Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2009, 21:05   #76
BHPian

Dad is looking to buy a Jetta 1.9L Comfortline DSG. I searched for threads and found that VW was offering 0% interest and a free 3 year maintenance package earlier.

Does anyone know the current offers applicable on the Jetta? Thanks.
Old 5th December 2009, 23:58   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Seems either this is coming back as discount or what I can't figure! Anyway I have asked for all this on paper before I place any order.

Mota moti the working seems as follows now:

Rs. 9,07,724/- Ex showroom Mumbai
Rs. 63,540/- Mumbai Reg & Tax (7% of Ex showroom)
Rs. 1,800/- Smart card based reg service by RTO agent
Rs, 24,000/- Insurance (thrown in by Company as per current scheme)
Total - Rs. 9,97,065

They are offering it at Rs. 9.6 lacs plus some floor matts so discount is Rs 37,065/- is this good enough?
I checked the Hyundai verna AT price today in chennai and it came to this same amount only. Approx 37000 discounts + 10000 Exchange bonus, in case you are replacing your old car with Verna AT.

The sales guy said there are no freebies and only cash discount this time and also indicated of the price rise in jan.
Old 6th December 2009, 16:00   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Its difficult deal with Honda & Toyota for a best deal. But nothing wrong in pulling the strings. Only thing try to get some accessories from them but don't expect any cash discount.

Few thumb rules:
Get the insurance done outside.
Registration would be more if done through showroom, this can also be done. contact a RTO agent.
Corporate discount.
I was negotiating with a Honda Dealer.

1. We are getting a corporate discount of Rs 15,000.00 on the ex-showroom price for Honda City V MT.

2. I planned to get the insurance done outside on my own, their quote was Rs 25,872.00 for Honda City V MT and I got a quote for Rs 19845.00 by my own.

But, the Honda dealer says that if I get it done through him, I get cashless claim benefits. etc. But, if I go directly, it seems there won't be a cashless claim. Every time I would need to clear the dues at the showroom and then apply for a claim with my insurer. Is this correct? Or is it just another way to get me buy his insurance?

3. Regarding registration, its very true, Honda dealership here charges Rs 3,000.00 for that whereas if I were to go by myself, I can get it done for Rs 400.00(official charges) + Rs 200.00(if I employ a broker).
Old 6th December 2009, 16:14   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Honda has free insurance offer for City S for this month.Got the info from both Magnum and Dakshin
Do you think this discount could apply to dealers in Hyderabad too?

And also, I am getting a cash discount of Rs 15,000.00 on the ex-showroom price on the basis of a corporate discount. So, my query is, can this free insurance offer be clubbed with the discount?
Old 6th December 2009, 16:38   #80
Senior - BHPian

I do not know about what year end discounts are on the Verna BUT in today's Hindi Local paper in Agra there was a huge advert saying upto 35k savings on a Verna - this was all over N India I assume.

So expect between 35 - 40k of discounts at least !
Old 6th December 2009, 18:40   #81
BHPian

^^ Yes - they should be clubbed together. What is the dealer saying ?

PS: I had inquired about the honda jazz at a dealer in UP. He is offering free insurance and a low interest rate (6%) on the loan.
Old 6th December 2009, 18:56   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
I was negotiating with a Honda Dealer.

2. I planned to get the insurance done outside on my own, their quote was Rs 25,872.00 for Honda City V MT and I got a quote for Rs 19845.00 by my own.

But, the Honda dealer says that if I get it done through him, I get cashless claim benefits. etc. But, if I go directly, it seems there won't be a cashless claim. Every time I would need to clear the dues at the showroom and then apply for a claim with my insurer. Is this correct? Or is it just another way to get me buy his insurance?
You can take insurance from outside with cashless facilty, no issue at all.
They are playing prank.
Old 6th December 2009, 18:59   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post

3. Regarding registration, its very true, Honda dealership here charges Rs 3,000.00 for that whereas if I were to go by myself, I can get it done for Rs 400.00(official charges) + Rs 200.00(if I employ a broker).
Normally certain each dealer may have cashless tie ups with multiple insurance companies. Check if your outside insurance provider has any cashless agreement with the dealer, if so, you would be able to claim cashless facility.

Isnt' the registration done by the dealer themselves, do they allow you to register. I feel its' safer that the dealer handle's the vehicle until the registration and delivery formalities has been completed.
Old 6th December 2009, 19:03   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalker View Post
Called up a couple of dealers in Pune and on phone at least no mention of any offers of any kind. Only standard exchange bonus of Rs 15k, which is of no use to me.

Anyone had any better luck?
When i checked for the SX4 AT, i was offered a Cash Discount of 25K + Exchange Bonus 25K + Corporate Discount 10K.

I hope they should have the same discount for MT as well, unless they want to promote AT.

Mods, Sorry about the double post, did not realize it until posted. Please merge.

Last edited by ikoneer : 6th December 2009 at 19:05.
Old 7th December 2009, 10:16   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
Normally certain each dealer may have cashless tie ups with multiple insurance companies. Check if your outside insurance provider has any cashless agreement with the dealer, if so, you would be able to claim cashless facility.
Well, Honda has cash-less tie-up with National General Insurance Company, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company, Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company, Iffco Tokyo General Insurance Company and Universal Sompo General Insurance Company (Regional Partner-West).

I got a quote from Iffco-Tokyo with whom Honda does have a cash-less claim process. The only difference being that when I take an insurance from Honda dealer, I get something called 'Honda Assure' which some kind of an understanding(JV or MOU) between Honda and the five insurance providers mentioned above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
Isnt' the registration done by the dealer themselves, do they allow you to register. I feel its' safer that the dealer handle's the vehicle until the registration and delivery formalities has been completed.
'Temporary registration(TR)' is done by the dealers and that is compulsory(IMHO), atleast in AP. 'Permanent registration(PR)' is under-taken by them at an extra charge, here they were demanding Rs 3,000.00 for the same(On my own it'd cost me Rs 400.00).

The idea is that when a dealer gets the car a TR, they go through the same process that one goes for PR like identifying the Engine, Chassis number, Make, Model, Color, etc. And if there are any issues like theft, accident, etc, the same come to notice at that time itself. I had got my scooter, motorcycle and my last car registered on my own with any hassles. Its a fairly simple process.

One has to be careful and observant enough to see the VIN to identify the month/ year of the manufacture of the care and when the TR was done. Some cars just stay in the dealers stockyard for months as there is no taker and at times they try to push those cars.
Old 7th December 2009, 10:17   #86
BHPian

Thanks for the clarification.
Old 7th December 2009, 16:47   #87
BHPian

New Car quotation(s):
Place: Hyderabad

Make: Honda City
Variant: 1.5 V MT
Ex-showroom price: Rs 8,99,000.00
Discount: Rs 15,000.00 (corporate discount for recognized companies)
Road-tax(9%): Rs 79,560.00
Handling fees: Rs 6,000.000
Insurance: Rs 18,645.00 (ICICI Lombard), Rs 20350.00 [approximately] (Iffco-Tokyo)
Freebies: 2 years extended warranty, floor and boot mats.
OTR price: Rs 9,88,205.00

Make: Ford Fiesta
Variant: 1.6 ZXi leather limited edition
Ex-showroom price: Rs 6,53,000.00
Discount: Rs 60,000.00 (year end sales)
Road-tax(9%): Rs 53,370.00
Handling fees: Rs 5,500.00
Accessories: Rs 2,470.00 (floor mats, boot mats and mud-flaps)
Extended warranty: Rs 5,350.00 (for 3rd year), Rs 9500.00 [approximately] (for 3rd and 4th year)
Insurance: Rs 17,018.00 (ICICI Lombard)
Freebies: None
OTR price: Rs 6,76,708.00
Old 7th December 2009, 17:55   #88
Senior - BHPian

Ok folks booked a silver verna diesel A/T at 9.6 on road mumbai individual. Discount roughly Rs 35K by my calculation and 44K buy dealers after putting fat margins on registration/admin charge and overinflated insurance premium (free insurance at 26K, when it is 22K) Delivery 22nd to 24th Dec

hope it is a good buy!

Last edited by canonball : 7th December 2009 at 17:56.
Old 9th December 2009, 15:25   #89
BHPian

Guys... free insurance for Scorpio announced. Though I took my Scorpio sle's delivery on 5th december - the India Garage golks called me back confirming a refund of 27k...

The worst part is I transferred my NCB while buying the car so I paid only 18k for the insurance - hence they'll refund me only 18k. Net to Net a loss of 9k... I am trying to negotiate with the show room guys full insurance refund...
Old 17th December 2009, 20:01   #90
BHPian

CAR FOR PARENTS - RITZ Vxi or i10 1.2 Magna

Hi Everyone.,,

As you guys might have already figured out, am a newbie to this great forum and it gives me a sense of pride to be a part of this great network.

Iam an owner of two sedans - SX4- ZXI & CITY - SMT (if i may lay claim on my wife's car ).

The primary reason for me to join this forum was to seek an advice on a choice of hatchback for my parents. Dad was earlier driving the old Zen. The new car would entirely be chauffer driven; I would drive it when i visit them on leave. The driving would be almost entirely in the city - approx 100 km per week.

I have shorlisted after much ground-work the Ritz (Petrol) Vxi and i10 1.2 Kappa Magna. Please help / guide me choose between the two.

Also please let me know THE BEST OFFERS / DISCOUNTS/ DEALS AVAILABLE FOR THESE CARS IN KOLKATA. Am planning to decide and wind up by Saturday (19th) - so any early advice would be of immense help.

Iam presently in touch with Machino techno for Maruti and Spring Hyundai as they seem to offer the best respective deals.

Thanks in advance..

IVB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks