Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2011, 09:59   #1381
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Came across this article in today's TOI. Article Window

It says:

Quote:
Industry watchers said this could become even more sweeter as the festive season approaches, considering the discounts offered during ‘ganesh chaturthi’ and ‘onam’ festivals did not yield much results and sales remained negative. Companies and dealers are saddled with heavy inventory levels and will do all they can to clear stocks. Overall car sales fell 10% in August and 16% in July.

This should give enough confidence for all the serious buyers to haggle as much as they can to derive the maximum benefit from the deal. When supply exceeds demand, customer if the KING
Old 20th September 2011, 10:01   #1382
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
Talk to other dealers also, I feel you should be able to get a better discounts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Given the current slew of offers in Fiat, I guess you should check with another dealer. You should be getting a higher cash/corporate discount. I know on Linea they are offering 75k cash discount. Apart from free insurance (which you also got) and free road side assistance for 50 months.
Thank you for the advices. Once I do the TD and if I like the car, will definitely approach other dealers too.
However, I would appreciate if anyone who has recently booked the Punto can give me an idea of the discount they received.
Old 20th September 2011, 10:24   #1383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
Thank you for the advices. Once I do the TD and if I like the car, will definitely approach other dealers too.
However, I would appreciate if anyone who has recently booked the Punto can give me an idea of the discount they received.
Fiat sales are dropping everyday, so there must be a tremendous pressure on the dealers to move the stocks. To get an idea of the discounts, shop around Mumbai and outskirts, you can even try Pune, and then negociate hard.
Old 20th September 2011, 12:25   #1384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahipalc View Post
What is the break down of this 9.5 L OTR with discounts? I just booked a Linea D emotion pk, and the OTR after all discounts is 9.9 lakhs. It looks like I have to cancel the booking now!! Here is what I was offered.

OTR - 10,34,667
Free insurance - 22577
Free RSA - 3000
Cash discount - 15000
An additional discount after a bit of haggling - 4000

Final price - 9.9 Lakhs.

What am I missing here? I thought I tried everything to get a good discount from them, but apparently not...

Please kindly reply as soon as possible and let me know what I can do. If I am being taken for a ride here, I am willing to cancel the booking and lose the 0.5% of booking amount (comes to around 1250).

TIA
There's a corporate discount on top of all that you have listed of around 10k.
Final OTR comes to 9.6 lakhs in Mumbai. I thought Chennai was cheaper than Mumbai. Just check with another dealership and reconfirm the prices

Somehow your 9.9 lakhs seems high.

I hope the other guy with the 9.5 lakhs quote can confirm for you fast.

Cheers
Old 20th September 2011, 12:36   #1385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is the break down of this 9.5 L OTR with discounts? I just booked a Linea D emotion pk, and the OTR after all discounts is 9.9 lakhs. It looks like I have to cancel the booking now!! Here is what I was offered.

OTR - 10,34,667
Free insurance - 22577
Free RSA - 3000
Cash discount - 15000

Final price - 9.9 Lakhs.

What am I missing here? I thought I tried everything to get a good discount from them, but apparently not...

Please kindly reply as soon as possible and let me know what I can do. If I am being taken for a ride here, I am willing to cancel the booking and lose the 0.5% of booking amount (comes to around 1250).

TIA
Are you booking in Chennai? If so PM me and I will connect you with the Sales guy at the dealership to get same offer.
Old 20th September 2011, 12:46   #1386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Are you booking in Chennai? If so PM me and I will connect you with the Sales guy at the dealership to get same offer.
Would be great if you could talk to the sales guy and publish the offer here.

If not here then please PM me the same.

Am really interested in knowing what the best deal in Chennai covers.

Cheers
Old 20th September 2011, 12:56   #1387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
Considering to buy a diesel hatchback, deciding between Punto 1.3 Emotion Pack or Figo Titanium.
These are the Mumbai OTR prices from dealers :
Ford Figo Titanium Diesel
Ex-Showroom : 584,528
Insurance : 21,327
Ext. warranty : 3,550
Std. accessories (Which?) : 1,800
Depot : 2,000
OTR : 660,372

Fiat Punto Emotion Pack 1.3Ex-Showroom : 670,794
Insurance : Free (was 24,460)
Ext. warranty : 5,000
Depot : 3,500
Discount : 10,000
OTR : 722,250

Are these prices okay or should I ask for discount. The Fiat representative had flatly refused saying there are no discounts on diesel.
This is pretty much the discount you will get other than adding corporate discount of around 7.5k or so.
You can haggle for another 5000 off and take a few freebies.
I read somewhere Fiat is also giving extended warranty free too, so you will save that 5k too.

By the way which dealership did you shop around at. I went to Concorde for the above offer.

Cheers
Old 20th September 2011, 13:01   #1388
BHPian

Quote:

OTR - 10,34,667
Free insurance - 22577
Free RSA - 3000
Cash discount - 15000

Final price - 9.9 Lakhs.

TIA
On further looking thru your breakups and mine -
Showroom price of Linea Emotion pack is 895000. OTR at 1034667 seems to be jacked up.
Plus insurance on my quote is almost 33k which is waived off. So thats another 10k difference that I can see.

You should ideally be getting the final deal around 9.5 without haggling and around 9.4 with haggling.

Hope it helps

Cheers
Old 20th September 2011, 13:04   #1389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar

This is pretty much the discount you will get other than adding corporate discount of around 7.5k or so.
You can haggle for another 5000 off and take a few freebies.
I read somewhere Fiat is also giving extended warranty free too, so you will save that 5k too.

By the way which dealership did you shop around at. I went to Concorde for the above offer.

Cheers
For the Figo, the quote is from S.C.Ford whereas the quote for Punto is from Fortune Motors.
Old 20th September 2011, 13:06   #1390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy

Fiat sales are dropping everyday, so there must be a tremendous pressure on the dealers to move the stocks. To get an idea of the discounts, shop around Mumbai and outskirts, you can even try Pune, and then negociate hard.
Will keep this in mind once the car is approved after TD.
Old 20th September 2011, 14:07   #1391
BHPian

I heard that Honda has reduced its discounts of late for the City.. 25K cash discount + free insurance + extended warranty. Can anyone confirm or is it still possible to get those 1 lakh plus discounts (incl. accessories).
Old 20th September 2011, 15:30   #1392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
I heard that Honda has reduced its discounts of late for the City.. 25K cash discount + free insurance + extended warranty. Can anyone confirm or is it still possible to get those 1 lakh plus discounts (incl. accessories).
Reduction in discounts confirmed for Gurgaon - I had recently contacted Pearl Honda and they mentioned the same discounts you have mentioned.
Of course you can get another 15k for corporate discount over and above this.
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 16:26   #1393
BHPian

Autocar has tweeted Nissan sunny prices jn a scoop:

Xe: 5.78
Xl: 6.78
Xv: 7.68

I am assuming these will be ex showroom delhi
Old 20th September 2011, 21:32   #1394
Senior - BHPian

A colleague has been quoted 6.85L OTR for a Figo Titanium Diesel in Bangalore. I searched through this thread and the Figo review thread, but wasn't able to find any reports of discounts on it.

Anyone planning on a Figo? Any offers/deals available? Would appreciate any info. I asked him to (threaten to) cancel his booking citing the 75k Rs offers on the Punto, and he's going to try. Wanted to back it up with some facts about the Figo, if available.
Old 20th September 2011, 21:38   #1395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM
A colleague has been quoted 6.85L OTR for a Figo Titanium Diesel in Bangalore. I searched through this thread and the Figo review thread, but wasn't able to find any reports of discounts on it.

Anyone planning on a Figo? Any offers/deals available? Would appreciate any info. I asked him to (threaten to) cancel his booking citing the 75k Rs offers on the Punto, and he's going to try. Wanted to back it up with some facts about the Figo, if available.
As mentioned in my post above I got a quote of 6.6 lacs OTR Mumbai. But we have not negotiated as we are deciding on the punto. You mentioned 75k offer on punto, can you let me know details of this offer

Most Viewed