Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2011, 17:27   #1411
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
The sales rep was talking about underbody anti-rust coating.

For sunfilm, will Rs.4,000 cover windows and rear windshield? Should I get this done at dealer? What is RE35 and CS20?
Under chasis coating for Fiat cars is not needed at all. As I said earlier, it is done by Fiat at the factory itself.

Yes. Rs. 4000 should cover the windows and the rear. RE35 and CS20 are the models of sunfilm from 3M. RE35 is the neutral film and is very good in sun control. CS20 will be bit darker and should be cheaper than RE35.

I would advice that don't do these from the dealer. Look out for the direct 3M dealers in your city and go to them.
Old 21st September 2011, 17:32   #1412
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Under chasis coating for Fiat cars is not needed at all. As I said earlier, it is done by Fiat at the factory itself.

Yes. Rs. 4000 should cover the windows and the rear. RE35 and CS20 are the models of sunfilm from 3M. RE35 is the neutral film and is very good in sun control. CS20 will be bit darker and should be cheaper than RE35.

I would advice that don't do these from the dealer. Look out for the direct 3M dealers in your city and go to them.
Thank for the advice. Any idea of dealers of 3M in Mumbai?
Old 21st September 2011, 17:34   #1413
BHPian

Quote:
Finally we booked a Fiat Punto Emotion Pack 1.3, Tuscan Wine color.
Tried hard to negotiate but the sales rep did not offer much discount.

Final price given is :
OTR : 761,262
Less Insurance : 24,602
Less Extended warranty : 5,000
Less Gift cheque : 10,000

Final : 721,660

Gave him the booking amount of 50K. I told him I will check with other dealer and if I get better price he has to match. He agreed (verbally).
Did not even offer any accessories free.

He is saying we should go for anti-rust coating. Price is Rs.4,500, which covers 5 years warranty and 2 services of the coating per year. Is this necessary, should we go for it?

Also thinking of putting 55% Garware sun-film, price of Rs.4,000 is offered for sides and possibly back also.

Are prices okay? Should I check with another dealer? What about accessory prices?
Congrats, mate..

I am surprised that they didn't offer any free accessories to you.

But I guess, this is the only diesel where you are getting at least around 40k off. None of the other competitors are giving any discounts on diesels.

When's your delivery date.

Cheers
Old 21st September 2011, 17:36   #1414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank for the advice. Any idea of dealers of 3M in Mumbai?
I don't have insight into information on dealers in Mumbai. I would advice you to check out the directory section in T-BHP.
Old 21st September 2011, 17:59   #1415
BHPian

Quote:

Final price given is :

Gave him the booking amount of 50K. I told him I will check with other dealer and if I get better price he has to match. He agreed (verbally).

He is saying we should go for anti-rust coating. Price is Rs.4,500, which covers 5 years warranty and 2 services of the coating per year. Is this necessary, should we go for it?

Also thinking of putting 55% Garware sun-film, price of Rs.4,000 is offered for sides and possibly back also.

Are prices okay? Should I check with another dealer? What about accessory prices?
You can try for a bit of cash discount. Is there not any corporate discounts?
Old 21st September 2011, 18:41   #1416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan

You can try for a bit of cash discount. Is there not any corporate discounts?
We have our own business, not employed, so corporate discount not applicable I think.
Old 21st September 2011, 19:46   #1417
BHPian

guys any idea if its really beneficial to go for honda assure or i would rather take insurance outside?

taking it from icici is saving me close to 4k.
Old 21st September 2011, 22:34   #1418
Team-BHP Support

I'd gone with my friend to help him choose between Swift, i20, punto and Honda Jazz. I was quite surprised to see that the Honda Jazz has a waiting period of 6 months!! The Swift ZXi (the once king of waiting periods) commands a waiting period of 2 months now in comparison to the Honda Jazz's 6 months! i20s and Puntos are delivered almost immediately, depending on color choice.

If they (Honda) want to really get the Jazz back into the competition, I thought they would have been a little more enthusiastic than just offering the price cuts. Maybe they're taking their "Jazz - Why so serious?" slogan a little too seriously

Not surprisingly, my friend was turned away from this wonderful product not because of the price, but because of the waiting period. He finally booked the Swift ZXi at Sagar automobiles, OTR price = Rs. 6,78,383 /- , freebies - mudflaps and carpet mats, approx waiting period - 2 months, but might vary slightly depending on ongoing strike resolution in maruti's plant.
Old 21st September 2011, 23:32   #1419
BHPian

This news might interest you - fiat-offers-festival-discounts-on-linea-and-punto:

Fiat offers festival discounts on Linea and Punto - The Economic Times

Quote:

Final price given is :

Old 22nd September 2011, 10:21   #1420
BHPian

Quote:
We have our own business, not employed, so corporate discount not applicable I think.
Am a dentist still got a 'corporate' discount on my city.Nothing corporate about it,the dealer can offer it if you pester him enough or at least freebies in lieu of the discount.
Old 22nd September 2011, 15:11   #1421
Team-BHP Support

Just got back from Sundaram Motors, Kasturba Rd, Bangalore.

As many know, they are winding up their Chevrolet franchisee within the next month or so.

There is a board inside the Service Reception which says, (Up to) 50% Off on Stock Accessories. When I enquired, I was told that the discounts ranges from 25-50% on products. This is because of stock clearance.

Also, since they would be looking to sell off all their inventory quick, I feel someone planning on a Chevy would manage good discounts from them.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011, 15:27   #1422
Senior - BHPian

Anyone has any knowledge about the pricing of the "Face-lifted 2.0" version of Fabia? Also, is the 1.6 available in 1.0 or 2.0 version? IMO extremely weird strategy from Skoda.
Old 23rd September 2011, 17:45   #1423
Senior - BHPian

Festival Dhamaka Offer from Maruti

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-ad0430106.png
Old 23rd September 2011, 19:44   #1424
vcx
BHPian

Honda is offering discount on Insurance and a High ICE from Caska having BT, IPOD, USB connectivity, navigation, rear camera, dvd , touch screen( worth 50+k).

Valid on Civic and Accord.
Old 23rd September 2011, 22:18   #1425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
guys any idea if its really beneficial to go for honda assure or i would rather take insurance outside?

taking it from icici is saving me close to 4k.
It saves a lot of trouble if you go with Honda assure.
I renewed the insurance this month with Honda.
Ask the Honda dealer for the comparison between Honda assure and others, there is a printed sheet explaining the details.
Negotiate for the discount on the premium, though you may not get as much as others give, you can still try.
NCB will depend on your claim history.
Please check the IDV offered by Honda and others and satisfy yourself the offered IDV is sufficient for your needs.
Ask for freebies from Honda dealer, it is possible to get service coupons for the vehicle service.
Please ask for detailed calculations while estimating the IDV and the subsequent calculations in arriving at the premium to be paid.

HC

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks