Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2009, 19:53   #91

pls provide latest price of vista aura & LE

Hi

Could any of the latest buyers in this forum please give the latest price of indica vista qjet aura (both regular and the first year anniversary edition). I am seriously thinking of going for one this week and I would like to know the split-up of the prices and the latest deal on offer before I can go with the dealer.

It will also be very helpful if you guys can provide the dealer and the extra freebies that I can normally expect. This will help a lot in having some idea before I can decide who will be the better option.

I am living in Bangalore South and I have visited the concorde(dairy circle) and prerna (near HSR)...

thanks in advance.

regards
shanki

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd December 2009 at 20:42. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread, Thanks
Old 13th January 2010, 10:19   #92

Booking the Chevy Beat

All,

I have decided to book the Chevy Beat after looking at i10/Ritz. Not that Idid any kind of fair comparison but since Beat was new and fresh in the market and of course, had the Green option, I decided to book it.

Have booked the LT version 4.14L ex-Pune. Got everything minus ABS, Alloys and Airbags. Not sure if paying 40-50k more is worth the money. And of course no deal from the Dealer.. not even the basics like Mudflaps, carpet etc. Is that fair or should I bargain ?

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th January 2010 at 10:24. Reason: Please use search before opening a new thread, Thanks
Old 13th January 2010, 10:30   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer View Post
All,

I have decided to book the Chevy Beat after looking at i10/Ritz. Not that Idid any kind of fair comparison but since Beat was new and fresh in the market and of course, had the Green option, I decided to book it.

Have booked the LT version 4.14L ex-Pune. Got everything minus ABS, Alloys and Airbags. Not sure if paying 40-50k more is worth the money. And of course no deal from the Dealer.. not even the basics like Mudflaps, carpet etc. Is that fair or should I bargain ?
+
Alloys you can get it later,
however, imo, you should have opted for ABS and Airbags or atleast ABS?
Old 13th January 2010, 12:04   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
New Car quotation(s):
Place: Hyderabad

Make: Honda City
Variant: 1.5 V MT
Ex-showroom price: Rs 8,99,000.00
Discount: Rs 15,000.00 (corporate discount for recognized companies)
Road-tax(9%): Rs 79,560.00
Handling fees: Rs 6,000.000
Insurance: Rs 18,645.00 (ICICI Lombard), Rs 20350.00 [approximately] (Iffco-Tokyo)
Freebies: 2 years extended warranty, floor and boot mats.
OTR price: Rs 9,88,205.00

Make: Ford Fiesta
Variant: 1.6 ZXi leather limited edition
Ex-showroom price: Rs 6,53,000.00
Discount: Rs 60,000.00 (year end sales)
Road-tax(9%): Rs 53,370.00
Handling fees: Rs 5,500.00
Accessories: Rs 2,470.00 (floor mats, boot mats and mud-flaps)
Extended warranty: Rs 5,350.00 (for 3rd year), Rs 9500.00 [approximately] (for 3rd and 4th year)
Insurance: Rs 17,018.00 (ICICI Lombard)
Freebies: None
OTR price: Rs 6,76,708.00
Sorry for late response, If you opting for Honda city then read this.
I bought Honda S MT last april. I got an external quote of same value 19K odd and the dealer quote was 28K. I told the dealer I am getting 19K deal and whatever benifits you give me I will buy from outside, to which the salesman immediately said ok we will match the amount . So if you are rigid they will come down. Also please avoid ICICI insurance, you can hear lot of cries on this forum itself.

Also I see a lot of hidden charges in your quote.
Road-tax(9%): Rs 79,560.00
Handling fees: Rs 6,000.000

Please check Road Tax cause I was said that the road tax component is 68K while when my vehicle was registered it was 54K only. When I queried they say its the amount that dealer spends to get car registered.14K to register a car???? Its there cut. Insist to see a road tax reciept of a recently sold car and you will get the right amount. Regarding handling fees, check with other dealers are they charging it or not..

Also just addup, insist on Michelin tyres, Honda provides it as an option too.
Old 13th January 2010, 12:47   #95

@Nairrk.. Thanks!

"Alloys you can get it later,
however, imo, you should have opted for ABS and Airbags or atleast ABS?"

I would have got ABS had they given an option to do so. The option pack comes bundled with ABS + Airbags + Alloys. I was thinking about it, read TBhp forums on the effectiveness of ABS+Airbags. Honestly, I am not so confident about the practicality of Airbags and whether I can believe in the car to deploy it in time of need. Also, my other car does not have ABS, so switching between them may make it difficult. This being a city car ( for most part ) I think I can live without it.

Do let me know if anyone gets to know what I should bargain for?
Old 15th January 2010, 10:34   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Ritz being recently launched, you don't usually get discount on it.
Swift, selling like hotcakes with new K series engine & DDiS engine, it's hard to get discount.

Excuse me, but i guess the Swift is NOT yet released with the K-series engine. It still is sold with the same 1.3L engine.
Old 18th January 2010, 03:19   #97
BHPian

I'm looking for info on the sweetest deals available for i10 Magna 1.2 in New Delhi. If anyone has bought one in jan do share the break up of your deal and freebies. Also please guide which Hyundai Sales outlets in Delhi to approach for the best offers.

I'm aware i can arrive at all the answers myself with some amount of due dilligence but then again nothing like getting it cross checked at t-bhp !
Old 25th January 2010, 23:01   #98
Senior - BHPian

@surfer: I am still haggling with the dealer. But they are still sticking. No discounts. I too asked ABS to be done separately without Airbags and Alloys, the answer was negative. :(

@Driver: Yes, it seems that none of the dealers are allowed to commit that the new engine is available, many of the clients who came for booking also did not sign the dotted line when I asked for the new Swift K series. I was the devil in the showroom. lol

@better4worse: I am still contemplating between i10/Ritz/Beat. So maybe if there are good discounts I will take any.

Cheers!
Old 26th January 2010, 20:12   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
@surfer: I am still haggling with the dealer. But they are still sticking. No discounts. I too asked ABS to be done separately without Airbags and Alloys, the answer was negative. :(

@Driver: Yes, it seems that none of the dealers are allowed to commit that the new engine is available, many of the clients who came for booking also did not sign the dotted line when I asked for the new Swift K series. I was the devil in the showroom. lol

@better4worse: I am still contemplating between i10/Ritz/Beat. So maybe if there are good discounts I will take any.

Cheers!
@Sn1p3r

Actually we were looking to buy two cars within the extended family and have zero-ed in on one car for sure...quite expectedly it is the i10.. its our first one outside the Maruti Family. I'll share the complete deal board with fellow bhp-ians in my next post. As for the discounts/freebies...man the dealers aren't willing to give much of anything.....managed to eek out 5 grand as dealer discount along with car cover + mudflaps + foot mats + gear lock)

As for my personal ride...I am confused big time....my heart & soul is all for the ANHC....but my brain keeps reminding me that a smaller car would be so easy on the pocket (..possibly i10/Beat/new swift....much like your situation)

New Swift, I intend to take a test drive as soon as its available, but coming from Wagon R (read tall boy design/ roominess around the seat) I wonder if swift will make me feel any better or worse !

i10, drove it a couple of times as part of TD at different showrooms. Now having driven maruti/suzuki all my life. The feel of i10 (have driven i20 too) was nice but different. Sumhow the electronic steering on both the i10 & i20 felt so much like the joysticky (for lack of a better word) different from the EPS on Maruti cars.

As for the Beat, a very impressed fellow BHP-ian has strongly recommended that I test drive it before taking the plunge. I am waiting for my chance at that.
Old 26th January 2010, 21:07   #100
Senior - BHPian

^^
Maybe this link might help. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1697220

Cheers!
Old 31st January 2010, 18:04   #101
BHPian

How sweet is this Fiesta Deal?

Gurus,

I am getting a Fiesta 1.6 Sxi (Diamond White) offer from a local dealer. The car is a showroom display vehicle and odo shows 20 kms. It is manufactured in Sep09 (deduced based on VIN) and is being offered at the discount price that was applicable during 2009 year end on Fiestas - 7.4 Lacs on road.

In 7.4 Lacs on road I am also getting:
- T&P Registration
- Essential Pack
- 3M sun film

I checked the vehicle. Does not seem to have been used for test drives and no scratches or damages upfront. No rusting on discs either. Just minor dirt on the leather where the plastic has come off and I think it can be cleaned.

The 2010 Fiesta is at 8.30 on road and available to 8.00 lacs to me (corporate discount). The above 2009 is one last piece with the dealer.

Is this a good deal? Or is it better to play safe and take the 2010 latest model (though there is no functionality change) at 60 extra?
Old 31st January 2010, 18:10   #102
Senior - BHPian

No rusting on discs? A SEP 09 manufactured car should have atleast some rust in that area, as it is supposed to be parked in the stockyard.

Check with the dealer about where the car was kept for these many days. No rust might mean that the car was being used.

A thoroughly washed and waxed car will also look as good as new, provided it is dent and scratch free.

Quote:
Just minor dirt on the leather where the plastic has come off and I think it can be cleaned.
And what is it about this? I dont get it.
Old 31st January 2010, 18:17   #103
BHPian

@DRIV3R

As per the dealer it has been in their air conditioned showroom for most of the time and not in open stockyard.

SXi gets beige leather seats and trims. Since many people would have sat in to check the interiors, that has caused the beige to become dirty at some places ...
Old 31st January 2010, 18:19   #104
BHPian

I had bought my safari in a similar circumstance.As far as my experience goes i did not face any issues till now @10,000 kms already.But take a present fiesta owner along and a mechanic if possible.Go for a long test drive if possible.Also check the steering,gear knob,pedals etc for excessive wear.Inspect the seats properly and the carpeting.also check for scratches near ignition key hole.All these will indicate if the car has been used for test drives.On the exterior,check the tyres for excessive wear.Also put the vehicle in open sunlight and check for dents,knicks scratches etc.Open all doors,hood,boot door etc and at the inner edges of all doors(including boot and hood) use your finger nail to scratch and feel a thin plastic/rubber-transparent-like coating(This is not present in replaced doors).Also inspect the hood area for any spot welding signs.Check the headlight and grill allignment with the fenders.Inspect under-body for any scratches due to scraping.Use your judgement and also try to bargain more.I feel you can bargain 1 lakh plus easily.Rusting will happen only if the car is parked outside.But try to do a surprise visit to the showroom again and see if the car is parked there itself.

Last edited by freewheelburnin : 31st January 2010 at 18:29.
Old 31st January 2010, 18:31   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post
I checked the vehicle. Does not seem to have been used for test drives and no scratches or damages upfront. No rusting on discs either. Just minor dirt on the leather where the plastic has come off and I think it can be cleaned.
1. Make sure the odo reading is correct. freewheelburnin has already given you tips for the same.
2. Ask them to clean the interiors completely.
3. I feel you should be able to negotiate a bit more. 20 to 40k more atleast.
4. What is the essential pack that you mentioned?

Most Viewed