Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2021, 12:31   #8701
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Rs. 2.56 lakh discount on the Mahindra XUV500

Mahindra has announced massive discounts of up to Rs. 2.56 lakh on select models this festive season.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-xuv500_featured01.jpg

The carmaker is offering a cash discount of Rs. 1.80 lakh on the XUV500. Additionally, there is an exchange bonus of Rs. 50,000, a corporate discount of Rs. 6,500 and other savings worth Rs. 20,000. This offer is valid on the top-spec W11 trim. The cash discount on the W7 and W9 variants is Rs. 1.28 lakh.

The XUV300 is being offered with total benefits of up to Rs. 44,000. This includes a cash discount of Rs. 15,000, exchange bonus of Rs. 20,000, a corporate discount of Rs. 4,000 and other benefits worth Rs. 5,000.

Mahindra is offering benefits of up to Rs. 19,000 on the Scorpio. The discounts on the KUV100 NXT and Bolero are Rs. 41,055 and Rs. 9,550, respectively. Similarly, the Mahindra Marazzo and Alturas also get benefits of up to Rs. 25,200 and Rs. 31,500, respectively.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 13th September 2021 at 12:33.
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 17:18   #8702
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Anyone managed to get any offer on the current C class petrol? I was offered one for ~ 52L in mumbai. Given that the new one is a few months away and will easily be around 65, I am trying to see if I can get the current one for < 50.
Am bit of a merc fan boy, having had an awesome ownership experience with the CLA, so I don’t mind the outgoing model for the right price.
arpandiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 11:54   #8703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
Anyone managed to get any offer on the current C class petrol? I was offered one for ~ 52L in mumbai. Given that the new one is a few months away and will easily be around 65, I am trying to see if I can get the current one for < 50.
Am bit of a merc fan boy, having had an awesome ownership experience with the CLA, so I don’t mind the outgoing model for the right price.
Guess its going to be a wait game for you and the dealer. As you get closer to the launch date the more concerned the dealer will be to dispose off the existing stock.

And once the launch is done any existing stock will sell at a price lower than one offerred today.
Old 15th September 2021, 17:11   #8704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
I have booked Q2 Technology Trim for 32L Ex Showroom. Initially finalized Premium variant for 28L Ex Showroom, but then decided to upgrade to Technology. Will get complimentary mats and Car Cover as well.
Here in Hyderabad, the maximum discount on offer is 5.5L on ex-showroom prices. If anyone from Hyderabad got a good deal on Q2, kindly post here. I am in touch with Sales Manager- Shyam Kumar- Audi Hyderabad.

Also, how does it work, if we buy one in Gurgaon/Delhi and register it in Hyderabad. I am not sure if this is possible. Audi Hyderabad says that they don't extend the service to the cars bought from outside of Hyderabad. Did anyone experience this? Wonder if it is a policy of Audi India.
Old 15th September 2021, 17:34   #8705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreddyhere View Post
Also, how does it work, if we buy one in Gurgaon/Delhi and register it in Hyderabad. I am not sure if this is possible. Audi Hyderabad says that they don't extend the service to the cars bought from outside of Hyderabad. Did anyone experience this? Wonder if it is a policy of Audi India.
I'm pretty sure Audi is a normal brand as such

There's no way in which the dealer will not entertain your service requests. Don't people who own Audis bought in Delhi/Mumbai etc, service their cars? It's just sales speak to ensure you buy from them.

Buying a car in one state works perfectly fine, only that you've to get the car transported on a carrier to Hyderabad since you can't use it without registration. Search for DBHPian Karan561's BMW 328i delivery thread. He clearly mentions how he got the car shipped from Kerela or somewhere IIRC.
akash_v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 09:40   #8706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
I'm pretty sure Audi is a normal brand as such

There's no way in which the dealer will not entertain your service requests. Don't people who own Audis bought in Delhi/Mumbai etc, service their cars? It's just sales speak to ensure you buy from them.

Buying a car in one state works perfectly fine, only that you've to get the car transported on a carrier to Hyderabad since you can't use it without registration. Search for DBHPian Karan561's BMW 328i delivery thread. He clearly mentions how he got the car shipped from Kerela or somewhere IIRC.
It is a very common thing here in Delhi. People buy cars in Delhi/Haryana and then get them registered in Chandigarh or Uttarakhand where the road tax is sane.

You either wait for the registration formalities to be completed, or take a temporary registration that allows you a month or so to get a permanent one. Travel to your destination and pay the taxes and register your vehicle.

You can travel all over India witha valid temporary registration number.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 10:47   #8707
BHPian

Quote:
Here in Hyderabad, the maximum discount on offer is 5.5L on ex-showroom prices. If anyone from Hyderabad got a good deal on Q2, kindly post here. I am in touch with Sales Manager- Shyam Kumar- Audi Hyderabad.

I can hear you. Have tried the same and learned, it won’t work. Reason is that even if you are able to buy car from Delhi, discount offered to in state vs outside state customers will vary. Your billing address is important. If you can manage one, example a registered company in that state then it is straight forward.

This policy by all luxury brands of not allowing a dealership to sell goods outside the designated area goes against anti competitive measures. As a customer you are not able to get best deal.

Audi Hyderabad is it a category A or B dealer? Discount that a particular category dealer can offer also vary based on this.

Discount offers at Audi Hyderabad or not on par with Mumbai or Delhi both for Q2 and A4. Even Skoda doesn’t match with these states.

I am not sure on what basis Audi can deny service or even warranty claims. Suppose I have bought a vehicle in Hyderabad tomorrow due to change in job profile has to move to Bangalore, so does it mean service center at Bangalore will not service car? Not aware of such a case yet, else so many premium cars with CH, DL, WB, JH registration plates will not be plying on Hyderabad roads. Get this in writing.

Atleast you got a quote from sales manager. I had conversations with the same guy and when it comes to giving a initial quote, he keeps dragging feet and insist on visiting showroom.

My pre sales experience has been sub par till now with Audi.
CircleOfLife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 19:48   #8708
BHPian

Got a WhatsApp message from Pride Jeep guys today claiming that they are offering the discounts of around 75k on ex-showroom price of Longitude version whereas no discounts on Limited version as far as I heard.

XUV700 effect?
car_guy1998 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 14:23   #8709

Quote:
Audi is running an Ex-Showroom = On Road Price campaign for Q2 across all variants. So that should be your starting point for any negotiation. Audi India pays retail support to dealers for the difference so the dealer isn't offering you any "discount" per se and one should start the process of offers & counter offers from there.
smokyace is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 22:45   #8710
BHPian

Audi Surat is offering the Q2 at a discount of 9-13 lacs off depending on the variant if anyone is interested just sharing the information. This discount is valid till end of this month.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 22:34   #8711
BHPian

Hey folks, I am in the market for a new car and strongly considering the BMW 530i.

Now the issue I’m facing is that discounts are at an all time low and the OTR price in Gurgaon is coming out to be 72L. The dealer is talking about discounts barely stretching to 3L.

Also there is news that next month prices will rise by 4% which would mean an increase of 2.5 lakhs plus registration and insurance related impact. Added to this is the fact that BMW has just removed Laser lights from the 5 series (read online that such feature reductions are happening due to chip crisis). Don’t feel like paying much more for an inferior vehicle.

The dealer on the other hand is chasing up saying that due to supply being below demand there will not be good deals during festive season and it’s better to buy now.

I’m finding this quite confusing given this is my first purchase in this segment. Would appreciate guidance from more experienced Bhpians on this. Is it worth waiting until next month for discounts or should I pull the trigger this month itself?

Note to Mods: this is a repeat post from the what car section. Please feel free to delete one of these as I wasn’t sure many people would be able to see that thread.
mayjay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 00:10   #8712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The carmaker is offering a cash discount of Rs. 1.80 lakh on the XUV500. Additionally, there is an exchange bonus of Rs. 50,000, a corporate discount of Rs. 6,500 and other savings worth Rs. 20,000. This offer is valid on the top-spec W11 trim. The cash discount on the W7 and W9 variants is Rs. 1.28 lakh.
Even with these significant discounts, the XUV700 might turn out to be the better deal, simply because it's priced and specced so well. I have been offered a W9AT with 1.5 lacs off (1.3 lacs cash + 20K accessories) + 50K exchange bonus, and a 6.5K corporate offer. Spec for spec, the AX5 is more than a match for the W9, and the 700 would also hold it's value better when you decide to upgrade. AX5 petrol is confirmed at 14.99 lacs. Add 0.5 lacs for diesel and 1.25 lacs for AT, and you have an estimated price of 16.74 lacs Ex showroom approx. Let's round it up to 17 lacs...

Here's the invoice I got for the W9 AT in Kerala, where we have about 16% tax for 15-20 lac bracket.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-xuv-w9-invoice.jpg

Notice how they take off the discount from OTR price rather than the ex showroom price, which means you pay tax, cess and insurance based on the ex showroom price of 18.66 lacs. Even if you factor in BH registration savings and the 1.5 lacs discount, you're still getting a better deal in the XUV700.

I decided to wait it out and look at the actual pricing for the XUV700. Heck, I don't even need most of the frills the AX5 has, and would be satisfied with the MX AT, if there is one. Or, XUV500 prices will drop even further once the correct pricing is in. I'm guessing the latest leaks showing AT variants on all levels hasn't made it easier to push off the remaining 500s off the lots.
vivekgk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 10:04   #8713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post

Notice how they take off the discount from OTR price rather than the ex showroom price, which means you pay tax, cess and insurance based on the ex showroom price of 18.66 lacs.
A little off topic, but this is the way it has to be done. Anything other than this is ideally considered to be illegal!
RaghuVis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 17:29   #8714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
A little off topic, but this is the way it has to be done. Anything other than this is ideally considered to be illegal!
OFF-Topic to OFF-Topic (MODS, please remove if you feel like). Road tax ideally should be by the weight of the vehicle and not variant. Top end variants end up paying a lot of money on road tax for the gadgets, software and and not the vehicle. I wish I could just fit everything to company spec on the base variant.
xrules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 20:10   #8715
BHPian

Is there any discount on the Maruti XL6 Alpha AT? Someone known to me is planning to pick up the XL6 (HYD) in a day or two.

Most Viewed