Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2011, 23:08   #1096
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Fiat really has lost the plot. We asked for a test drive yesterday of the punto. The car they got us was a total disaster. Engine check light on, gear box all screwed up. How would anybody even think of getting a fiat when they are not interested in selling their cars. Really pathetic.

Cheers
Sahakar
Very sad to hear this. I test drove Linea T-Jet+ 2 weeks back and it also showed the Check Engine.

But, sahakar, most of the manufacturers do not maintain their test drive car well. I test drove the i20 CRDI when it was launched and it had a severe wheel alignment issue. Last week I went to Express Hyundai showroom in Chennai to test drive the new Verna and they told me that they don't have a test drive vehicle at all . They told me that everyone book the car with them without test drive.
Old 14th August 2011, 23:26   #1097
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Very sad to hear this. I test drove Linea T-Jet+ 2 weeks back and it also showed the Check Engine.

But, sahakar, most of the manufacturers do not maintain their test drive car well. I test drove the i20 CRDI when it was launched and it had a severe wheel alignment issue. Last week I went to Express Hyundai showroom in Chennai to test drive the new Verna and they told me that they don't have a test drive vehicle at all . They told me that everyone book the car with them without test drive.
Thats right, even i got a screwed up vehicle when i had TD a Xylo once , you just couldnt drive it. But with Honda , my experience has been much better. The two dealers with whom i had requested a TD car brought home a very well maintained vehicle. Probably thats one of the reasons ive decided to go with a Honda

When i first visited one of the Hyundai showrooms when the Fluidic Verna was launched, they had two display cars in the showroom. But a couple of weeks back, i had visited the same showroom with one of my colleagues. There wasnt a single Verna on display, i jokingly asked the SA whether they had sold even the display cars, to which he smiled at me But he did provide us a TD car immediately , which was in good shape.
Old 14th August 2011, 23:29   #1098
BHPian

Quote:

I have had good test drive experiences with almost all the vendors except Fiat till now. Hyundai, Ford, VW and Honda all were good experiences. The problem is that its a dealer's mistake but that makes it that hard for you to decide on that brand.

Cheers
Old 14th August 2011, 23:47   #1099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
I have had good test drive experiences with almost all the vendors except Fiat till now. Hyundai, Ford, VW and Honda all were good experiences. The problem is that its a dealer's mistake but that makes it that hard for you to decide on that brand.

Cheers
Thats good sahakar. I haven't yet experienced a good TD car except for Honda and Chevy. But, good TD vehicle alone will not be a deciding factor for me.

I have owned a Hyundai (Getz) for almost 4 years . Bad dealer cannot stop me from deciding on a brand. I would rather switch to another dealer .

Last edited by rameshnanda : 14th August 2011 at 23:48.
Old 15th August 2011, 09:43   #1100
BHPian

Any idea of the independence day special offers for ANHC. Just saw 'Unbelievable benefits' in the newspaper ads but nothing more. Thanks.
Old 15th August 2011, 10:08   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
Thats good sahakar. I haven't yet experienced a good TD car except for Honda and Chevy. But, good TD vehicle alone will not be a deciding factor for me.

I have owned a Hyundai (Getz) for almost 4 years . Bad dealer cannot stop me from deciding on a brand. I would rather switch to another dealer .
Very true but Fiat has lost so much face that they really cannot afford to this. Particularly when there are hardly any takers for them and whoever is thinking of buying them is already having their heart on their sleeve. This definitely doesn't help.

Cheers
Old 16th August 2011, 10:12   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Also i hope Honda does offer the EMT.
News is production of them have stopped.
mdsaab - any idea why only EMT production has been stopped? Or is it that they will/have started tapering production of all trims in anticipation of a new City (or facelift?)

Have told my sales rep in Bangalore that some people are getting 85K plus accessories on the VAT. Let me see what he comes back with.
Old 16th August 2011, 11:46   #1103
BHPian

I am in a bit of a quandry deciding between quotes for the Honda City-VMT and would appreciate any help that can resolve this

DealerA:
OTR: Rs 9.9L
Insurance not from Honda Assure
Includes Honda Siel Extended Warranty + RSA
Free Accessories: Reverse parking sensors, Sun films (Lumar), Floor mats, Side strips (perhaps)

DealerB:
OTR: Rs 10.0 L
Honda Assure Insurance
NO extended warranty
Free Accessories: parking sensors, sun films, floor mats, teflon coating, body cover, puncture kit, Side strips (perhaps)

DealerC:
OTR: Rs 9.87L
No extended warranty
Free Accessories: parking sensors, floor mats, sun films

The problem with DealerA is the non-honda assured insurance. and a few accessories perhaps.

Which one would you recommend. Would be a great help if I can cross this hurdle and make a booking finally

Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 11:46   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
mdsaab - any idea why only EMT production has been stopped? Or is it that they will/have started tapering production of all trims in anticipation of a new City (or facelift?)
Honda is trying to divert customers from emt to smt/vmt.increases their profit.

Even if new model is launched soon dont think there will be a significant increase in prices,honda cant afford to lose more customers to diesels.

Please let me know about the discounts you are getting.Am planning on a city.

discount offered is 50k for Smt.That was during the first meeting.otr in BAN is more so technically you should get slightly more than me.
Old 16th August 2011, 13:04   #1105

Quote:
Folks do not feel to let down.
I think the EMT too is a good option.
You can customize it really well to suit your style and needs.
Good luck at the dealers, let me know how it goes.
Agrees with mdsaab on this. I found that when I had negotiated really hard that I would have probably had had more scope for 'asking for more' had I chosen the EMT (I took delivery of my VMT the week before last). As it is the VMT had less scope to ask for more once the cash discount was done. But the steering mounted controls were one of the things I could not have upgarded to and I had a fancy for them - though I still reach for the dash controls out of habit.
Old 16th August 2011, 13:09   #1106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P

Have told my sales rep in Bangalore that some people are getting 85K plus accessories on the VAT. Let me see what he comes back with.
The new Facelifted ANHC is expected year end.
I guess with the price reduction EMT's were flying off the shelf, and i feel Honda has stopped producing them. You know Honda and their stingyness for offering E variants. So whatever was left at dealer stockyards have most likely been cleared.
Look at the jazz for example, wanted to pick up one for my wife. Was offered a mouth watering price. Called the sales rep the next week and they were all sold off.

Remember the 85K is a full cash discount and no accessories. But no harm in trying for more. Who knows you may raise the bar for ANHC discounts here on Team-BHP.
Good luck mate!
Old 16th August 2011, 14:22   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravingmh View Post
I am in a bit of a quandry deciding between quotes for the Honda City-VMT and would appreciate any help that can resolve this

DealerA:
OTR: Rs 9.9L
Insurance not from Honda Assure
Includes Honda Siel Extended Warranty + RSA
Free Accessories: Reverse parking sensors, Sun films (Lumar), Floor mats, Side strips (perhaps)

DealerB:
OTR: Rs 10.0 L
Honda Assure Insurance
NO extended warranty
Free Accessories: parking sensors, sun films, floor mats, teflon coating, body cover, puncture kit, Side strips (perhaps)

DealerC:
OTR: Rs 9.87L
No extended warranty
Free Accessories: parking sensors, floor mats, sun films

The problem with DealerA is the non-honda assured insurance. and a few accessories perhaps.

Which one would you recommend. Would be a great help if I can cross this hurdle and make a booking finally

Thanks
Dealer B is the best offer from your list.
But you need them to include the extended warranty which is very important. anyone know how much it costs? maybe you can offer to pay half of it.
Also make sure that the insurance is 0% dep.
even if you have to pay the 6K odd difference it is worth it.
Old 16th August 2011, 14:26   #1108
BHPian

Extended warranty is Rs 10K as per the price list.

Also for DealerC, I forgot to mention that it includes Honda Assure insurance. And from the looks of it, Honda Assure insurance does include 0% depreciation on plastics. (they say they treat some plastics and electricals as metals for the purpose of depreciation)
Old 16th August 2011, 15:49   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
Dealer B is the best offer from your list.
But you need them to include the extended warranty which is very important. anyone know how much it costs? maybe you can offer to pay half of it.
Also make sure that the insurance is 0% dep.
even if you have to pay the 6K odd difference it is worth it.
3rd + 4th year Ex. Warranty + RSA costs 10,200/-
kap04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 16:56   #1110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravingmh
Extended warranty is Rs 10K as per the price list.

Also for DealerC, I forgot to mention that it includes Honda Assure insurance. And from the looks of it, Honda Assure insurance does include 0% depreciation on plastics. (they say they treat some plastics and electricals as metals for the purpose of depreciation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04

3rd + 4th year Ex. Warranty + RSA costs 10,200/-
Force dealer B to include extended warranty + RSA.
Remember to bring along that cheque book.
Speak to your sales rep first. Show him the cheque book. Tell him to call the manager. Speak to the manager directly, tell him if he agrees he can take the booking amount cheque right away.
That should do the trick. If not then haggle. Tell them you will pay half of the 10K cost. And the dealership can pay the other 5K.
Let us know how the duel pans out.
Good Luck!
Remember you have another dealer in the picture. Thats dealer A. So be fierce. Talk with purpose. Do not be afraid to let them know who is boss. They shall succumb. If not. And things turn ugly. You always have dealer A to fall back on.
So go get em.
Once again... Good Luck!
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed