Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2009, 17:43   #46
Senior - BHPian

No, it may not be possible to negotiate the price especially a car like HONDA.

probably some other car manufacturers give discounts/free offers to push the sales.
Also, as said above, outright purchase is not that attractive for the dealers (they always prefer a buyer who willing to go for finance/loan as these guys always have a tie up with financing companies whereby they get some benefits).
Old 29th November 2009, 18:13   #47
Senior - BHPian

I brought my Verna CRDi last year on paying full amount ( No Finance ) and I managed to get an extra 5000 rupees off - BUT it was more to do with my good relationship with that Hyundai Dealership I suppose.

By the way it does not make much difference. They prefer Finance.

Honda no way - It's year end so try getting a discount on that basis.

Honda City is selling extremely well.
Old 29th November 2009, 22:53   #48
BHPian

If you don't try you will never know, but fast selling models are more difficult to get a better deal on, there will be some corporate discounts and since its nearing end of year you should definitely give it a shot cause folks usually hold off purchasing in December, to get the benefit of a newer model in January.
Old 30th November 2009, 10:41   #49
evo
BHPian

Pit one dealer against the other. December is a slow month cos of the year change thing. IMHO ten grand should be acheivable.
Old 30th November 2009, 12:40   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Can one bargain on out right purchase of Honda City in Mumbia. V type list price is Rs. 10,23,000/- on road individual mumbai. Can you negotiate this price?
Call up all dealers and tell them you want to finalise the deal today and what is their best prices. Use multiple phones to negotiate with different dealers at the same time. If cash discount is getting difficult, try to get servcies/accecories are arent very expensive for the dealer:
  • Free servcies in addition to existing free services.
  • Under body coating (Try for Denitrol)
  • 3 to 4 Free waxing and polishing jobs
  • Mats / carpets, mudflaps, etc.
  • Free parallel wiring setup for audio control on steering (getting it done from
dealer will help protect warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
bottom line is that you cannot get a discount on out right purchase of a vehicle!
Jazz (though slow selling) has an outright discount of 15k or free Insurance.
I10 has a outright discount of 25k+ on any model (Magna and above).
Verna petrol would get you 25k plus of discount.
Punto 1.4 has 10k discounts.
All above are Mumbai deals (no finance, full outright payment).

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Pit one dealer against the other. December is a slow month cos of the year change thing. IMHO ten grand should be acheivable.
Old 30th November 2009, 13:14   #51
BHPian

Hey Cannon,

No! you cant bargain on this price, especially HONDA.

i didnt get a single paisa discount on my purchase, even though i was paying the entire amount. But i did get a corporate discount of 15k, since my spouse is working a for an IT company which is listed in the A-list of companies of Honda.

I even paid for the mud flaps :-). I was generally enquring with the sales manager, he says Honda is very strict about discounts, The reason being, by offering discounts, the value of Honda products comes down i believe.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 30th November 2009 at 13:20.
Old 30th November 2009, 14:44   #52
Senior - BHPian

I think, everything is negotiable, with right information, tactics and skills.

I suggest you could try some of the following

1. Year end discounts (this is dealer specific to avoid old stocks)

2. Corporate discount (if you are working for a known corporate)

3. Loyalty based discount (if your previous car is an Honda)

4. Free accessories and goodies

5. discounts in insurance premium

6. Discounts in handling charges (RTO related there is some cushion available)

7. Sales Consultant given discount (this is given by the sales consultant from his commission, which helps him to meet his monthly target)

8. You can look for some old stock (date of manufacturing say Feb/Mar 2009) or some not so fast moving colors / varients (EMT version), but ensure that you do your due deligence prior to making the purchase decision.

9. you can use your personal relationships with the known people who are working at Honda or the dealer. this can help in getting some special discount

10. Volume deals , say you do block booking together with 4-5 others and negotiate volume discount. you can network with people from your housing colony, office, club or any other business/personal network.

11. you can ask the dealer to provide you some low interest options for the lease/financing. Often the dealers can negotiate better deals with the leasing.financing companies/banks. hence your overall cost of ownership would be lower.

12. You can ask your employer to provide you with some low interest options / interest subsidy which is another sort of discount.

there might be more option, all the best.

i forgot to tell you one tip, after availing the discount, never tell anyone else, just keep telling you never got any discount.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 30th November 2009 at 14:56.
Old 30th November 2009, 14:54   #53
Senior - BHPian

Its difficult deal with Honda & Toyota for a best deal. But nothing wrong in pulling the strings. Only thing try to get some accessories from them but don't expect any cash discount.

Few thumb rules:
Get the insurance done outside.
Registration would be more if done through showroom, this can also be done. contact a RTO agent.
Corporate discount.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 30th November 2009 at 14:56.
Old 30th November 2009, 15:01   #54
Senior - BHPian

man so many ways to deal with the dealer. I think these points will help so many users/buyers in asking for discounts and that too all the points are ready reckoner
Old 30th November 2009, 15:38   #55
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys very usefull tips. Will keep you posted. Anyone dealt with Arya in Mumbai and other Honda dealers in Mumbai?
Old 1st December 2009, 10:32   #56
BHPian

December Deals are not so refreshing guys...
It is altogether a mixed bag of results that pour in,

it all begin with CNBC TV18's futuristic view that car prices may go up by 5-10%... Know not how much we can expect.

As far as the Hyudai is concerned, they still stick to the prices that was announced in november except for Gold coin which they offered until Nov 27 if am right...

Free Insurance & player for i10 1.1
Free Insurance for i10 1.2
Getz - Spl offer price of 3.99

Any update on prices for December & Deals from Maruti's stable...

Please do share here!!
Old 1st December 2009, 14:45   #57
BHPian

Discount on Ritz Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai Narayan View Post
Any update on prices for December & Deals from Maruti's stable...

Please do share here!!
Just got a call from my dealer about discount on Ritz Petrol. They have received some announcement from Maruti about this discount and it will be confirmed by evening. Dealer said that it will be minimum 5000/- cash discount. I have asked my dealer to delay registration of my car to avail this discount.

I will update the thread once I get confirmation from dealer.
Old 1st December 2009, 15:52   #58
BHPian

Honda has free insurance offer for City S for this month.Got the info from both Magnum and Dakshin
Old 2nd December 2009, 12:34   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Just got a call from my dealer about discount on Ritz Petrol...

...I will update the thread once I get confirmation from dealer.
Got the confirmation. Maruti has announced 15K cash discount on Ritz Petrol for the month of December only. Not sure about additional discounts on diesel variants.
Old 2nd December 2009, 12:52   #60
BHPian

Indica Vista LTD edn (Quadrajet)

Hello Frineds, I have quote from Concorde motors, BLR for on Road 6,10,000/- (minus 16,700 insurance) for the Ltd edition Indica Vista (Quadrajet).

Is that the normal discounts being offered ? (no corporate disc for us).
This include the 7.7K GOLD AMC which is zero maintenance plan for 24 months or 20k kms.

Am unable to find info about the platinum AMC offers. Could you please provide any known further discounts avaibale for general public ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks