Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2021, 16:28   #8881
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

I just came back home having booked Jeep Compass Model S(o2) 4x4 A/T Diesel ( Brilliant Black).

Tried my best to negotiate, but was not that very successful. The final deal we shook hands on was for 35.9L. In addition to this, they will match the insurance quote i manage to get, will start working on it now. Dealer insurance quote is 79.5K

Dealer was ready to offer additional 50K worth accessories free, which are subject to readily available ones ( could negotiate for cash discount depending on negotiation skills ) for Red Colour which is currently readily available in their yard, but unfortunately am not really into it. Brilliant Black was the colour unanimously voted by my missus and daughter

Since i keep my cars for a very long time, i really don't mind a Nov'21 manufactured vehicle.

Test Drive Experience -

Will not go into details other members who have provided so much vital info. I specifically asked for a night drive ( 1 hr atleast) to check the LED headlight throw. City limits , low beam i felt is of no use, i could barely see. Then we went to roads where there were no street lights and pitch dark. Low beam was slightly better, but high beam was far better, but i cannot drive with high beam on all the time, surprisingly my missus was sat in the back seat and said she loved the white LED light and its throw !

All my long drives are at night ( sort of night driver ) hence good headlight throw is something very important to me. Any recommendations please for after market upgrade ?

My current car is 3rd Gen Honda City A/T, bought it in 2010 and have clocked 1.43L KM so far. So the diesel noise is very high to me, but i will get used to it overtime. I took a TD of Hyundai Tucson as well and its engine is extremely refined and rides far better than Compass, but as it is an outgoing model and interiors are a bit dated, more importantly family voted for Compass ( am surprised here ! ). You know what, if it was my decision, i would have gone for Octavia L&K . My daughter looked at it and said it kind of looks like our car, just the interiors are better. I think because they have been sitting low on Honda City for many years, they loved the higher seating and needed a change as well.

i hope i will have good trouble free long association with Jeep , fingers crossed ( yes, the test drive vehicle had rattling issues already discussed at length here on the forum, especially the glove box one )

Last edited by redballons : 10th December 2021 at 16:34.
redballons is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 10:06   #8882

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

My first post here. Been reading the forums for a decade +, on and off.

I had been scouting for an upgrade over my 2006 Esteem for close to six months now. From XL6 TD to almost booking a TUV300 and then XUV300 on Ola Cars, long story short, I just booked the Duster 1.3 Turbo MT RXS yesterday, with the 1.25L discount (50k cash + 50k exchange bonus + 25k corporate discount). Booked yesterday and today the TBHP membership got approved. I'll not get into how it may be a good omen and all that. Will leave it at a happy coincidence.

Awaiting formal proforma invoice / quote from the dealer. With phone and WhatsApp conversations, I know the on-road price to be 14.3L effectively. The 2006 Esteem LXI run 60k kms is valued at 95k (the exchange bonus is on top of this, of course).

Delivery coming week. Wouldn't have thought of the Duster had it not been for the 1.25L off. I've already gone beyond my budget. Stocks (limited) are still available from what the SA told me.
Kailas is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 10:50   #8883
BHPian

Any Skoda Superb discounts and availability information in Pune/Mumbai right now?

Dwalera saying that manufacturing has been stopped face-lift with a price hike will be sold directly in February 2022 now.

Have been enquiring with Pune dealers but all of them saying not a single car left. If anyone has any information on the same, It will be of great help.

Thanks.
Old 15th December 2021, 12:49   #8884
Senior - BHPian

Toyota car prices to increase from January 1, 2022

Toyota is set to increase the prices of its models from January 1, 2022. The carmaker hasn't revealed the quantum of the price hike yet.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-toyotaurban-cruiser081120201324.jpg

According to Toyota, prices are being hiked to offset the increase in input costs, including the cost of raw materials.

Toyota currently has six models on sale. These include the Glanza, Urban Cruiser, Innova Crysta, Fortuner, Camry and Vellfire. The carmaker is also planning to introduce the Belta, which is Toyota's version of the Maruti Ciaz. It will replace the Yaris in the mid-size sedan segment.
Old 15th December 2021, 15:45   #8885
BHPian

Increase in the cost of raw materials? So they probably meant the CBUs sans the badges from MSIL and the three 'T' badges for the front, rear, and steering wheel from their supplier. You see it doesn't take much to manufacture a TOYZUKI.
Herschey is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 18:52   #8886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschey View Post
Increase in the cost of raw materials? So they probably meant the CBUs sans the badges from MSIL and the three 'T' badges for the front, rear, and steering wheel from their supplier. You see it doesn't take much to manufacture a TOYZUKI.
Probably a SUZUTA, looking at the percentage of components used

The way how frequently cost correction is happening, I think the carmakers should consider dynamic pricing of their products vis-a vis petrol and diesel pricing. A daily price list should be published in sync with the daily material costs
Brumby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 10:11   #8887

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailas View Post
My first post here. Been reading the forums for a decade +, on and off.

I had been scouting for an upgrade over my 2006 Esteem for close to six months now. From XL6 TD to almost booking a TUV300 and then XUV300 on Ola Cars, long story short, I just booked the Duster 1.3 Turbo MT RXS yesterday, with the 1.25L discount (50k cash + 50k exchange bonus + 25k corporate discount).
Changed the booking to RXZ. YOLO and all that.

Received the confirmation of allotment with the VIN today. It's a July manufactured piece. Am wondering what's up with this. Of course, the discount is because Renault wasn't able to sell the cars at their usual prices earlier, but four + months ?

Have paid the nominal booking amount only. Pending PDI at the showroom. Dealer was not up for inspection at their yard (common to all their dealerships across the city, including for other manufacturers). I didn't push it, because I thought I won't be able to go anyway. Agreement is after inspecting the car at the showroom, I give the existing car (exchange), pay the full amount, and 2-3 working days for the registration.
Kailas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 20:57   #8888
HTC
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Changed the booking to RXZ. YOLO and all .
Congrats.
What is the final OTR for RXZ?

My friend is looking to purchase his first car. Budget max 12 lac. Have advised him on S Cross, Duster or kushaq 1.0
Old 17th December 2021, 21:57   #8889

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
Congrats.
What is the final OTR for RXZ?

My friend is looking to purchase his first car. Budget max 12 lac. Have advised him on S Cross, Duster or kushaq 1.0
The 1.3 turbo would be out of budget even with the 1.25L effective discount. On road price (minus the base value of the exchanged car) is ~14.7L (can be lesser if you opt for your own insurance, and not take the accessories or service package).

The 1.5 RXZ does not get the 50k cash discount, but only 50k exchange bonus and 25k corporate discount, so effectively 75k. With this, and doing insurance on your own, it should be comfortably inside the 12L mark.

No idea about the Kushaq, but between the S-Cross and Duster, I'd pick the Duster. Likely it's my bias based on how and when I checked out the S-Cross. I had checked out the S-Cross while waiting for the XL6 TD car at the showroom, and obviously, the S-Cross was underwhelming.
Kailas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 18:02   #8890
Senior - BHPian

VW car prices to be hiked by up to 5% from Jan 1, 2022

Volkswagen cars are set to get more expensive from January 1, 2022.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-2021vwtaigun01-5.jpg

The carmaker has announced that prices will go up by 2-5% depending on the model and the variant. The prices are being increased to offset the effect of rising input and operational costs.

While prices of the Polo, Vento and Taigun will be increased, the price hike will not be applicable on the recently launched Tiguan.

Volkswagen is also gearing up to launch a new mid-size sedan early next year. The car will be based on the MQB-A0-IN platform, which also underpins the Skoda Slavia.
Old 25th December 2021, 09:09   #8891

Quote:
I just booked the Duster 1.3 Turbo MT RXS yesterday, with the 1.25L discount (50k cash + 50k exchange bonus + 25k corporate discount).
Delivery coming week. Wouldn't have thought of the Duster had it not been for the 1.25L off. I've already gone beyond my budget. Stocks (limited) are still available from what the SA told me.
Congrtas Kailas on the new buy and wish a Happy and safe ride on this beast !!
Can you please provide some details on how much on-road is working to? are they accepting to comparing and matching 3rd party insurance?
Also kindly provide some details on the dealer, the booking experience and if possible SA contact details....
Seriously contemplating on Duster
Old 25th December 2021, 09:45   #8892

Quote:
Originally Posted by baala View Post
Congrtas Kailas on the new buy and wish a Happy and safe ride on this beast !!
Can you please provide some details on how much on-road is working to? are they accepting to comparing and matching 3rd party insurance?
Also kindly provide some details on the dealer, the booking experience and if possible SA contact details....
Seriously contemplating on Duster
Thanks. Just got the car home yesterday. The 1.3 RXZ MT came to 14.15L after the 1.25L discounts (cash, corporate, exchange bonus) and excluding insurance (did it on my own), base accessories, and 3yr/30k km service package; and including 5 year extended warranty. I've of course not factored in the base value of the old car I gave in exchange.

From what the SA told me (and no reason to take them at face value), they are out of stock for all 2021 models and have more bookings than cars available.

Experience with Trident Mysore Road was mixed. It's a story in itself. The good thing is they didn't push back when I insisted on a different piece after I saw the originally allotted one after paying 60% and giving the existing car away. Yet to receive the number plate, the TCS certificate, and manual. Holding judgement on that.
Old 25th December 2021, 11:38   #8893
BHPian

Tata Motor's running discount, got this pamphlet in news paper here(Pune) today -

Name:  Screenshot 20211225 at 11.37.00 AM.png
Views: 680
Size:  387.0 KB
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 18:34   #8894
BHPian

Hi,
A family friend is looking to purchase a BMW X3 in Patna. Open to both petrol and diesel.
Any idea of current discounts?
Since Patna has no dealers, please suggest/provide contacts of dealers from other cities like Kolkata, Lucknow or possible places he can buy from.

Thanks a lot.
Vikram
Old 29th December 2021, 18:48   #8895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Hi,
A family friend is looking to purchase a BMW X3 in Patna. Open to both petrol and diesel.
Any idea of current discounts?
Since Patna has no dealers, please suggest/provide contacts of dealers from other cities like Kolkata, Lucknow or possible places he can buy from.

Thanks a lot.
Vikram
X3 is most likely out of stock. Facelift is expected to be launched soon, discounts will take couple of months.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks