Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2011, 21:24   #826
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Ok folks, are you ready?
Read this on the New Ford Fiesta thread
Here are the current discounts being offered.
discounts on Insurance + 35K flat cashback on the Titanium and Titanium+ for both petrol and diesel.
Way sooner than expected.

Has this been started ?
Old 20th July 2011, 21:36   #827
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Very strange that a new launch like NFS needs to offer discounts to lure potential buyers. Given their excellent legacy of old Fiesta this sure comes as a surprise
Old 21st July 2011, 10:03   #828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Slightly OT: Couple days back, I sent an email to the Fiat dealer in my city, asking for the on-road price and offers on Linea T-Jet+. This morning, I got an email back from them with the pricelist, and then there is a footnote in the email: "In T-Jet we have Fox trut azure(Sky Blue).we delivered that vehicle one week". I assume, he meant to say that they have this colour of T-Jet available, and can be delivered in a week (even though my enquiry was specifically on T-Jet+).

I looked further down in the email chain. My original email was forwarded to this person by another official in the dealership, and he has mentioned this “Try to convince him to T-Jet”. At least they should have shown the presence of mind to hide the internal communication from the potential customer
VB that was hilarious, what a major goof up.
-------
about the NFS, no not need for speed, i am talking about the Fiesta.
That was offered to a T-bhpian. while another did not get any discounts offered. So it may be at a dealership level.
Either way, it is a clear indication that something can be had.
So haggle hard all yer potential customers.
and make this thread proud, with the best deals offered to you.
Old 21st July 2011, 10:45   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
This is true. But, the catch is that you have to first book a petrol car, be it Punto or Linea. Participate in some contest and only if you win that contest, they will upgrade your petrol car to diesel one without any extra charge. Its not so straightforward. Its a move by Fiat to push petrol car sales, nothing else.
I will have to dispute this statement. Its vice versa. Meaning if you are going for petrol you get a diesel and if you are going for the diesel you get it at the price of the petrol (the same variant only).
looks like they want to increase the diesel's sales.

BTW heart finally won over the head so heading out from manza to Linea mjd. Man that is a sweet cockpit !
Ok, a little OT but relevant to buyers:
I gave the test drive the old college try, not on highways as it's highway manners are well documented but in full back to back traffic(silk board et al at 7 PM no less) and quite a lot of broken roads and high altitude speed breakers.
I have to say it felt a lot more responsive than the elan TD car and if you are a little careful it does not scrape at 95 % of the breakers.
Finally I changed my booking over to active linea with sun-film, reverse sensors and possibly the remote locker (this one at cost price).
And I got the corp discount of 12k and definitely one of 3 prizes(3months /6months fuel coupons, diesel at the price of petrol)
All in a day's work as they say !
Old 21st July 2011, 11:17   #830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMind View Post
I will have to dispute this statement. Its vice versa. Meaning if you are going for petrol you get a diesel and if you are going for the diesel you get it at the price of the petrol (the same variant only).
looks like they want to increase the diesel's sales.

BTW heart finally won over the head so heading out from manza to Linea mjd. Man that is a sweet cockpit !
Cool! It happens man. When you go to Tata showroom to look at Tata cars, you are pulled towards Fiat cars as if they are huge magnets. Both of them, Punto and Linea, have killer looks(the 1st thing that strikes you) and both are pretty good from inside too(purely personal opinion). When i had gone for my booking of Vista, my mom was floored by the looks of Linea. She said cancel Vista and buy Linea. She was unaware of the cost difference, but thats a different point. I guess you can understand what I am trying to say.

Congrats and All the best with your purchase and start your own ownership thread soon. Waiting for pics.
Old 21st July 2011, 12:12   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
This offer of diesel car for the price of similar petrol variant is for 20 lucky customers all over India. This is applicable for both Linea and Punto. You’re the lucky one who got selected, but want to stick to original booking of petrol variant, they will pay you back the price difference. And if your original booking is a T-Jet / T-Jet+, you will get a discount of Rs. 100,000. This is because there is no diesel equivalent.

Information courtesy: Fiat Upgrade Offer

Slightly OT: Couple days back, I sent an email to the Fiat dealer in my city, asking for the on-road price and offers on Linea T-Jet+. This morning, I got an email back from them with the pricelist, and then there is a footnote in the email: "In T-Jet we have Fox trut azure(Sky Blue).we delivered that vehicle one week". I assume, he meant to say that they have this colour of T-Jet available, and can be delivered in a week (even though my enquiry was specifically on T-Jet+).

I looked further down in the email chain. My original email was forwarded to this person by another official in the dealership, and he has mentioned this “Try to convince him to T-Jet”. At least they should have shown the presence of mind to hide the internal communication from the potential customer
That is so funny . Shows the quality of people there.

I am going to their dealership this weekend and asking for the lakh off, no lottery nothing. If they are not willing to provide then not interested.

Cheers
Old 21st July 2011, 19:19   #832
Team-BHP Support

Got a response from VW in Kerala (Thrissur). Compared to the goofy email from the Fiat dealer, this one was super professional. Crisp and clear answers to each and every question I asked. Quite a pleasant surprise indeed. No offers on diesel (2-3 months waiting time) and on petrol (20 days waiting time) they have VW Finance option with 6.99% interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
I am going to their dealership this weekend and asking for the lakh off, no lottery nothing. If they are not willing to provide then not interested.
Cheers
Brilliant! No harm in trying. It may actually work
Old 22nd July 2011, 04:11   #833
BHPian

Hi,

My T-BHP account got approved today and this is my first post. I am excited to be part of the community.

I just wanted to post the deals we are being offered for a new Honda City - SMT. A disclaimer here - I am actually out of the country. My Dad has been the one doing the rounds of dealerships and bargaining hard. I have of course given him some feedback based on reports on T-BHP.

Dad has bargained hard at two dealerships and I think both deals are pretty good compared to what others have been quoting here. All the credit for this goes to Dad and I have to mention - some of the credit goes to md_saab

Here are the details. Let me know what you guys think.

Offer from Crystal Honda - Viman Nagar [Dealer 1]:

Original OTR Price: 9.39L [includes 2 year extended warranty/RSA]
Standard Discount: 50K
Additional Discount: 35K

Final OTR Price: 8.54L

Free Accessories:
Sun Film [Front, Side and Back]
Transparent Matts

Offer from Deccan Honda - Bund Garden [Dealer 2]:

Additional Discount: 20K

Final OTR Price: 8.69L

Free Accessories:
Sun Film [Side and Back]. The dealer says Front film not needed. I think he is just trying to save some money here.
Side Protectors
Backup Sensor
Artificial Leather Seat covers

Overall, I think both deals are comparable, with Dealer 2 giving us a slightly better deal. While Dealer 1 is giving us a better discount [to the tune of 15K], Dealer 2 is giving us more free accessories - backup sensor, side protectors and art leather seat covers.

Dad is holding out for Side Step Garnish and bumper protectors [essentially everything in the Elegance package] from Dealer 2.
Old 22nd July 2011, 09:59   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alam86
Hi,

My T-BHP account got approved today and this is my first post. I am excited to be part of the community.

I just wanted to post the deals we are being offered for a new Honda City - SMT. A disclaimer here - I am actually out of the country. My Dad has been the one doing the rounds of dealerships and bargaining hard. I have of course given him some feedback based on reports on T-BHP.

Dad has bargained hard at two dealerships and I think both deals are pretty good compared to what others have been quoting here. All the credit for this goes to Dad and I have to mention - some of the credit goes to md_saab

Here are the details. Let me know what you guys think.

Free Accessories:
Transparent Matts

Free Accessories:
Sun Film [Side and Back]. The dealer says Front film not needed. I think he is just trying to save some money here.
Side Protectors
Backup Sensor

Overall, I think both deals are comparable, with Dealer 2 giving us a slightly better deal. While Dealer 1 is giving us a better discount [to the tune of 15K], Dealer 2 is giving us more free accessories - backup sensor, side protectors and art leather seat covers.

Dad is holding out for Side Step Garnish and bumper protectors [essentially everything in the Elegance package] from Dealer 2.
Thanks buddy for your kind words. And welcome to Team-BHP. I trust you have been reading a lot before. And so more specifically welcome to the other side.
Your Dad seems to have a knack for negotiations. And truly got some great deals from both dealers.
Yes dealer 2 seems to have given more by way of accessories. But then 15k cash extra is not to be ignored either.
Overall if you can push dealer 2 for those additional 2 accesories it seems a better deal.
And yes dont forget to throw in a full body cover.
Old 22nd July 2011, 10:14   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alam86 View Post
Hi,

Free Accessories:
Transparent Matts

Free Accessories:
Side Protectors
Backup Sensor
Welcome to the community alam. If it ain't at tbhp it ain't there

Coming to your deal here's my two cents

If you want to upgrade to the elegance pack, (side, front bumper protector back up sensor etc) then the package it self is close to 28k (in Mumbai atleast) In that case the offer from Dealer 2 is more suited. You would be saving a good a neat 13k in the combo deal.

However if you aren't looking at elegance pack then Dealer 1 sounds more sweet. Just check what sun film is being offered V-Kool, 3M. I slightly agree with the dealer that front film is not required (thought reasons may be different) as AHNC is known for poor stock head lights. Unless you plan to upgrade stock headlights driving at night might be an issue with the films. Ask dealer 1 to throw the car cover.

Good luck and happy hunting.
Old 22nd July 2011, 10:27   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Welcome to the community alam. If it ain't at tbhp it ain't there

Coming to your deal here's my two cents

If you want to upgrade to the elegance pack, (side, front bumper protector back up sensor etc) then the package it self is close to 28k (in Mumbai atleast) In that case the offer from Dealer 2 is more suited. You would be saving a good a neat 13k in the combo deal.

However if you aren't looking at elegance pack then Dealer 1 sounds more sweet. Just check what sun film is being offered V-Kool, 3M. I slightly agree with the dealer that front film is not required (thought reasons may be different) as AHNC is known for poor stock head lights. Unless you plan to upgrade stock headlights driving at night might be an issue with the films. Ask dealer 1 to throw the car cover.

Good luck and happy hunting.
Thank you mdsaab and arup.

About the deal - I really want everything that the Elegance package has. Dealer 2 is providing 2 of the 4 things. The website has the Elegance package listed at 36K. Is 28K the price you've been quoted in Mumbai for the entire package?

I'm actually fine with not getting the art leather covers. We may drop that from the list and bargain for side step garnish and bumper protectors instead.

About the Sunfilm, doesn't it help block UV and heat? The front windshield probably has the most amount of sunlight/heat coming in, so I thought it would be important.

We haven't asked for the car cover yet. Like mdsaab suggested, it will be asked for just before we hand over the cheque
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:33   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you mdsaab and arup.

Is 28K the price you've been quoted in Mumbai for the entire package?

@alam, 28k was quoted after haggling
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:03   #838
BHPian

The 2 deals are getting closer now. Dealer 1 is now offering:

Additional Discount: 25K [down from 35K]

Final OTR Price: 8.64L

Free Accessories:
Transparent Matts
Art Leather Seat Covers
Backup sensor

The only difference now with dealer 2 is dealer 2 is offering 5K less discount [but is throwing in the side protectors], but no Front film.

It seems like they all have a fixed amount of money they can play with - about 40-50K in addition to the 50K discount.
Old 22nd July 2011, 13:37   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Read this on the New Ford Fiesta thread
Here are the current discounts being offered.
discounts on Insurance + 35K flat cashback on the Titanium and Titanium+ for both petrol and diesel.
Way sooner than expected.
Where exactly are these discounts available? I went to the Narain Ford in Lucknow just now, and they did not mention anything! They said they have just two or three bookings on the NFS. And there are many people asking for TDCi SXIs! They are but almost sure that SXIs will not come any longer!
Old 22nd July 2011, 14:56   #840
BHPian

Quote:
The 2 deals are getting closer now. Dealer 1 is now offering:

Additional Discount: 25K [down from 35K]

Final OTR Price: 8.64L

Free Accessories:
Transparent Matts
Art Leather Seat Covers
Backup sensor

The only difference now with dealer 2 is dealer 2 is offering 5K less discount [but is throwing in the side protectors], but no Front film.

It seems like they all have a fixed amount of money they can play with - about 40-50K in addition to the 50K discount.
If I were you I'd take the offer from dealer 2. The side protectors are more imp than front films. My two cents

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks