Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2011, 19:57   #1201
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
What is the OTR otherwise without any discounts?
This will give us a clearer picture.
Because otherwise according to my calculations.
You are only getting around 50K off the normal OTR.
This is not a great deal.
You should be able to get anywhere betweeb 70-90K
Actually its more like 40K off the OTR. Tried two dealerships. Both claim the same.
Old 26th August 2011, 20:07   #1202
JD1
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
What you do is make up an imaginary mindblowing discount. And claim that your friend has received the same.
Then ask the dealer to match it.
I don't even have to make it up! My Team-BHP friends have got the offers reported here so I know when I tell him my expectations, I won't be bluffing

Thanks to experts like you and others on this forum, we really have an upper hand in dealing with Honda for ANHC this time around. And yes, per suggestions in this thread, I would give him a glimpse of my cheque book too at the right moment

-JD
JD1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 21:08   #1203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin View Post
Actually its more like 40K off the OTR. Tried two dealerships. Both claim the same.
10.2 OTR in Kerala for City AT. Mann that is a full 1.2 L cheaper than Blore! All that extra going into the tax for the pathetic roads.

By Bangalore standards, 40K is not a great discount. You should be able to get a little more. We are getting 80K disc plus some accessories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
I don't even have to make it up! My Team-BHP friends have got the offers reported here so I know when I tell him my expectations, I won't be bluffing

Thanks to experts like you and others on this forum, we really have an upper hand in dealing with Honda for ANHC this time around. And yes, per suggestions in this thread, I would give him a glimpse of my cheque book too at the right moment

-JD
I quoted the deal I was thinking of, and even told the SR to check on team-bhp. It saved a lot of haggling time.
Bh.P is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 01:25   #1204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Polo 1.6 is included in the discounts, not sure of the Vento AT,though!

All discounts say as 'limited offer' not sure the cut-off date of the offer.

Chers!
Anyone knows whats the cash discounts going on for the Polo 1.6 currently? I was given a 10K corporate discount and 40K worth of stuff such as insurance, accessories etc etc. Thanks much
Old 27th August 2011, 03:21   #1205
BHPian

Friends, I need some help in haggling for that killer price on the new Jetta, so that at least I have the peace of mind of paying less for less. The new model being such a downgrade of last year's Jetta.

I am looking at the comfortline which strangely comes at an ex-showroom price of 15,53,624 Rs here in Kerala which is a whopping 15k increase over the Delhi price where as the trendline comes at 14,13,924 Rs which is only 2000 Rs more than Delhi price list. Could this be true? Coming back to the comforline, the road tax is 8% and not 7 as somebody was mentioning here, which amounts to 1,24,9**. The insurance has gone up from the previous pricing of a few months back, and bumper to bumper cover is pegged at 74,950. Add to this 5000 as "handling" and 450 for reg., the total comes to around 17,59000. Now, the SE has agreed to give me discount of 15k from ex-showroom as corporate, and some other discounts for insurance including my ncb of 2 years, my age etc... and finally the insurance amount has come down significantly to around 30k. So i end up paying just under 17 lakhs for the Comfortline. Even though i feel its a pretty good deal, i do not want to miss out on the insights of experienced and more knowledgeable fellow bhpians. Kindly advice me on where i can bargain for more discounts or freebies?

Also, what other expenses might crop up at the time of delivery? Do they not provide mud flaps and floor mats even for above 15 lakh cars?!?! What about Number-plates?

Should I go for sun films or something else as accessories?
Old 27th August 2011, 08:54   #1206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
10.2 OTR in Kerala for City AT. Mann that is a full 1.2 L cheaper than Blore! All that extra going into the tax for the pathetic roads.

By Bangalore standards, 40K is not a great discount. You should be able to get a little more. We are getting 80K disc plus some accessories.

I quoted the deal I was thinking of, and even told the SR to check on team-bhp. It saved a lot of haggling time.
Thanks for lighting up the fact about Kerala OTR prices being lower.
Yes you folks in Bangalore have been at the receiving end, of some great discounts
That's a great strategy you followed. No wonder you came up with a mind blowing deal.

Quote:

-JD
But do take the highest received thus far and take it a little further. You may just be able to rake in the highest received so far.
Thanks for your kind words. Yes the cheque glimpse is a fabulous trick. USE IT!
Quote:
Thanks Bh.P for this viewpoint.
Well i guess that the OTR prices in Kerala being a lot cheaper than Bangalore may mean that the discounts offered may be a little less in comparison. So aim for atleast 80K and then settling for 60-70K shouldn't be bad either.
Old 27th August 2011, 10:37   #1207
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for lighting up the fact about Kerala OTR prices being lower.Well i guess that the OTR prices in Kerala being a lot cheaper than Bangalore may mean that the discounts offered may be a little less in comparison. So aim for atleast 80K and then settling for 60-70K shouldn't be bad either.
Am from kerala too and after haggling, discount for city smt(OTR 9.01lacs) is 56k + rear sensors.So is this resonable enough?am still waiting for the dealer to come up with a better offer.He says the current discount is for this month only.Could that be true?

Also one of my friends is also willing to buy city discount no matter.So will it help if we go together?and what should the target rate be?

Quote:
That is exactly what i was offered initially.haggling going on.
Current offer is
city smt(OTR 9.01lacs) - 56k + rear sensors

Keep in touch so we have an idea of whats being offered in kerala.
Old 27th August 2011, 19:59   #1208
Senior - BHPian

Hi everyone. Are there any discounts/freebies being given for those that book the Honda Jazz?

I went to Linkway Honda and the sales rep happily told me he could offer no discounts or freebies of any kind, so I told him I'd make sure he did! Jokes aside, I find it hard to believe that there is nothing of any kind being given away with any version at all.

To those that have booked the All New Jazz; have you experienced this "no discount" policy as well?
Old 27th August 2011, 23:34   #1209
JD1
BHPian

Not a good meeting today for ANHC offer. Crowded showroom and a City had just been booked so my Sales consultant was already on high. (lessons learned - try not visiting the showroom on Saturday and try to be there in morning when the sales team is not yet on a high).

Ok coming to the point, this is the deal offered today for V AT variant-

Printed price list for V-AT OTR (including 3&4 yr warranty and RSA) : 11,48,949

Discounts offered:

Free insurance: 27,308
Corp discount : 15,000
Free E-Kit : 3000
Additional cash discount offered today: 13,641

Total Cash discount : 58,949

Final OTR price offered : 10.9 L

Free Accessories offered:

Augusta Leather : 33,000 (this was only for seats. Hand rest and door I have to pay extra 10k. I forgot to ask him about steering wheel)
Sunfilm : 5500 (this would come with 2 yr warranty only AND this was only for sides and rear - front not included)
Reverse parking sensor : 5500
Puncture kit : 1800
Mat : 1200
Teflon polish : 4800

Total value of free accessories : 51,800

I would say this looked to me a very average deal compared to the recent Bangalore deals. When I asked him that puncture kit is part of E. Kit so why is he reporting it twice he was speechless. He also told me that mat, cover were not part of default free accessories.

The Sales Manager also suggested me not to get 3rd&4th yr insurance+RSA now but instead buy it just before completion of 2 yrs and I will get it at the same price as now. Not sure how much true that is so I am requesting experts to please weigh in on this point. Even if the price is same, I would be losing out on RSA as default warranty does not give RSA so I am inclined on getting it now itself. I was also surprised when they told me that even for engine, transmission etc the warranty is just 2 yrs/40,000 kms. I can understand bumper to bumper warranty to be 2 yrs but was expecting a higher default warranty for powertrain.

Couple of other points which turned my experience negative today-

(1) I was interested in V-AT Exclusive but there was a huge push to sell V-AT instead of Exclusive. Reasons given-
(a) The chrome sash molding is actually just a tape and it comes off after 6-8 months. He said they have already started to get complaints!!
(b) They are already offering leather seats as a part of free accessories so this deal would be better than buying V-AT Exclusive. When I asked him if Exclusive had leatherette (which I prefer), he initially said no it has genuine leather and subsequently said he will check on that.

I suspect the real reason is that they have V-AT in stock available for immediate delivery (in all colors) v/s placing a special order to manufacturer for V-AT Exclusive.

(2) I am interested in accessories like side protectors, bumper protectors, spoiler, side step garnish, door panel, foot light (if blue in color), sport pedal, under chassis rust proofing, reverse camera so I had my notes and was asking him questions about these accessories and he neither had the price list nor information/knowledge on some of the accessories. That really ticked me off since I expect a Sales consultant to have knowledge about the product and a good sales consultant should ALWAYS try to upsell. Here I was looking to spend money and he did not have information! Infact for a couple of accessories he said they are not even Honda accessories whereas they are listed with pictures (but without much information) on the website!

I did not continue the negotiations as I wanted him to get the details and pricing of the accessories. This was on Lavelle Road which is close to my office but I am planning to ditch him now and travel to Whitefield.

If there are any prospective buyers for ANHC in Bangalore, we can join together for multiple booking benefits (multiple booking benefit is a myth or real?)

-JD
JD1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2011, 08:02   #1210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
Am from kerala too and after haggling, discount for city smt(OTR 9.01lacs) is 56k + rear sensors.So is this resonable enough?am still waiting for the dealer to come up with a better offer.He says the current discount is for this month only.Could that be true?

Also one of my friends is also willing to buy city discount no matter.So will it help if we go together?and what should the target rate be?

That is exactly what i was offered initially.haggling going on.
Current offer is
city smt(OTR 9.01lacs) - 56k + rear sensors

Keep in touch so we have an idea of whats being offered in kerala.
9.5 on-road for SMT is the quote that I got from both the dealers at Kochi last week. They're not budging an inch. Worst of all, they can't commit on giving you EMT at all.
Old 28th August 2011, 09:12   #1211
BHPian

This is regarding the Polo 1.6 - VW is charging a hefty 7K as logistics charges here in Gurgaon. Is this normal? And just 10K corp. discount!! No accessories free.. not even floor mats.. apart from their bouquet scheme where they give some 15K worth of accessories if u choose that... Thanks a bunch..
Old 28th August 2011, 09:21   #1212
Senior - BHPian

In Bold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
If this discount is for this month only, then there will be another set of discounts next month. The point is they need to clear all stock of the current ANHC before the facelift, so they will be getting more desperate as it comes closer to facelift launch time. But book your current one as soon as you get a great deal else stocks may truly run out.
Try and push him to 70K plus the reverse sensor and body cover.
This sounds good enough, considering Kerala the OTR is lower than other places.

If you are going to book two ANHC then surely you will get a better rate.
You can up it the above mentioned by 10K taking it upto 80K cash discount. plus the free accessories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Hi everyone. Are there any discounts/freebies being given for those that book the Honda Jazz?

I went to Linkway Honda and the sales rep happily told me he could offer no discounts or freebies of any kind, so I told him I'd make sure he did! Jokes aside, I find it hard to believe that there is nothing of any kind being given away with any version at all.

To those that have booked the All New Jazz; have you experienced this "no discount" policy as well?
I am guessing he is right. have not heard of any discounts on the Jazz as yet, apart from corporate discount. But there is always scope. haggle hard and be the first to post of a discount on the jazz.
Good Luck!
Quote:
Not a good meeting today for ANHC offer. Crowded showroom and a City had just been booked so my Sales consultant was already on high. (lessons learned - try not visiting the showroom on Saturday and try to be there in morning when the sales team is not yet on a high).
That's a valuable tip.
Ok coming to the point, this is the deal offered today for V AT variant-

Printed price list for V-AT OTR (including 3&4 yr warranty and RSA) : 11,48,949

Discounts offered:

Free insurance: 27,308
Corp discount : 15,000
Free E-Kit : 3000
Additional cash discount offered today: 13,641

Total Cash discount : 58,949
The cash discount is just about alright.
Final OTR price offered : 10.9 L

Free Accessories offered:

Augusta Leather : 33,000 (this was only for seats. Hand rest and door I have to pay extra 10k. I forgot to ask him about steering wheel)
Sunfilm : 5500 (this would come with 2 yr warranty only AND this was only for sides and rear - front not included)
Reverse parking sensor : 5500
Puncture kit : 1800
Mat : 1200
Teflon polish : 4800

Total value of free accessories : 51,800
Good amount of free accessories. you have got a total benefit of 1,11,000/- That's pretty mouthwatering don't you think? Getting more by cash is always more difficult. If you want these accessories then it's a pretty good deal IMHO.
I would say this looked to me a very average deal compared to the recent Bangalore deals. When I asked him that puncture kit is part of E. Kit so why is he reporting it twice he was speechless. He also told me that mat, cover were not part of default free accessories.
The carper mats come with the car, so those are free from Honda itself.
The Sales Manager also suggested me not to get 3rd&4th yr insurance+RSA now but instead buy it just before completion of 2 yrs and I will get it at the same price as now. Not sure how much true that is so I am requesting experts to please weigh in on this point. Even if the price is same, I would be losing out on RSA as default warranty does not give RSA so I am inclined on getting it now itself. I was also surprised when they told me that even for engine, transmission etc the warranty is just 2 yrs/40,000 kms. I can understand bumper to bumper warranty to be 2 yrs but was expecting a higher default warranty for powertrain.
I think you should get it right away, that way you don't have to worry if they do not offer it later. plus as you mentioned you would sacrifice 2 years of RSA. I do not like this sales rep, he seems to be giving the wrong advice.
Couple of other points which turned my experience negative today-

(1) I was interested in V-AT Exclusive but there was a huge push to sell V-AT instead of Exclusive. Reasons given-
(a) The chrome sash molding is actually just a tape and it comes off after 6-8 months. He said they have already started to get complaints!!
Though the sash is installed at dealer level, i doubt it would come off in 6 months. It's of good quality.
(b) They are already offering leather seats as a part of free accessories so this deal would be better than buying V-AT Exclusive. When I asked him if Exclusive had leatherette (which I prefer), he initially said no it has genuine leather and subsequently said he will check on that.
Yes the Exclusive has Leatherette. Honda has a tie up with Stanley. and they offer the seat covers for the ANHC. The Exclusive Leatherette seats are of very good quality.
I suspect the real reason is that they have V-AT in stock available for immediate delivery (in all colors) v/s placing a special order to manufacturer for V-AT Exclusive.
I think you are absolutely right, they want to clear their stockyard stock rather than placing a fresh order for a V AT Exclusive.
It's more likely for them to have a V MT Exclusive in stock. But not the AT Exclusive. and hence they want to sell you the VAT.
(2) I am interested in accessories like side protectors, bumper protectors, spoiler, side step garnish, door panel, foot light (if blue in color), sport pedal, under chassis rust proofing, reverse camera so I had my notes and was asking him questions about these accessories and he neither had the price list nor information/knowledge on some of the accessories. That really ticked me off since I expect a Sales consultant to have knowledge about the product and a good sales consultant should ALWAYS try to upsell. Here I was looking to spend money and he did not have information! Infact for a couple of accessories he said they are not even Honda accessories whereas they are listed with pictures (but without much information) on the website!
The kit foot light is in orange.
He should have a full list of accessories with him with the MRP too. You can browse through this list and pick any accessory you want.
I do not like this sales rep.
I did not continue the negotiations as I wanted him to get the details and pricing of the accessories. This was on Lavelle Road which is close to my office but I am planning to ditch him now and travel to Whitefield.

-JD
I think you should speak to the other dealers as well and compare the deal. This sales rep does not seem to well versed. Traveling to Whitefield sounds like a good idea.
Good Luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalluDude View Post
9.5 on-road for SMT is the quote that I got from both the dealers at Kochi last week. They're not budging an inch. Worst of all, they can't commit on giving you EMT at all.
Now you know that 9.01OTR is possible.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2011, 13:02   #1213
Distinguished - BHPian

An offer which caught my attention in today's newspaper -

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-untitled.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 17:07   #1214
Distinguished - BHPian

GM Motors is offering a limited number of 250 Chevrolet Sparks for a special (read discounted) ex-showroom price of 2.69 lakhs at Pune.

The Spark has suddenly become a great VFM offering and anyone prospecting for the Chevy Spark at Pune or near-about Pune should seriously consider visiting your nearest GM Motors showroom.

Remember, the offer is for the base model only, which comes with AC as standard.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-chevroletsparkhatchback1.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 29th August 2011 at 17:09.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 17:47   #1215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post

Have booked the Jazz too and there were no discounts on offer. In fact the +2 years warranty and RSA also have to be paid for.No freebies on offer either. Corporate discounts - no dealer is confirming this either. To be fair to Honda, the Jazz is priced lower than a lot of us were expecting.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks