Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2021, 11:58   #8626
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-screen-shot-20210824-11.55.59-am.png

This is the pro forma quote that I got when I inquired about the 330i. I am going to Infinity on Thursday to sit down and possibly close the deal. I definitely think there's room to negotiate. Any tips or advice on where I can press them for a better deal?
rbp25 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 12:35   #8627
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

What's the waiting period for cars/ SUVs in 15-25 lakhs price range. I'm more inclined towards Harrier/ Hector/ Compass Manul+Diesel. A Tucson would be a wonderful choice, but only an option IMO not a frontrunner.
Also, is there any remote possibility that Rav4 Hybrid is launched in next 1 year, so that I can defer my purchase for few months.
My Aspire is going strong at 1 lakhs kms. But the upgrade bug has caught me crazy. The waiting periods are too long these days (agonizing like the 70s IMO).
Thanks in advance
Old 24th August 2021, 12:46   #8628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
What's the waiting period for cars/ SUVs in 15-25 lakhs price range. I'm more inclined towards Harrier/ Hector/ Compass Manul+Diesel. A Tucson would be a wonderful choice, but only an option IMO not a frontrunner.
A colleague booked a Hector plus, and it will be delivered to him in second week of October.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 12:58   #8629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
A colleague booked a Hector plus, and it will be delivered to him in second week of October.
Thanks

There around 3 months waiting for Hector. Pricier options are available earlier as companies make more money. But anything over 5 seats is a sacrilege in my household. Hence, no Innova or Safari here.

Just to add on roads near my place are bad due to monsoons & heavy vehicular movement. Hence, sedans too are chucked out of contention.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 24th August 2021 at 13:00. Reason: Additional comments
Old 24th August 2021, 13:43   #8630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
Don't fall for that discount on insurance con. Their insurance quotes are super inflated anyway. This I suspect is because landmark also are into insurance sales.

You can get much more competitive rates directly from other providers than going with landmarks quotes on insurance.

This was a tactic they've used with the compass facelift right since launch. To make it worse, they have openly shown "documentation charges" with no clear explanation of what these "documentation" charges involve. That's another 20,000 if I'm not wrong.
I checked with couple of online insurers. They were also giving in the same range 75-80K.

out of 20K, 10K waived off on documentation charges.
Old 24th August 2021, 16:15   #8631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp25 View Post
Attachment 2197520

This is the pro forma quote that I got when I inquired about the 330i. I am going to Infinity on Thursday to sit down and possibly close the deal. I definitely think there's room to negotiate. Any tips or advice on where I can press them for a better deal?
The Ex showroom of 330i Sport has gone up to 44.9L unless they have old stock.

Which BMW car are you trading in? Do negotiate hard on the old car price, typically the exchange bonus + old car value will be equal to market rate.
sid_deb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 17:04   #8632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
The Ex showroom of 330i Sport has gone up to 44.9L unless they have old stock.

Which BMW car are you trading in? Do negotiate hard on the old car price, typically the exchange bonus + old car value will be equal to market rate.
I had a terrible sales person so I wouldn’t be surprised it was a mistake. She even mentioned the Sport doesn’t come with the updated infotainment which I had to correct her about. We’re coordinating with her manager now.

It’s a 2013 manufactured and 2014 Jan registered 320d base model with 70k kms on it. We were initially quoted 8.35L before incentive which was then pushed to 8.65L. Definitely think there’s room to negotiate on my car price as well as the discount on the 330i. Maybe the gap can be bridged in additional ex showroom discount?
Old 24th August 2021, 19:17   #8633
BHPian

I have been offered a discount of Rs. 2.5 Lacs off on a new Skoda Superb. Whether Sportline or L&K, does any one have any idea of higher discounts ? This includes the margin they have on Insurance, etc.
Old 25th August 2021, 02:02   #8634

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
I have been offered a discount of Rs. 2.5 Lacs off on a new Skoda Superb. Whether Sportline or L&K, does any one have any idea of higher discounts ? This includes the margin they have on Insurance, etc.
If you can wait till the year end, you can squeeze in much higher discounts on the Superb to the tune of 5-7 lacs on the ex-showroom.

At least, that’s what they were offering last year when we got the Superb.
yoakki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 12:00   #8635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Which dealership was it?
I had casually inquired with the sales rep of Dr. Auto in July. This sales person worked for autobahn skoda (now shut down) and has now joined Dr. Auto.
He offered 2.75 L off the L&K over a single phone call and I thought there is room for more negotiations. If you want I can share his number with you.
Old 25th August 2021, 17:18   #8636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
He offered 2.75 L off the L&K
I got a quote of 2.5 off from a Gujarat based dealer as I want to register it there. I have a base in MH and GJ so I am open to either dealers. If any one has a contact or knowledge of better deal please kindly share. Thanks. And yes I can wait till year end.
Old 25th August 2021, 22:46   #8637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp25 View Post

I got a similar on road discount in Bangalore. Booked 2 weeks back with a promised delivery in 1st week Oct. Please do let me know what delivery date is being assured? They apparently have zero stock per my dealer.
FamilyTraveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 22:51   #8638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabkaraja View Post
I checked with couple of online insurers. They were also giving in the same range 75-80K.

out of 20K, 10K waived off on documentation charges.
Right so that's exactly the point. The insurance amount was inflated always from the start. By offering a so called "discount" there really is none.. Because you only arrive at the actual insurance amount.. you could still get a competitive quote from other companies.. but essentially what Jeep/Landmark is doing is just packaging it as a discount.

The 20,000/- documentation firstly shouldn't be paid at all if I'm not wrong.. we all have a fair idea what it actually is? Also if I recall correctly it was 10,000/- first.. So again.. no real discount here.

Essentially, nothing.
Old 26th August 2021, 09:58   #8639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTraveller View Post
I got a similar on road discount in Bangalore. Booked 2 weeks back with a promised delivery in 1st week Oct. Please do let me know what delivery date is being assured? They apparently have zero stock per my dealer.
When I spoke to the Infinity dealer this week setting up a meeting for today they did tell me they were out of stock for the 330i Sport. I will be going to the dealership today to possibly close on a 330i M Sport. Will update you on how my meeting goes this evening.
rbp25 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 14:03   #8640
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki to hike prices for the third time in 2021

Maruti Suzuki is set to increase the prices of its models in September 2021. This will be the third price hike in a span of just 8 months.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-silkysilver_luhuttdzu.jpg

According to a statement released by the company, rising input costs have adversely affected the cost of its vehicles. Hence, it has become imperative to pass on some impact of the additional cost to the customers through a price rise.

Maruti Suzuki had raised the prices of its models in January by up to Rs. 34,000. The second price hike came in April this year. The carmaker had announced a 1.6% weighted average increase in ex-showroom prices across models back then. The quantum of the latest price hike is yet to be announced.
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks