Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2011, 18:59   #991
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
One more Q. The car goes from the stockyard to the RTO for registration. What about that time.
Is it insured. If so then a test during stockyard PDI should not be an issue
In Hyd. at least, T/R is totally done online now. Or rather, the car itself is "offline" and the process is online . The car goes to the RTO for permanent registration *after* delivery. I see the same to be the case in Gurgaon (lots of "HR99 TEMP ...." plates).

I know in Bengaluru for instance that cars are delivered with permanent registration. I don't know how they manage there.

Regards,
spadix
Old 5th August 2011, 19:28   #992
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
One manager in my company got his new i10 Magna just yesterday. Here's the deal he got:

OTR Price: 4, 58,000/-
Cash Discount: 25,000/-
Free accessories:
  • Autocop remote locking
  • All mats and mud flaps
  • 3M underbody coating
  • Art leather seats
  • No extra cost for the Grey colour (If you are not aware, then Hyundai charges 3k extra for any colour except Solid White and Solid Red)
I feel thats a very good deal he got. Also, he bought his i10 from Nasik instead of Pune, which saved another 20-25k. Sorry, no details on insurance and exchange bonus.
I went to get a Verna test drive yesterday. Inquired about the i10 deals. For i10's it was straight 30k off + mats, mud flaps and a couple of other small accessories without any bargaining.

Cheers
Old 5th August 2011, 22:13   #993
Senior - BHPian

Our car was delivered to us with the number plates.
I had done the PDI first at the stockyard.
Then the car was sent to the RTO for registration.
After which it went to the dealer showroom for their PDI
After which was final delivery.
The smart card though comes a good 3-4 weeks later.
Old 5th August 2011, 22:53   #994

Quick comment on reg'n process: the vehicle is registered on one day adn the number assigned and plates fitted on next working day - vehicles carry a 'registered' sticker until then. I don't think the vehicle actually travel to the RTO at all... ()

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
I know in Bengaluru for instance that cars are delivered with permanent registration. I don't know how they manage there.Regards,
spadix
Quote:
Our car was delivered to us with the number plates.
After which was final delivery.
The smart card though comes a good 3-4 weeks later.
Quick update on my City saga: Went for Pre-reg'n inspection today to the dealer - he showed me two vehicles just off the container (I even had a 2 hour wait for the truck to make its way through the city!). Chose one of them after the inspection. It was just too late for me to effect the money transfer so will be getting the reg'n tomorrow and (hopefully) taking delivery too.

Kap04, that is good to hear your persistence has paid off - would suggest that pre-reg'n your focus should be more on the exteriors, engine, A/C, and undercarriage if your dealer obliges (mine did). The pre-delivery inspection can be a lot more detailed in terms of checking for the functionaility of every knob, button and light etc. However, it won't harm to show the dealer you are serious about the pre-reg'n check and asking questions about what they will do in their PDI and how they will prepare the car for delivery.

BTW, I was told by my dealer that he anyway performs the 'teflon'-equivalent routine on every car he delivers - the whole rubbing compound/polish/wax/shine routine that is. Indeed, I had seen other cars being prepared for delivery in just such a fashion on other visits to the showroom.

QUESTION for this FORUM: Has anybody actually been allowed to see the dealer's internal PDI during the pre-delivery inspection as suggested by the checklist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
After a series of phone calls , the SA & his manager agreed for a PDI befre i paid the full amount. he has also sent me VIN # today. Its a may 2011 model. I'm going to do the PDI tomorrow.
Old 5th August 2011, 23:35   #995
Senior - BHPian

To be honest after doing my PDI and being satisfied about the vehicle. I did not bother much about the dealer PDI.
But if one wants to go and take a look at your car undergoing the dealer PDI. It should not be a problem at all. You are after all paying for that particular vehicle.
I little tip.
Tell your dealer you want to be present for the dealer PDI before you hand over your payment.
Once the cheque / DD is in his hand.
A lot of excuses will come out trying to deny you the same.
Old 5th August 2011, 23:57   #996
BHPian

A couple of days back I had gone to Automax Honda in Mayapuri, New Delhi to test drive ANHC. They are offering a 40 k dealer discount on the Honda City S.
Old 6th August 2011, 00:24   #997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhupinder
A couple of days back I had gone to Automax Honda in Mayapuri, New Delhi to test drive ANHC. They are offering a 40 k dealer discount on the Honda City S.
Thanks for the input.
If you are deciding on picking one up.
Please note that the discounts offered to you should be in the range of 70-85K.
This can be a mix of cash and accessories.
But total benefit should be in the above mentioned range.
Old 6th August 2011, 04:34   #998
BHPian

Re: BMW 3-series and 5-series - next generation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barua View Post

Audi is heard to be offering 4 L + discounts on the A4.

Mercedes is also offering huge discounts on the C220CDI & C250 CDI, will let you know, more as I get specifics on this.
Any updates on this? Looking at buying the Yeti, but if this comes through then maybe will take a shot at it.
Old 6th August 2011, 09:04   #999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm assuming then, that the T/R must've been done *before* the car went out to the RTO. Once T/R is done, insurance can be bought.

Or is there no concept of T/R at all in Pune? If this is the case, then you're correct that the dealer should have been able to let you do that drive outside of the stockyard during your PDI (with supervision, of course).

Quote:
To be honest after doing my PDI and being satisfied about the vehicle. I did not bother much about the dealer PDI.
But if one wants to go and take a look at your car undergoing the dealer PDI. It should not be a problem at all. You are after all paying for that particular vehicle.
I little tip.
Tell your dealer you want to be present for the dealer PDI before you hand over your payment.
Once the cheque / DD is in his hand.
A lot of excuses will come out trying to deny you the same.
+1

Honda gives you a checklist when the vehicle is delivered. It records all of the items that have been checked/tested during the dealer's PDI. It's pretty comprehensive. The only question is, do you trust the dealer enough to say that he hasn't just tick-marked everything without actually performing the inspection?

Regards,
spadix
Old 6th August 2011, 09:17   #1000
Senior - BHPian

I do feel the dealer PDI will be carried out.
But not necessarily all the items in the checklist. Maybe some not even thoroughly.
They probably check the most important things on the list. And the rest have a high chance of just being tick marked.
But thats a huge debate which can go on for pages.
And each dealer will have their own level of PDI.
Some good, some bad and some even ugly.
Old 6th August 2011, 16:10   #1001
Distinguished - BHPian

Continuing on the quoted deal for the Honda City S MT, dealer is ready to give 80K off flat. But not budging for fog lamps and insists I have to pay for the same.

He is also offering a Elegance pack - side protectors, bumper protectors, back up sensors, exhaust pipe finisher and illuminated side step garnishes, at 10K off the price of the kit, which is around 35K. Disappointed that the fog lamps aren't included, or it would have been a great all-round finishing kit for the S variant.

He said there is also an Inspire kit on offer, although the stuff included in that didn't inspire me too much - many purely cosmetic stuff and better interior trims.

I can live without the alloys, spoiler and tweeters for now. But the fog lamps are a must for the city I am in, due to the continuous rains and traveling at night. Let's see if he gets ready to throw those into the deal.

Final OTR (at the moment) - 8,56,160/- (without Elegance kit)

2 questions (specially for mdsaab, he's more or less an expert on City deals):

1) Is the Elegance kit worth going for?

2) How are the OEM front headlight bulbs in the City like at night? Do they need upgrading?
Old 6th August 2011, 16:57   #1002
BHPian

May be funny but true... Last week I was looking for a Bolero quotation. The shop offered me 1K corporate discount. If they say that M&M is not giving any discount then also its ok but 1K
Old 6th August 2011, 19:50   #1003
BHPian

Re: BMW 3-series and 5-series - next generation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhun View Post
Any updates on this? Looking at buying the Yeti, but if this comes through then maybe will take a shot at it.
merc is at same level 3-4 lacs on C's .. and they have a 7 year loan from mercedes benz too with zero charge for foreclosure ( non bank)
Old 6th August 2011, 23:14   #1004
BHPian

Had been to a Honda dealer in Bengaluru today. Deal offered in first visit (no negotiation what so ever):
ANHC VAT OTR: 11,38,860
Cash Discount: 60,360
Final OTR: 10,78,500

The sale rep said the above discount includes rebat on complete insurance premium. When I said I have 50% NCB for insurance, he said he can give that also. Not sure how that is possible if the price I am paying for insurance is 0 (after the discounts).

Now,
1. is this the best deal? Or is there more juice to be extracted. If so, how much is the norm now a days for VAT in Blore.
2. why are such huge discounts being offered even after the price cut? Does this confirm a facelift. Was also looking out for Jazz, but could not see one since they are waiting for the facelift. So this has made me think even ANHC may get facelift. Any pointers, please let me know.
Old 7th August 2011, 07:07   #1005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
Does this confirm a facelift. Was also looking out for Jazz, but could not see one since they are waiting for the facelift. So this has made me think even ANHC may get facelift. Any pointers, please let me know.
Facelift for City is likelier in 2012, I think, with the Brio and Jazz taking management atention. Heard from a company source that changes, apart from a sunroof option, will likely remain cosmetic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks