Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2011, 00:53   #1861
BHPian

My i10 Magna 1.2 Deal in hyderabad

Hi Guys,

Booking my i10 tomorrow with Lakshmi Hyundai, Miyapur, Hyderabad.

The deal is as follows:

On road price:
4.32~4.33
(incl loyalty as we have a hyundai in family)

FOC:
Sony 303 MP3 player (no usb, will try to bargain for it)
4 speakers (stock Hyundai)
Reverse parking sensor
Remote locking
Sunfilm
Registration
Seat and steering covers
Mats
Mud flaps
Teflon coating(??)
Perfume
Idol

Need to add full wheel caps.

Anything else i will need for "real" on road price?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks.
Old 26th December 2011, 20:49   #1862
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Hi Guys,
Planning to book Nano 2012 and I am getting the following final price quotes:

Nano CX (metallic)- Rs. 1,68,400

Nano LX (comes only in metallic)- Rs. 1,93,500

In both the variants I am getting Floor Mats+ Mud Flaps + Car Perfume as freebies.

I am more inclined towards the CX variant as it seems to be more VFM. The dealer is ready to book the car in 1st week of January but it will be Dec 2011 manufactured.

Last edited by coolaks7 : 26th December 2011 at 21:00.
Old 26th December 2011, 20:57   #1863
Senior - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

^
It will be December 2011 manufactured you mean?
aparth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 21:12   #1864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
My neighbor booked an Alto K10 Lxi.
The price was Rs. 3.26 lacs after discounts.
Discount: Rs. 21000 (standard Maruti discount)
Discount2: Rs. 10000 (on producing Army letter - it seems they have some scheme for Army families)
My friend has booked a Alto K10 Vxi.
3.55 Lakh OTR Hyderabad.
32K straight cash discount, plus freebies like footmats, mudflaps, mp3 player with speakers, reverse horns, remote central locking and all.

We also negotiated for Spark LS, they matched Alto Vxi OTR price.
They offered Spark LS for 3.51 Lakh OTR.
Discounts include 56K cash discount +Insurance free(worth 10K).
But no stereo!!
Old 26th December 2011, 21:24   #1865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
^
It will be December 2011 manufactured you mean?
How does one find out if the car is manufactured in 2011 and registered in 2012? Does it affect resale?

Last edited by ani_meher : 26th December 2011 at 21:31.
Old 26th December 2011, 21:50   #1866
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
How does one find out if the car is manufactured in 2011 and registered in 2012? Does it affect resale?
The VIN no. will let you know when the car was manufactured (month and year) and the RC will tell you when it was registered.

Yea, Dec manufacture and Jan (the next yr) registration *can* be a point for a slightly low resale quote.

Same reason why dealers offer a discount on Dec manufactured vehicles even in January.
Old 27th December 2011, 14:45   #1867
BHPian

Relative of mine purchased a black Tata Safari VX (4X2) for ex showroom 11.93L. This excludes registration charges, which would be another 70K odd.

Vehicle was Oct 11 manufactured. Didn't get much discounts. Just the usual 30K cash discount, and extended warranty free of cost. Not much accessories either, just foot mats.
Old 27th December 2011, 18:06   #1868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolaks7 View Post
Hi Guys,
I am more inclined towards the CX variant as it seems to be more VFM. The dealer is ready to book the car in 1st week of January but it will be Dec 2011 manufactured.
Nano Lx is also VFM if you consider what you are getting extra.
In Jan 1st week asking for Jan manufactured car from Pune is too much IMHO.
Old 28th December 2011, 18:19   #1869
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Received a quotation from Shubh Honda for the new "facelift" Honda City:

Variant - Corporate Edition

Accessories planned:

Caska Navigation System - 53,980/- (including component speakers)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nawalsingal View Post
Is this price quoted by Honda dealer? Are you sure you want to pay this price?AFAIK, this unit is way cheaper outside the dealership. Cost of this unit shouldn't be more than 32-33K(custom fitting ), excluding speakers. Which components brand you are getting? verify their price as well. You can have a look at Blaupunkt Newyork 800 as well, MRP some 37 K, discounts offered on the same, check your neighbourhood stores.
Quote:
Yes, the price has been quoted by the Honda dealer. That's why I put it in the "planning" stage. I also felt that they were over-quoting by at least 10K, if not more.

They said they will get me either Pioneer or Sony speakers, but I am skeptical about their performance. I insisted on Alpine. Let's see if they get those.

I always have the option of getting my City as it is, and get everything fitted from outside. Thanks for the rec, buddy. I am a big fan of Blaupunkt sound. Will do a check for those.
Quote:
Welcome anytime buddy,
For Blaupunkt, look here
:Blaupunkt: Multimedia Navigation[view]=1563

Stay away from components of Pio/Sony. @5K(Discounted Price) a pair, Rockfords are much better
Confirmed from the Honda dealer, nawal.

The 53,980/- they are quoting me for the entire Caska kit includes the Caska HU at 33K, Alpine component speakers (with tweeters) at 15,990/- and Reverse Camera at 4,990/-. Plus, they said the Caska guy will do it for free, since they have their tie-up with them for fitments for the City, Civic, and Accord. Rates of the Caska HU are expected to go up by around 4K from next month onwards, but if I seal the deal during my booking tomorrow and approve the accessories, they will give it to me at existing rates.

Sounds like a good enough deal, bud. And it will save me the hassle of driving to the after-market stores to get it fitted separately. Think I will take it.

Plus, Blaupunkt New York 800 is not available in any stores in my city. Oh well.
Old 28th December 2011, 18:27   #1870
BHPian

Quote:
Confirmed from the Honda dealer, nawal.

Caska HU at 33K, Alpine component speakers (with tweeters) at 15,990/-

Sounds like a good enough deal, bud. And it will save me the hassle of driving to the after-market stores to get it fitted separately. Think I will take it.

Plus, Blaupunkt New York 800 is not available in any stores in my city. Oh well.
Caska HU@33k is a good price & you have peace of mind to go with the system fitted form dealer. One question though, you are getting set of 4 speakers, Right?So go ahead & enjoy. Congrats in advance for new vehicle & a happy new year. Drive safe. Wish you many happy miles ahead.

Last edited by nawalsingal : 28th December 2011 at 18:29. Reason: Question added
nawalsingal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2011, 18:55   #1871
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Caska HU@33k is a good price & you have peace of mind to go with the system fitted form dealer. One question though, you are getting set of 4 speakers, Right?So go ahead & enjoy. Congrats in advance for new vehicle & a happy new year. Drive safe. Wish you many happy miles ahead.
Nope, nawal. He was quoting for 2 speakers + tweeters, which sounded like a bit of an atrocious pricing, so I am dropping the idea of getting Caska.

Finalised the booking on the 29th, and I will be getting only the side-step illuminated garnishes done at the dealer. Planning on getting everything else fitted from outside. (going to post in the ICE thread for suggestions)

Delivery date was insisted by me for 15th February 2012.

Final OTR including the side-step garnishes for the City CE will be 8,19,158/-. Paid 21,000 as the booking amount.
Old 1st January 2012, 11:29   #1872
BHPian

Quote:
He was quoting for 2 speakers + tweeters, which sounded like a bit of an atrocious pricing, so I am dropping the idea of getting Caska.
2 speakers for 16K(Tweeters are part of components) . Good that you dropped the idea. Anyway, is it possible that you get the HU fitted from them & get speakers from O/S? just a suggestion. Anyway, I have a contact detail for Blaupunkt,9930068980 Rajeev batra (Sales Executive). Off 08652087772. He is based in Mumbai & they arrange for Demo & delivery at customers place, Yup, faraway places also. Maybe they can be of some help to you. As they say" Poochne mein kya jaata hai?" Some kind of special price is also offered, though MRP, when I inquired was 35999/-. Wish you a very happy new year 2012.
nawalsingal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2012, 23:56   #1873
BHPian

I visited Volkswagen Palace Road show room yesterday, regarding Vento TDI Highline model. The sales person mentioned that the 2012 manufactured cars would be available only in Feb 12 or later. He says that the cars on sale, at least till the end of Jan, would be from the 2011 stock. Did any one of you hear about it? Is this correct?
Old 2nd January 2012, 11:32   #1874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaja View Post
I visited Volkswagen Palace Road show room yesterday, regarding Vento TDI Highline model. The sales person mentioned that the 2012 manufactured cars would be available only in Feb 12 or later. He says that the cars on sale, at least till the end of Jan, would be from the 2011 stock. Did any one of you hear about it? Is this correct?
Not sure about VW, but did hear about some discounts being offered by TATA on the Vista VX which have been manufactured in 2011. Is VW offering any discounts on their 2011 stock ? Wish all manufacturers had a year-end clearance sale.
Old 2nd January 2012, 13:33   #1875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaja View Post
This is highly possible, as last month in Delhi the salesman was ready to deliver diesel models; of selected colours; withing 3 days, the time required to get the car from stockyard and prepare it for delivery. So they must have accumulated a month or two of stock.

Most Viewed