Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2011, 22:34   #946
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMind View Post
@rameshnanda Can you let us know the exact nature of the discounts you were quoted that gets the price down to 9.5 ?

I think this is a great deal. I would totally go for it if I could get it unfortunately my salesman only quoted 10 odd Big 'uns for Emotion. That's as low as he would go. I will check out the competition.
Yes. This is indeed very good deal for Linea. Don't know if all dealers offer the same kind of discount. After hard negotiations, they came down to 9.5 L. This is after free insurance, corporate discount of Rs. 12,000, Exchange bonus of Rs. 20,000 and some cash discount. Apart from this, I was offered reverse parking sensors and the assured fuel vouchers for Rs. 6500.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 09:06   #947
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Yes. This is indeed very good deal for Linea. Don't know if all dealers offer the same kind of discount. After hard negotiations, they came down to 9.5 L. This is after free insurance, corporate discount of Rs. 12,000, Exchange bonus of Rs. 20,000 and some cash discount. Apart from this, I was offered reverse parking sensors and the assured fuel vouchers for Rs. 6500.
That's a super deal Man ! Looking forward to your thread and pics on initial ownership et al.
Not sure If I can swing it. Do you mind sharing the name of the dealer who gave you that ? I can understand if you're still in the middle of negotiations and you don't want to sour the deal by talking about it publicly. But If not , maybe I can use that as some leverage on these guys in Bangalore.
Old 2nd August 2011, 09:29   #948
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
This is real good deal. Almost came to a lac of discount! Good for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMind View Post
I think this is a great deal. I would totally go for it if I could get it unfortunately my salesman only quoted 10 odd Big 'uns for Emotion. That's as low as he would go. I will check out the competition.

Quote:
Not sure If I can swing it. Do you mind sharing the name of the dealer who gave you that ? I can understand if you're still in the middle of negotiations and you don't want to sour the deal by talking about it publicly. But If not , maybe I can use that as some leverage on these guys in Bangalore.
I don't think the deal will be soured, none of the dealers will know t-BHP I think you should visit Prerana and KHT and compare their quotations with what concorde has offered you. Tell concorde like I said before - "Another dealer is giving me <xyz> offer, either give me this or I will cancel my booking and switch to them". That should get them on their feet.

P.S - in case you cancel and switch dealers, if your car has already been invoiced and shipped to the stockyard now, they will charge you 4000 bucks as cancellation charges. Negotation is the best bet

Last edited by KarthikK : 2nd August 2011 at 09:58.
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:13   #949

Folks, What is the latest deals you are hearing of in Bangalore for City VMT? I have got INR 9,99,098 onroad with their 2 year warranty (excl roadside assistance) and dealer-provided comprehensive first year insurance - and a handful of accessories: 3M Sunfilm, reverse parking sensor, Teflon coating (I know, I know, rip off etc, bit its free, right?), honda key chains (isn't that de riguer?), rubber mats, neck pillows and Honda body cover....
It's august and I was hoping the cash discount would be better - have you got a good discount?
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:04   #950
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW 3-series and 5-series - next generation?

Hello,

Discounts will vary with regions I assume, but to give you an idea gujarat gets about 2 lacs off on the OTR price.

Regards,
Old 2nd August 2011, 18:03   #951
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPRI View Post
Folks, What is the latest deals you are hearing of in Bangalore for City VMT? I have got INR 9,99,098 onroad with their 2 year warranty (excl roadside assistance) and dealer-provided comprehensive first year insurance - and a handful of accessories: 3M Sunfilm, reverse parking sensor, Teflon coating (I know, I know, rip off etc, bit its free, right?), honda key chains (isn't that de riguer?), rubber mats, neck pillows and Honda body cover....
It's august and I was hoping the cash discount would be better - have you got a good discount?
Honda key chains?! You get a Honda key-chain with the remote key as standard. Don't know if there's any other key!

Looks like you're getting all the possible freebie accessories.

Maybe you could get something else instead of the Teflon coating; something like On-road Assistance. Else, ask for some cash discount. Don't think you could get any more accessories; you've already got all of 'em!
Old 2nd August 2011, 20:32   #952
BHPian

Re: BMW 3-series and 5-series - next generation?

In mumbai, they are offering zero interest emi's for 3 years for 15 -18 lacs on the 320d CE.

So inlieu of this, you can get cash discount of around 2-3 lacs on 320d CE and perhaps a bit more on the 320d Exclusive.

Audi is heard to be offering 4 L + discounts on the A4.

Mercedes is also offering huge discounts on the C220CDI & C250 CDI, will let you know, more as I get specifics on this.
Old 2nd August 2011, 20:47   #953
Senior - BHPian

Press for 85K full cash discount.
and regarding other accessories.
Illuminated side step garnish.
Ducktail spoiler.
if you like chrome you can opt for the sash moulding.
Old 3rd August 2011, 09:59   #954
BHPian

Booked my Harbanaro Red S-MT Taking delivery in 2 weeks time. Yipeeee

Guys, help me out with any pointers on tyre upgrades and alloys in Bangalore. I am thinking of heading straight from the showroom to a tyre shop and getting a neat set of alloys and 195/60 R15 tyres.

Thanks mdsaab , your posts did aid me to negotiate and nail a good deal
Old 3rd August 2011, 10:07   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post

Guys, help me out with any pointers on tyre upgrades and alloys in Bangalore. I am thinking of heading straight from the showroom to a tyre shop and getting a neat set of alloys and 195/60 R15 tyres.

Do share your final deal

Cheers
Old 3rd August 2011, 11:38   #956

Thanks for the mdsaab - will try that today. I walked into the dealer y'day and spoke to the GM (versus the sales manager/sales rep) and got the City VMT down to INR 9.85 L and accessories such as 3M Sunfilm, reverse parking sensor, honda car cover, PVC seat covers (that will prob look tacky in the City! maybe I should reject it), a puncture kit (shouldnt that come with the car? Is it the red triangle etc to be put up as I fix the tyre), and side beading (assuming that means the scratch guard).

Have not got my husband's help so far in negotiaitons Hope to have him step in and get me the side step garnish and ducktail spoiler - let's see today.

Mdsaab, not sure if this is now at the 85 K full cash discount yet - they keep changing the corporate discount amount so it is not transparent - at least to me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Press for 85K full cash discount.
and regarding other accessories.
Illuminated side step garnish.
Ducktail spoiler.
if you like chrome you can opt for the sash moulding.
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:00   #957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04

My pleasure.
I am glad that you got a great deal, and you too are hooked and booked.
Red looks fantastic.
Do visit Wildon's fantastic thread to decode your VIN and determine build date.
And also take a print out of the famed Team-BHP PDI checklist. This will help you greatly in doing a thorough PDI.
Good luck!
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:24   #958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPRI View Post
Thanks for the mdsaab - will try that today. I walked into the dealer y'day and spoke to the GM (versus the sales manager/sales rep) and got the City VMT down to INR 9.85 L and accessories such as 3M Sunfilm, reverse parking sensor, honda car cover, PVC seat covers (that will prob look tacky in the City! maybe I should reject it), a puncture kit (shouldnt that come with the car? Is it the red triangle etc to be put up as I fix the tyre), and side beading (assuming that means the scratch guard).

Have not got my husband's help so far in negotiaitons Hope to have him step in and get me the side step garnish and ducktail spoiler - let's see today.

Mdsaab, not sure if this is now at the 85 K full cash discount yet - they keep changing the corporate discount amount so it is not transparent - at least to me!
As per my understanding, the car cover and the puncture kit come as part of the E.Kit which you can find on that price list ( its quoted as 3000/- ) . They would give that, although my SA didnt give it yesterday. But when he saw the cheque book peeping out of my pocket , he agreed to. ( that's mdsaab strategy , and he even agreed to some rubber mats , he says its worth 1k which i doubt)

I would suggest to not go for parking sensors, as if required you can always get them fitted outside for about 3k. Side protectors are good , its worth about 5750/- , i opted for it instead of the reverse sensor.

The side step garnish + duck spoiler is worth around 16k So if you can get them, it would be hell of a steal.

Hope he is giving the Extended Warranty + RSA as well in this price.
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:34   #959
Distinguished - BHPian

Enquired for the Honda City S MT, and this is what I received as quotation from Shubh Honda -

Ex-showroom - 8,39,000/-

Logistic Charges - 4,500/- (still not sure what this is?! Transportation?)
Comprehensive Insurance -28,934/- (Honda)
RT Registration - 62,726/- (they added 4K for agent's commission I bet)
Outstation Registration (Extra) - 1,000/- (can be deducted if I register there)

FINAL OTR - 9,36,160/-

No discussion on cash discount, freebies or free accessories so far. My stretched budget is 8L max (adding around 35K-40K more, at the most!), so I ll need at least 1L off this OTR. Can it be done?

As mdsaab has pointed out, 85K Cash Discount is the first in line. 8.5L might be the final price for me, and it would require some serious stretching of my budgets to get it.

Apart from what they give me, I will press for side-step door garnishes (illuminated), rear sensors/side protectors and hopefully a spoiler (preferably the ducktail one, fell in love with it's subtle elegant looks ever since I saw it in mdsaab's ownership thread).

What I really need is fog lamps - the continuous rainy season in this part of the country demands it. I doubt if they will toss them in the deal though.

Alloys can come much later when I have some more money in hand. Also decided to put Caska install on hold, because the OEM HU will become useless, and I will run out of Vitamin M.

Let's see how the negotiations go.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 3rd August 2011 at 12:36.
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:34   #960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Do share your final deal

Cheers
Ooops..i missed that. Here it is , we finalized at 9.3 L OTR for the S-MT. I am confident if you spend some more time negotiating among the three dealers here , you will definitely get something better. But i was kind of fatigued after all these negotiations, and came to a point where i had to take a decision.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks