Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2011, 23:35   #1036
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackparag View Post
Bought a Honda City VMT - Exclusive, 9.95 Lac on road. Minus all the Chrome. Freebies include - Illuminated Side Step Garnish, Under Body Anti Rust Coating, Mirror Locks, Mats, Teflon polish. Will be getting the delivery on 12th August.
Which dealer did you get this from?

Cheers
Old 9th August 2011, 00:03   #1037
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraye View Post
@Sahakar, since I am in a position to buy a car from either Mumbai or Pune , I am speaking to dealers in both cities too. In Pune, so far I have spoken to Deccan Honda and Crystal Honda. Any advice to which Pune dealer you would recommend would be very helpful.
Deccan Honda has been able to provide a slightly better deal.
So i would suggest you speak to them.
A good idea is to pit them against each other.
You take a deal from Crystal Honda.
up it a little, realistically though.
and then you walk into Deccan Honda.
You tell them you have seen the car, and are there only to talk business, tell them that you visited Crystal. and if they offer you a better deal you are going to give the business to them. Do not disclose your Crystal honda deal details till you hear his first offer.
Voila, watch him magically match the offer and then up it a little.
It's almost like a good game of Poker.
~~~
Anyone else can also use this trick.
It does indeed help in getting a better deal.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 00:46   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraye View Post
@Sahakar, since I am in a position to buy a car from either Mumbai or Pune , I am speaking to dealers in both cities too. In Pune, so far I have spoken to Deccan Honda and Crystal Honda. Any advice to which Pune dealer you would recommend would be very helpful.
As far as a better overall deal is considered, we got it from Deccan Honda. What I mean by 'overall deal' is - discounts + accessories. We really wanted some of the accessories that were on offer, so chose Deccan Honda.

As far as pure cash discounts is concerned, we got the best deal from Crystal Honda, who basically said straight 85K discount and no free accessories. This happened towards the end of our negotiations - when we had pretty much finalized on Deccan Honda. When the game was about accessories between the two - Deccan Honda was better.

What we ended up getting from Deccan Honda was a discount of 65K plus a boat load of free accessories. See my post earlier in this thread.

Good luck deal hunting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
alam86 cracked this deal. Search for his posts for the details before you go to the dealers in Pune. I think he went to Deccan Honda [Bafna] - the dealership near Wadia College on Bund Garden Road.

Cheers
That's correct - our deal was through Deccan Honda. We completed our Pre-Registration inspection on Saturday and the car will be delivered on Wednesday.

Quote:
Whom are you talking to in Apex. PM me his/her name.

There are around 3 of us who are trying to crack a deal for the City. Right now Addis Marketing is doing around a 10k better deal than Apex but still not matching alam86's deal. You can pile on if we finally go for it of course provided we can better your deal.

Also, if we go ahead we would do the deal around the end of the month. Thats when the dealers would be the most desperate.

Cheers
If it is going to be 3 of you - you should get a better deal. See the following post in Charthom's thread - some one posted that they were able to get free leather seats and few other accessories along with discounts when they went as a group:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2415291
alam86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 10:05   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Which dealer did you get this from?

Cheers
Apex Honda, Worli. Which Apex are you in touch with and for what model?
Old 9th August 2011, 11:04   #1040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alam86 View Post
As far as a better overall deal is considered, we got it from Deccan Honda. What I mean by 'overall deal' is - discounts + accessories. We really wanted some of the accessories that were on offer, so chose Deccan Honda.

As far as pure cash discounts is concerned, we got the best deal from Crystal Honda, who basically said straight 85K discount and no free accessories. This happened towards the end of our negotiations - when we had pretty much finalized on Deccan Honda. When the game was about accessories between the two - Deccan Honda was better.

What we ended up getting from Deccan Honda was a discount of 65K plus a boat load of free accessories. See my post earlier in this thread.

Good luck deal hunting!

That's correct - our deal was through Deccan Honda. We completed our Pre-Registration inspection on Saturday and the car will be delivered on Wednesday.

If it is going to be 3 of you - you should get a better deal. See the following post in Charthom's thread - some one posted that they were able to get free leather seats and few other accessories along with discounts when they went as a group:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2415291
Hey that's tomorrow. Fantastic! wishing you a great delivery experience.
and look forward to an ownership thread soon.

So you managed to get the full 85K cash discount too. That's awesome.
The after sales service at Deccan Honda Pimpri is really good. Be sure to try it out.
Old 9th August 2011, 11:22   #1041
Distinguished - BHPian

August has all of a sudden turned into the month of car launches. With ample amount of vehicles set to be unleashed onto Indian roads, we tend to forget the awesome deals which await us. Volkswagen will launch the new Jetta on the 17 of August. In order to clear stock of the old model, the company is offering a cash discount of upto Rs. 75,000/-.

Volkswagen Clearing Stock Of Old Jetta | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

Cheers!
Old 9th August 2011, 11:28   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackparag View Post
Apex Honda, Worli. Which Apex are you in touch with and for what model?
Apex Santacruz and models are still open. No decision yet.

Cheers
Old 9th August 2011, 11:30   #1043
BHPian

Quote:

As far as pure cash discounts is concerned, we got the best deal from Crystal Honda, who basically said straight 85K discount and no free accessories. This happened towards the end of our negotiations - when we had pretty much finalized on Deccan Honda. When the game was about accessories between the two - Deccan Honda was better.[/url]
Man I don't understand why the Bombay dealers are not matching or even coming close to your deal. Max cash discount happening here is around 80K that too including corporate discount.

Anyway lets see how it pans out in the next couple of weeks of August.

Cheers
Old 9th August 2011, 11:31   #1044
BHPian

Just closed a deal thru an agent for a VW Polo 1.2 Silver Highline for my aunt.

Freebies included:

free comprehensive insurance
Free AMC for 3 years
Free 2 year extended warranty
Free accessories worth 10k
25 ltrs petrol
Old 9th August 2011, 11:32   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Thanks sahakar, Apex is offering me a total of 75k disc exclusive of free accessories. I'm not eligible for corp discount as my co. does'nt fall under their approved list. But I will wait for you to come back before I seal it.
The guy called me up. He said no new discounts from Honda for August. The July offers continue. So basically if in Bombay, get around max 80k off with some small accessories.

Cheers
Old 9th August 2011, 11:34   #1046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Quote:
Is that at the dealership on Bundgarden road? I work literally next door, so let me know if you want a photographer or just meet up
I will take the opportunity to check out their accessories price list!
Old 9th August 2011, 11:40   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post

So you managed to get the full 85K cash discount too. That's awesome.
The after sales service at Deccan Honda Pimpri is really good. Be sure to try it out.
Thank you mdsaab! Yes - tomorrow India time . I am still on Monday night here.

Will surely start an ownership thread. Will be in November though.

About the straight cash discount - yes, we did get that 85K discount from Crystal but with that, no free accessories at all. With what we were getting from Deccan, it seemed like 20K for those accessories was still a better deal because we wanted them. Had we not wanted the accessories, Crystal would have been the better option.

Since we're buying from Deccan, there is no option but to go to the Deccan Pimpri workshop for the first 3 free services. Glad to hear that they are reliable and good.

BTW, the dealer changed the VIN on us on Friday. We did not really complain too much because we got a more recent car [July make] and Dad did the PDI with a cousin, so no red flags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Is that at the dealership on Bundgarden road? I work literally next door, so let me know if you want a photographer or just meet up
I will take the opportunity to check out their accessories price list!
Yes - this is the one on Bund Garden Road. Unfortunately, I'm not in India and will not be present for the big occasion

Dad will be taking the delivery of the car.

Would love to meet up when I'm back, maybe during one of those Tapri meets. I missed the Vohuman meet - hopefully there's a meet in November sometime.

Quote:
Man I don't understand why the Bombay dealers are not matching or even coming close to your deal. Max cash discount happening here is around 80K that too including corporate discount.

Anyway lets see how it pans out in the next couple of weeks of August.

Cheers
Sahakar, I think for straight cash, it will be very difficult to get more than 85K. That is the max we were able to get. You are just about 5K off - so try getting some free accessories.

I'm not sure if the corporate discount really ties into the 'best deal' someone can get. I may be wrong about this, but looks like you can get a maximum discount of a 85K for the City - with our without corporate discount. We did not get any corporate discount in our offer.

If you talk about a corporate discount with the dealer, the normal discount will probably be 85K less/minus your corporate discount.

Good luck in August!

Last edited by alam86 : 9th August 2011 at 11:55. Reason: Saw a few more posts after I posted this one - want to respond to those posts right here instead of creating a new one.
Old 9th August 2011, 11:45   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Apex Santacruz and models are still open. No decision yet.

Cheers
Ok, Apex Santacruz was giving me a deal of 10.12 L, i.e. flat 50 grand off on the VMT Exclusive + 5k for Side Step garnish (50% cost), in all 10.17 L.
Old 9th August 2011, 13:18   #1049
BHPian

Quote:
T
Sahakar, I think for straight cash, it will be very difficult to get more than 85K. That is the max we were able to get. You are just about 5K off - so try getting some free accessories.

I'm not sure if the corporate discount really ties into the 'best deal' someone can get. I may be wrong about this, but looks like you can get a maximum discount of a 85K for the City - with our without corporate discount. We did not get any corporate discount in our offer.

If you talk about a corporate discount with the dealer, the normal discount will probably be 85K less/minus your corporate discount.

Good luck in August!
From what I understood while talking to the dealer is that corporate discount comes from parent Honda. So technically, its a separate incentive above what the dealer is giving and in no way affects the dealer. But as you know dealers worldwide won't miss a trick to get more money out of you.

Cheers
Old 9th August 2011, 13:45   #1050
Team-BHP Support

Just quoting a post from another Yeti thread – thought it will be useful for the folks visiting this thread.
Thanks Guderian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Now this is really funny ! Received an SMS from JMD (dealers for Skoda in Thane). The first contact they have made (though through a mass SMS) after I walked out of their showroom in a huff in Jan this year (details in my thread on Admiral Togo) & I quote - verbatim:

"Dear Sir/Mam,
Celebration price of 13.99 lakhs for Skoda 4*4 Diesel SUV, Skoda Superb and Yeti. offer for limited period T7C apply. For any query Call on Thane SHOWROOM NO: 258...0 Thank you"

Now what was this all about ?

Called up JMD. Operator put me on a perpetual hold almost before a sales exec with a horrendous put on accent (special for Yeti buyers only) and gave me the details.
For the Ambient the discount comes to Rs. 1L.
OTR - with Thane octroi- with everything thrown in is Rs 17,02,000/-.
This amount was Rs 21 L in Jan 2011 !

Just thought I'll mention it.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed