Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2021, 02:18   #8716
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrules View Post
OFF-Topic to OFF-Topic (MODS, please remove if you feel like). Road tax ideally should be by the weight of the vehicle and not variant. Top end variants end up paying a lot of money on road tax for the gadgets, software and and not the vehicle. I wish I could just fit everything to company spec on the base variant.
I agree. Why not have one base variant and option packs for the rest? That way, the ex showroom price remains the same, and you don't end up paying the state road tax for opting for climate control, 4 more speakers, LED headlamps etc on your car.

I'm glad that the BH registration is stopping states from this 'life tax' dacoity, which I felt has been a tool to fleece private car buyers who have the 'audacity' to buy a car. Not to mention the sheer arrogance of tax over tax.

A Safari XTA, which costs 20.09 lacs ex showroom attracts a road tax of 4.53 lacs, including the 1% TCS. The ex showroom price is with 50% GST, which means the actual cost of the vehicle is 10.05 lacs, and you're actually paying 14.5 lacs as tax..

Last edited by vivekgk : 21st September 2021 at 02:35.
vivekgk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 14:05   #8717
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

As Skoda is also set to raise prices across the segment of vehicles, can anyone share what are the discounts on Octavia & Superb in respective cities.
Old 21st September 2021, 15:07   #8718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post

A Safari XTA, which costs 20.09 lacs ex showroom attracts a road tax of 4.53 lacs, including the 1% TCS. The ex showroom price is with 50% GST, which means the actual cost of the vehicle is 10.05 lacs, and you're actually paying 14.5 lacs as tax..
and then you pay ~60% tax on fuel to run it and if you want to run it on proper roads you pay highway/expressway toll
the pony is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 17:19   #8719
k0p
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreddyhere View Post
Here in Hyderabad, the maximum discount on offer is 5.5L on ex-showroom prices.
=====
Did anyone experience this? Wonder if it is a policy of Audi India.
Lol! Audi Hyderabad discounts are a joke. They seem to be happy with Q8 sales and the margins they make on it. Was quoted 42 for Q2's highest variant and 65 for the A6. Happy to skip both at that price point.
Old 21st September 2021, 17:41   #8720
k0p
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
A little off topic, but this is the way it has to be done. Anything other than this is ideally considered to be illegal!
Sorry for continuing the off-topic posts

Not according to this news article

https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...buyer/1171205/

States that road tax is only to be levied on invoice price and not ex-showroom value. Few more instances of this even in 2019. Dealers still bill it like that because the RTA won't budge.
Old 21st September 2021, 17:42   #8721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
It's actually 28% GST plus 22% Cess.

Last edited by ADI7YAK : 21st September 2021 at 17:45.
Old 21st September 2021, 21:15   #8722
BHPian

Dzire Vxi AT

Cash Discount 10k across all dealers.

Additional accessories worth 14k free.

Loan Interest rate: 7.6%

City: Mumbai
goenkakushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 23:18   #8723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADI7YAK View Post
It's actually 28% GST plus 22% Cess.
28+22=50, which is what the buyer ends up paying, right, It doesn't matter if it's cess or tax, it's all going in the same bucket.

Here's the breakup for different segments, which would be useful in calculating the pre-GST pricing for BH registration road tax.
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-vehicle-gst.jpg
vivekgk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 10:50   #8724

Bolero Neo gets its first price hike of Rs. 30,000 across all variants... Have they even delivered any N10 Optional variant at the original launch price??
Scorpio and Marazzo specific variants have also received price hike.

Link to news article:

https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...217731206.html
sidewinder_sk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 20:46   #8725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
I have booked Q2 Technology Trim for 32L Ex Showroom. Initially finalized Premium variant for 28L Ex Showroom, but then decided to upgrade to Technology. Will get complimentary mats and Car Cover as well.
Well reading your post made me rush out to the Audi Gurugram who have quoted a discount of 10-12l off the ex showroom price based on the variant selected. The actual negotiations will happen once I confirm the variant.

It seems since you got your technology variant at approx 37l OTR so I assume that the premium will be available at a mouth watering price of 32l OTR considering you have got a quote of 28l for ex showroom.
Luke1972 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 22:38   #8726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke1972 View Post
Well reading your post made me rush out to the Audi Gurugram who have quoted a discount of 10-12l off the ex showroom price based on the variant selected. The actual negotiations will happen once I confirm the variant.

It seems since you got your technology variant at approx 37l OTR so I assume that the premium will be available at a mouth watering price of 32l OTR considering you have got a quote of 28l for ex showroom.
Yes, the final price came out to be 32L Ex + 3.6L RTO + 60K Insurance on (32L IDV)=36.2L on road
I have been told the road tax is calculated at the ex showroom price before GST. Its comes around 36L so a 10% of it is the RTO tax.
They provided myaudi connect device worth 19k as well as body cover 20k and all season mats 5k complimentary as well.
I got 1.5 L as additional discount for exchange and SBI Yono app so my actual OTR is 34.7L .
They also have additional discounts for professionals like Dr. Adv. Etc. I guess to the tune of 1L. Please enquire that as well.
I will bargain for extended warranty when they call me for the same.
rohitbagai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 01:56   #8727
BHPian

Are these prices for Q2 actually good enough? All the stock of Q2 lying with the dealers is 2020 manufactured and in just 2 months from now, it’s gonna be 2 years old.
techspark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 12:41   #8728
BHPian

Considering BMW X5 Diesel to buy by end of this year. It is Rs.79 lacs ex-showroom in Bangalore. My leasing firm will take care of insurance etc.

What typical discounts can I look for? Is asking for Rs.70 - 72 lacs too much to expect?
Old 23rd September 2021, 12:46   #8729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techspark View Post
Are these prices for Q2 actually good enough? All the stock of Q2 lying with the dealers is 2020 manufactured and in just 2 months from now, it’s gonna be 2 years old.

Well the SA stated that the MY is 2020 and the same is a CBU unit and these discounts are of a nature of a clearance. The Q2 was introduced in India in Oct 20 so these discounts are quite tempting.
Old 23rd September 2021, 15:37   #8730
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the new car Rohit!

Quote:
They provided myaudi connect device worth 19k as well as body cover 20k and all season mats 5k complimentary as well.
Did you get a mat for the boot as well? The A4 did not come with one and the ones available locally are either too large or way too small. The car cover, did you get one of those black color all weather ones they have available on the myaudi app, or the regular silver one?

Quote:
SBI Yono app so my actual OTR is 34.7L .
Please share more details on the SBI Yono app for prospective buyers. Is the discount available for all, or limited to SBI Bank account holders, or similar? For under 35 Lacs you clearly made a killing of the Q2 purchase!

Quote:
I will bargain for extended warranty when they call me for the same.
How much is the extended warranty for 2+3 years on the Q2?

Most Viewed