Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2011, 08:58   #1006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi
Continuing on the quoted deal for the Honda City S MT, dealer is ready to give 80K off flat. But not budging for fog lamps and insists I have to pay for the same.

He is also offering a Elegance pack - side protectors, bumper protectors, back up sensors, exhaust pipe finisher and illuminated side step garnishes, at 10K off the price of the kit, which is around 35K. Disappointed that the fog lamps aren't included, or it would have been a great all-round finishing kit for the S variant.

He said there is also an Inspire kit on offer, although the stuff included in that didn't inspire me too much - many purely cosmetic stuff and better interior trims.

I can live without the alloys, spoiler and tweeters for now. But the fog lamps are a must for the city I am in, due to the continuous rains and traveling at night. Let's see if he gets ready to throw those into the deal.

Final OTR (at the moment) - 8,56,160/- (without Elegance kit)

2 questions (specially for mdsaab, he's more or less an expert on City deals):

1) Is the Elegance kit worth going for?

2) How are the OEM front headlight bulbs in the City like at night? Do they need upgrading?
80K off is a fabulous offer. Especially after price reduction. To squeeze fog lamps for free will be really tough.
What you can do is ask for a special price on the fog lamps to much like he has given you on the elegance package. The dealers have decent margins on OE accessories, so i am sure he can work out a tempting offer for you. Tell him to speak to his manager. Or better still have a word with him yourself. Also take the booking cheque along. Make it clear ~ give me a good deal ~ this cheque is yours. Also do not forget to get full body cover thrown in.

Side protectors and illuminated side step garnish cost 15-16K itself. So IMHO i think 10K off is a good deal. Especially if you want the other accessories.
Beware of the bumper protectors though. Many have not liked it and feel it spoils the look. If you too feel the same. Have the cost of it removed from the package. If he says you have to take the package as a whole. You can always collect the bumper protectors but tell him i fill have them fitted at a later stage. That way the option is left to you. Either fit them, gift them, sell them etc.

About the headlights. For City use they are adequate.
But not so much so for the highway.
I am here in Meherabad right now. And its dark out on the roads leading up to the Meher Pilgrim Retreat.
So in the night since there was no oncoming traffic i switched to high beam. But there being only one bulb the focus switches forward with the closer objects not lit adequately.
So i switched on the fog lamps.
This helped to a great extent.
So i would definately recommend you to pick up a pair of fogs from Honda itself.
You can first try out with this setup.
However if you feel the need for a more powerful setup. Try and go for one which will not require a relay, as its less of a headache.
RemingtonSteele is quite the expert on that. He recommended a philips setup. Of which the setup is close to a 100w setup but without the need of a relay.
Also i heard some Honda dealer was offering an HID kit for the ANHC.
My suggestion to you. Leave the headlights stock at first. Opt for Fog lights.
If you feel the need ,upgrade to non relay bulbs which would cost under 1K.
mdsaab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2011, 09:22   #1007
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I have recently come to know that Mercedes Benz is offering a 30-35% discount on their C class vehicles, scheduled to change very soon. Cant get better.
But i am not getting more then 3-4 lac from merc and no where close to the 30-35% mark .. any idea if this is for current year stock or last year's old stock? I feel these could be for 2010 cars they still may have , or showroom 'demo' cars?
Old 7th August 2011, 11:29   #1008
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

I am considering the Hyundai i10's automatic model, the cheapest on road price for the i10 automatic in BLR would be very helpful, also, are there any discounts on offer for the automatic version? Please get me the BLR on road prices for the ALto K10 VXi too Thanks in advance
Old 7th August 2011, 15:30   #1009
BHPian

hello people I am looking forward to buy Skoda Laura (elegance M/T) does any one know of any discounts or offers in the Delhi NCR area
Old 7th August 2011, 16:23   #1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Honda gives you a checklist when the vehicle is delivered. It records all of the items that have been checked/tested during the dealer's PDI. It's pretty comprehensive. The only question is, do you trust the dealer enough to say that he hasn't just tick-marked everything without actually performing the inspection?
Regards,
spadix
Folks, took delivery of my honda City last evening - when it was still light enough for me to conduct a PDI. I had asked to be present for the dealer PDI but they had declined saying we would not even be allowed on the premises - not sure I bought that fully! BUT, had a very smooth experience with the car delivery. All my checks were ok and all accessories promised delivered and a couple of others I had forgotten to ask for were added-in when I mentioned them at the end.

Thank you all for your comments, encouragement (to negotiate with the dealer!) and inputs. More power to Team BHP!

Will be posting pics sometime soon - had a lovely Sunday morning drive today with family in the new buy.
RPRI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2011, 18:42   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPRI View Post
Folks, took delivery of my honda City last evening - when it was still light enough for me to conduct a PDI. I had asked to be present for the dealer PDI but they had declined saying we would not even be allowed on the premises - not sure I bought that fully! BUT, had a very smooth experience with the car delivery. All my checks were ok and all accessories promised delivered and a couple of others I had forgotten to ask for were added-in when I mentioned them at the end.

Thank you all for your comments, encouragement (to negotiate with the dealer!) and inputs. More power to Team BHP!

Will be posting pics sometime soon - had a lovely Sunday morning drive today with family in the new buy.
Congrats on getting your new ride Enjoy the i-VTEC. I would be getting mine in the next 10 days

I had also conducted my PDI yesterday. Since we are not allowed on the stockyard, they had driven the car to the showroom. They did a quick wash and brought the car into the showroom for us to see. I had taken a cousin of mine also with me, and we had a look at the car with the checklist in hand. The odometer was showing only 11 kms . And overall the car looked perfect, couldnt find any non compliances

Last edited by Vid6639 : 8th August 2011 at 09:39. Reason: More than 2 smileys per post are not permitted. Thanks.
Old 7th August 2011, 19:52   #1012
BHPian

Quote:
Folks, took delivery of my honda City last evening - when it was still light enough for me to conduct a PDI.

Congrats Bro! You just bought the best petrol engine in its class - i-VTEC!! Enjoy!!!
Looking forward to a detailed ownership report with lots of pics.
Old 7th August 2011, 20:07   #1013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I am considering the Hyundai i10's automatic model, the cheapest on road price for the i10 automatic in BLR would be very helpful, also, are there any discounts on offer for the automatic version? Please get me the BLR on road prices for the ALto K10 VXi too Thanks in advance
In the i10 AT there are two options.
The Sportz AT.
and the Fully loaded Asta AT.
You can definately get free insurance.
or as mentioned on this thread flat 25K off + free accessories.

Quote:

Congratulations ~ now we look forward to an ownership thread soon.
Looks like they do a very secretive inspection. LOL!
Glad that the delivery experience was silky smooth.
Wishing you many miles of joyful motoring with your new beauty!
Drive Safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Congrats on getting your new ride Enjoy the i-VTEC. I would be getting mine in the next 10 days

I had also conducted my PDI yesterday. Since we are not allowed on the stockyard, they had driven the car to the showroom. They did a quick wash and brought the car into the showroom for us to see. I had taken a cousin of mine also with me, and we had a look at the car with the checklist in hand. The odometer was showing only 11 kms . And overall the car looked perfect, couldnt find any non compliances
But why were you not allowed on the stockyard, should not have been a problem. anyways since your PDI went well, nothing to complain about. and 11kms on the ODO seems just right. Btw how far is the stockyard from the showroom?
I am glad all izz well.
Wishing you the very best, for those tough 10 sleepless nights.
Old 7th August 2011, 22:59   #1014
BHPian

Hi guys,

Any update on the offers for Petrol version of Ritz in kerala. Onam is nearby!
Old 8th August 2011, 12:05   #1015
BHPian

Hi Folks,

We are planning to buy Alto LXi for my wife. We got a quote of on-road 3.04L for Ghaziabad (U.P) Registration. Can I know, is there any more discounts/negotiation possible? Also, advise on freebees.. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by yousivakutti : 8th August 2011 at 12:06. Reason: Font
Old 8th August 2011, 12:17   #1016
BHPian

Outlander at Rs.15,000 EMI!

Yup, according to an ad in the paper yesterday and a chat with the dealer you can now own the Mitsubishi Outlander for an EMI of just Rs.15,000 per month if you buy in the month of August.

Or so it seems. After a down-payment of Rs.900,000; your EMI for the first year is Rs.15,000; 2nd year is Rs.25,000; 3rd year is Rs.35,000; 4th year is 45,000; and 5th year is Rs.56,000!!

It seems like a good deal, until you calculate how much you end up paying totally, which begs the question - why??

An EMI of Rs.56,000 for the Outlander is rather OTT if you ask me. What do you guys think?
Old 8th August 2011, 13:10   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Ooops..i missed that. Here it is , we finalized at 9.3 L OTR for the S-MT. I am confident if you spend some more time negotiating among the three dealers here , you will definitely get something better. But i was kind of fatigued after all these negotiations, and came to a point where i had to take a decision.
kap04, can you please give the breakup of your deal, and what accessories were offered.
From the price list I got from my dealer today, it says the Bangalore OTR of S-MT is 9,98,092. So it seems you got a discount of around 68K.

I am looking for VAT, and was offered 60K discount in the very first visit. So want to know if I can better it. Will be very helpful if you can find out from your dealer (is it Magnum on Kanakpura?) what is the best he can offer on VAT.

Sorry for asking so much on the forum directly, but my current membership status does not allow PMs, and am seriously looking out to buy a car. Will be great if you can PM me your email, so can shoot Qs offline.

Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 13:30   #1018
BHPian

Hi all,

Got this deal for AHNC (VMT) from Apex Honda Mumbai. OTR 9.4L (including 60k cash discount & 4years extended warranty & zero dep. insurance) Paid Accessories - Elegance Kit + HID Xenon. Both worth 50,600. I'm paying 35k. Free Accessories - Mats, Body Cover, Anti-rust (3M), Cushions.

Any comments / suggestions?

@mdsaab / remingtonsteele / charthom / bluevolt - Been following your threads closely and would joining your gang soon. Any comments / recomendations on the offer I got above
Old 8th August 2011, 13:32   #1019
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Outlander at Rs.15,000 EMI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
It seems like a good deal, until you calculate how much you end up paying totally, which begs the question - why??

An EMI of Rs.56,000 for the Outlander is rather OTT if you ask me. What do you guys think?
So the total payment comes to around 30L or so ! And that too for a car which depreciates like S&*T !

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 8th August 2011 at 13:33.
Old 8th August 2011, 13:38   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Hi all,

Got this deal for AHNC (VMT) from Apex Honda Mumbai. OTR 9.4L (including 60k cash discount & 4years extended warranty & zero dep. insurance) Paid Accessories - Elegance Kit + HID Xenon. Both worth 50,600. I'm paying 35k. Free Accessories - Mats, Body Cover, Anti-rust (3M), Cushions.

Any comments / suggestions?

@mdsaab / remingtonsteele / charthom / bluevolt - Been following your threads closely and would joining your gang soon. Any comments / recomendations on the offer I got above
Congrats. BTW did you check with Linkway Honda? I spoke to them last week, and on the phone the offer was : OTR = 10, 50K discount = 9.5, plus a corporate discount of 15k = 9.35. On asking about accessories, he told me we can always sit down and negotiate something. However, seems you have got a good deal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks