Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2021, 21:08   #8566
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Last month, I had contacted 2 Honda dealerships to enquire about Amaze diesel CVT. Both of them didn’t have test drive cars for the diesel, neither of them were offering a very good deal (only 15-18k knocked off) and both of them quoted absurd waiting periods for the diesel variants. They claimed that Honda only makes diesel cars on order and dealers don’t stock them.
They told me that the reason for these moves is that nobody buys diesels nowadays.

This price rise seems to be in line with this attitude of deterring consumers from buying diesel cars. Earlier, the S CVT petrol was about 1.7 lakh rupees cheaper than the diesel. The price revision has further widened that gap to a whopping 2.55 lakhs! That makes the diesel 28% more expensive than the petrol, which is ridiculous for a compact sedan. To break even, you would need to drive almost 1.15 lakh kilometres. In Delhi-NCR, you would also have to factor in the lower life span of diesel cars, which become dead weight after 10 years.
Sanidhya mukund is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 02:31   #8567
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Just got to know that Hyundai has announced ANOTHER price hike for the Creta- the top model {SX(O) IVT} has become dearer by 16,100/-
The shameless thuggery continues!
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 08:27   #8568
Senior - BHPian

I think all OEMs will now try to make most of the pent up demand, which there obviously is in the market, before the next lull arrives depending on the pandemic phase/economic state.
fhdowntheline is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 09:55   #8569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
The shameless thuggery continues!
No offence, but it is not thuggery. Simple supply demand economics. Till people in droves keep buying it, Hyundai, or for that matter most brands, will keep raising prices.
achyutaghosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 10:41   #8570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
No offence, but it is not thuggery. Simple supply demand economics. Till people in droves keep buying it, Hyundai, or for that matter most brands, will keep raising prices.
I would attribute the repeated price hikes by OEMs to the surge in commodity prices across the board. Steel prices have sky rocketed, leading to a massive run in the Tata Steel stock price. Inflation is hitting people across the globe. Both soft (soya, sugar etc.) and hard commodities (base metals, precious metals etc.) have rallied hard in the previous 8-10 months. Typically (going by historic records) a commodity super cycle is ~3-5 yrs long. There will be high volatility and hence the price increase will not be a one way street. Regardless, not only auto sector, but white goods manufacturers have increased prices multiple times in the past few months.
kushagra452 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 11:56   #8571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I think all OEMs will now try to make most of the pent up demand, which there obviously is in the market, before the next lull arrives depending on the pandemic phase/economic state.
Doubt whether the third wave will be as much of an economic deterrent like the earlier ones. There's definitely some massive pent-up demand, considering the car bookings have picked up right since January onward. Leaving aside the usual reasons of input costs etc increasing, the OEMs are simply capitalising on a buoyant market sentiment. It's an appalling practice, but profits are the cornerstone of capitalism ultimately.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 16:14   #8572
BHPian

Looks like MG is following suit with a price hike, on the Hector & Gloster as well, 2 to 3 percent upwards, was informed by a sales rep at one of their locations here in Mumbai.
Old 4th August 2021, 19:02   #8573
BHPian

Getting 4 Lakhs discount quotation on 330i Sport. Will negotiate for a bit more. Is this a good discount worth going ahead with? Please provide your thoughts and advice.

Delivery will take 3 weeks post order. If I order in 2-4 weeks then that means delivery at end of Sep or 1st week of October which will be close to Dusshera.
Old 4th August 2021, 20:21   #8574
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTraveller View Post
Getting 4 Lakhs discount quotation on 330i Sport. Will negotiate for a bit more. Is this a good discount worth going ahead with? Please provide your thoughts and advice.

Delivery will take 3 weeks post order. If I order in 2-4 weeks then that means delivery at end of Sep or 1st week of October which will be close to Dusshera.
Definitely a worthwhile discount for a BLR dealer. It is near about what I received in June 2020 when there was plenty of stock with dealers & BMW. What are the colour combinations on offer currently?

Be mindful of the iDrive 6 to 7 change. Before paying, make sure your VIN denotes that it's a Sport with the latest iDrive 7 iteration.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 20:44   #8575
BHPian

Quote:

Is this 4L off on-road or ex-showroom? If it is latter then it seems like a good deal because they have much more room to discount on the insurance part.
CosmicWizard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 22:44   #8576

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5252rpm View Post
Got this as a WhatsApp forward. Can't believe the hike for Amaze and WRV . Its close to 1L. Seriously??
I think Honda is making space for Amaze CNG version by hiking The Diesel Version Price so much. Read somewhere that CNG version is undergoing testing.
Old 5th August 2021, 01:29   #8577
BHPian

Quote:
A respectable discount indeed, keeping in mind the current market situation, the high pent-up demand, and comparatively low stock availability, and that too from a BLR dealer.

Do check out with the dealer before going ahead because the MY2021 version of the 330i Sport is supposed to come with the iDrive 7 system and also the BMW Virtual Cockpit Professional. Better to get a confirmation regarding the same.

Now talking about the quotation, am guessing the 4L discount is on the ex-showroom price, pretty sure you'll be able to get a lac or more through hard haggling. Even after this, it still leaves room for more discounts through Insurance, Accessories, BSI/BRI Packs, and the other heads like corporate, etc. Just try to get the max out of the dealer because the festive season is anyway nearing and the stock availability situation is also improving. As time passes now, the discounts will only get higher and higher.
Currently, as per the whole scenario, I believe anything above 6/7L total discount is a good offer (ofc, one can negotiate for more!).

Quote:
Delivery will take 3 weeks post order. If I order in 2-4 weeks then that means delivery at end of Sep or 1st week of October which will be close to Dusshera
If that's the case and if not in a hurry, you may wait for the festive season too. Once you have made up your mind about the car then you have nothing to lose. In fact, you might end up saving a couple of lacs more by waiting for the "perfect" time to kick in.
Slowly but soon the market would lose the pent-up demand and the stock levels would rise too hence, leading to higher discounts, and then you have the festive season/CY End months to boost up the discounts further. Definitely no harm in waiting then!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxur...ml#post5116263 (Advice on buying a BMW 5-Series LCI)
If you decide to go ahead with the purchase, you may as well go through this thread before that. A dear BHPian recently was able to secure a good deal on the latest 5 LCI. Surely, it'll help you as well.

Last edited by sampadroy : 5th August 2021 at 01:37.
sampadroy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 16:59   #8578

Hyundai has also increased prices w.e.f 03-08-2021. Received below message from Dealer.
Good morning Sir / Ma'am,

Alert :

Hyundai Announces price Hike .

new price is effective from 03.08.2021. on all models

new price is Applicable to All Existing customers( already booked).

Observed around 64k increase in top end Creta.
Revised OTR rates Hyderabad.
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-dc48f96572a540dda3f118da4be22a5a.jpeg  

Futhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 18:19   #8579
BHPian

I was looking up for a good offer on Jeep Compass fully loaded model S manual diesel. Both dealers in BLR seem to not be ready to give up any discounts other than the basic accesories costing 20k. A ridiculous 20k offer on a 30L car!! Such are the times ��

Jeep seems to have started giving discounts on the longitude variant probably owing to unsold stocks but it is a 2 airbag variant with no real USP. Only if Jeep had priced the new compass sensibly, the whole drama of discount haggling would not be necessary at all!

Looks like my wait will continue until the festival season hopefully some discounts turn up then.

Any other BHPians who are in touch with Jeep dealers in Bangalore ?
suhas_raj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 23:09   #8580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas_raj View Post
I was looking up for a good offer on Jeep Compass fully loaded model S manual diesel. Both dealers in BLR seem to not be ready to give up any discounts other than the basic accesories costing 20k. A ridiculous 20k offer on a 30L car!! Such are the times ��

Jeep seems to have started giving discounts on the longitude variant probably owing to unsold stocks but it is a 2 airbag variant with no real USP. Only if Jeep had priced the new compass sensibly, the whole drama of discount haggling would not be necessary at all!

Looks like my wait will continue until the festival season hopefully some discounts turn up then.

Any other BHPians who are in touch with Jeep dealers in Bangalore ?
Similar experiece. I'm looking out for an Automatic Diesel and the response was not really pleasant. On-road 34Lakhs, but not ready to make an offer.

Alternatively, got to know that there are some great offers on XUV500. But not sure whether to go for it now, given its at the end of its life. But the XUV500 AT w11 has all the bells & whistles to keep the family in comfort over long journeys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks