Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2011, 22:08   #1291
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
Planning to buy a i10 AT Sportz for wife's office commute. TDed a i10 AT at Kundan Hyundai, Chinchwad, Pune.
Here's the offer:
Ex-showroom price - 5,18,752
Insurance - 17, 721
RTO carges - 41, 913
Extended Warranty - 2920
On Road price - 5,81,306
Less Consumer offer- 17,721
Less corporate offer - 3,000
Less gift coupons - 3,500
Less 1 year additional warranty - 2920

Price after discounts - 5,54,165

Also he said we will talk about free accessories during the booking.
Is the offer good? Is there still room for bargaining?
What all free accessories can I ask for?

Planning to get quotes from 3-4 dealers more and then decide.
Got one last month (Bombay). 38k cash discount (+ 20K exchange bonus for my Swift). Mats+Mud Flaps only free. Wasn't keen on taking accessories from the dealership.
Old 10th September 2011, 23:10   #1292
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

I had been to the Dakshin Honda showroom looking for the Honda City SMT (ANHC) and I was offered the following deal:

On Road (SMT) 9,97,981
Cash Discount: 47,000
Actual On Road price: ~9,50,000

Plus the Following Free Accesories:
  • Extended Warranty 10K
  • Stanley Classic Leather 33K
  • 3M Sunfilm 5.6K
  • 4 Side Step Garnish 10K
  • Fog Lamps 20K
  • Car Cover 1.8K
Guys is this a good deal considering that people were offered 85K off? Should I ask for more cash discount?
bharatbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2011, 23:37   #1293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
I had been to the Dakshin Honda showroom looking for the Honda City SMT (ANHC) and I was offered the following deal:

On Road (SMT) 9,97,981

• Extended Warranty 10K
  • 3M Sunfilm 5.6K
  • Fog Lamps 20K
  • Car Cover 1.8K
Guys is this a good deal considering that people were offered 85K off? Should I ask for more cash discount?
You are getting some nice accessories worth many thousand rupees (over 70K). I would have straightaway sealed the deal on getting such nice offer.

Just ask for the body cover also.

PS – I just got a body cover and gear lock as freebies :(
Old 11th September 2011, 07:22   #1294
Senior - BHPian

Is anyone aware of any offers going on in Toyota other than for Etios? I asked the SA but as usual the response was there is none. Its hard to believe that in this season of raining discounts there is nothing offered by Toyota, why such high headedness is what i wonder.

PS: I am looking at Petrol Altis, and i know Fortuner will not have any discounts.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 11th September 2011 at 07:23.
Old 11th September 2011, 13:08   #1295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
You are getting some nice accessories worth many thousand rupees (over 70K). I would have straightaway sealed the deal on getting such nice offer.
Yeah the accessories are very good, I will check with couple more dealers and decide.

Last edited by bharatbs : 11th September 2011 at 13:09.
Old 11th September 2011, 13:19   #1296
BHPian

Quote:

On Road (SMT) 9,97,981

• Extended Warranty 10K
  • 3M Sunfilm 5.6K
  • Fog Lamps 20K
  • Car Cover 1.8K
Whoa.. thats a cool deal. How did you manage to get all that

Is this 85K cash discount standard for the Honda City? Am planning to speak to the dealer regarding some discounts so can anyone kindly enlighten.. thanks
Old 11th September 2011, 14:25   #1297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

On Road (SMT) 9,97,981

• Extended Warranty 10K
  • 3M Sunfilm 5.6K
  • Fog Lamps 20K
  • Car Cover 1.8K
That's a great deal.

47K Cash Discount + 80K worth of free accessories, that amounts to total savings of 1.27L!

I think you just raised the bar on all deals for the Honda City seen so far, mate.

Haggle some more and see if they agree to give you a bit more on straight cash discount. Press for complete 55K cash off, that's another 8K on the Cash Discount, plus it will take your total savings to a cool 1.35L. Don't think you can top that with this deal.

All the best!
Old 13th September 2011, 12:06   #1298
BHPian

Is there a good website to get Ex-Showroom (Mumbai) prices of all cars? I have checked up cardekho, carwale etc and all seem to have different prices. Which is the most accurate and upto date?

Is there any thumb rule to apply for getting OTR price?
Old 13th September 2011, 12:27   #1299
BHPian

Looking at a new car for my better half. Hopped over to Honda Showroom for a peek at Jazz (new). No discounts / No free accessories not even corporate discount offered. Can anybody confirm if that's true elsewhere as well. Thanks
Old 13th September 2011, 17:28   #1300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Haggle some more and see if they agree to give you a bit more on straight cash discount. Press for complete 55K cash off, that's another 8K on the Cash Discount, plus it will take your total savings to a cool 1.35L.
All the best!
Sales Manager was in a different mood as he realized that they were the only ones providing me that offer. Deal finalized as follows:

Honda City SMT: 997,982
Cash Discount: 45,000

Final On-road price: 952,982

Free accessories:

- Stanley Classic 27,000 (have to pay 3k for door side panel)
- Fog lamps 18,000
- Extended Warranty 5,500 (no RSA)
- Side step garnish 4 10,000
- 3M Sunfilm 5,000
- Body Cover 1,500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Whoa.. thats a cool deal. How did you manage to get all that
All credit goes to team-bhp:
  • Go to the right dealership (avoid ones frequented by customers )
  • Meeting the right sales rep (if he/she is rude or not interested, meet another sales rep or sales manager)
  • Start High: 85K cash + Leather
  • Displaying cheque book (special credit to MDSAAB)
  • Reviewing brochure of competitors when the Sales rep is around
  • Telling them that you were actually looking for a competitor's car but were know reviewing ANHC because of the discounts.
All the best!

Last edited by bharatbs : 13th September 2011 at 17:30.
Old 13th September 2011, 18:49   #1301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
Is there a good website to get Ex-Showroom (Mumbai) prices of all cars? I have checked up cardekho, carwale etc and all seem to have different prices. Which is the most accurate and upto date?

Is there any thumb rule to apply for getting OTR price?
Here is what to do
. Check the ex-showroom prices from the manufacturer's site. These should match with other sites. If they do not, take the manufacture's figure for that city. At times the other sites do not factor in the latest prices. For example if you check Pajero prices, most of the sites have the BS-III version price listed. The Bs-IV is more.
. Check the RTO charges. These should be same. If there is any difference, take the highest one. If you know the RTO rates, you can calculate yourself.
. Now the only difference that remains is the Insurance. Discount the highest quoted insurance by at least 20% to arrive at a reasonable onroad price, before discounts. The Insurance is calculated as follows :
- Third party. Fixed figure for small, medium and large cars. Any insurance agent can give you this figure for your target vehicle.
- AC and other levies - fixed. Any insurance agent can give you this figure for your target vehicle.
- About 3% (exact figure any agent can give you) of the IDV, which is generally 95% of the ex-showroom price. Most agents will give you a 15-30% discount on this component, but showrooms refuse unless you threaten to get it on your own.
- Where the Insurer has option for "Zero Depriciation", add 20-40% to the total.

I found an interesting thing. While researching the on road price of a Fortuner, I discovered that where ever the RTO was low, the ex-showroom price was higher, hence the insurance was more. In effect if you save 2L on RTO, the higher cost and insurance takes away 50K, but you still save 1.5K.
Old 13th September 2011, 19:18   #1302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sales Manager was in a different mood as he realized that they were the only ones providing me that offer. Deal finalized as follows:

Honda City SMT: 997,982
Cash Discount: 45,000

Final On-road price: 952,982

Free accessories:

- Stanley Classic 27,000 (have to pay 3k for door side panel)
- Fog lamps 18,000
- Extended Warranty 5,500 (no RSA)
- Side step garnish 4 10,000
- 3M Sunfilm 5,000
- Body Cover 1,500

All credit goes to team-bhp:
  • Go to the right dealership (avoid ones frequented by customers )
  • Meeting the right sales rep (if he/she is rude or not interested, meet another sales rep or sales manager)
  • Start High: 85K cash + Leather
  • Displaying cheque book (special credit to MDSAAB)
  • Reviewing brochure of competitors when the Sales rep is around
  • Telling them that you were actually looking for a competitor's car but were know reviewing ANHC because of the discounts.
All the best!
Congrats on finalizing the deal. Which color have you opted and when is the delivery? Is the door side panel body colored?

Do start an ownership thread ASAP after getting the car.
Old 13th September 2011, 19:39   #1303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

On Road (SMT) 9,97,981

• Extended Warranty 10K
  • 3M Sunfilm 5.6K
  • Fog Lamps 20K
  • Car Cover 1.8K
Since you are going all out for the kill, why not negotiate for the alloys too (for a discount not free).
Old 13th September 2011, 19:56   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Since you are going all out for the kill, why not negotiate for the alloys too (for a discount not free).
I will be carrying forward the Lenso alloys from my existing car for the moment and besides I am not a fan of the Honda OEM alloys.
Old 13th September 2011, 20:01   #1305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Congrats on finalizing the deal. Which color have you opted and when is the delivery?.
It is going to be boring Tafeta White for the moment, but I will mod it asthetically later (alloys, sunfilm, spoiler perhaps?) Delivery is as soon as I pay the rest of the amount, may be a weeks time.

Quote:
Is the door side panel body colored?
I am refering to the fabric covered panel in the interior of the car. I will need to pay 3K to cover that with leather.

Last edited by bharatbs : 13th September 2011 at 20:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks