Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2011, 08:46   #736
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

As per my conversation with the Honda sales rep.
There is one model which has bluish interiors and USB connectivity etc.
This model is now supposedly discontinued. and he has only one left which is in red. that one would come to 8L OTR Pune.

now the model just under that, which will be the top model henceforth is going to cost 7.4 OTR Pune.

If further clarification is needed i can speak to him again and get the variant details.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2011, 08:55   #737
Team-BHP Support

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
This model is now supposedly discontinued. and he has only one left which is in red. that one would come to 8L OTR Pune.

now the model just under that, which will be the top model henceforth is going to cost 7.4 OTR Pune.

If further clarification is needed i can speak to him again and get the variant details.
The one with bluish interiors is the Jazz X, and the model with 7.4 lakhs OTR should be the Select variant, which I feel is an excellent buy for that price.

Got a question. How does this Exchange Bonus and Loyality Bonus work? I have seen these referred in many places. Thank you
Old 9th July 2011, 09:14   #738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Got a question. How does this Exchange Bonus and Loyality Bonus work? I have seen these referred in many places. Thank you
Exchange bonus is an amount given to you for exchanging your current ride with the dealership.

For example if you exchange your old zen for a new tata manza at the tata dealer, he will give you the dealer evaluated value of your vehicle ~ let's say it's 50K plus an additional exchange bonus of 20K. So you get a total of 70K for your old zen.

Problem is most dealerships under evaluate your car. So if you take the old zen to used car dealer or private sale they may give you 70K or maybe even more for it.

So it is a good practice to evaluate and check at a couple of sources before you sell your current ride.

Another small point is that, when you exchange at the dealer they will most likely adjust the cash with your current purchase, so you don't get to hold a bundle of notes like you would, if you sold it privately or at a used car dealership.

~~~~~

Loyalty Bonus is given to you if you already own a vehicle from the same company. the amount varies from company to company. and even the dealers too can give you a little something extra.
Take our case as an example.
We already own a Civic, and recently went in for a City.
So Honda loyalty bonus was given to us at 10K. I pushed the dealer further and he said since you have already taken another vehicle from our dealership here is another 10K. I was all the way home.
So basically be Loyal to your brand and they shall reward you.

Hope this answers it.
Drive Safe!
mdsaab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2011, 13:34   #739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Problem is most dealerships under evaluate your car. So if you take the old zen to used car dealer or private sale they may give you 70K or maybe even more for it.

So it is a good practice to evaluate and check at a couple of sources before you sell your current ride.
Totally agree, mdsaab. Have seen this multiple times that one gets the best price (though with ample effort) if one sells directly via classifieds etc. Private dealers give the next best price, and it is usually significantly lesser than what one can get in a direct sale (though the headache is also significantly lesser). The showroom "exchange bonus" sales, despite the bonus are usually where one stands to loose a biggish amount (of course is the most convenient sale/exchange though).

Have said this before, but thought should say it here again, especially for VB's benefit, when he comes to India

Loyalty bonus, does seem to be a genuine saving though.
Poitive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2011, 13:38   #740
BHPian

Fabia 1.2 Petrol is 3.99 Lakhs Ex show room and about 4.66 Lakhs OTR, is this good VRM?
Old 9th July 2011, 14:16   #741
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Exchange bonus is an amount given to you for exchanging your current ride with the dealership.
~~~~~

Loyalty Bonus is given to you if you already own a vehicle from the same company.

So basically be Loyal to your brand and they shall reward you.

Hope this answers it.
Thanks mdsaab for the detailed explanation, really appreciate it. As you mentioned, loyalty bonus looks like something which is more genuine, and have more room for bargaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Have said this before, but thought should say it here again, especially for VB's benefit, when he comes to India

Loyalty bonus, does seem to be a genuine saving though.
Thanks Poitive for the response. Looks like the only positive of an exchange with the dealer is to avoid all the hassles related to direct selling
Old 9th July 2011, 14:43   #742
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Just got off the phone from the guys at Shubh Honda and it is confirmed news - Honda has quietly discontinued the Jazz X model, and the Select variant will be the new top-end Jazz. Also, prices for the Jazz might be lowered by July-end.

The official website does not mention this, though.

Does this mean that the additional stuff (such as the dark-grey (gunmetal?) alloys, USB extension, etc.) given for the X will be available for the Select variant through a separate kit?
Or will the Jazz Select model come with these fittings as OEM in the future?

The ASM has no idea. Maybe things will get clearer once he calls me back in the evening.

Please see if you can get more info on this, mdsaab.
Old 9th July 2011, 19:56   #743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Poitive for the response. Looks like the only positive of an exchange with the dealer is to avoid all the hassles related to direct selling
Another point: Selling to the showroom makes one feel more safe without having to go through making sure that the car has actually been transferred. With private sales, it is either a hassle or a bit of insecurity about whether it has actually been transferred.

With private dealers, one can press on the point that one wants the delivery note etc. from the dealer himself. They usually oblige, though at a cost (1-2k). It could be made clear before one settles at a price, to avoid confusion later. Later one could take the copies of the owner in whose name the car has been transferred.
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2011, 22:38   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Maybe its city or even dealer specific in that case an invoice wont help. Mind you this was the OTR price and not just ex showroom. It includes all discounts and waivers including taxes and registration, insurance, VIP number etc. I think its largely depending on what stocks a particular dealer has. In Bombay, any dealer would give you 4L straight up and then its upto you with sheer bargaining power.

Ill ask my cousin if he can give me the invoice.

This is the Avant Garde version, the highest spec.

Also the 2008 models are now up for grabs in the pre-owned dealerships for as low as 18-19, depending on the series, that too low mileage. I was offered one pre-owned C200k and one C220 cdi in that price bracket.

It would be fantastic if you could put up the evidence / document showing this invoice; I did speak with Auto-Hangar today - they are also offering upto 4 lacs off only.
Old 10th July 2011, 09:42   #745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
With private dealers, one can press on the point that one wants the delivery note etc. from the dealer himself. They usually oblige, though at a cost (1-2k). It could be made clear before one settles at a price, to avoid confusion later. Later one could take the copies of the owner in whose name the car has been transferred.
Delivery note is very essential.
and must mention the time of delivery. it's sort of a safety device, so if anything happens to the vehicle after this time it's the responsibility of the dealer.
and as mentioned keeping a xerox of the papers in the new owners name is also a very good idea. This was if any future problems crop up, you whip out that xerox as proof that ownership was indeed transferred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Just got off the phone from the guys at Shubh Honda and it is confirmed news - Honda has quietly discontinued the Jazz X model, and the Select variant will be the new top-end Jazz. Also, prices for the Jazz might be lowered by July-end.

The official website does not mention this, though.

Does this mean that the additional stuff (such as the dark-grey (gunmetal?) alloys, USB extension, etc.) given for the X will be available for the Select variant through a separate kit?
Or will the Jazz Select model come with these fittings as OEM in the future?
Please see if you can get more info on this, mdsaab.
I shall speak to our sales rep and pass on any info i get.

Quote:
Thanks mdsaab for the detailed explanation, really appreciate it. As you mentioned, loyalty bonus looks like something which is more genuine, and have more room for bargaining.
You are welcomes mate. loyalty bonus is definately more genuine. exchange bonus is just to tempt you with a fat discount. often folks do not do enough research and are quick to get rid of their current rides. only to realize later that they could have got a better or much better price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
Fabia 1.2 Petrol is 3.99 Lakhs Ex show room and about 4.66 Lakhs OTR, is this good VRM?
Yes i think it's a good deal. the Fabia is a pretty spacious car. It also does give you that big car feel. Only downside is that it's a 3 cylinder engine. So idle vibrations are a bit annoying. But overall it's still a great package and now at quite an irresistible price too.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2011, 10:31   #746
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is this the price during the Skoda Celebrations?

A friend's mum went in for a TD, liked the car, booked it; because the package just seemed right. However a week later, the dealer called up saying only the Silver colour was available thru' the Skoda Celebrations offer (discounted rate) and that the car was overbooked and allotments would be on a lottery-type system.

So, you don't get all that you see. Clarify this before you strike a deal!
Old 10th July 2011, 10:55   #747
BHPian

Folks any idea on what VW is giving as discounts / deals on the automatic petrol vento. ads are running on 6.99 interest rates. have any of u come across anything else. what kinda corporate discount to expect. please advise.

Cheers
Old 10th July 2011, 12:39   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar
Folks any idea on what VW is giving as discounts / deals on the automatic petrol vento. ads are running on 6.99 interest rates. have any of u come across anything else. what kinda corporate discount to expect. please advise.

Cheers
VW doesn't have any special offers running currently, AFAIK. For the Vento, expect a discount of anywhere between 10-30k, if any. Dealer financing is a good option, but do ask about all the processing charges, documentation fees and foreclosure/prepayment options/charges. Watch out for any hidden charges, and also whether it's a floating rate of interest.
Old 10th July 2011, 12:53   #749
Team-BHP Support

Guys, any idea of offers on Mahindra Verito diesel ?
Old 10th July 2011, 13:26   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Test drove the Fabia 1.2 yesterday, What a car !!!!, the engine feels a little weak while taking off, but after that it's pretty OK, the car feels buily to last, the steering responce is fantastic, boot space is quite big by hatch standards.

Skoda is offereing 2+2 years of warranty (100k kms), called Skoda Shield, which also provides 24/7 road side assistance for 4 years. Really tempting.
The Ex showroom is 3.99 Lakhs, and about 4.64 Lakhs OTR.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks