Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2021, 18:58   #8536
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors to hike prices

Slightly OT, but considering the way the car prices are creeping up, I don't think the Indian car sales will see any growth in the foreseeable future! If this trend continues, I expect an approx. 5-10% reduction in total sales YoY.
nitkel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 20:12   #8537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Tata motors seem to be planning for a third hike this year. While Tiago/Nexon prices were hiked in Jan, Altroz/Safari prices were hiked in May.

https://www.drivespark.com/four-whee...28-034662.html
Isnt Tata Motors consuming the steel produced by their sister concern Tata Steel?
Why is the steel price pinching them, of all people?
Old 29th July 2021, 20:58   #8538
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Isnt Tata Motors consuming the steel produced by their sister concern Tata Steel?
Why is the steel price pinching them, of all people?
If they are, why should Tata Steel sell at a lower price and reduce their profits ? Both are individual companies, even though part of the group. Both need to maintain their bottom line.

Does Samsung or Kawasaki do that for their products where they use raw material from their group companies ?
condor is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 21:08   #8539
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitkel View Post
Slightly OT, but considering the way the car prices are creeping up, I don't think the Indian car sales will see any growth in the foreseeable future! If this trend continues, I expect an approx. 5-10% reduction in total sales YoY.
Blame it on the absurd amount of taxes charged on automobiles !! The automobile sector which was showing upward trends few years back before slumping to abysmal lows for the last few years and then recovering somewhat due to the need for personal mobility courtesy-Covid. It will be back to the square one, what with talks of EV running wild and prices of petroleum products at an all time high and still climbing

About the thread, I suppose input costs have increased much to warrant the price rise as well as some sort of making hay while the sun shines on the Tata motors
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 23:09   #8540
Distinguished - BHPian

A Mercedes-Benz SA had told me just last week that he is expecting a price hike in Oct 2021.
Old 30th July 2021, 10:08   #8541
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Toyota has announced that it would increase the prices of the Innova Crysta by 2% from August 1, 2021.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-download-32.jpg

According to the company, prices are being hiked to partially offset the increase in input costs.

The Innova Crysta facelift was launched in November last year. The MPV is available in three variants - GX, VX and ZX.

The Innova Crysta comes with two engine options. These include a 2.4-litre diesel producing 148 HP and 360 Nm, as well as a 2.7-litre petrol unit that puts out 164 BHP and 245 Nm. Both engines come with a choice of a 5-speed manual and 6-speed automatic transmission.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 30th July 2021 at 10:11.
TusharK is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 10:30   #8542
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Toyota has announced that it would increase the prices of the Innova Crysta by 2% from August 1, 2021.
Price change/hike is the only constant for Toyota India. With such experience, their sales and marketing personnel can easily join any of the OMC's where price hike is a every day affair.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 10:40   #8543
BHPian

2% hike and count in an additional 1% in road taxes and other charges, resulting in a hike of around 40K easily. This makes an already expensive Crysta even more expensive.
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 10:46   #8544
BHPian

Has the Hyundai Alacazar and Tata Safari not been able to dent any volumes for Innova?
Sidban85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 10:56   #8545
BHPian

Hi Guys,

A friend wants to buy a 330i M Sport or a 340 X Drive and has asked me help in figuring out what kind fo discounts are available. From my understanding the 340 X Drive is sold out and the 330i M Sport generally doesn't see too much of a discount. He will be buying the car in Calcutta. Don't know if the location makes much of a difference. If it helps it can be bought in Bangalore or Bombay, transported and registered in WB too.

Appreciate any advice and insights you may have.
Old 30th July 2021, 12:18   #8546
BHPian

Toyota should skip a few price hike cycles to get Innova's pricing right. Its already overpriced for that shaking gear stick.

Toyota may not realise this yet. But with competitors now focusing on this segment (Hyundai Alcazar, Tata Safari, Mahindra XUV 700), Innova may not enjoy the solo status in this segment anymore.

Last edited by Horizon85 : 30th July 2021 at 12:19. Reason: Typp
Horizon85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 12:28   #8547
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Hi Guys,

A friend wants to buy a 330i M Sport or a 340 X Drive and has asked me help in figuring out what kind fo discounts are available.
I have the base 330i Sport and would strongly recommend the 340ix. Is the second batch also sold out? The 330 is great but the 340 is just mind-blowing.

As far as I know, neither BMW nor MB encourage registering in other areas, so best to check directly with the dealers in question.

Last edited by itwasntme : 30th July 2021 at 12:30.
Old 30th July 2021, 13:05   #8548
BANNED

How much more will TKML increase the price for Innova . Already they might be taking hefty margins. None of the OE's reduce the price when input costs go down.
Old 30th July 2021, 14:05   #8549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelneo View Post
How much more will TKML increase the price for Innova . Already they might be taking hefty margins. None of the OE's reduce the price when input costs go down.
Toyota is trying to compete with fund managers in showing return on investment on the Innova. We got our Crysta a little more than a year ago at 29L OTR in Bangalore. Now the same variant is 31L OTR and by this hike it would reach 31.5L for the top end ZX AT. With the omission of the 2.8L engine, this variant does look pretty overpriced to me. But the issue is there is no proper competition to what this car offers and while cars like the Alcazar or Hector or Safari offer a lot more features, the majority of customers of Innova or Fortuner buy it for the name it has created for itself owing to its positives which makes the negatives not taken seriously. The rest of the people who are open to trying out different products and brands would not get convinced with the Crystas pricing and would end up exploring outside of Toyota. But the customer base that still is retained through the last few years where the Innova evolved would stay until they end up with issues in the cars or it gets too boring. But by then the new generation Innova would have arrived and would start another round of price hikes and attract more customers with what it has to offer extra.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 14:38   #8550

I had decided to book an MG hector from MG Chembur dealership .

The entire experience has been one of bad taste

1. There are differences in pricing on what is displayed by MG and the Dealer for the same model . No explanation on why prices differ
2. Accessories are shown without GST and Labor.
3. You are forced to buy MG approved insurance at atrocious prices. you can’t get a quote minus insurance or your own insurance

A very Chinese approach from a Chinese brand . These people would not know how to be upfront and above board if those virtues were served to them on a blue plate with bernaise sauce .

I have dropped the idea of buying an MG .
redjeck is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks