rd July 2011 at 03:26.
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2011, 14:21   #850
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe the discounts on the petrol models have been a result of low sales and I expect the petrol sales to come down. Unless the travel is quite less, petrol may not make much sense now.

Slightly OT
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
The government would be very hard pressed to remove subsidy on diesel (or rather tax it more) so expect them to add levies to discourage use of diesel for private use and make some moolah.
Actually there is a thread on "SIAM stand on diesel cars" and as per their findings, the private diesel cars in India constitute a very low ratio compared to the number of public diesel vehicles. Hence they have also reported that there is no point n removing the subsidy and government will not earn much from that move.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 23rd July 2011 at 14:23.
Old 23rd July 2011, 14:41   #851
Distinguished - BHPian

Any offers on the i10/i20/SX4 AT models, guys?

A friend of mine wants to buy one and is exploring AT options, because he has limited movement of one leg and it would be difficult for him to manage a MT car. His budget is 8L, and is willing to stretch it to around 60-75K further.

Ex-showroom of SX4 AT is about 8.7L right now, in CG.

I heard there is a 1L cash discount offer on the SX4, but my local Maruti dealer (Sky Automobiles) cannot confirm the same.

EDIT - The Hyundai guy called back a minute ago and offered to waive off insurance charges for the i10 Sports/Asta AT. No offer for the i20 Asta AT though.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 23rd July 2011 at 15:00.
Old 23rd July 2011, 19:52   #852
BHPian

Hi All,

One of my friends was planning to book a figo diesel zxi in Pune. The sales person from Talera Ford told him that Figo prices has been increased by Rs 3000. And some features have been omitted from the zxi version. They are electronic ORVM controls, rear defogger and rear viper.

Can anyone confirm about this or the sales person is trying to sell an exi model as zxi?

Thanks,
Rohan
Old 23rd July 2011, 20:12   #853

I'm being offered i10 Asta here in Hyderabad at a price of 5.84 lakhs with a discount of around 36k. Also getting freebies like seat cover, body cover, sun film, anti rust coating, Teflon coating, mud flaps and mats.
Old 23rd July 2011, 20:18   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alam86 View Post
Yep, I agree. We actually finalized our deal today. Here is what we finalized on - got the deal from Dealer 2:

Dealer 2:

Free Accessories:
Sun Film [Side and Back]. Dealer did not budge on Front films. We could have actually bought it but decided against it.
Side Protectors
Backup Sensor
Side Step Garnish

We agreed to split the price on the bumper protectors, so we are paying him about 6K for this.

Congrats, looking forward to seeing your detailed ownership post. Happy mile crunching
Old 24th July 2011, 00:00   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alam86 View Post

Dealer 2:

Free Accessories:
Side Protectors
Backup Sensor
Side Step Garnish

Thats a great final deal.

I need a favor from you. Could you please PM me a scanned or photographed official dealer's document that mentions your entire deal.

I want to send it to the dealer here to match it.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks