Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2022, 07:29   #8956
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by xway View Post
I dont know why car price increases are justified as due to inflation.

This is absurd, a motor vehicle is by no means gold, real estate, stocks, bonds, food etc. to be keeping pace with inflation.

Neither is it technology stuff that actually

Car is somewhere in b

You make some excellent points, let me add few examples -

- In 1991, an uncle bought Maruti 800 for 225k. Someone got an Alto 800 for little under 300k in the same town some time back(before bs6 kicked in)
- Dad bought a CD 100 in 1994 for 33k or so, similar 100cc 4 stroke bikes were retailing under 50 K in the same town almost 2.5 decades later (before bs6)
- Now a recent example from other end of spectrum, I enquired about Corolla base diesel in 2014, was quoted 13.5 ex showroom in my city (for reference, price of Corolla Altis diesel base trim in 2014 ex - showroom, Delhi was 13.07 Lakh)

In 2019, looked at price of the same car(same trim) - ex - showroom, Delhi - 17.71 Lakhs. If you compare both the cars, no revolutionary tech/features were added in the newer version(no engine change either).

Hence while some manufacturers/sections are able to beat inflation/taxes/input costs impressively, few others somehow seem to be helpless against it !!

So it's not just a result of inflation as you correctly mentioned, other factors are in play too !!

Last edited by RaviK : 8th January 2022 at 07:48. Reason: Updated some sentences
RaviK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 09:29   #8957
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_v_kr View Post
Have started negotiations for a BMW 330Li M Sport Pro. The first quote received from Infinity Cars offers a 2 Lakh discount on ex- showroom and 50000 discount on BSI + RI (3 years and 40000 kms). My ideal discount range is around 5 Lakhs without the BSI. I am willing to wait till i get the price around my comfort level. Please let me know if anyone recently got a better deal. Will check with Navnit Motors in the coming days.
March should be better. Not sure by how much. But usually the best time for discounts is Nov-Dec as Calender year end or March for financial year end.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 17:11   #8958

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushbansal View Post
Forget discounts, Find yourself lucky, if you are able to get hold of your stuff without any waiting period. Gone are the days when the customers were treated and greeted well at the dealerships. Consider yourself honored if you are welcomed at the showroom and asked for cup of tea.
Sir absolutely right you are, but if I may "Consider yourself honored even if you are attended in a proper and timely manner" in a car showroom nowadays.
Old 9th January 2022, 10:22   #8959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaviK View Post
You make some excellent points, let me add few examples -

- In 1991, an uncle bought Maruti 800 for 225k. Someone got an Alto 800 for little under 300k in the same town some time back(before bs6 kicked in)
- Dad bought a CD 100 in 1994 for 33k or so, similar 100cc 4 stroke bikes were retailing under 50 K in the same town almost 2.5 decades later (before bs6)
So it's not just a result of inflation as you correctly mentioned, other factors are in play too !!
Rightly said.

Going by many posts and thoughts (no offense to anyone) it seems it would be good idea to "Invest" in cars to beat inflation as an alternative to pf, nps

Who knows we may get good returns lump sum when we sell the car during retirement and maybe make a killing if the car is Toyota (going by the way they hike prices)
xway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 17:46   #8960
BHPian

Given the XUV7OO effect, are there any discounts or schemes going on Hyundai Creta or Kia Seltos? A friend had spoken with a dealer in NCR and the cars are on waiting and no discount available. Wondering if this is just the situation in NCR or also true across India including tier 2-3 cities.
Old 9th January 2022, 19:53   #8961

I think our perspectives on price hikes are more from the consumer side. We are thinking they should not be increasing the prices. Now try to think from the other side, the OEM. What are they thinking?

They are thinking, my car costs 45lks, if 2lks increased what would be the impact. The first thought is how many people can afford to buy a 45lk car in the first place & of them how many would be interested in my product. The next thought is, my brand is extremely popular, if I increase 2lks how many of my prospective buyers turn away from me? If someone can afford a 45lk car and really wants my brand he will pay the additional 2lks as well. Hence decided, let's increase the prices.

The same goes for luxury brands in India, they are stickered at a 40% premium to their prices in Europe or America. They know reducing the price by 40% will not mean they will start selling 5000 vehicles a month, maybe from 800, the number going up to 900, that's it.

This was the precise reason I was watching very closely when Jeep came in with the Compass, If that experiment was successful, the other premium brands would have brought in more affordable offerings. But after the initial Euphoria Jeep realised the market isn't mature enough and subsequent facelifts started seeing prices being hiked considerably. If people want to compare a Jeep with a Hyundai, Goodluck with that.

The same now goes for the XUV7OO frenzy, everyone thinks the price is excellent it will really hurt the competition etc. What's the status, XUV is overbooked & most likely by the time delivery will be done prices will get hiked due to huge demand as was the case with THAR & the pricing will feel closer to Harrier than Creta. Thus neither Tata nor Hyundai is losing sleep over it.

I know we are emotional people over here with our love for cars but sometimes we need to look at the cold hard facts.

Peace
AnandSancheti is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 21:40   #8962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Given the XUV7OO effect, are there any discounts or schemes going on Hyundai Creta or Kia Seltos? A friend had spoken with a dealer in NCR and the cars are on waiting and no discount available. Wondering if this is just the situation in NCR or also true across India including tier 2-3 cities.
It's the same everywhere. No discounts on Creta or Seltos. At least at the moment the dealers invariably tell you there's waiting. And it is the same for other brands too. To know the reality, you would have to book one and then sometimes the dealer would call you within a few days to inform you that "someone cancelled their booking" while in reality, they already had your requested variant in stock!
morphique is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 21:55   #8963
BHPian

A few years ago, I had visited a Hyundai dealer stockyard. I was surprised to see the huge number of i10's i20's etc. (Several acres of open land) . I learned that, those were not made to order. The dealer himself books in advance. Last week, I called up a hyundai dealer to enquire about i10. He quoted a waiting period of 2 months or so. So it appears the semiconductor supply chain issues is affecting all the cars. However, some cars like santro, i10 etc have a cash discount throughout the year. ( I am talking about hyundai. I believe its the same with other car makers ). I wonder why they offer the discount since they have nothing in the inventory and demand is more than supply?. Just curious to know.
Old 10th January 2022, 08:03   #8964
BHPian

We’re in the market for a new comfortable, roomy and safe secondary budget car with budget being at max 6 lacs on road.

We went a few places like Maruti, Hyundai, Nissan and TATA and finally decided to get TATA Punch as it seemed best of the lot in that budget. Details of new car pricing:

Model : TATA Punch Pure

CSD Price:
Ex showroom: 4.85 lac
RC: 45 k
Insurance: 27 k
Mandatory essentials pack: 5 k
Fastag: 500

Total on road price: 5.67 lac

Essential pack includes 10 litres of petrol, mud flaps, mats, perfume, wax coating (initial and after 6 months)

Insurance at 27k seems a bit dearer to me as the best insurance outside including all major add-ons comes out to be 21k at max.

Last edited by sarav100 : 10th January 2022 at 08:05.
Old 10th January 2022, 08:21   #8965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
We’re in the market for a new comfortable, roomy and safe secondary budget car with budget being at max 6 lacs on road.

Model : TATA Punch Pure

CSD Price:
Ex showroom: 4.85 lac
RC: 45 k
Insurance: 27 k
Mandatory essentials pack: 5 k
Fastag: 500

Total on road price: 5.67 lac

Essential pack includes 10 litres of petrol, mud flaps, mats, perfume, wax coating (initial and after 6 months)

Insurance at 27k seems a bit dearer to me as the best insurance outside including all major add-ons comes out to be 21k at max.
Take the CSD pricing from the dealer. There is difference between AFD and dealer prices. For Harrier, AFD was showing 20k more than what dealer offered. Also no essentials pack was told to me by the three Tata dealers I interacted with. Ask them to match the insurance quote, they generally agree to it.
Old 10th January 2022, 09:21   #8966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
Take the CSD pricing from the dealer. There is difference between AFD and dealer prices. For Harrier, AFD was showing 20k more than what dealer offered. Also no essentials pack was told to me by the three Tata dealers I interacted with. Ask them to match the insurance quote, they generally agree to it.
This is the dealer price. GST rebate on small cars is 12%. So, 12% of 5.49 lacs comes out to be around this value only.

I haven’t negotiated on insurance because car has some waiting list and we would first like the car to be allocated to us. I expect some discount on insurance once I get them outside quote.

For essential pack, I haven’t asked for a price reduction yet since since it includes INR 1000 worth of fuel, and accessories/services that would at least cost approximately INR 2000-2500 from aftermarket also.
Old 10th January 2022, 10:32   #8967
Senior - BHPian

Kia Sonet, Seltos prices increased by up to Rs. 20,000

Just like other carmakers, Kia has also increased the prices of its models. Prices of the Sonet and Seltos have increased by up to Rs. 20,000.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-2020kiasonet02.jpg

Depending on the variant, prices of the Sonet have increased by Rs. 4,000 to Rs. 20,000. Seltos prices have increased by up to Rs. 10,000. The cost of the base 'HTE' variant remains unchanged.

Kia has also increased the prices of the Carnival MPV. The Premium and Prestige variants now cost Rs. 54,000 more, while the prices of the Limousine Plus variants has gone up by Rs. 50,000.
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 16:28   #8968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Kia Sonet, Seltos prices increased by up to Rs. 20,000

Just like other carmakers, Kia has also increased the prices of its models. Prices of the Sonet and Seltos have increased by up to Rs. 20,000.
Good Move by Kia India!! There are not increasing the prices of HTE Variant, unlike Hyundai. It will attract more buyers in this segment

Seltos HTE Petrol:9.95L
Creta E Petrol:10.23L
MG Astor Style Petrol:9.98L
Skoda Kushaq Active 1.0 TSI Petrol:10.99L
VW Taigun comfortline 1.0 TSI Petrol:10.99L

As of now in 2022! In this Compact SUV segment, Kia Seltos and MG Astor base variant starting prices are below 10 Lakhs only.

Creta E petrol looks costly and what they offer in this Trim and German twins is even costlier than Creta.
Old 12th January 2022, 12:14   #8969
BHPian

Skoda Kushaq 1.0 Ambition AT - MY 2021 - In Pune, dealer A is offering 75k discount while dealer B is offering 1.25L discount. This is with a visit to the showrooms, plus another round of negotiations over call. However, when I told dealer A that I already have an offer of 1.25L discount from dealer B, he said that dealer B is selling a dan(?) car to me (I did not quite catch the actual word he said). I asked what he meant, to which he said that the other dealer would be selling you a vehicle for which the warranty etc. would already have started a few months back, since they would be showing it as "sold" last year itself to achieve their targets.

Is this possible? Does anyone know of such a practice by the dealers?
Old 12th January 2022, 18:10   #8970

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphique View Post
Skoda Kushaq 1.0 Ambition AT - MY 2021 - In Pune, dealer A is offering 75k discount while dealer B is offering 1.25L discount. This is with a visit to the showrooms, plus another round of negotiations over call. However, when I told dealer A that I already have an offer of 1.25L discount from dealer B, he said that dealer B is selling a dan(?) car to me (I did not quite catch the actual word he said). I asked what he meant, to which he said that the other dealer would be selling you a vehicle for which the warranty etc. would already have started a few months back, since they would be showing it as "sold" last year itself to achieve their targets.

Is this possible? Does anyone know of such a practice by the dealers?
I think the dealer must be referring to a 'Demo Car', which is primarily used by them to provide test drives to customers. They are unregistered cars with kilometers on the odometer. All dealers sell their demo vehicles after a few months with hefty discounts. I would advice you to cross check once again with your salesperson and get it clarified.
GNV18 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks