Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2011, 13:38   #1021
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Bought a Honda City VMT - Exclusive, 9.95 Lac on road. Minus all the Chrome. Freebies include - Illuminated Side Step Garnish, Under Body Anti Rust Coating, Mirror Locks, Mats, Teflon polish. Will be getting the delivery on 12th August.
Old 8th August 2011, 14:17   #1022
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Hi all,

Got this deal for AHNC (VMT) from Apex Honda Mumbai. OTR 9.4L (including 60k cash discount & 4years extended warranty & zero dep. insurance) Paid Accessories - Elegance Kit + HID Xenon. Both worth 50,600. I'm paying 35k. Free Accessories - Mats, Body Cover, Anti-rust (3M), Cushions.

Any comments / suggestions?

@mdsaab / remingtonsteele / charthom / bluevolt - Been following your threads closely and would joining your gang soon. Any comments / recomendations on the offer I got above
You can bump up cash discount to 70K for sure.
85K also highly possible.
Free accessories seem in line.
Old 8th August 2011, 15:01   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraye View Post
Congrats. BTW did you check with Linkway Honda? I spoke to them last week, and on the phone the offer was : OTR = 10, 50K discount = 9.5, plus a corporate discount of 15k = 9.35. On asking about accessories, he told me we can always sit down and negotiate something. However, seems you have got a good deal.
Linkway Honda the customer service is very poor. Had to chase them atleast 4 times to get a copy of accessory list. Not inspiring at all for a potential customer.

Found Apex a lot better in terms of their CS. Quite responsive, prompt and very efficient atleast so far (fingers crossed)
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 15:09   #1024
Distinguished - BHPian

"Dealers in Chennai and Mumbai who confirmed that they were offering Rs. 20,000 cash discount for Nano LX and Nano CX. Cash discount on the Nano standard (base variant) is Rs. 15,000."
Get Rs 20,000 discount on Nano LX and CX, Rs 15,000 discount on Nano standard | DWS Auto India

Cheers!
Old 8th August 2011, 15:15   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
Linkway Honda the customer service is very poor. Had to chase them atleast 4 times to get a copy of accessory list. Not inspiring at all for a potential customer.

Found Apex a lot better in terms of their CS. Quite responsive, prompt and very efficient atleast so far (fingers crossed)
Thanks for letting me know. I am currently waiting for the Jazz, and will keep this in mind. This feedback definately helps. Dealership experience is as important a factor as price/deals for a new car.
Old 8th August 2011, 15:42   #1026
BHPian

Quote:

Wait for a couple of days. An Apex guy from corporate is gonna call me up. I shall update as soon as I get any further deal details.

BTW they had offered me 80K (50K + 15K Corporate + another 15K) cash down last month when I went there. But they weren't able to match the accessory deals that are happening in Pune, so didn't go for it.

Cheers
Old 8th August 2011, 16:45   #1027
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys. Its really tempting to see that Honda is offering such a huge discount. I am on a lookout for a sedan and did enquire about the pricing of CITY in Chennai at Capital Honda. For SMT, they offered me a maximum discount of 40k + 10K corporate. Does any one know that any other dealer in Chennai is offering a better discount?
Old 8th August 2011, 16:56   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Wait for a couple of days. An Apex guy from corporate is gonna call me up. I shall update as soon as I get any further deal details.

BTW they had offered me 80K (50K + 15K Corporate + another 15K) cash down last month when I went there. But they weren't able to match the accessory deals that are happening in Pune, so didn't go for it.

Cheers
Thanks sahakar, Apex is offering me a total of 75k disc exclusive of free accessories. I'm not eligible for corp discount as my co. does'nt fall under their approved list. But I will wait for you to come back before I seal it.
Old 8th August 2011, 17:42   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
But they weren't able to match the accessory deals that are happening in Pune, so didn't go for it. Cheers
@Sahakar, since I am in a position to buy a car from either Mumbai or Pune , I am speaking to dealers in both cities too. In Pune, so far I have spoken to Deccan Honda and Crystal Honda. Any advice to which Pune dealer you would recommend would be very helpful.
Old 8th August 2011, 19:14   #1030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
kap04, can you please give the breakup of your deal, and what accessories were offered.
From the price list I got from my dealer today, it says the Bangalore OTR of S-MT is 9,98,092. So it seems you got a discount of around 68K.

I am looking for VAT, and was offered 60K discount in the very first visit. So want to know if I can better it. Will be very helpful if you can find out from your dealer (is it Magnum on Kanakpura?) what is the best he can offer on VAT.

Sorry for asking so much on the forum directly, but my current membership status does not allow PMs, and am seriously looking out to buy a car. Will be great if you can PM me your email, so can shoot Qs offline.

Thanks
On the price list i have, the OTR price in BLR is shown as 10,08,181 which includes the Ex.Warranty + RSA + E.Kit . I finalized the S-MT at 9.3 L, which includes the Ex.Warranty + RSA + E.Kit, so that translates to about 78K discount , and a few accessories like Sun film, Door Protectors and Mats.

Regarding breakup, even i dont have a clue about it . When i asked my SA during my final negotiation, he said he needs to sit with his manager to provide me a breakup. Only thing i was concerned about was the final OTR price of the car which would be the cheque i would be handing over , which was 9.3 L OTR. So i didnt bother much about how they would be handling that mathematics

I would also like to add one more factor which probably helped , which is that another friend of mine was also planning to take an S-MT, and i negotiated with the dealers promising that we would be taking 2 cars. And he has also booked his car a day after i did , so probably that helped us in nailing this deal.

Good luck with your negotiations , hope to see u in an i-VTEC soon.
Old 8th August 2011, 19:28   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Hi Guys. Its really tempting to see that Honda is offering such a huge discount. I am on a lookout for a sedan and did enquire about the pricing of CITY in Chennai at Capital Honda. For SMT, they offered me a maximum discount of 40k + 10K corporate. Does any one know that any other dealer in Chennai is offering a better discount?
From my Bengaluru experience, you should be getting more , at least 20k more. This was what i heard initially from one of the dealers in Blr as well, Free Insurance + Corp Discount + Accessories. But keep on squeezing , you would get more. Good luck
Old 8th August 2011, 21:03   #1032
BHPian

Friends,

After selling off the petrol cars, I am now heading towards Diesel. Today I booked Ritz Vdi, Super White. The Sales Manager promised me to deliver this in two days

Just waiting for my loan to be processed.

Currently there are no discounts available on Ritz Vdi, but he promised me the following

1. Immediate Delivery
2. Seat Covers - Fabric
3. Body Cover (Don't know if I use it or not)
4. Teflon Coating (Is it really needed for a Super White car?)
5. Side Beedings
6. Foot Mats
7. Mud Flaps

Is it a good offer or shall I ask for more or change any of these? Please suggest.
Old 8th August 2011, 23:05   #1033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
So i didnt bother much about how they would be handling that mathematics
First of all, congratulations!

Secondly, I think you should pay attention to the math. Depending on how the discounts are factored in, you are saving a pretty packet on road tax and insurance and the dealer is very conveniently pocketing all of that!

Regards,
spadix
Old 8th August 2011, 23:27   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraye View Post
@Sahakar, since I am in a position to buy a car from either Mumbai or Pune , I am speaking to dealers in both cities too. In Pune, so far I have spoken to Deccan Honda and Crystal Honda. Any advice to which Pune dealer you would recommend would be very helpful.
alam86 cracked this deal. Search for his posts for the details before you go to the dealers in Pune. I think he went to Deccan Honda [Bafna] - the dealership near Wadia College on Bund Garden Road.

Cheers
Old 8th August 2011, 23:33   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks sahakar, Apex is offering me a total of 75k disc exclusive of free accessories. I'm not eligible for corp discount as my co. does'nt fall under their approved list. But I will wait for you to come back before I seal it.
Whom are you talking to in Apex. PM me his/her name.

There are around 3 of us who are trying to crack a deal for the City. Right now Addis Marketing is doing around a 10k better deal than Apex but still not matching alam86's deal. You can pile on if we finally go for it of course provided we can better your deal.

Also, if we go ahead we would do the deal around the end of the month. Thats when the dealers would be the most desperate.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks