Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2022, 13:56   #9136
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hey Guys, I've got the following from Honda dealership for Honda City (VX/ZX)

I've been quoted standard Honda Discounts 13K (Cash + Corporate) + 10K Cash Discount (Dealer) with option to opt out of basic kit and insurance (from dealer)

Should I be pressing for more ?, So far the discounts have been easy which leads me to believe there might be room for some further negotiations.
Old 17th May 2022, 15:23   #9137
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Has anyone had any experience of buying an Innova GX Diesel Automatic in Mumbai?

Dealers are offering 25.30 Lakhs on road with no accessories (my requirement was such that I don't need all that chrome and bars they offer) except mud flaps and mats.

Anti - Rust and Teflon coating is part of the deal.

Anyone know anything better?
humyum is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 16:27   #9138

Visited Gurudev Motors, Chennai to explore Skoda Superb. Car was not on display or available for a test drive. No call back was received after 3 days. Followed up and requested for a test drive car to be sent home. Sales person informed that only the showroom MD's Superb is available and he shall bring it home. After a short test drive and explaining the features, here's the (initial) discounted offer.
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-skoda-superb-lk.jpg  

Akmal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 17:31   #9139
BANNED

Renault increases the price of Triber by 12400 inr across all variants. From 1 April to 1 June, Triber is dearer by 19400 inr.
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-screenshot_20220604170454937_com.android.chrome.jpg  

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-img20220604wa0004.jpg  

Old 12th June 2022, 02:45   #9140
BHPian

Hello fellow members!

Any idea regarding the discounts being offered currently on the Audi A4?

Visited the Kolkata showroom and shockingly heard "NO Discounts" at all and also that Audi is planning to do without discounts this year!?
Last year from August-October, it was always selling at a discount of 7.5L OTR and sometimes even 10-12L OTR too...

Slightly different feedback from Audi Gurgaon and Mumbai West...(Ready to get the car from other states too, if the CCU dealer doesn't match my price..)

The SAs at Gurgaon and Mumbai West mentioned the low availability of A4 currently, as a result, no discounts, and both also confirmed a mere sales number of 7-10 cars per month being sold by the respective showrooms (talking about the entire Audi range). Not only this, Audi HO is not supporting the dealers for pushing sales nor supporting them with the inventory.
Maybe saving the best for the festive season again this year!

Frankly, I don't see any value in the Audi A4 Tech variant at 55L OTR Kolkata when I am getting the Skoda Superb L&K at 41L OTR Kolkata or the BMW 330i M sport at 59L OTR Kolkata...
Happy to wait because we're sold on the A4 and want to get it at the best, justified price this year!
sampadroy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 15:22   #9141
BHPian

Audi Mumbai South is offering to sell a Demo Audi Q2 at a discount of about ₹17L. Surely can be negotiated further...

7K Kms done approx, unregistered.

If anyone interested at all, please PM me, would get you connected with the SA.
sampadroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 16:09   #9142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akmal View Post
Visited Gurudev Motors, Chennai to explore Skoda Superb. Car was not on display or available for a test drive. No call back was received after 3 days. Followed up and requested for a test drive car to be sent home. Sales person informed that only the showroom MD's Superb is available and he shall bring it home. After a short test drive and explaining the features, here's the (initial) discounted offer.

Did they just give you a 2% discount? Feels like Google Pay giving us 3Rs back for a 10,000Rs cash transaction, no?

Drive the bargain hard. Superb may be selling in decent numbers but it looks like they are just quoting the "MRP" to you. If there are other dealers in the area, get a quote from them. Also, maybe throw in a quote from your #2 car in the list so that they figure you are willing to walk away from an absurd deal if necessary.
Mad Max is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 16:40   #9143
BHPian

Audi India to silently increase the Ex-showroom prices of certain models w.e.f 1st July 2022. (As per dealer sources).

The Audi A4 to get dearer by:
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-img20220614wa0027.jpg

Discounts are marginal though and dealer stocks are low too. Audi IN HO isn't pushing for higher volumes, either.
Maybe Audi IN is waiting for the festive season to generate the volumes, this year!

• Audi Q3 is also planned for October-November launch this year. Expected pricing 42-45L Ex-showroom. (As per dealer sources).
sampadroy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 19:50   #9144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post
Happy to wait because we're sold on the A4 and want to get it at the best, justified price this year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post
Maybe Audi IN is waiting for the festive season to generate the volumes, this year!
Wishing the best for your A4 pursuit

The best "seasons" to buy the A4: December last week or March last week.
I got mine in the latter.
JoshMachine is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 22:24   #9145
BHPian

10L+ discounts coming at the end of this year

Ford CEO says the delinquency for car loans is approaching an ATH in the US. With recession and high borrowing rate looming around the corner the demand for new cars will drop while simultaneously the supply chain will ramp up to meet the sane demand. This paired with the festive season and the year-end model sell-off the discounts on luxury vehicles will be 10L+.
techbro is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 15:43   #9146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post

But I think, in 2021, July-August-September saw maximum discounts in Audi.
I got mine in October and got ALMOST same discount.
I think in 2022 they offered service packs and warranty which may not be totally beneficial if one's daily running is less like mine.
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 19:34   #9147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
But I think, in 2021, July-August-September saw maximum discounts in Audi.
I got mine in October and got ALMOST same discount.
I think in 2022 they offered service packs and warranty which may not be totally beneficial if one's daily running is less like mine.
Agree with sagpatel!
Tried looking for a good deal (pure discount) in March this year, but got nothing really.
They had stopped production of the A4 from November last year and started back again in February '22. So mostly all the Cat-A Audi dealers didn't have any old stock plus no support from Audi IN either. They were willing to offer the 5yrs Comprehensive Service Plan and the 5yrs Extended Warranty till June this year.

Now in June, thanks to BHPian @sagpatel, was able to connect with Audi Mumbai South and was offered 6L direct off on A4 Tech over a call. Ofc, could have negotiated further and increased it by 1/2L more, but nothing close to last year... wherein the Avg. discounts were nearly 9-10L, minimum.
The SA clearly mentioned that there's no great support from Audi IN for the A4 currently and aren't pushing targets either. I'm really bullish regarding the crazy discounts being back this year too! Reasons:
  • After speaking to many Cat-A Audi dealers (mostly, MH and Delhi NCR), the avg. no. of units being sold by them is about 7-8 cars per month (entire Audi range). That's way too low when compared to BMW and Mercedes.
  • Even after launching 80% of its International Portfolio in India, Audi IN is still struggling with sales and sheer volumes. Pretty evident in the monthly sales reports.
  • Audi has witnessed and clearly knows how well the crazy discounts work for them. (E.g. last year with the A4, Q2, and A6). By heavy discounting Audi saw great growth in FY21 and was also able to get a respectable volume of 3294 units (compared to BMW+Mini's 9130 units and MBIL's 11,576 units).
  • The high Discounts not only brought in volumes but also got Audi A4, Q2, and A6 into the Top 20 luxury cars sold in FY21. (A4 being in the Top 10, 1250 units out of 3294 total Audi cars sold in FY21. Crazy discounts can surely do wonders!)

Hence, I firmly believe that the high discounts would be back again in the coming months, just like last year. However, the avg. OTR Prices would be higher this year due to the price increments but still, 10L+ discounts could be quite possible.

According to my projections, August Mid- October End would be the best time to get the A4 or any Audi car this year.
Audi IN clearly knows that high discounts are required for them to push volumes and discounting the cars for the entire year won't make any impact instead tarnish the Brand value to a greater extent. So better is to offer great discounts during the peak season when the Luxury Car Market is filled with buyers. Easier to lure in customers with high discounts and generate volumes by the same, simple!
sampadroy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 23:12   #9148
Distinguished - BHPian

sampadroy- any news on the Q5 discounting? If you do speak to the dealers again please try to enquire
Old 17th June 2022, 02:38   #9149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
sampadroy- any news on the Q5 discounting? If you do speak to the dealers again please try to enquire
Hi, Sahil!
Unfortunately the Audi Q5 too is being sold just like the A4.

Nothing great just marginal discounts ( in terms of what Audi usually gives) and low availability too.
While talking to my Kolkata dealer, he categorically mentioned that the Q5 is not selling well at all and also very difficult to sell to the prospective customers, the reasons best known to all of us.
Received the same feedback, later from a Cat-A Dealer too, in Delhi NCR.

Audi IN is currently pushing the A6 and also providing a good support to the dealers for the same.
Pretty sure the Q5, A4 and Q7 are in line to receive support and being offered with great discounts in the coming months. Gotta wait now!
sampadroy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 08:11   #9150
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Someone was recently offered the latest Q5 at 65-lakhs on the road Mumbai. He could have pushed further (his target was 60), but he didn't pursue it as he didn't like the car all that much.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks