Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2010, 18:37   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

One and only important question you need to ask- Does it come with warranty as anyother fiesta you would buy from them?
Old 31st January 2010, 18:52   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg_chn View Post
4. What is the essential pack that you mentioned?
essential pack constitutes the floor mats, boot mat and mud flaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
One and only important question you need to ask- Does it come with warranty as anyother fiesta you would buy from them?
yes, standard warranty of 2 years / 1 lakh kms and optional 3rd year warranty
just as you get with 2010 model.

- all in all everything is same except mfg date is 5 month old.
Old 31st January 2010, 19:08   #108
BHPian

How important is resale value to you?

Just considering the fact that this is a 2009 model, there will be a difference in resale value of roughly around 25-30K.

+ The feel of a new car is unique.
+ I do not know what impact this has on insurance and depreciation.

This might just as safe/good as a new car, but another 30K will get you peace of mind IMO. don't you think so?

Unless you get a better discount, I personally feel it is better to opt for a new car.
Old 31st January 2010, 19:49   #109
BHPian

Since your RTO regn will be 2010, I don't think resale value will matter, since the regn date is what is looked at during resale.

If you can satisy yourself regarding the vehicle that what the dealer says is correct (about showroom display status), then it should be a good deal. Just ensure to follow what freewheel has already pointed out.

Plus,
- Since VIN decoding points to Sep09, most probably the dealer would have got it in Oct09 end/Nov09..though 20 Kms sounds way less, try to find out if the stockyard to showroom distance is appx 20Kms or more..otherwise it points towards ODO tampering.

- Check the engine compartment - should look new/almost grease/oil free if not driven much

- Check the door hinges - I got my SXI with some kind of creamy wax/grease paste around the hinges, which slowly solidifies over a period of time (compare the status of this with other new display cars in the showroom). If too much of cleaning would have been done, this paste might not be there.

- Do a complete pdi check as per tBHP thread on this topic

- Do take a long drive so that no noise/abnormal characteristic is notice - both with this car as well as a new one, if possible

Then, bargain as much as possible. Since normal warranty cover will be provided, you are pretty much covered.
Old 31st January 2010, 20:43   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Since your RTO regn will be 2010, I don't think resale value will matter, since the regn date is what is looked at during resale.
I stand corrected by Sanjay. I overlooked the registration part.

Last edited by vasanthn21 : 31st January 2010 at 20:44.
Old 31st January 2010, 21:18   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
How important is resale value to you?

Just considering the fact that this is a 2009 model, there will be a difference in resale value of roughly around 25-30K.

+ The feel of a new car is unique.
+ I do not know what impact this has on insurance and depreciation.

This might just as safe/good as a new car, but another 30K will get you peace of mind IMO. don't you think so?

Unless you get a better discount, I personally feel it is better to opt for a new car.
I plan to keep for next 5 years. Considering the fact that Fiesta's new edition will be available late this year/early next year the resale of this model whether 2009 or 2010 will definitely be impacted.

As far as the feeling of a new car goes the seat plastics were on, tyres had absolutely no dust, no scratches on body... imagine the car you get to see when you go into any spanky car showroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post

If you can satisy yourself regarding the vehicle that what the dealer says is correct (about showroom display status), then it should be a good deal. Just ensure to follow what freewheel has already pointed out.

Plus,
- Since VIN decoding points to Sep09, most probably the dealer would have got it in Oct09 end/Nov09..though 20 Kms sounds way less, try to find out if the stockyard to showroom distance is appx 20Kms or more..otherwise it points towards ODO tampering.

- Check the engine compartment - should look new/almost grease/oil free if not driven much

- Check the door hinges - I got my SXI with some kind of creamy wax/grease paste around the hinges, which slowly solidifies over a period of time (compare the status of this with other new display cars in the showroom). If too much of cleaning would have been done, this paste might not be there.

- Do a complete pdi check as per tBHP thread on this topic

- Do take a long drive so that no noise/abnormal characteristic is notice - both with this car as well as a new one, if possible

Then, bargain as much as possible. Since normal warranty cover will be provided, you are pretty much covered.
I agree tht since the registration will be of 2010 so it should help dilute the mfg date issue at the time of resale.

Stockyard to Showroom is approx 10-12 kms. The dealer says that few kms is mandatory test drive inside the manufacturing plant before the car is transported to dealers. So tht makes it ~20.

I haven't looked at the engine compartment, I'll do so tomo. And basically the entire PDI check list from this forum stands good for this case even before paying a penny

Dealer is not permitting test drives on any display vehicles, which is a good point if I have to buy.

Another point I wanted to highlight is that the showroom is of 2 floors and this car is kept on the first floor. So I don't think they'll be shunting it up and down for taking it out. I had made a surprise visit and the car was already there on the first floor and not "planted" for me.

Another Sxi is always kept on the ground floor and most visitors take a look at that. Only if someone wants to see it in White then the customer would be taken upstairs. That falls in favor for me.

Finally, I agree that some more price cushion should set up the deal for me assuming everything else is good. Lets see how much does the dealer obliges.
Old 31st January 2010, 21:40   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post
essential pack constitutes the floor mats, boot mat and mud flaps

yes, standard warranty of 2 years / 1 lakh kms and optional 3rd year warranty
just as you get with 2010 model.

- all in all everything is same except mfg date is 5 month old.
That's a safe bet then. Sanjay has covered the essentials and you seem to have checked pretty much all of them. As you said try to push for a greater discount Good Luck
Old 31st January 2010, 21:46   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post
Finally, I agree that some more price cushion should set up the deal for me assuming everything else is good. Lets see how much does the dealer obliges.
There you go Fida..just go for it and thank your stars for getting a good deal.

Just wondering if the deal is good becos of the impending Figo launch? Or the dealer just wants to get rid of older stocks quickly!
Old 31st January 2010, 22:10   #114
BHPian

Stock clearance I would say ... standing in the showroom the value of the car is anywayz depreciating
Old 31st January 2010, 22:11   #115
Senior - BHPian

A Saving's of 60k ! That is a sweet deal as you are getting almost 8 % off !!

Make sure it is only a Showroom Display Vehicle though.

20 km's is nothing. Look at the tyres carefully and you should make out.
Old 31st January 2010, 22:46   #116
Senior - BHPian

Car companies generally give discounts in Dec-Jan to clear their inventories of the last year. There is nothing wrong in buying such a car. In fact, this is one of the best periods to buy a car.

I had purchased my car in Jan 2009, it was a 2008 model (Nov). I also got a good discount.

First of all, make sure that the dealer has a dedicated test drive car and does not use display piece for test drives.

Secondly, inspect the car properly, make sure there are no signs of misuse/rework.

Finally, the year mentioned in the RC book is the year of production, not the year of purchase. Hence your RC book will mention it as 2009 model, not 2010 model. But since you are not planning to sell it for 4-5 years, this should not make a major difference.

Warranty would be 2 years from date of purchase.

Do let us know what you decided.

Rohan
Old 1st February 2010, 12:32   #117
Senior - BHPian

Dont worry parth - Go ahead and buy it as you are getting a good discount with
2010 registration - so NO problem.
Be proud owner of Fiesta very soon!
Old 1st February 2010, 13:46   #118
BHPian

Am i missing something or there is already a 50-60k discount for 2009 fiestas as advertised in papers few weeks back.

I recollect that beginning of jan a limited edition fiesta was 6.6 OTR mumbai.

In any case get the discount as much as you can . I have myself purchased a Nov or dec 09 ANHC in 1st week of jan and there are no problems as such .
Old 1st February 2010, 16:44   #119
BHPian

Go for it p'arth. I don't see any harm as the ODO is showing just 20 kms. Ask the dealer to get the beige interiors cleaned.
Old 1st February 2010, 18:26   #120
Senior - BHPian

@Parth: It is a good deal and I don't see anything wrong in buying the car. But IIRC someone had bought a 1.6S from Mody Ford (I think you are talking about Mody Ford, isn't it) in similar terms and got almost 1 Lakh discount. So try to get some more discount.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks