Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2011, 01:30   #856
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Welcome to the community alam. If it ain't at
Just check what sun film is being offered V-Kool, 3M. I slightly agree with the dealer that front film is not required (thought reasons may be different) as AHNC is known for poor stock head lights. Unless you plan to upgrade stock headlights driving at night might be an issue with the films. Ask dealer 1 to throw the car cover.

Good luck and happy hunting.
I finally spoke to our sales person last night. We are actually getting Llumar Sun film. Is that bad? He said they don't carry 3M - only Llumar. Reading about it online, it seems like a pretty good film too and
costs about the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Congrats, looking forward to seeing your detailed ownership post. Happy mile crunching
Thank you. I hope I get to do a report. Dad will be taking the delivery on Aug 7 and I may not be able to drive it until the end of October :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Thats a great final deal.

I need a favor from you. Could you please PM me a scanned or photographed official dealer's document that mentions your entire deal.

I want to send it to the dealer here to match it.

Cheers
I actually did ask him to email me the quote and he said for this particular deal he cannot do it. He did show Dad everything written down in our file but refused to give us a copy. Is that normal? Should I be worried we won't get everything promised?

I can give you his contact information if you need it [although not sure how I'll do it - I don't have access to PM yet].

I also read somewhere on T-BHP that the 50K discount offer is going to last only until July 26. Not sure if that is true. I'm guessing if they still have a lot of stock they want to clear, there may be more discounts or at least similar discounts next month.
Old 24th July 2011, 14:54   #857
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by alam86 View Post
I actually did ask him to email me the quote and he said for this particular deal he cannot do it. He did show Dad everything written down in our file but refused to give us a copy. Is that normal? Should I be worried we won't get everything promised?

I can give you his contact information if you need it [although not sure how I'll do it - I don't have access to PM yet].

I also read somewhere on T-BHP that the 50K discount offer is going to last only until July 26. Not sure if that is true. I'm guessing if they still have a lot of stock they want to clear, there may be more discounts or at least similar discounts next month.
I think they should have given you one copy of the deal. If not email then atleast on their company letterhead. I think your dad should push for that, else you never know if they go back on any of the things they have offered.

Do let us know if you dad could get yourself a copy.

The discounts will depend on how much stock they have and what are their sales targets.

Frankly in the current situation, the only reason to buy a city is the discounts. The competition have way better appointed cars. I mean the interiors of the city are dated for crying out loud. The exteriors are fine but finally we gotta sit inside.

Cheers
Old 24th July 2011, 18:46   #858
BHPian

I have also been thinking of choosing between City S-MT or Verna 1.6 VTVT SX. Had been to Dakshin Honda, Bangalore couple of days back. Seems they have only White E-MT's , and that too very limited number. Is Honda winding up the E-MT variant?

The S-MT comes to about 10.08 OTR. He will offer 15k corporate discount, 24k 1st year insurance free, and some accessories . Regarding the accessories, i haven't negotiated with him yet. So considering all this , a discount of maybe 50k would be offered. Waiting period is only 2 weeks.

And regarding the Verna 1.6 SX Petrol, discounts are nil , even the mats we have to buy. It comes to about 10.10 OTR. Waiting period is 6 weeks.

Any clue about when the facelifted City might be out? I am still in a dilemma which car to go for , the City with the discount or the Verna without any kind of freebies/discount. Except the seat comfort and claustrophobic kind of feeling at the back,i found Verna to be a not so bad car. I know you cant compare it with the refinement City offers. But overall, found it to be a good car to drive around in the city.

So guys, help me out with your opinions please.
Old 24th July 2011, 19:15   #859
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Between the city and verna- the interiors and feature set is far better in the verna, but verna cannot match the pure superior engineering of a honda. It all depends on what's most imp to you- feeling great looking at the inside or the driving pleasure. Another imp factor is how many times u have a full load, cause rear seat comfort is amazing in the city.
For those who are asking a letter etc from the dealer for freebies: dealers are not allowed to offer stuff to attract people to them as the company binds them with rules. That way the co keeps a control and things don't go out of hand. If they give u a proof they risk facing actions. Dealers do not go back on what they claim, get a hand written doc from the sales guy
Old 24th July 2011, 19:52   #860
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alam86 View Post
I finally spoke to our sales person last night. We are actually getting Llumar Sun film. Is that bad? He said they don't carry 3M - only Llumar. Reading about it online, it seems like a pretty good film too andcosts about the same.
Is it being given free of cost? 3M as a brand and product is better than Llumar which in turn is better than Garware. Ofcourse V Kool is the BEST of the lot.

If its free, then I don't think you can do much about it. But if you are planning to pay for it, I would say please don't go for it. Dealership install will be expensive than after market and in fact you can go for better product for a better price if you go after-market.
Old 24th July 2011, 20:10   #861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab
Just read that the petrol version Vento is going with free insurance and free accessories worth 25k
City effect then?
For Vento AT in bangalore they offered free insurance, interest at 6.99 percent and free sensor and sun films at Volkswagen palace cross.
Old 24th July 2011, 20:12   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi
Any offers on the i10/i20/SX4 AT models, guys?

A friend of mine wants to buy one and is exploring AT options, because he has limited movement of one leg and it would be difficult for him to manage a MT car. His budget is 8L, and is willing to stretch it to around 60-75K further.

Ex-showroom of SX4 AT is about 8.7L right now, in CG.

I heard there is a 1L cash discount offer on the SX4, but my local Maruti dealer (Sky Automobiles) cannot confirm the same.

EDIT - The Hyundai guy called back a minute ago and offered to waive off insurance charges for the i10 Sports/Asta AT. No offer for the i20 Asta AT though.
Please check the ownership thread for a report from Mr Raj. He has mentioned special discount and tax benefits for physically challenged people. He got a ANHC AT for 8L or so.
Old 25th July 2011, 03:28   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Is it being given free of cost? 3M as a brand and product is better than Llumar which in turn is better than Garware. Ofcourse V Kool is the BEST of the lot.

If its free, then I don't think you can do much about it. But if you are planning to pay for it, I would say please don't go for it. Dealership install will be expensive than after market and in fact you can go for better product for a better price if you go after-market.
Yes, it is free of cost - part of free accessories. Will hopefully do its job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
I have also been thinking of choosing between City S-MT or Verna 1.6 VTVT SX. Had been to Dakshin Honda, Bangalore couple of days back. Seems they have only White E-MT's , and that too very limited number. Is Honda winding up the E-MT variant?

The S-MT comes to about 10.08 OTR. He will offer 15k corporate discount, 24k 1st year insurance free, and some accessories . Regarding the accessories, i haven't negotiated with him yet. So considering all this , a discount of maybe 50k would be offered. Waiting period is only 2 weeks.

And regarding the Verna 1.6 SX Petrol, discounts are nil , even the mats we have to buy. It comes to about 10.10 OTR. Waiting period is 6 weeks.

Any clue about when the facelifted City might be out? I am still in a dilemma which car to go for , the City with the discount or the Verna without any kind of freebies/discount. Except the seat comfort and claustrophobic kind of feeling at the back,i found Verna to be a not so bad car. I know you cant compare it with the refinement City offers. But overall, found it to be a good car to drive around in the city.

So guys, help me out with your opinions please.
For the City, is the free insurance/corporate discount apart from the standard 50K discount that is being offered? If that is the case, it sounds like a pretty good deal. If not - you may be able to get more discount/accessories. Good luck!
Old 25th July 2011, 09:49   #864
Senior - BHPian

Its a given, if the dealer gives you a fantastic deal he will not give you anything in writing. No mention about the price not even the accessories promised.
But as Alam rightly said, its all written down in front of you in your file.
Our sales rep did the same for us.
But he did give all that was promised. Right down to the full body cover. So they do not go back on their words. Just make sure you read everything in the file and all discounts and freebies are mentioned clearly.

Coming to the sunfilm llumar is a good brand. And will.serve you well.

About the verna vs City. Though the Verna is fantastic vfm. It loses out on certain aspects which may be important to an individual. The lack of rear seat space will be an issue for some. And if you Live to Drive then the verna is not going to excite you on those twisties, with the disconnected steering and not so sorted handling.

I also forgot to mention that the deal for vento that i had read about, mentioned that some dealers were willing to offer more by way of cash if you do not opt for free accessories. And this may be good for another 25K.
Old 25th July 2011, 12:03   #865
BHPian

a-star space jam edition, I have seen the stickering in flesh, wondering who would be the target buyers.
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-clipboard01.jpg  

Old 25th July 2011, 12:33   #866
Senior - BHPian

I saw a bunch of A-star's on FC road yesterday.
And all of these colours were present.
Would only buy such a radical design if my kid was buying their first car and zeroed in on the A-star. Else not my cuppa tea.

Yesterday's paper mentions, some great deals on Honda Accord and Civic to be had. It doesn't mention the offer though, and asks you to call up.

Am heading to the dealer today, to get the ducktail spoiler and door side protectors fitted, so will be asking around for the best deals on practically all Honda's
Old 25th July 2011, 12:43   #867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Its a given, if the dealer gives you a fantastic deal he will not give you anything in writing. No mention about the price not even the accessories promised.
But as Alam rightly said, its all written down in front of you in your file.
Our sales rep did the same for us.
But he did give all that was promised. Right down to the full body cover. So they do not go back on their words. Just make sure you read everything in the file and all discounts and freebies are mentioned clearly.

Coming to the sunfilm llumar is a good brand. And will.serve you well.

About the verna vs City. Though the Verna is fantastic vfm. It loses out on certain aspects which may be important to an individual. The lack of rear seat space will be an issue for some. And if you Live to Drive then the verna is not going to excite you on those twisties, with the disconnected steering and not so sorted handling.

I also forgot to mention that the deal for vento that i had read about, mentioned that some dealers were willing to offer more by way of cash if you do not opt for free accessories. And this may be good for another 25K.
Thank you mdsaab! This makes me breathe a lot easier now . When I spoke to our salesperson - he did seem genuine and Dad confirmed [yesterday and again today] that everything was written down in our file.
Exactly 2 weeks to go before we get the delivery. We're supposed to get our VIN number today/tomorrow. Will check the manufacture date and post it here.
Old 25th July 2011, 14:03   #868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alam86

Thank you mdsaab! This makes me breathe a lot easier now . When I spoke to our salesperson - he did seem genuine and Dad confirmed [yesterday and again today] that everything was written down in our file.
Exactly 2 weeks to go before we get the delivery. We're supposed to get our VIN number today/tomorrow. Will check the manufacture date and post it here.
Do visit wildons fantastic VIN decoder thread. Has he ordered a fresh vehicle for you. Or is it one from the stockyard. If from the stockyard then it is probably going to be a Feb or April example.
Old 25th July 2011, 14:38   #869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
I saw a bunch of A-star's on FC road yesterday.
And all of these colours were present.
Would only buy such a radical design if my kid was buying their first car and zeroed in on the A-star. Else not my cuppa tea.

Yesterday's paper mentions, some great deals on Honda Accord and Civic to be had. It doesn't mention the offer though, and asks you to call up.

Am heading to the dealer today, to get the ducktail spoiler and door side protectors fitted, so will be asking around for the best deals on practically all Honda's
Awesome, will await any new info from you on the Honda deals.

Btw just got an sms from VW about some more offers on the petrol vento and polo. Have asked them to call me up and update.

Cheers

Cheers
Old 25th July 2011, 15:43   #870
Team-BHP Support

There's a special offer on the Nano for TCSers. Cash discount of
Rs. 15k on Standard
Rs. 25k on CX
Rs. 25k on LX

Apart from this, there are things like the Nano will be a Limited Edition, signed by Ratan Tata, home delivery etc.

Offer valid till 1st August.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks