Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2021, 22:40   #8821

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Greetings, fellow BHPians

I'm currently in the market for a BMW X1 sLine20d and intend to visit the Kolkata dealer OSL Prestige tomorrow. Considering it's an ageing and slow moving model, could anyone please guide me about the extent till which the prices can be negotiated?

Currently the 20d comes somewhere around 48.5 L OTR (Ex Showroom 43.5L) and the dealer website mentions an ongoing offer of "BMW Service & Maintenance and Registration + Insurance included."

It's almost the end of the year and can hopefully try and extract a better deal.

Any guidance and advice will be appreciated.

Regards,
Old 22nd November 2021, 17:10   #8822

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Yes, the final price came out to be 32L Ex + 3.6L RTO + 60K Insurance on (32L IDV)=36.2L on road
I have been told the road tax is calculated at the ex showroom price before GST. Its comes around 36L so a 10% of it is the RTO tax.
Hi. Which dealer is this from? Thanks.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd November 2021 at 19:02. Reason: quote content trimmed
Old 22nd November 2021, 19:12   #8823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinmj5 View Post
Hi. Which dealer is this from? Thanks.
It was from Audi Karnal.
Old 22nd November 2021, 19:29   #8824

Quote:
It was from Audi Karnal.
Thanks. I saw you were offered the Premium variant at 26 and the Technology variant at 32. Had you discussed the price for the Premium Plus I with them? If you hadn’t, what do you think could be the price for that?
Old 22nd November 2021, 22:39   #8825
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I saw you were offered the Premium variant at 26 and the Technology variant at 32. Had you discussed the price for the Premium Plus I with them? If you hadn’t, what do you think could be the price for that?
Hi, The discounts on premium plus was actually less than that on Premium, also I was told it was short supply.
Anyways my deal was based on offers they had in August. I am hearing that they dont have much stock left and also they are no longer getting that level of discount support from Audi India.
rohitbagai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 09:15   #8826

Quote:
I am hearing that they dont have much stock left and also they are no longer getting that level of discount support from Audi India.
Do you know if the Q2 was imported by Audi India as only one batch of vehicles in 2020? I’m wondering that especially since all the Q2s they’re selling even now at the end of 2021 are MY2020.

If they did do just the one batch, what happens to Q2 sales after they exhaust their current stocks?
Old 23rd November 2021, 16:37   #8827
BHPian

Quote:
Do you know if the Q2 was imported by Audi India as only one batch of vehicles in 2020? I’m wondering that especially since all the Q2s they’re selling even now at the end of 2021 are MY2020.

If they did do just the one batch, what happens to Q2 sales after they exhaust their current stocks?
From what I have heard from the sales guys and the fact they still haven’t even been able to exhaust even the 2020 stock, I don’t think there are going to be any new imports and they are probably gonna discontinue the car. The worst fear is car being stuck in the service center for parts since it’s a cbu and on top of that very low volume sales
Old 23rd November 2021, 16:42   #8828

Quote:
Originally Posted by techspark View Post
From what I have heard from the sales guys and the fact they still haven’t even been able to exhaust even the 2020 stock, I don’t think there are going to be any new imports and they are probably gonna discontinue the car.
I feel the same as well. Seems like this was a market test and it didn’t do well. I wonder how this would affect resale value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techspark View Post
The worst fear is car being stuck in the service center for parts since it’s a cbu and on top of that very low volume sales
Audi is telling me it’s a government rule that all parts have to be made available for 15 years from the end of sales of a vehicle, and the parts must be held readily in inventory. Is this true? If so it shouldn’t be a long wait for parts etc. They also said I don’t need to worry about parts availability because of the strong VAG network that covers multiple brands.
Old 25th November 2021, 23:26   #8829
BHPian

Did anyone get a Jeep Compass for BH registration? What is the price for S variant?
Old 26th November 2021, 07:54   #8830
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Audi is telling me it’s a government rule that all parts have to be made available for 15 years from the end of sales of a vehicle, and the parts must be held readily in inventory. Is this true? If so it shouldn’t be a long wait for parts etc. They also said I don’t need to worry about parts availability because of the strong VAG network that covers multiple brands.
They are being clever in what they say. It is indeed true about the spares availability rule, but it is for 10 years and not 15.

Further, it does not explicitly state that all spares have to be stocked in inventory, rather it says availability should not be constrained. Hence Audi can well say it will take 30 days for things like body panels and glass or fibre items.

I don't foresee any issues with the engine & transmission as they are shared across multiple VAG vehicles.

Any buyer should carefully evaluate these before buying the A2.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 09:55   #8831
BHPian

Hi, I am on the lookout for the new Audi A6 does any have any updates what kinds of discounts are available as the dealer is citing shortage and offering no discounts.
Old 26th November 2021, 12:02   #8832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I feel the same as well. Seems like this was a market test and it didn’t do well. I wonder how this would affect resale value.

That is true, but where is the question. I have experienced computer parts coming from as far as Australia, some times from Singapore and at times from Bangalore, rarely from Delhi. Same may be case with auto parts. Fast moving from local depot, rarer from National Depot and very rare from International Depots. Owners have experienced delays of weeks if not months for VAG parts to come, so yes the parts may be available, but wait could be very very long.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 12:55   #8833
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I do recall a rule stating something similar, but the parts need not be held readily in inventory.
As with most Luxury brands, one does have to wait for parts even for their faster selling models. I've had to wait for some small parts on our F30 BMW, and even on our new ES - the suspension bush had to be ordered from another country.
Audi won't be different, but given the 2.0TSi is shared with other VAG products you may be able to source parts quicker depending on what needs to be changed.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 14:56   #8834

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
I've had to wait for some small parts on our F30 BMW, and even on our new ES - the suspension bush had to be ordered from another country.
Audi won't be different, but given the 2.0TSi is shared with other VAG products you may be able to source parts quicker depending on what needs to be changed.
Given the popularity of the X1 and the popularity of the Q2’s engine (despite the car itself being unpopular), would spare parts wait time and maintenance cost be similar between the Q2 and X1?
Old 26th November 2021, 18:43   #8835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Given the popularity of the X1 and the popularity of the Q2’s engine (despite the car itself being unpopular), would spare parts wait time and maintenance cost be similar between the Q2 and X1?
From what I know and have heard, the X1 is a much better seller than the Q2. Spare parts availability shouldn't be a major problem for the Q2, although some car-specific parts might face delays.
The X1 is overall cheaper to service and maintain though. Again from what I've heard from people I know.
akash_v12 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks