Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2012, 09:13   #2356
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

I want to report an unusual incident.

Yesterday I took delivery of a Maruti Eeco 7 seater (with A.C. fitted by dealer) from Auto Hitech, a Maruti dealer in Kolkata.

I drove the car 6 KM, stopped at a petrol pump to fill up the tank, and drove another 3 KM and stopped the car near a shop. When I returned and tried to start the car, it wouldn't start - the battery was flat.

Well...after kicking up a ruckus with Maruti, two technicians arrived. They confirmed that the battery was flat, and the reason was that the connection between the alternator and the battery was broken, and the car had been running on the battery.

I find it hard to believe that this fault could not have been noticed during the PDI.

I must have taken delivery of at least a dozen new vehicles in my life and have faced some niggling problem, but never have I had a brand new car go dead on me after 10 KM.

Well done, Maruti !!!!!
Old 29th August 2012, 12:09   #2357
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Looking for a i10 AT (sportz). The discounts are free insurance+12000 off+10K accessories. They seems to overcharge me on RTO by quoting 42000 instead of 32K i was expecting (@6% of car value) which may translate to 10K accessories. I will get a temporary registration and do the final one my self . Is it a good deal? The car can be had by first week of september if all is fine. The car is in Trivandrum.

Last edited by 999 : 29th August 2012 at 12:11. Reason: adding place of purchase
Old 30th August 2012, 09:50   #2358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benu9714 View Post
I drove the car 6 KM, stopped at a petrol pump to fill up the tank, and drove another 3 KM and stopped the car near a shop. When I returned and tried to start the car, it wouldn't start - the battery was flat.
Well done, Maruti !!!!!
Similar case with my new A-Star. 3 days after delivery, it didnt start. The battery was good but they didnt tighten some lock near alternator. Thats what the service guys said. On top of that they asked for visit charges. I asked them to take it from the showroom manager who waived it off after I gave him air on the phone.
Old 30th August 2012, 13:08   #2359
BHPian

Sorry for OT. After reading above posts, wanted to share this experience. My tenant got delivery of Ford Figo 1.2L on 26th last Sunday. While starting the car, the DTE (distance to empty) was showing as 7kms. The fuel indicator needle was just above empty mark and Sales Guy & a person was insisting that they have filled 8 liters of Petrol. Also the free seat covers given was not of our choice and he could not exchange as there is no workers in showroom on sunday. This was in Cauvery Ford Bangalore and there was no one in showroom to complain as it was Sunday.

So guys it is good if you avoid taking delivery of new car on Sundays.
Old 30th August 2012, 15:13   #2360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Sorry for OT. After reading above posts, wanted to share this experience. My tenant got delivery of Ford Figo 1.2L on 26th last Sunday. While starting the car, the DTE (distance to empty) was showing as 7kms. The fuel indicator needle was just above empty mark and Sales Guy & a person was insisting that they have filled 8 liters of Petrol.
Usually dealers give the voucher for petrol and NOT fill themselves right? I think he should NOT have taken delivery that particular day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
This was in Cauvery Ford Bangalore and there was no one in showroom to complain as it was Sunday...
Well, I suggest writing a complaint to Ford MDs mailbox. The email id is shared somewhere in this forum. This shall make sure you get solutions or at least explanations for both the issues! You may also point out the problems on taking delivery on Sundays which might trigger adding resources for support!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2012, 17:06   #2361
BHPian

Was speaking to Volkswagen dealer on the pricing for Passat and was shocked that the Mumbai onroad price was in the range of 33 lacs , 30 lacs & 28lacs for highline , comfortline and trend line model! And they had a max discount of 1.5lacs.

I told them very bluntly, that given the options in the market today, these prices are totally out of place and also that why would someone put 28 lacs to buy a stripped off version without leather seats, sunroof et al., when one can easily get a true blue one for a few dollars more.

Even the jetta at 23 lacs onroad Mumbai , looks sad.

I believe if they can poring the Passat to sub 25 lacs and jetta to sub 18lac, they would make all the others run.

But I guess, Volkswagen is using the Jetta and Passat, as a positioning model to push people to Skodas and Audis.

Incidentally the onroad for the new A4 is same as the Passat and they are aggressively promoting a market leading financing proposition with 5lac down payment and sub 60k emi. And it was a pleasant surprise to see them talking of onroad price inclusive of everything , in their countrywide advertisements,
Old 2nd September 2012, 17:27   #2362
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barua View Post
Even the jetta at 23 lacs onroad Mumbai , looks sad.
Is this for the Highline DSG? Exactly 1 year ago the on-road Mumbai price for the Highline DSG Jetta was 20.5 lakhs!
Old 2nd September 2012, 17:38   #2363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS
Is this for the Highline DSG? Exactly 1 year ago the on-road Mumbai price for the Highline DSG Jetta was 20.5 lakhs!
Yes, the top of the jetta line
Old 2nd September 2012, 18:24   #2364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Etios Liva, GD top end costs 5.92 OTR at Trivandrum. You get 20k/1 year service package free if you buy now. No other offers.

Micra, top end costs 7.33 OTR (IIRC) and you get no freebies as of now! Great package ( sad that there's no ABS)
It is an old post but 5.92?
I am on the verge of booking a GD SP and its 7l on the road and the GD is 6.7l. Can you please confirm?
Old 2nd September 2012, 19:26   #2365
GRV
BHPian

Hi
I am planning to buy c class avantgard petrol version. Please help me with amount of discount I should target for. I have been offered 2.45 lakhs discount (including corporate) + petrol card worth 1.5 lakhs. I live in delhi.

Thanks
Old 2nd September 2012, 21:20   #2366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benu9714

Yesterday I took delivery of a Maruti Eeco 7 seater (with A.C. fitted by dealer) from Auto Hitech, a Maruti dealer in Kolkata.

Well done, Maruti !!!!!
Mischief done by dealer while installing AC. Am of the view, Maruti woul have done stringent checks before dispatching the car. Dealer didnt do good job after installing AC.
Old 3rd September 2012, 10:01   #2367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Getting a deal for an Alto lxi (800cc) for our manager in Ludhiana. On road price, according to dealer is 3.22 lacs.

Getting it at 2.91 Lac on road including, a basic JVC usb only stereo with front speakers, car cover, mats etc & 3'rd year extended warranty.

In Delhi, the same model is for 3.28 Lacs on road with a 32" lcd tv thrown in free & further about 5-7 k further cash discount.
There is an additional exchange bonus of near 20k too. See you can work something out with the dealer. Forget the TV. Do note that at about 25-30k OTR more, you will get the K10 which is much better value.
Old 3rd September 2012, 10:12   #2368
BHPian

I bought the Alto 800cc lxi on the 30'th of August only, in Ludhiana, as the car registration tax was being increased from 2% to 6% from the 1'st of September. Hence saving about 16k more.

There was no exchange bonus as our earlier car with the manager had an accident & was a total loss case.

Didn't go in for the K10, as the car is to be used only in busy city conditions & the money saved can be used to buy petrol for the company car
Old 6th September 2012, 16:38   #2369
BHPian

Can anyone give me information on the discounts and freebies on Laura TSI in Bangalore? Would be great if I can have the information for:

1. Laura TSI Ambiente
2. Laura vRS

Thanks!
Old 6th September 2012, 17:04   #2370
BHPian

Can anyone give me information on offers/discounts/freebies on the Linea MJD Emotion in Bangalore/Mysore? It would be of great help since I am close to booking one.

Most Viewed