Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2011, 10:34   #1741
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasana_19 View Post
Now the dealer is offering me another deal. It seems he has some target for each vehicle (not sure thou')

BEAT DIESEL costs 4.99 lacs in tamilnadu, he is offering the same at a price of 4.95 lacs with remote lock, left ORVM, mud flaps and mats. Is it worth going for? I had so much of inclination towards BEAT Diesel before its launch, then changed my mind due to its pricing and concluded on SPARK LPG (now).

Now in a dilema, as my monthly running is 800 KMS (to & fro. office) 300 Kms (shopping, entertainment etc.,). I may keep this vehicle for next 4 to 5 years. Please advice.
If you have the dough to buy the BEAT, then please buy the BEAT. Its worth the money spent. And, Beat is better than the Spark anyday,in terms of space, interiors and exteriors. I would say, G E T the Beat.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 10:38   #1742
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
If you have the dough to buy the BEAT, then please buy the BEAT. Its worth the money spent. And, Beat is better than the Spark anyday,in terms of space, interiors and exteriors. I would say, G E T the Beat.
THanks for your immediate response Ajay. My concern, i need to spend 1 Lakh rupee more, apart from that, I get only basic BEAT DIESEL model. is that worth spending with regard to FE, maintenance and resale value? And what about the maintenance difference between a diesel car, petrol car and a company fitted LPG car, (respectively Spark, BEAT Diesel and Spark LPG). Thanks.
Old 2nd December 2011, 10:48   #1743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasana_19 View Post
THanks for your immediate response Ajay. My concern, i need to spend 1 Lakh rupee more, apart from that, I get only basic BEAT DIESEL model. is that worth spending with regard to FE, maintenance and resale value? And what about the maintenance difference between a diesel car, petrol car and a company fitted LPG car, (respectively Spark, BEAT Diesel and Spark LPG). Thanks.
Personally, I do not advocate any one to go for LPG kit. I have my reservations against the safety and maintenance of these kits and I hate the way the cars crawl in the LPG/CNG mode. Secondly, the LPG kit will occupy some part of your boot which is pretty average-sized in Spark.

What is the difference in the feature sets of Spark and Beat basic? You can always add your own after-market stuff in the Beat. Resale value of Beat diesel will be much better than even the Spark LPG, for sure.
Old 2nd December 2011, 10:51   #1744
BHPian

What is the difference in the feature sets of Spark and Beat basic? [/quote]

The main difference is Front power windows, then no ORVMS, head rest etc., but one of main concerns is BEAT's three pot cylinder.
Old 2nd December 2011, 12:45   #1745
Senior - BHPian

If your yearly running is 12K kms+ as you would suggest, go for Beat Diesel. Anyway Beat is a better car than Spark.
Old 2nd December 2011, 15:10   #1746
BHPian

Capital Honda

Look at the discounts and also the marketing strategy
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-1.png  

Old 2nd December 2011, 15:16   #1747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean
Look at the discounts and also the marketing strategy
Good way to confuse people. Why do they think that an 11Lakh diesel will sell for the same price as a 9Lakh petrol after 5 years of running the exact same number of kms?? Add a lakh to the re-sale of the diesel and subtract a lakh from the re-sale of the petrol and one would probably get a more accurate picture of the resale after 5 years.
Old 2nd December 2011, 16:25   #1748
BHPian

That marketing strategy by Honda is perhaps the most stupid I have ever seen. Did the person who came up with this think customers are morons?
Old 2nd December 2011, 16:41   #1749
Senior - BHPian

Just now received this mailer from Ford. Seems Ford is desperate to clear the 2011 stock before the new year begins & so this concept of "December Dhamaal - Midnight Sale". Had never heard before @ such a kind of a sale & that too for an automobile. Don't if this would at least help Ford to pull in the targeted sales figures.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-20111202_163822.jpg

Further details on this link below.

Ford India - Mid Night Sale

Last edited by AutoIndian : 2nd December 2011 at 16:43.
Old 2nd December 2011, 17:06   #1750
BHPian

This is fords normal December offers, was there last year.BTW from the picture i see that the new fiesta price is 7.5 lakhs!! does this mean that ford is giving the discount on the ex-showroom price?? Thought it was only free insurance or freebies something like that.

Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 17:31   #1751
BHPian

Like Ford, do GM has any plans normally to clear their year end stocks especially in the month of December guys? If so, i may wait for few more days, as am planning to pay the booking amount today.

P.S: Assume I pay my booking amount today, do they allow me to get the benefits of the offer they announce between today and the day i get my delivery (say after a week)?
Old 2nd December 2011, 17:35   #1752
BHPian

Hello Folks,

What can I expect on a Polo 1.2 Comfortline (Petrol) and on Honda Brio this season? (City = Bangalore)

Thanks!
Old 2nd December 2011, 23:19   #1753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary
Hello Folks,

What can I expect on a Polo 1.2 Comfortline (Petrol) and on Honda Brio this season? (City = Bangalore)

Thanks!
In case of Brio, first thing you can expect is delay, big one. Although the SE might say anything, we know Honda is badly hit and wounded as of now. Whereas, Polo you should get off the shelf.

My question to you, why Comfortline variant? Either you buy Trendline and save some bucks or put some more and get Highline. Comfortline is like cheating IMO. No real value add to the TL variant and still pay 30-40k extra. I would suggest stretch and go for HL, which should be around 7 L in Bangalore.

I have uploaded Brio price list few pages back. Add at least 40-50k to the OTR price in Pune and you can get Bangalore price.
Old 2nd December 2011, 23:22   #1754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasana_19
Like Ford, do GM has any plans normally to clear their year end stocks especially in the month of December guys? If so, i may wait for few more days, as am planning to pay the booking amount today.

P.S: Assume I pay my booking amount today, do they allow me to get the benefits of the offer they announce between today and the day i get my delivery (say after a week)?
Yes, offers prevailing at the time of delivery are taken into consideration. So you should get the December clearance offer, if any, if you buy before 31st.
Old 3rd December 2011, 09:35   #1755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Yes, offers prevailing at the time of delivery are taken into consideration. So you should get the December clearance offer, if any, if you buy before 31st.

Thanks for your help dude. Booked a sandrift grey BEAT diesel yesterday. Also, waiting for the december offer to be announced by GM. However, now again am in a dilemma, whether to go for LS or PS model (no money for LT model :( )the major differences between LS and PS are tinted glass and front power windows. what do you suggest buddy?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks