Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2011, 23:58   #1321
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
Booked a Honda City SMT ten mins back.

Offers are:

OTR 8.4 lacs.
Free Rear sensor
Free Art leather Interior package includes seats,arm rests and door trims.
Congrats. Do let us know the cash discount you got and if you were given the 1 Re insurance as part of the Honda fest offer.
Old 16th September 2011, 10:34   #1322
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojmis View Post
Congrats!

Can you also post the offer details, like cash discount offered, corporate discounts applied etc?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Congrats. Do let us know the cash discount you got and if you were given the 1 Re insurance as part of the Honda fest offer.
Had been negotiating since one month.

OTR city smt : 9,01,115

Cash Discount : 61,115

Dont know the finer details.I had told the dealer that i would take smt for 8.4 plus the freebies.initially he had declined but finally agreed after one month of negotiations.

Effective otr : 8,40,000
Freebies : Rear Sensors -worth 4,500
Interior art leather package - worth 10,000

So in effect 75k discount.

I know bigger discounts have been given elsewhere but not in kerala.But the otr in kerala is pretty low so in the end the otr i paid seems to be the lowest so far for city smt.
Old 16th September 2011, 11:10   #1323
BHPian

While I am still thinking whether to buy a pre-owned car or a new car, one dealer has made following offer for a Maruti Estilo which is manufactured in 2010 -
Delhi On road price - 3.96
Company discount - 0.35
Exchange bonus - 0.20
Dealer discount - 0.40

So effectively the car comes at 3.01 Lakh rupees. The doubt I have is -
1. what's wrong with the 2010 manufactured car, that he is offering such a discount.
2. Further why he has been unable to sell a car for more than 8 months at least ?
3. Is it good enough or can I negotiate further?
Old 16th September 2011, 12:26   #1324
BANNED

Below is the price list sent to Corporates from Ford Hyd.
Sept Price List Ford Hyd.xls
ottocycle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2011, 12:50   #1325
BHPian

Guys any offers going on for diesel Figo,plznning to cancel my swift booking,due to the unending delay
Old 16th September 2011, 22:40   #1326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishchugh View Post
While I am still thinking whether to buy a pre-owned car or a new car, one dealer has made following offer for a Maruti Estilo which is manufactured in 2010 -
Delhi On road price - 3.96
Company discount - 0.35
Exchange bonus - 0.20
Dealer discount - 0.40

So effectively the car comes at 3.01 Lakh rupees. The doubt I have is -
1. what's wrong with the 2010 manufactured car, that he is offering such a discount.
2. Further why he has been unable to sell a car for more than 8 months at least ?
3. Is it good enough or can I negotiate further?
which model is it? the ex showroon prices from company web site are as follows

MARUTI ZEN - ESTILO GREEN LXI 410062.63 413228.63
MARUTI ESTILO LXI - (BS IV WITH IMMOBILISER) 358063.19 361229.19
MARUTI ESTILO VXI - (BS IV WITH IMMOBILISER and ABS) 414065.93 417231.96
MARUTI ESTILO VXI - (BS IV WITH IMMOBILISER) 384520.90 387686.91
MARUTI ESTILO LX - (BS IV WITH IMMOBILISER) 327272.11 330438.09

the discount is surely fishy as normal discount is 35k including coperate.I would closely examine car for use as test drive and accident history. the discount seems to be a desperate sale by dealer enough reason to be cautious

Last edited by drsnt : 16th September 2011 at 22:42.
drsnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2011, 22:46   #1327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Below is the price list sent to Corporates from Ford Hyd.
Attachment 610217
Why is that price list doesn't have the new Fiesta? Even Ford is not serious about selling the new Fiesta?
Old 17th September 2011, 10:27   #1328
BHPian

Saw these offers in today's paper as well as at Fiat India website;

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-fiat.jpg
Old 17th September 2011, 11:26   #1329
BHPian

Folks,

Need your expert help to decide on Fiat Linea T-Jet or Diesel.

I went to the Fiat showroom yesterday.
The On road prices after discounts without haggling are
T-JEt - 9.3 lakhs
Diesel - 9.6 lakhs

I can decide on either and will change my driving requirements accordingly. If I buy the diesel I will take it to office everyday for an overall 50km daily commute. If I buy the petrol it will be more of a weekend car and I shall use public transportation.

Now my queries are -
1. Other than leather seats, bigger rims, all 4 disc brakes are all the other features on the diesel and T-JET the same?
2. Are quality wise the plastics, interiors, etc now both the same for the diesel and T-JET
3. Any other pros and cons that you all can think of for both diesel and TJET?
4. And of course any other freebies I should haggle for

I am ok with TATA A** as I own a S10.

Appreciate your responses.

Cheers
Old 17th September 2011, 13:56   #1330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
I can decide on either and will change my driving requirements accordingly. If I buy the diesel I will take it to office everyday for an overall 50km daily commute. If I buy the petrol it will be more of a weekend car and I shall use public transportation.
Cheers
The above statement is proof enough that you have not defined your priorities.do you want a comfortable mode of transport everyday or would you rather trade it for a weekend of zipping in the turbo?

Buy a car only if you intend to use if for travelling.It doesnt serve its purpose if its going to sit idle in the porch for 5 days a week.

Please invest your money after giving it a clear thought.To me it looks like you are getting your priorities mixed.
Old 17th September 2011, 14:09   #1331
BHPian

anyone knows of any offer/freebies on the Jazz? unlikely that there will be any, but some good bargainers can still manage small stuff

Also, has anyone got corporate discount on any variant of the Jazz. my dealer told me there is none and honda one to one doesnt know, they want me to ask the dealer!!
Old 17th September 2011, 14:16   #1332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Folks,

Need your expert help to decide on Fiat Linea T-Jet or Diesel.

I went to the Fiat showroom yesterday.
The On road prices after discounts without haggling are
T-JEt - 9.3 lakhs
Diesel - 9.6 lakhs

I will always go for a car which I can drive on a regular basis, so go for the Diesel one.

By the way, what sort of driving do you envisage for week ends. Is it spirited driving on lonely roads, visiting friends & relatives or long highway/off highway drives? Excepting the first you will be better served with the Diesel Version, or better still with an SUV. I think that you can get the low end Scorpio/Safari for this amount.
Old 17th September 2011, 14:29   #1333
Senior - BHPian

Any updates on the best price of Honda City E-MT in Bangalore? The best price I have seen is 8.35 lacs on road including leather seats, reverse sensor, sun film and the usual freebies (idol, perfume, mats). It seems E-M<T is not in demand and hence there is no stock at dealers. Hence negotiation is harder.
Old 17th September 2011, 15:02   #1334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
The above statement is proof enough that you have not defined your priorities.do you want a comfortable mode of transport everyday or would you rather trade it for a weekend of zipping in the turbo?

Buy a car only if you intend to use if for travelling.It doesnt serve its purpose if its going to sit idle in the porch for 5 days a week.

Please invest your money after giving it a clear thought.To me it looks like you are getting your priorities mixed.
Well with the kind of traffic we have in Bombay believe me driving is really no fun during rush hour. Driving myself everyday or taking an AC bus to work would work equally for me. I am not able to put one decision over the other. I am moving my stance to start driving everyday but not totally decided.

TJET would have been a no-brainer choice for me if not for the increasing difference of diesel / petrol prices. Buying a diesel would keep my option alive to use that for daily commute.

Keeping my driving decision aside, I am still interested to know views on the quality of the diesel vis a vis TJET. General perception in GTOs review is that TJET is better laid out. Is that the case still or not.

Cheers
Old 17th September 2011, 15:03   #1335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I will always go for a car which I can drive on a regular basis, so go for the Diesel one.

By the way, what sort of driving do you envisage for week ends. Is it spirited driving on lonely roads, visiting friends & relatives or long highway/off highway drives? Excepting the first you will be better served with the Diesel Version, or better still with an SUV. I think that you can get the low end Scorpio/Safari for this amount.
Ya I agree diesel would make more sense now with no chance of rationalization of diesel prices till the next government comes along.

I am not a fan of the Scorpio and with a new Safari coming in the next few months I am not really wanting to put my money there. Plus, I am not so sure about the comparable safety in these SUVs with their high body roll.

I need some inputs on the quality of interiors in the diesel and TJET, whether other than the leather covers, is everything else the same and fitted with the same quality.

Cheers

Last edited by sahakar : 17th September 2011 at 15:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks